Author Topic: My Wedding Story - Game Pack - Coming February 23th 2022 pack delayed  (Read 6140 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: My Wedding Story - Game Pack - Coming February 17th 2022
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2022, 11:20:45 AM »
OP updated with world info, more twitter posts, and a map.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 01:58:29 PM »
My sims are lucky if I take the time to set up an arch for them, so I don't see myself using a lot of this pack.  But the new world looks great, and I've wanted couples dances for a long time, so those are things I will use.
So, not something that was on my wish list, but some stuff that will make it worthwhile at least.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »
Like Brian_Z, I also don't put a lot of time or effort into weddings for my sims.
The only thing that rather interests me is that the world has four residential lots.
I wonder if that's reason enough for me to get the pack. 
My computer is already groaning under the burden of all the packs and kits.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 11:21:06 AM »

Carl's coverage of the live stream

https://youtu.be/yVYcIrE97Jk

Also added to OP

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »
Even though this pack is probably the weakest in terms of gameplay, it does put a smile on my face. The world looks lovely and reminds me of Monte Vista from TS3. Not only that but there's no snow, unlike what I can see out my real-life window.  I'm delighted that we're getting couples dancing, slow dancing, and line dancing (a return of the Smustle?). And finally my Sim brides can wear something other than the same dress in white, black or red. (I don't do CC.) While I would have preferred a few more veils and a few less wedding cakes, the toppers are definitely cute. I'm getting a Sim ready for a wedding so plan to take advantage.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 06:17:05 PM »
Just thought I would add the pre-pack patch notes.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-02-15-2022

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 04:11:52 PM »
Update on My Wedding Story in Russia.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_ig_ts4-0209-statement-ig&utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&cid=73041&ts=1645043762090

False virtue signaling publicity stunt complete. If this was anything else someone should be fired for utter incompetence. False Virtue signaling in opinion is evil and does great harm. That said opening this up to all is the right move. I was seriously thinking of not going to buy this pack because of the denial of Russian simmers for obvious false virtue signaling. This ups the odds I will buy it but this left a bad taste in my mouth. Between the false virtue signaling and the fact this is a very weak pack in regarding game play I still my not buy this pack.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: My Wedding Story - Game Pack - Coming February 23th 2022 pack delayed
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2022, 08:45:26 AM »
Somehow I missed the pack is being delayed till February 23, 2022.

In the OP I linked tweets from Carl. Apparently the pack is a giant bug fest. News on this pack keeps getting better and better.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2022, 03:38:56 PM »
I'm shocked!  Shocked, I tell you!

Okay, what is shocking is that they're trying to fix it before they dump it on us.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2022, 05:31:44 PM »
I'm shocked!  Shocked, I tell you!

Okay, what is shocking is that they're trying to fix it before they dump it on us.

This shocks me too if that is what is happening. Honestly given the wedding venue bug, (you can't apparently get married at a wedding venue at this time) maybe they need a patch for the patch before the pack even works. All I know for sure is the livestream had issues front and center. Hopefully the delay is actually to fix a bug or fifty. I hope it isn't just to recalibrate with the Russian launch. That nonsense irks me.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2022, 11:11:34 PM »
Carl is already working on fixes for this pack.

https://twitter.com/CarlsSimGuides/status/1495111307036663808

So even if EA does nothing at least someone is working on the game bugs in this pack.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2022, 02:42:13 PM »
A video on My Wedding Story and his fixes.

https://youtu.be/bM0ZeHUiNWg

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2022, 03:52:12 PM »
LOL @ the kid constantly making messes!  Maybe a good idea to give any children attending a slablet or some toys so they have SOMETHING to do.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2022, 07:03:18 PM »
I have seen children do that at actual wedding so it isn't unrealistic. LOL

It seems no patch is coming so the pack is likely coming with all bugs and glitches reported by game changers and seen in the live stream. If Carl who is a newer modder can fix some of these issues before launch with a mod, why couldn't EA with their team of professional programmers do so? This annous me. Just about everything about this pack annoys me. The Russia thing, the bugs everyone can see, the lacking gameplay and the delays do to incompetence. For the first time ever I am not buying this pack at launch. I have every pack and kit but enough. EA get your house in order. Fake virtue signaling is not OK. Releasing packs that have more bugs then Game play is not OK. Not being able to fix things an amateur modder can is not OK. I can except a weak pack that isn't for me but really who is a broken bug fest for?

Sorry about the rant. This is getting silly. When I heard some game changers say fixes are coming and given the delay I was hopeful. I should have known better.