Author Topic: How to force a political protest?  (Read 15390 times)

Leto85

How to force a political protest?
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
I really need this for the upcoming youtube video. How can I force a political protest? I've saw it once in a video for Sims 3 Vanilla but never saw it in real game.
Whoever can help me out with this can suspect a really, really gratefull Leto. :)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: How to force a political protest?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
From sims.wikia:
Sometimes, there may be a protest outside of the city hall, in which Sims can join in (though nothing will happen after it's finished). The protesters carry signs with random pictures on it, if you chose to join the protest your sim will pick up a sign.

Basically, it's completely random and you can't start one. You can check if there is one going on by either zooming in outside the city hall and checking if there is a crowd there, or click Map View and click the City Hall to see if the option "Join Protest" is available.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
I have seen protests in the game, but only one time. I think they are random. Look out for big crowd outside the City Hall. If there is someone shouting, or probably holding boards then you can join the protest.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
I think they happen on the weekends, Leto. Maybe try checking Saturday and Sunday mornings/afternoons.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Yeah, I maybe will Lilly. Thanks for the tip though.
I haven't see you in a while here btw. Hope you are alright. :)

@ some random members: I have read some rumors on the internet that you also could force political protests by doing your job extremely bad till you in the deep red zone while being level 10 political career. Anyone who can confirm this maybe?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:54:30 PM »
I'm still around and doing well, Leto, thanks for your concern. I'm playing a lot of my Dynasty and the first challenge right now. (Apparently you don't read my story. ;) )

On topic: I've had level 10 politicians before but I never choose to drop their performance level into the red, so I can't confirm or deny those rumours. *Trying to think if I have a level 10 right now I could try this on* One of my guys for the Random challenge last year was at level 10 but I believe I deleted all those game files. Sorry, I am of very little help.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
My level 10 politician just retired!  Sorry, Leto.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 01:18:56 AM »
Sorry Leto, I'd tell you how to do it in a second if only I knew. If you're having trouble finding a political demonstration, could you perhaps substitute a Key to the City party instead in your video? You could force one of those by making a Firefighter or Ghosthunter reach level 10 in their career, even if you cheat by dragging their career progress bar up under testingcheatsenabled true. It's not what you're after, I know, but it's all I can think of at the moment. What is the video going to focus on?

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »
I'm still around and doing well, Leto, thanks for your concern. I'm playing a lot of my Dynasty and the first challenge right now. (Apparently you don't read my story. ;) )

To be honnes, I barly read someones story. I am just to busy with editing the next video for the guide. The last few questions I've asked here are all related to it. After that, I could find some time to take a look. :)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Hi Leto,

I have no clue if it's possible to 'force' a protest, either by cheat, or by a specific behavior in the political career.

But I have witnessed a few ones (2-3 maybe?) in my game. I think they usually happen on Saturday morning, around 10.00.
The good thing is that they last several hours, so you should have enough time to record what you want.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
Thanks Bella, and welcome to the forum. Although the video has already been made and put online already I still am interested in knowing when and how to see a political protest. I might need it in the future anyway.

anything