Author Topic: Monitor Issue  (Read 1338 times)

Offline celticlass

• Nooboo
Monitor Issue
« on: January 27, 2022, 12:08:00 PM »
I bought a great gaming pc and a large monitor. Everything worked beautifully. I changed around my room and reconnected everything exactly the same. But now my monitor doesn't work. I did try a new HDMI cable. I do have two connection possibilities. When I try to use the monitor, I get a message from both types of connectors that the connection has been disabled. I didn't disable anything. The computer turns on and lights up, but nothing on the monitor. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: Monitor Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 12:17:38 AM »
Just a randim thought: You did mention that you use the HDMI connector but have you tried to connect the computer to the monitor in any other way, i.e by DVI cable. Maybe the HDMI connecion on one of the units is bad.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline celticlass

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 01:57:29 PM »
I did try the other cable as well. I bought it as a back-up when I purchased my desktop. Never used it until I tried it on the monitor. The PC and Monitor are under warranty. I was hoping to avoid a trip because the store is in another town. Thank you for your reply.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 11:54:11 PM »
Another thing to check is if the HDMI cable is damaged. Try a connection between ports you have already tried, on another HDMI cable. If that works, your original HDMI cable is damaged. If it fails, it is either the monitor or the GPU / Graphics Card on your computer. You can also try plugging your PC into a TV or similar to see if it's the PC or the Monitor which is damaged.