Author Topic: Olympus Dreams (Complete)  (Read 27656 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.6: Girls, Girls, Girls
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
Haha, I'm a glutton for playing full households!

I have a question for you.  I'm hoping to guide my Gen8 twins toward finishing their Big Dreams close to the same time (within a week, at most).
Checking your list of completed BDs, I notice that Intrepid Adventurer lagged considerably behind World Traveler.
Why was that?  Was the later finish caused by the relic-induced skeleton requirement?

I looked through your previous updates (it was hard to correlate your "Week completed' stats the chapter numbers.)
But I discovered that your Intrepid Adventurer finished before your World Traveler (due to the World Traveler's Seashells collection).
I understand now that your list of BDs completed is not in chronological order but in spreadsheet sequence. *facepalms

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2022, 03:30:46 PM »
Haha, I'm a glutton for playing full households!

I have a question for you.  I'm hoping to guide my Gen8 twins toward finishing their Big Dreams close to the same time (within a week, at most).
Checking your list of completed BDs, I notice that Intrepid Adventurer lagged considerably behind World Traveler.
Why was that?  Was the later finish caused by the relic-induced skeleton requirement?

I looked through your previous updates (your system of numbering updates and weeks differently was confusing).
But I discovered that your Intrepid Adventurer finished before your World Traveler (due to the World Traveler's Seashells collection).
I understand now that your list of BDs completed is not in chronological order but in spreadsheet sequence, hehe.
Yes - Hermes took longer to finish World Traveller because - if you remember - I thought he needed 2 of the collections. If I'd not got confused on that, he would have finished much earlier than Ares. On the other hand, I had very little experience of the archeology gameplay and so Ares wasted a fair amount of time in the jungle. With your prior knowledge, I'm sure you'll be able to balance the 2 Big Dreams.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2022, 04:26:50 PM »
Jungle Adventures ranks among my favorite packs, which is why I saved it for last.
Even though feel Ares "wasted a fair amount of time in the jungle," I hope you and Ares enjoyed figuring out the various aspects of the pack's gameplay.
Nothing beats exploring new content for the first time, right.  ;D

Thank you for sharing your thought that Intrepid Adventurer and World Traveler might possibly be completed around the same time. *crosses fingers

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.9: Stranger Than Fiction
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.9: Stranger Than Fiction

Demi: OK – well it’s been a few weeks.
Watcher: I have plans…
Demi: I’ll catch people up, shall I?
Watcher: Hmm?
Demi: Well - I was wrong about Carlo. He does come over a lot. In fact he’s BFFs with Desi now.

9.1.jpg

Demi: But – I was right in one way…I’ve been going to restaurants at night to learn all the Experimental foods and look who was behind me! Out on a date… He didn’t waste much time!

9.2.jpg

Demi: I got my top promotion at work so I quit and bought my own restaurant. It’s only everyday cooking but I’ve already got  stars. I’ll get to 5 in no time!

9.3.jpg

Demi: I always make time for Desi, though. She loved this paddling pool!

9.4.jpg

Desi: Hey! I did love that paddling pool! Why are you showing photos of me as a toddler? Argh! It’s school. I love school! Except when I don’t. Sometimes I hate it!

9.5.jpg

Desi: I love playing chess with Mum & Aunti Techne. But I hate that sometimes!

9.6.jpg

Demi: I just don’t know what to do about Desi!
Techne: What do you mean?
Demi: Sometimes she’s so happy and the next second she can be really angry.
Techne: Have you talked to Carlo about it? After all, it’s his erratic trait she’s inherited.
Demi: He gave me the number of a therapist but…
Techne: But nothing. We need help for her.
Demi: The therapist is in StrangerVille and we’d have to move there to get their help…
Techne: Oh! Well I’ve finished my photo gigs now so work isn’t keeping me here…
Demi: But the sea!
Techne: Can we build a pool?

9.7.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 57 (Year 4, Autumn 1)

Techne (gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 - still in house

Demeter (gen 5) - Restauranteur: Aspirations –Other - #1 3/5 star restaurant for 0/5 days, 20/20Experimental Dishes learnt/photographed

Despoina (gen 6 toddler) – Saviour of StrangerVille: Happy Toddler; Rambunctious Scamp 3/3, Whiz Kid 2/3; Satisfaction Rewards Observant, Night Owl; Other – moved into underground bunker.

9.8.jpg

Notes

Gameplay took priority over story-telling for Despoina’s toddlerhood. Techne has completed her big dream but keeping busy upgrading everything. Demeter only has to do the 5-star restaurant thing.

Despoina has installed herself in the bunker under where the airplane had crashed. Demeter and Techne have built themselves a cosy house adjoining the bunker access. I have not played the StrangerVille mystery before so I’m looking forward to it but will not be sharing spoilers…

Personal note: During Lent, which starts tomorrow Wed 2nd Mar, I’m planning to lead a simpler life and will be AFS (away from Sims) for that time – if I have enough self-control, lol! I thought I’d better let folk know, otherwise you’ll think Mother got me! There are various crafting projects in real-life that I’m hoping to re-engage in. I will be back after Easter. Blessings to you all!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.9: Stranger Than Fiction
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2022, 11:09:14 AM »
Enjoy your simming break!
I've never known anyone (closely) who observes Lent so, when I googled, i was surprised to learn that it lasts until April 14th!
You will be missed on the forum!

When you get back, I hope you enjoy the heck out of the StrangerVille Mystery!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.9: Stranger Than Fiction
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2022, 05:49:35 PM »
Enjoy your simming break!
I've known anyone (closely) who observes Lent so, when I googled, i was surprised to learn that it lasts until April 14th!
You will be missed on the forum!

When you get back, I hope you enjoy the heck out of the StrangerVille Mystery!
Thanks @oshizu - I'll be missing the forum too! Hope you have lots of fun while I'm gone :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.12: Here's The Gen On The Down Low
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2022, 11:01:48 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.12: Here's The Gen On The Down Low

Desi: Hi folks – have you missed me? It’s been 3 weeks so let me catch you up! I scooted through my childhood being really active whilst making time for brainiac stuff. When I became a teen, I sort of lost it a bit and started hearing voices and talking to myself. Part of my therapy was to go out and meet people. This is Emanuel – he runs the Curios shop – we became BFFs really quickly. Mum’s not too sure about him though.

12.1.jpg

With Emanuel’s input and talking to folk around this town, I soon realised something was up and was determined to get to the bottom of it! So that’s just what I did! While Mum and Aunt Techne were busy at the restaurant, I did a heap of research and exploring. Eventually, I got them on board plus Dad (Carlos) and we went and sorted things out with only one false start! No spoilers but…here’s our after-showdown celebration.

12.2.jpg

I aged up to an adult after that. I realised that Emmanuel was right – there’s conspiracies everywhere you look! He's the only one who really knows what's what. As soon as I aged up, we started dating!
I joined the military career because I want to know how to handle myself in future missions and they’ll train me. Look – here’s me practising sparring!

12.3.jpg

Emanuel asked me out on a date to the Bluffs and we talked about how he loves art. It was so romantic, even in the cold. We lit a fire and...I just went with the flow and proposed! Can you see that dot on his shoulder – that’s the bug I planted on him – to keep him safe – you understand?
He wanted to keep us on the down-low so we exchanged vows right there and then, no witnesses! He also showed me what that bush is for! I’m definitely all grown up now!

12.4.jpg

I spent the next day exploring space (5 times!) but then I realised! I’m pregnant. I told Mum but she and Aunt Techne weren’t very pleased. They said that Emanuel was no good. They went quiet when I told them we were married…

12.5.jpg

The next day, Mum was in a much better mood. Her restaurant had 5 stars for the last 5 days. Me and Aunt Techne helped of course, but it’s all Mum has ever dreamed about!

12.5a.jpg

After we got home from celebrating, I rushed over to Emanuel’s shack to tell him our news. He didn’t look very excited about the baby…started talking about us buying into a whole indoctrination of parenthood. I was the one going quiet then…

12.6.jpg

Emanuel rang to ask me on a couple of dates after that but it was always when I was busy working or over-tired. Then I had her – my little Hecate, Cate for short. Isn’t she adorable? Here’s Aunt Techne giving her an aeroplane ride. Both she and Mum have been great. Emanuel didn’t even send a present…

12.7.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 61 (Year 4, Winter 1)

Techne (gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 – still in house

Demeter (gen 5) - Restauranteur: Completed Week 60 – still in house

Despoina (gen 6) – Saviour of StrangerVille: Aspirations completed – Strangerville Mystery, Nerd Brain; Career – Military 5/10; Skills maxed – Fitness, Programming, Wellness; Reward traits – Observant, Night Owl; Other – Still in bunker; married to (paranoid) Emanuel from the Curio Shack (not moved in)

Hecate (gen 7 toddler) -: All toddler skills at 2

Screenshot 2022-04-05 120906.jpg

Notes

Lent isn’t going to plan and I need the immersive experience of Sims for distraction purposes, Lol! You knew I would cave, didn’t you!

You might have worked out from my family that I’m rushing to the finish line of this dynasty. I’ve never finished one before and I’m determined to. I’ve not used strawberries, etc to get girl babies but I’m very pleased that it reduces my need for extra dreamers.

I’m hoping Techne and Demeter will continue to be helpful in the house so they’ll stay around to the finish.

Hecate was generally represented as three-formed or triple-bodied – perfect for the daughter of an erratic person. In art and in literature she is constantly represented as dog-shaped or as accompanied by a dog. Her approach was heralded by the howling of a dog. She was the goddess of a whole load of paranormal stuff which I don’t have the pack for so I think I’ve given enough clues to see what other Big Dream she has.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.12: Here's The Gen On The Down Low
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2022, 01:08:16 PM »
Welcome back, friend. You have been missed!
I hope you and Despoina enjoyed the StrangerVille Mystery!
Weee, Gen7!  You're almost there! Do you only need one Gen8 Dreamer to finish?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.12: Here's The Gen On The Down Low
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2022, 05:01:57 PM »
Welcome back, friend. You have been missed!
I hope you and Despoina enjoyed the StrangerVille Mystery!
Weee, Gen7!  You're almost there! Do you only need one Gen8 Dreamer to finish?
Yep! 20 Dreams completed already so Hecate doesn't actually need to finish one but her child will! It's too exciting! Lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.13: Fascinating Creatures
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.13: Fascinating Creatures

Cate: What’s up, you clowns? I’m Cate and I’m The Golden Child. At least that’s how it feels sometimes… Look! Here’s Granny D knitting a jumper for me to grow into while Mum does flash cards with me. Me – me – me!

13.1.jpg

Mum’s really cool. Look at her marching around in her work outfit! Even holding an umbrella, she looks fierce.

13.2.jpg

Here she is with my Dad, back when they were still talking.  He says he didn’t mind her working for “The Man” since they need to know about the you-know-what at the you-know-where, whatever that means. It was the other thing that was the problem and I know what that is!

13.3.jpg

Previously
Techne: We need to talk while Desi’s at work. This isn’t going to end well!
Demi: But I don’t know what we can do about it.
Techne: When he finds out, he’ll break her heart. He’s not only paranoid, but he’s evil too!

13.12.jpg

Demi: Maybe he’ll be cool with it…
Techne: Really? The official Conspiracy Theorist cool about anything out of the ordinary?
Demi: Let’s just let sleeping dogs lie. We can deal with it when it becomes a problem.
Techne: No! I want our girls to be free to be who we are and not ashamed of it. We face it head-on – tomorrow!

13.4.jpg

Emanuel: Hey, little one. It’s so good to meet you.
Cate: Dada?

13.5.jpg

Desi: Thank you for coming on a swimming date to our home. Because you’re just over there at the shack, I can’t seem to get you to stay here for long any other way.
Emanuel: My work’s really important to me. You know that. But you’re looking really great in your swimsuit. Wow, it looks like it’s made of scales. I’ve never seen one like it.
Desi: It’s a special order item…

13.6.jpg

Demi: Hi Emanuel. Nice to finally meet you. We were so surprised by your whirlwind romance but…welcome to the family.
Emanuel: Well – if Desi keeps her good looks like you have, I’m an even luckier guy than I thought!

13.7.jpg

Demi: You just hold on to that thought!
Techne: Oh great – we’re all here. Let’s dive in!
Emanuel: What? What! But you…you’re all…mermaids?
Desi: Why have you put your clothes back on?
Emanuel: I can’t… I can’t deal with this!

13.9.jpg

Desi: Come in with me! I know you love me!
Emanuel: You’re the most fascinating creature I’ve ever met! But…
Desi: Kiss me!
Emanuel: Oh – what are you doing to me:
Desi: I love you, Emanuel. I’d never hurt you.
Emanuel: I’ve got to go….work at the shack…I…

13.10.jpg

Back to Now
Cate: And that was when Mum & Dad stopped talking to each other. Mum said she couldn’t help listening in on the bug she’d planted on him and she didn’t like what he said about our kind – oh yes – I’m a mermaid too. I won’t get my tail until I age up but I am what I am… Dad doesn’t know that yet. He’s still OK with me visiting the shack. If I want to, that is.

13.11.jpg

Mum get’s sad sometimes but then she sort of twitches and moves on. She’ll only use the bugs for work now. She says people who eavesdrop never hear good about themselves…

13.13a.jpg

So that’s my family! Mum working up the ranks in some covert military thing plus Granny D and Great Aunt Techne – all focussed on me – The Golden Child!!!! I can't wait to start school on Monday!

13.13.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 62 (Year 4, Winter 2)

Techne (gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 – still in house

Demeter (Demi - gen 5) - Restauranteur: Completed Week 60 – still in house

Despoina (Desi - gen 6) – Saviour of StrangerVille: Career – Covert Operator 8/10; Other – Still in bunker; married to (paranoid) Emanuel from the Curio Shack (not moved in)

Hecate (Cate - gen 7 child) -: Top-Notch Toddler; Whiz Kid 1/4; Scout badges 0/10

13.14.jpg

Notes

I’m afraid Emanuel was never going to join the household with his evil trait but he was the only handy paranoid/erratic person around for Desi to marry and I think you’ll agree that their daughter Cate is cute. Desi was tempted to use the Siren’s Call on him but she’s better than that!

Apologies for the confusing nature of the Demi (mother) and Desi (daughter) names – I get muddled too – very awkward planning!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.13: Fascinating Creatures
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2022, 07:20:50 PM »
Oh, I never realized that everyone in the family was a merfolk!
No wonder they all look so fit!
Eh, Desi didn't need Emanuel anyway, except to give birth to Cate.

Wild guess at Cate's BD: Virtuous Vet? 🐶🦝🐈

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.13: Fascinating Creatures
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2022, 01:33:06 AM »
Oh, I never realized that everyone in the family was a merfolk!
No wonder they all look so fit!
Eh, Desi didn't need Emanuel anyway, except to give birth to Cate.

Wild guess at Cate's BD: Virtuous Vet? 🐶🦝🐈
Yeah - she's so over him! lol - all he can talk about is conspiracy!

Absolutely - Virtuous Vet and I've forgotten most of what I learnt following your dreamer but it'll be fun trying.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.14: Puppy Puddles
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2022, 02:25:52 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.14: Puppy Puddles

Demi: Why have we come here?
Techne: I thought, while Cate’s at school, we should look at our options.
Desi: Options, Auntie?
Techne: When you’ve successfully managed your military operations the people of Strangerville won’t need us anymore. They’ll have all the personnel that you’ve trained up to keep on top of things.
Desi: Just 2 more promotions… Can I still have an underground refuge? You know it makes me feel more secure.
Techne: Sure – it’s important that we all feel comfortable in our next home.
Demi: We can move again! Back to Sulani – yay! But why are we here?
Techne: Well – I know it’s not Sulani – but there’s a beach…
Desi: A cold beach!
Techne: It’ll be Spring soon enough and your underground refuge can include an indoor pool! The place that’s available looks amazing from the outside. More than enough room for us all to thrive, including Cate.

14.1.jpg

Cate: It’s been an amazing week – so busy that we hardly took any photos to show you. I did so much stuff that my teachers reckon I’m gifted in every possible area! See – The Golden Child thing! I’m not focused all the time though. I did some yoga and it made me really silly – I went round pretending to be a dog! How prophetic!

14.5.jpg

I came home from school with an A on Thursday night and mum said I could have Friday off. I spent all day and early Saturday looking for frogs, fishing and dancing. I became a Llamacorn Scout before lunch and quit Scouts. Granny D said it’s what our family does – gets to the top of a career and then quits. I’m sure I’ll understand that one day.
Anyhoo – I spent the rest of Saturday playing the violin and a video game. Aunt Techne said that 4 friends outside the family wasn’t balanced and so I invited my 2 school mates over plus another girl that I liked. We soon were all friends together. Did I tell you that I’m Incredibly Friendly?
Sunday came – I know, I usually write my updates on Sunday mornings but it’s a big day! My birthday. Aunt Techne threw a party for me, inviting all my friends. She even invited my Dad. Here he is hugging me!

14.3.jpg

He acted a bit weird – I knew he wasn’t comfortable in our house but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, I’d only heard Mum’s side. But then it turned out he wanted me to apologize to him for something I’d done as a toddler! I mean, really! I don’t even remember what it was! I did apologize, I’m good like that, but inside I was really upset.
Mum knew how to cheer me up though. She knew how I feel about dogs and she said, instead of waiting until we get to our next place (what next place?) let’s get one now! Meet Ayesha, a female Akita pup who is loyal and a glutton and something else I can’t remember. She’s not been spayed yet so I think we’d better get that sorted… but isn’t she adorable!

14.4.jpg

I must confess that I ignored my party guests after that. I played with Ayesha and did a bit of “potty” training. She’s only a pup though so I put her to bed. Granny D says that when we move, Ayesha and I can share a room – I didn’t tell you that I’ve only got a bed on the landing at the moment – some Golden Child, huh?
Mum went off for her night shift and, 2pm in the morning, this! Her top promotion! She says I can have another day off to help with our move and then start high school from our new home. I love my life!

14.2.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 63 (Year 4, Winter 3)

Techne
(gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 – still in house

Despoina (gen 6) – Saviour of StrangerVille: Completed Week 63 – still in house

Hecate (gen 7 teen) – Virtuous Vet: Whiz Kid (plus all other child aspirations) complete; Scout badges 10/10 (inc the needed 5); Teen – own  a dog, 0/8 unique tricks; Aspirations – Friend of the Animals 1/4, one other; Skills – Logic 3, Veterinarian 0, Pet Training 1

14.6.jpg

Notes

@oshizu  correctly identified Cate’s Big Dream as Virtuous Vet – not a big surprise. I’ve not done any vet play on SIMS before. Do you think my RL daughter being a qualified Vet nurse and tutor to Vet students will help? She works for the university at a referral hospital where the 4th year Vet students do placements, helping them sit in on suitable cases and get practical experience, discussing patient care and workplace practice. I think I’ll walk this Dream with her help, lol!

Ayesha is not a Greek God but I have named her after the title character from She – a novel by Rider Haggard. It doesn’t fit her character traits but I’ve always wanted a dog called Ayesha (allergies make that a non-starter)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 4.14: Puppy Puddles
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »
Yes, definitely!  Once the beautiful Cate has opened her clinic, ask your daughter to be her backseat driver as Cate diagnoses and treats her patients.
Your daughter will surely get a huge kick out of the simplicity of the vet career system, haha.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.15: The Saviour’s Fate - Have Your Say!
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2022, 06:06:00 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.15: The Saviour’s Fate - Have Your Say!

Ayesha: Ball! Ball! Ball! I love all my play balls – I’ve got one of every sort. I know Cate couldn’t remember my 3rd trait last time – can you guess it? I’m a glutton and loyal and…PLAYFUL! How could she forget that? Here’s me with my pink ball and my first dog bed.

15.1.jpg

We’re over in Brindleton now in the big house at the cove. I got to go in for Christmas Day but most of the time me and Cate live in our own little separate cottage with a big outdoor area. We’ve got our own bathroom. Cate says they usually only have showers but I need a bath everyday. I’m not the only one who likes a bath – look at Cate’s mum! She keeps upsetting the others in the house. She’s so erratic and paranoid she can’t help it!

15.2.jpg

Cate keeps uploading pictures of me to Simstagram and one day someone sent me this new bed. It’s blue and square and BIG. Cate says I have to sleep in it so people will send more things when they see the photos. I prefer my little pink one but I’m OK curled up in a corner of this one.

15.3.jpg

Cate got an extension to our little cottage so she could get some vet stuff in there. She wants her own clinic eventually but she’s practicing at this table. I didn’t mind because she was making treats but she won’t give them to me because she says they’re weird. She’s got her old hairstyle here. Watcher says all the women she saw graduating as vets had blonde, straight hair so Cate decided to follow the trend. I think she looks great both ways.

15.4.jpg

We all went to the park on Saturday where Cate talked to a lot of other dogs besides me. Demi, Desi and Techne all looked after me while she did that. In fact they look after me while Cate’s at school – she’s a A grade now! I get a break from training while she’s there and I can get away with all sorts of bad behaviour because only Cate is training me!

Big Dreams Progress: Week 64 (Year 4, Winter 4)

Techne
(gen 5) – Ace Photographer: Completed Week 56 – still in house

Despoina (gen 6) – Saviour of StrangerVille: Completed Week 63 – still in house

Hecate (gen 7 teen) – Virtuous Vet: Teen – own  a dog, 0/8 unique tricks; Aspirations – Friend of the Animals 2/4, one other; Skills – Logic 5, Veterinarian 3, Pet Training 2

L-to-R: Demi, Desi holding Ayesha, Techne & Cate
Screenshot 2022-04-08 101434.jpg

Notes

It was a mistake to get a puppy. Cate’s requirements include training her dog to 8 tricks and a puppy doesn’t seem able to do that. Playing on long, we’ve got another week of puppyhood. She could adopt an adult dog but she’s working hard enough with the puppy who does not sleep through the night. On the other hand, she needs to become companions with another pet for the aspiration – can she only do that with an owned pet?

Desi’s erratic and paranoid traits are becoming destabilizing in our other-wise happy household. Should she move out or re-trait? And if she re-traits, which ones should she go for? Her 3rd existing trait is Active.

When we attending our daughter’s graduation as a vet nurse, we also saw that year’s veterinarians graduate. They were mainly women – at least 80% - and, for the most part, had very straight blonde hair. It was quite hard to tell them apart and slightly freaky tbh! I hope they all went on to great career success but with more individual styles.