Author Topic: Olympus Dreams (Complete)  (Read 27605 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.9: A Flair For Repairs
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2022, 04:56:10 PM »
Wow, your household has two Party Animals!
Aphie is getting close to finished. Sigh, that pesky World-Famous Celeb aspiration.

How are you enjoying Harmonia's Father Winter's Child trait? Personally, I prefer Sulani Mana. ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.10: One Or Two Deaths
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
Olympus Dreams 3.10: One Or Two Deaths

Paidia: The trouble with being the narrator is that I’ve got some bad news to pass on. I know Great Aunt Hebe had been an elder for some time so it wasn’t unexpected but she is the first of our blood family to die. She leaves Don with their child Camilo. We really must drop by sometime.

10.01a.jpg

Sei: Hi Paidia, you’re looking serious.
Paidia: It’s like this Dad: you go round sad all the time because you’re not spending time with the island spirits and Hebe’s death has you really low. Do you think it’s time to pass the leadership of our family club on to me?
Sei: Oh! You mean I’m not doing a very good job? That’s so sad!
Paidia: It’s OK, Dad. It’s just time!
Sei: OK
Paidia: Love you, Dad!
Sei: I know.

10.1.jpg

Harmonia: I can’t decide if I like my work outfit or not. It’s very co-ordinated but a little sombre. Still that suits the sad mood in our house. I didn’t know Great Aunt Hebe very well but she was great at making cocktails!

10.02.jpg

Paidia: Thanks for asking me on a date, Pablo.
Pablo: You seemed to like me and I definitely like you!
Paidia: I thought you’d be busy with your studies.
Pablo: I can’t think of studying when you fill my mind!
Paidia: Oh Pablo!
Pablo: Oh Paidia!
Paidia: Will you be my boyfriend?

10.2.jpg

Aphie: So I’m a Worldwide Celebrity now! I was wondering about moving out and into a bigger limelight…
Clement: What about me?
Aphie: You’ll be coming too, silly bear! When you’re ready.
Clement: I’d rather you stayed until then.
Aphie: You would?
Clement: Yes, darling Aphie. Harmonia doesn’t really need me anymore and I do need to be needed!
Aphie: I didn’t know you were worried. I’ll stay for you, funny bunny! Is that why you’ve been sneaking presents? To make up for it?
Clement: Oh – I thought no-one had noticed.
Aphie: You’d better watch out. I saw my brother eyeing them up. I don’t know what he’s got in mind!

10.6.jpg

Sei: He he he! I’ll get my own back by swapping presents! Paidia likes games – let’s see how she likes this one!

10.7.jpg

Clement: Just one more…eugh! Who put this pile of pet poo in the presents!

10.10.jpg

Paidia: Dear readers, I have something strange to relate (before something wonderful). Great Grandma Hera phoned Aphie the other day to ask if she and Great Grandad Zeus should have another baby. Well, with her being an elder, Aphie thought it was a wind-up so she went along with the “joke” and said “Yes!”. She came to one of Uncle Clem’s dinner parties like this! Who would have believed it possible!?!?

10.11.jpg

Paidia: OK – that was the strange news. The much better news is this!

10.12.jpg

Paidia: Everyone was so happy for us and the dinner party was a great success. Uncle Clem was really tired afterwards and went to bed. But Aunt Aphie was hysterical. Watcher? I don’t really understand what happened?
Watcher: I sent her to Try to Calm Down and then to bed but on the way, she just collapsed.
Paidia: Thank you for telling me to give Grim the death flower.
Watcher: I’m just glad you were there!
Paidia: I still don’t think it was very appropriate for Grim to start mixing himself a drink afterwards but I guess he had just brought Auntie back to life. Maybe he needed a pick-me-up too.
Watcher: Your Uncle Clem slept through the whole thing and doesn't even know anything happened!

10.13.jpg
10.14.jpg

Clement: Bonfire Night! I’ve put out more decorations. Get your costumes on! Let’s celebrate!
Harmonia: Oh good! Party Spirit! I do like blowing horns and singing together.
Aphie: Listen to all my dramatic or unbelievable (not funny) stories.
Sei: I’ll light fireworks
Paidia: Sorry I’ve changed out of my costume. I was desperate for a swim.
Hali’a: I see someone’s lit the fire – let’s roast marshmallows!
Paidia: Oh yes! Yummy!
Hali’a: Argh!
Paidia: I’ll put it out. No – don’t do it again….oh for goodness sake!
Hali’a: I feel a little scorched. I’m going for a shower.
Harmonia: Just don’t let her near the fireworks!

10.15.jpg

Paidia: Our big day!
Pablo: I was expecting a white dress but you look amazing in black. I’m the luckiest guy!
Paidia: I can’t believe how much I want to marry you! Mum & Dad got married here. It’s a special place for our family!
Pablo: It’s perfect – just like our future will be.

10.16.jpg

Pablo: Our kids will get married here too!
Paidia: Kids? Wow, your thinking ahead!
Pablo: I want a Big Happy Family – with you.
Paidia: A “big” family?
Pablo: You do want kids don’t you?
Paidia: Definitely one…
Pablo: The more, the merrier! Smile!

10.19.jpg

Sei: I can’t believe Paidia made us work at her wedding!
Hali’a: Well I do like showing off my skills and we’re done for the day now anyway.
Watcher: It was me, folks! Sorry – it’s the best way to make sure we get everything done in good time. Thanks so much! Go on and enjoy the dancing!

10.22.jpg

Paidia: Come on, girls! Let’s strut our stuff!
Hera: Ohhh – I’m not sure this is a good idea for an elderly postpartum!
Harmonia: Didn’t you bring the baby with you?
Hera: Baby Alma’s with her dad. For some reason, Paidia didn’t invite him to the wedding…
Harmonia: That’s because things are still a bit weird with Granny Candy and him. Maybe I’ll try to fix that relationship…

10.24.jpg

Pablo: Is this a regular thing at your family weddings too?
Paidia: Sure is, gorgeous man of my dreams! Shake your booty!

10.25.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 42 (Year 3, Autumn 2)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Completed week 42 – still in house

Poseidon (Sei - gen 3) – Sea Siren: Completed week 36 – still in house

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Aspirations – Party Animal 3/4; Other: All Gold for 5-tradition holidays 5/5; 5 holiday decorations 4/5; Sneak presents 3/3

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 2/4; Skills – rock climbing 4; Move In collection 9/15 City posters

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: Aspirations – Computer Whiz 2/4, Leader of the Pack 2/4; Career – eSport Gamer 7; Skills – Videogaming 8, Charisma 10, Programming 9; 0/5 professional tournaments, 0/3 games written

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations –Party Animal 0/4; Career – Entertainer 7; Skills –Comedy 5, Piano 8; other 0/12 gold parties

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) - ?. Move in status: Aspiration Big Happy Family; Degree – F in ordinary communications degree 7/12 modules; Skills above 1 – Charisma 5, Logic 7, Writing 2

Notes

Sei autonomously swapped out a present. I had no idea he was so sneaky. In order to sneak a present, Clement had to retrait his “good” to “outgoing” which seemed appropriate.

Aphie got her 3rd  “be asked for a selfie” by just hanging around after announcing her arrival in Mt Komorebi, accompanying Hali’a on one of her hikes. I seem to remember it’s happened like that before. I must remember not to queue up interactions if I need to do it again. The last stage of the World Wide Celebrity Aspiration is much easier to complete.

Hera’s pregnancy was a real surprise! I didn’t think elder women could get pregnant.

I toyed with the idea of letting Aphie pass away as she had completed her Big Dream but Paidia was there and had a flower so…she lives to swan about another day!

I have to say that Pablo’s probationary degree status was disappointing. He’s got 5 modules left to bring his F up. Otherwise he’ll need to do a collection as well as his degree to qualify for moving in. His skills aren’t too bad as they’re often zero across the board. His incoming aspiration will help with raising a family but it will be changing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.10: One Or Two Deaths
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2022, 02:34:32 PM »
That is crazy about Hera getting pregnant. I hope she lives long enough for Alma to become a teen.
I don't remember if a single child would get taken away by Social Services, but a single nooboo or toddler definitely vanishes from the game.

How odd that Hebe passed away before her mother Hera did.

I have no idea what big Dream you're planning for Pablo.
You completed the BDs requiring a degree in your previous attempt (Dr McSteamy, Uber Sim, Internet Celeb, and Lifelong Learner).
I really can't imagine you wanting to repeat any of those four right now.
So your plan is to try to bring Pablo's GPA up to a C, thereby avoiding the need for a collection? But why would he need both a degree and a collection?
Looking forward to seeing what your plans for him are.

Oh, thanks for reminding that I need to decide on a move-in collection!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.9: A Flair For Repairs
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2022, 02:15:11 AM »
How are you enjoying Harmonia's Father Winter's Child trait? Personally, I prefer Sulani Mana. ;)
I think Harmonia is racking up reward points quite quickly so that's helpful. I've not really used the Sulai Mana...I'm not sure why I'd want a volcanic bomb!

That is crazy about Hera getting pregnant. I hope she lives long enough for Alma to become a teen.
I don't remember if a single child would get taken away by Social Services, but a single nooboo or toddler definitely vanishes from the game.

How odd that Hebe passed away before her mother Hera did.

I have no idea what big Dream you're planning for Pablo.
You completed the BDs requiring a degree in your previous attempt (Dr McSteamy, Uber Sim, Internet Celeb, and Lifelong Learner).
I really can't imagine you wanting to repeat any of those four right now.
So your plan is to try to bring Pablo's GPA up to a C, thereby avoiding the need for a collection? But why would he need both a degree and a collection?
Looking forward to seeing what your plans for him are.
Alma is the third independent child of Zeus & Hera so (young adults) Joelle and Camillo can look after her if they die soon. Zeus & Hera both took a Potion of Youth before they left the house - it seemed appropriate at the time...

Pablo's doing the work for his communications degree but there's the threat of him being chucked off the course or not graduating. Then he would need to work on a collection. He only has 5 modules to go (over 2 weeks) so he might as well have a go. He doesn't need a degree for any specific Big Dream but it could give him a head start in a career demanded by it.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.11: Making Over The Admiral
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2022, 05:51:44 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.11: Making Over The Admiral

Dae: Down in one! Down in One! I believe that is what I am supposed to chant.
Harmonia: Who needs to be a student to have a Keg party? Oh bother – it doesn’t count!

11.1.jpg

Pablo: Honey? Are you asleep out there? You know I love the whole mermaid thing but it would be nice to sleep together sometimes!

11.2.jpg

Paidia: Whatcha doin?
Pablo: Studying – like you want me to.
Paidia: Haven’t you earned a little “down time”? (waggling eyebrows)
Pablo: Will you stay in bed with me, if we do?

11.4.jpg

Clement: Right folks! It’s Leaf Peeper Day. Time for gardening, appreciating things, barbeques, giving flowers and telling stories.
Aphie: We don’t all need to join in do we?
Clement: Not if you don’t want to. I just need to put some decorations out.
Pablo: How much more decoration do you need? I hope all this Autumn stuff goes away soon!
Sei: Hali’a? This is for you.
Hali’a: Oh that’s so lovely!
Watcher: Wait! What? I didn’t tell you to do that.
Sei: Just giving my beautiful wife a rose, on the spur of the moment!

11.5.jpg

Paidia: I’m so proud of you! You got straight A+ in all 3 modules and now your average GPA is C+. They’ve taken your “probation” status off too!
Pablo: Well you have encouraged me to study hard. I’ve signed up for next term, just 2 more modules to go.
Paidia: You’ll ace them, my darling!
Pablo: Can I ask why you’re dressed in your aunt’s outfit?

11.6.jpg

Candy: Thanks for inviting us to this dinner/breakfast party.
Harmonia: Thank you for coming. It’s a farewell breakfast for my parents.
Aggi: Are they moving out now?
Candy: Where are they going?
Clement: We’re off to help Don raise Camillo, now Hebe’s passed away. Don’s not getting any younger so…
Aggi: That is very satisfactory. Camillo is our uncle but still a child. It is well to have him cared for by family members.

11.7.jpg

Harmonia: It’ll be weird not having you living here.
Aphie: I’m sure you’ll miss me a lot. Don’t rush to make me a grandmother, will you!
Harmonia: I’m too busy partying to settle down with kids, Mum.
Aphie: Good.

11.8.jpg

Pablo: I just think we should consider it.
Paidia: But our family have always lived here.
Pablo: You own all this area but only some of it is land. I’ve found the perfect bargain.
Paidia: You know me and Dad need the water.
Pablo: You can’t climb up the ladders here. The new place is right by the beach and there’s a perfect place for you and me to enjoy some alone time.
Paidia: Let's go!

11.10.jpg

Hali’a: I can’t believe you agreed to this. It’s a wreck. I mean – it’s actually a wreck!
Sei: It’s quirky. We can clear up down here for bedrooms and build living space upstairs. The sea’s not far and it’s really easy for me to fish whenever I want.
Hali’a: Hmmmph!

11.11.jpg

Before

11.12.jpg

After

11.13.jpg

Harmonia: I like my bedroom, right in the prow of the ship. And I’ve finally got a double bed! Hmmmm…
Paidia: We’ve put your piano right where you can play easily. We’re at the back.
Pablo: Shall we tell her that she’s right next to the nursery.
Paidia: She doesn’t need to know that yet. Besides, there’s just the Egg Bunny and a toybox in there for now.
Pablo: One more week of studies…

11.14.jpg

Pablo: It was nice of your parents to come and help us move in, Harmonia.
Harmonia: Dad’s asking where all his decorations are?
Pablo: Oh – we sold most of the tat…
Paidia: We didn’t have room for all the lovely items he’d gathered. We assumed he’d taken everything he wanted with him.
Harmonia: I understand what you’re saying… Did you notice Mum is finally wearing one of her own designs? It suits her, ironically!

11.15.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 43 (Year 3, Autumn 3)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Completed week 42 – moved out

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Completed week 43 – moved out

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 2/4; Skills – rock climbing 6; Move In collection 11/15 City posters

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: Aspirations – Computer Whiz 3/4, Leader of the Pack 3/4; Career – eSport Gamer 8; Skills – Videogaming 9, Programming 10; 0/5 professional tournaments, 2/3 games written

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations –Party Animal 1/4; Career – Entertainer 9; Skills –Comedy 7, Piano 10; other 3/12 gold parties

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) - ?: Degree GPA C+; Skills – Charisma10, Logic 7, Writing 4

Screenshot 2022-02-14 185825.jpg

Notes

I'm still getting the hang of how often I need to repair my games. So far Harmonia has thrown 3 parties (House, Keg and Dinner) but none of them have counted for stage 2 of her aspiration. I need to take notes as to when I repair/clean out cache and when the parties do register...then I'll report back. That's if it is at all predictable!

Pablo getting his degree grade up means he wont need to do a move-in collection and will hopefully give him a bit of a help in his chosen careen. I’ve only given his skill building as his aspirations are a dead giveaway.

Did you spot all the festivals I had to create to get Clement through his tasks? All Saints Day (I’m not a big fan of Halloween), Bonfire Night (peculiar to the UK that usually includes the dodgy concept of burning a “guy”) plus Leaf Peepers which I think is where people travel to view the Autumn/Fall leaf colour changes. I was going to wait until Harvestfest but it was time! It was cute that Sei autonomously gave his wife a gift of a rose...with a message. I've not seen that before.

New Location is the Admirals Wreckage. I’ve managed to build the ground floor around the main wreck and the underground is pretty useful as bedrooms. I might add more on the 1st floor depending.

Mermaids can’t climb ladders from the water so – whilst it was lovely living over the water – it makes little difference in the time getting in and out of the water. It’s also very handy for that waterfall 😉

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.11: Making Over The Admiral
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »
Farewell, Aphie and Clement. It's great you had Clement finish his BD in time to be there for Camillo.

Great job, Pablo, pulling up your GPA and getting off academic probation.
I was sure that, with your Watcher's supervision, you could pull it off.
As for Pablo's BD, the only one that could possibly fit those three skills is, perhaps, Soulmates?

I love Admiral's Wreckage! It's one of my two favorite lots in Sims 4. My sims are living on my other favorite now, haha.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.12: Career Beginnings and Endings
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2022, 02:51:25 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.12: Career Beginnings and Endings

Harmonia: Thanks for all coming for my Kava Party.
Artemis: Thanks for inviting us. I really like how you’ve used some of the ship wreck to create a backdrop!
Sei: I’ve cooked a grand feast in the firepit!
Harmonia: That doesn’t count as a group meal, uncle! Can you barbeque something?
Sei: No worries!
Harmonia: So satisfying to have a party that counts!

12.1.jpg

Paidia: I couldn’t miss the chance to enter the Ultimate Gaming Contest! Here’s my Refuge section!

12.2.jpg

Hali’a: I’ve found a couple of new posters!
Paidia: Sh! I’ve nearly got through this firewall!
Hali’a: Shouldn’t you be at work by now?
Paidia: Argh! I’m sure they’ll understand!
Hali’a: Shame you’re not a Slacker!

12.3.jpg

Hali’a: You guys have got no rock climbing skills and yet you’re always ahead of me!
Artemis: I seem to get invited along to everything these days.
Hali’a: We’re worried you’ll be an elder soon…
Artemis: Thanks for getting us to the top. That was fun!

12.4.jpg

Harmonia: Top of my musician’s career! I’m gonna quit and become the ultimate party girl! O-o! O-o!

12.5.jpg

Harmonia: Dance Party! No tasks to complete – just fun – a…nd – it doesn’t count… Never mind – I might just have found a potential love-interest.

12.6.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 44 (Year 3, Autumn 4)

Poseidon
(Sei - gen 3) – Sea Siren: Completed week 36 – still in house

Hali’a
(ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 2/4; Skills – rock climbing 7; Move In collection City posters complete

Paidia
(gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: Aspirations – Computer Whiz 4/4, Leader of the Pack 3/4; Career – eSport Gamer 10; Skills – Videogaming 10; 1/5 professional tournaments, 3/3 games written

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations –Party Animal 1/4; Career – Entertainer 10; Acheivements: Event Horizon; Skills –Comedy 7; other 6/12 gold parties

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) – Financial Whiz: Degree GPA B+; Aspirations – Fabulously Wealthy 2/4, Mansion Baron 4/4; Career – Business not started; Achievements – Rosebud 53k/1m; Skills – Logic 8, Writing 5; Satisfaction Rewards 1/2 Money Trees; Other – 272/100,000 worth of artwork

Notes

Announcing Pablo’s Big Dream as Financial Whiz. I was hoping that his career in communications  would give him a step up but an ordinary degree without honours does not seem to help. He is working on creating his own art work collection to get reward points for the Painter aspiration in order to buy Connections before getting his job.

Pablo graduated and Paidia topped her career, all with me forgetting to take photos.

Hali’a needs to endure a snow-related injury to complete the current step of her aspiration which she’s avoided so far despite doing High Intensity snowboarding on the hardest slope. As we move into Winter, I’m assuming the conditions on Mt Komorebi will facilitate that!

Harmonia held a Kava Party and then a Costume Party the next in-game day immediately after I’d repaired my game, deleted the cache and restarted my laptop. I also didn’t go into CAS at any point. They both registered as Thrown Parties. I don’t think Dance Parties count anyway – with no set tasks it seemed unlikely.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.13: Gen V
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2022, 11:40:09 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.13: Gen V

Paidia: Another party?
Harmonia: Black and White – isn’t this fun. Have you heard the one about the penguins?
Paidia: It’s just me and Pablo have got plans for when he gets home from work…
Harmonia: As long as you don’t go off travelling, that’s fine.
Paidia: OK

13.1.jpg

Pablo: I thought we might have to rearrange when I got home and saw all the people.
Paidia: No, darling, you’ve waited long enough.
Pablo: Are you sure, my little mermaid? It’s you that has to carry the baby
Paidia: We want a baby – for sure – and now’s the right time.

13.2.jpg

Harmonia: Thank you for coming Dalton. I’m sorry there are no newspapers.
Dalton: What? It’s a party. Why would I want to read a newspaper?
Harmonia: I heard there was an interesting article about zebras
Dalton: Oh – I see – I think. I thought you’d invited me over for a tete-a-tete.
Harmonia: Well, they’ve all gone now. While we’re on our own…

13.3.jpg

Dalton: A sleepover – that sounds great!
Harmonia: Yes!
Dalton: Are you sure?
Harmonia: I’m really pleased.
Dalton: Well, tell your face – you don’t look very happy.
Harmonia: Oh – this is just my posing face – I learnt it off mum.

13.4.jpg

Paidia: What do you think? Boy or girl?
Hali’a: I can’t tell, love. As long as it’s a healthy baby!
Paidia: I think it’ll come tomorrow morning.
Hali’a: Shouldn’t you be resting?
Paidia: Well, Harmonia wanted to throw me a baby-shower (houseparty) so it was now or never!

13.5.jpg

Paidia: Well, little Techne! You came right on time. Let’s get you home!

13.6.jpg

Hali’a: Thank you for coming with me, Sei. I get really lonely on these long hikes.
Sei: I’m enjoying the rain. What are you looking for?
Hali’a: You wouldn’t believe the creepy crawlies that come out of nowhere around here. Don’t worry – I’ve got all the stuff!
Sei: Should I have all the stuff too?
Hali’a: Ummmm

13.7.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 45 (Year 3, Winter 1)

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 3/4; Skills – snowboarding 9

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: Aspirations –Leader of the Pack 4/4; 1/5 professional tournaments

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations –Party Animal 2/4; Achievements – Knock Knock, 10/20 for Super Best Friends;

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) – Financial Whiz: Aspirations – Fabulously Wealthy 3/4; Career – Business 8; Achievements – Rosebud 126k/1m; Skills – Logic 9, Writing 5; Satisfaction Rewards 1/2 Money Trees; Other – 490/100,000 worth of artwork

Techne (gen 5 nooboo) - ?

Screenshot 2022-02-16 160314.jpg

Notes

Paidia seems strangely unable to win at the professional tournaments, third being her best score. Confident/Focussed – neither seem to make a difference. Her one win is the Ultimate Gaming Tournament from GeekCon.

Pablo is making his own artwork as he is creative. However, the task doesn’t require self-made items.

Techne the Greek goddess was the personified spirit of art, craft and technical skill which gives a clue to her Big Dream. The “ch” is a “k” sound.

It seems strange that a lot of the extreme sports aspiration involves hoping for bad things to happen: injuries, wildlife attacks, bad weather. I’m concentrating on Hali’a for now as she’s so close to finishing. Then she and Sei can find a watery paradise for themselves.

Harmonia found herself a very nice young man thinking that she might be ready to move out sometime soon…ha ha ha! I had to count her location visits and separate parties for Knock Knock and the Event Horizon (last episode) as they’d already been completed by the family. She’s working on Super Best Friends and will attempt On a Whim when she’s done with Party Animal! House parties and Birthday parties seem to be counting (sometimes, lol)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.13: Gen V
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2022, 03:50:55 PM »
Your Olympians are making fantastic progress as usual!
Just curious--the no-goal Dance Party didn't count for a Social Event?

Will Techne become a Creative Artisan?
Looking forward to meeting Techne as a toddler. :D

Are you having better luck with your parties counting after updating to the pre-pack patch?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.14-15: Snow Party
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2022, 06:30:56 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.14-15: Snow Party

Sei: Who’s he?
Paidia: He’s the one with the hair.
Sei: What’s he doing now?
Pablo: If you watch the Premier properly, you’ll have more chance of knowing what’s going on!

15.1.jpg

Paidia: Isn’t she gorgeous, Granny Candy?
Candy: She is very cute.
Harmonia: Thanks for entertaining us at Techne’s aging-up party.
Candy: My pleasure. This is such a party house!
Dalton: Hey babe! You’re looking good!
Harmonia: Let’s go downstairs after the party!

15.2.jpg

Paidia: Thanks for Techne’s Aging Up party. She’s very grateful.
Harmonia: You know I throw the best ones!
Hali’a: I love her headband!

15.3.jpg

Pablo: Who’s Daddy’s little mermaid?
Techne: Whee!
Hali’a: You could’ve had the day off for her party!
Pablo: I got my last promotion today. I can be here all day, every day now! I think it was the right decision. Let’s read you to sleep, Techne.

15.4.jpg

Harmonia: Mum? Dad! What are you doing here?
Aphie: We thought we’d join you at the Light Festival but your father seems a bit distracted.
Clement: Is it me or is it hot around here?
Harmonia: Oh no! Not another neighbourhood with Free Love!

15.5.jpg

Harmonia: Dad, what were you thinking of last night?
Clement: It's all a blur...I don't know what got into me. Fortunately your Mum forgave me.
Harmonia: you remember Dalton?
Clement: Oh yes. We met at one of your parties.
Dalton: Nice to meet you again, sir.
Clement: What a nice young man.
Harmonia: I’m glad you like him, Dad. We’re dating now.

15.6.jpg

Dalton: Another day, another party. Although a Weiner Roast is different.
Harmonia: Thanks for coming. How were the conditions on Mt Komorebi today, Hali’a?
Hali’a: It was fair again. I maxed my Snowboarding but I really want to try my skills in bad weather!
Harmonia: You and me seem a little stuck here.
Hali’a: Yes. Pablo’s friendly but he mainly ignores us. I think he’d like us out…
Harmonia: He’s been making comments about all my parties too…

15.7.jpg

Harmonia: Thank you for inviting me on a date.
Dalton: I thought it was a good idea to get you away to have a bit of alone time.
Harmonia: Did you know it was Bear Night here?
Dalton: They won’t come till later.
Harmonia: Since you asked me on a date, can I ask you…will you marry me?
Dalton: Absolutely. What a great date! Right, I’m off before the bears get here.
Harmonia: Wait for me!

15.8.jpg

Harmonia: We’ve had a great Christmas, even without Dad here.
Paidia: He always made it special though. Made sure we all had a good time.
Sei: So, Father Winter, is this regulation work uniform?
Father Winter: Well you do live on an island. For some reason I had to swim here.
Paidia: Ah – we forgot the chimney! Sorry!
Harmonia: I wondered why he was so late!

15.10.jpg

Techne: All Busy! Me Play!

15.11.jpg

Harmonia: You’re right, dates are a great idea! Just you and me! Especially now Paidia’s all hormonal again with another baby.
Dalton: I heard it was another girl.
Harmonia: Yes – Demeter. She’s cute but it’s nice to mix with people outside the family.
Dalton: And Agnes Crumplebottom!
Harmonia (angry): Argh! What has she got in that bag?
Dalton: And why is no-one stopping her? There must be some law officers round here somewhere!
Harmonia: Just look here! You can’t go hitting everyone
Dalton: Don’t engage with her!
Harmonia: I’m just really furious.
Dalton: Well, that’s the date over! Don’t call me, Ever!
Harmonia: I’m so sorry! I was so cross, I’ve spoiled everything. Please stay! There’s a place where I can show you how sorry I am!

15.12.jpg

Harmonia: Come On, Ladies! Make it count! Drinks for everyone!

15.13.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 47 (Year 3, Winter 3)

Poseidon
(Sei - gen 3) – Sea Siren: Completed week 36 – still in house

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 3/4; Skills – snowboarding 10

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: 2/5 professional tournaments

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations –Party Animal 3/4; Achievements – On A Whim, 20/20 for Super Best Friends

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) – Financial Whiz: Aspirations – Fabulously Wealthy 4/4; Career – Business 10; Achievements – Rosebud 600k/1m; Skills – Logic 9, Writing 7; Satisfaction Rewards 2/2 Money Trees; Other – 490/100,000 worth of artwork

Techne (gen 5 toddler) - ?: maxed potty

Demeter (gen 5 nooboo) - ?

Screenshot 2022-02-18 095321.jpg

Notes

2 weeks in one episode. The days have mainly passed with Hali’a checking the weather on Mt Komorebi (I believe there’s thundersnow predicted for next Wednesday!) and Harmonia organising multiple parties. Agnes really ruined Harmonia's date with Dalton and I think he was ready to break up. Fortunately Harmonia is good at apologising.

Following the advice of @oshizu  – I have recreated my game – https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.0
It’s still a bit flakey but events seem to be registering more often. I’m hoping Harmonia’s planned wedding will be her final milestone.

Techne is not doing Creative Artisan but will be combining art and technology.

Demeter was the ancient Greek goddess of agriculture, grain and bread who sustained mankind with the earth's rich bounty. She is not doing Rancherino as I have already tried that on a previous attempt.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.14-15: Snow Party
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2022, 08:19:19 PM »
Congrats to Pablo on maxing his career. He's really whizzed through his career!
Your fourht-generation is almost done with their Big Dreams!
Dalton seems a little prickly or is that simply how you're choosing to write him? :D
Sorry that Hali'a is stuck waiting for inclement weather in Yukimatus. Could you edit the Onsne to add Dr. June's Weather Control Machine (thunderstorm)?

It sounds like NPCs voted in a NAP or two in some neighborhoods before you disabled NPC voting.

Haven't a clue for Techne.
I would say Garden Guru for Demeter, but since you say you've already attempted Rancherino, I assume Garden Guru is out, too.
I'm obviously really bad at guessing, haha.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.16: Four Funerals & A Wedding
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »
Olympus Dreams 3.16: Four Funerals & A Wedding

Techne: Play Louder!
Sei: You like music?
Techne: Like Watching!

16.1.jpg

Clement: Ah – this brings back memories! My favourite wedding venue.
Harmonia: With this ring, and at this extra event, I thee wed!
Dalton: My only Harmonia!

16.2.jpg

Dalton: Don’t look now but your Mum’s watching us!
Harmonia: Just go and say “hello”
Dalton: I keep trying but – I mean – she’s “APHRODITE”! It’s all I can do not to faint from excitement!
Harmonia: She’s just “mum” to me. By the way, we need to visit them. They had another baby – my sibling!
Dalton: I’m looking forward to just you and me in our own place.
Harmonia: I was thinking Windenburg would be nice… Uncle Sei says he’s going to let us have enough to buy somewhere nice.

16.3.jpg

Artemis: I didn’t think I’d feel like doing this, not after we lost both Mum & Dad at the beginning of the week!
Joelle: I know. The house really feels quiet without them. We’ve got little Alma to look after though…
Candy: I’m not sure I should be doing this anyway. Have you seen Hermes back there? We’re just so tired all the time!

16.4.jpg

Techne: Ducky Ducky Splashy Splashy!
Paidia: Wait right there! Mummy’s coming!
Techne: Want tail like Mummy!
Paidia: It’ll come darling, when you’re a much bigger girl. We just need to keep you well-watered and in the shallows until then.

16.5.jpg

Sei: Thanks for inviting me up to the bathhouse. That soak was divine!
Hali’a: It’s so romantic by the fire. It’s a shame we can’t move up here.
Sei: The river freezes over all winter. I’d have to rehydrate in the baths. We can always holiday up here in the summer…
Hali’a: And you’ve got the finances sorted?
Sei: Yes – we can buy wherever we like!
Hali’a: I can’t believe Harmonia and Dalton ended up in that low-quality one-bed place. I knew Pablo didn’t want them to have their money.
Sei: I told him – everyone moving out gets 100k but…
Watcher: It wasn’t Pablo – it was me. Once I realized my mistake, it was too late and I can’t use the fudge to sort it out.
Sei: Watcher!
Watcher: I’ll be more careful with you, promise!
Hali’a: Has the weather turned as they forecasted?
Sei: Yes – thunder snow storm. Wait! You’re not going up in this, are you?
Hali’a: I have to prove I can do it! It’s the culmination of my dream!

16.6.jpg

Pablo: What – no party?
Paidia: You said you’d had enough of the parties!
Pablo: But this is for Demeter’s aging up and there’s none of the family to see it! Ah well.
Paidia: Hello sweetie! Your hair matches your sisters!
Pablo: But she’s got your green eyes!

16.7.jpg

Demeter: Whee!
Paidia: This is so much easier when they’re so young!
Pablo: Yes! I got a black eye the other day with Techne. Just look at her! Growing so fast!

16.8.jpg

Paidia: Wow! Erm – Harmonia – have you got some Big News to Share?
Harmonia: Well, I phoned earlier in the week and your Dad said to go for it!
Sei: You know Clement wanted a big happy family!
Paidia: So did Pablo but I think he’s decided just 2 is better for our financial future.
Harmonia: Yes – I notice you’ve got the family working for your parties.
Paidia: Just like you did, Harmonia! It’s good to see you.
Harmonia: I’m glad to be here with all the folks!

16.9.jpg

Techne: Happy Birthday to me!
Watcher: Wow – cool hair.
Techne: It’s a bit of a handful. Maybe tie it up for everyday?
Watcher: Sure – we’ll sort something out. Enjoy your party for now.
Techne: Oh OK.

16.10.jpg

Techne: Someone’s given me this awesome camera. Granny Hali’a – what a great pose!

16.11.jpg

Paidia: I can’t believe it’s New Year’s Eve. So nice to soak in the bath after a busy day. It was nice for Techne to meet all those other kids at the playground. Demeter seemed to enjoy the Campers Stew I made and now she’s tucked up in bed. Oh – is that the time?

16.12.jpg

Pablo: I thought you were going to miss it!
Paidia: Miss the countdown? No way! I love this bit!
Techne: Was I like that naughty toddler?
Pablo: Not that we saw!
Paidia: Happy New Year!
Techne: It’s going to be great!

16.13.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 48 (Year 3, Winter 4)

Poseidon
(Sei - gen 3) – Sea Siren: Completed week 36 – moved out

Hali’a
(ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Completed week 48 – moved out

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: 2/5 professional tournaments

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Completed week 48 – moved out

Pablo Vann (gen 4 spouse) – Financial Whiz: Achievements – Rosebud 900k/1m; Skills – Logic 10, Writing 7; Other – 490/100,000 worth of artwork

Techne (gen 5 child) - ?: top-notch toddler (as are all my toddlers!)

Demeter (gen 5 toddler) - ?

Screenshot 2022-02-19 140515.jpg

Notes

Farewell finally to Harmonia, Poseidon & Hali’a. It’s been a long drawn-out journey with them! Poor Harmonia ended up with only Dalton’s default 20k to buy a house because their Watcher missed a step! I was more careful with Sei & Hali’a.

In case you missed it in the narrative, Zeus and Hera are no more! It’s worse than that! Candy and Hermes, grandparents to Paidia & Harmonia, passed away just after the wedding! It was all very sad in the house.

Although toddler mer-people don’t have to keep “hydrated”, their hygiene bar goes down much faster than other toddlers so a daily bath is needed.

Both Techne and Demeter had the same toddler hairstyle and colour. I’ve changed Demeter’s to help differentiate. There’s a really big clue to Techne’s Big Dream and a tiny reference to Demeter’s.

Paidia is struggling to win any professional gaming tournaments. I’m getting all her need-bars up and getting her focussed. Any other tips would be welcome although there’s no rush while she’s parenting the girls.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.16: Four Funerals & A Wedding
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2022, 08:19:40 PM »
While the girls are enjoying a group dance at the wedding party, Artemis is chatting with Joelle and Candy.  Who is Joelle?
Hali'a took much longer to finish her BD than Sei--was it the Extreme Sports enthusiast that slowed her down?
Where did they end up moving?  If Sei can rehydrate in the bathhouse, why can't they just add a hot springs to that vacant lot in Yukimatsu?
Personally, i wouldn't want to play an active household in Yukimatsu but a vet clinic was fine and so would be visiting non-active family members. :D

I have a feeling my Legendary Gamer will take forever to win his five tournaments. *sighs

Will Techne become an Ace Photographer? Not sure about this, since it would involve yet another World-Famous Celebrity.
Still no idea about Demeter and I couldn't find your "tiny reference" to her BD, haha.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.16: Four Funerals & A Wedding
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2022, 06:36:03 AM »
While the girls are enjoying a group dance at the wedding party, Artemis is chatting with Joelle and Candy.  Who is Joelle?
Joelle is the 2nd out-of-house child of Hera & Zeus. Her older brother is Carlo and younger sister is Alma. She came to most of the family parties, recognisable by the headscarf. Carlo & Alma haven't featured much so far.

Hali'a took much longer to finish her BD than Sei--was it the Extreme Sports enthusiast that slowed her down?
Where did they end up moving?  If Sei can rehydrate in the bathhouse, why can't they just add a hot springs to that vacant lot in Yukimatsu?
Personally, i wouldn't want to play an active household in Yukimatsu but a vet clinic was fine and so would be visiting non-active family members. :D
Yup - waiting for extreme weather conditions was a pain. I've not used the weather machine and I didn't think for Sei to try calling a storm so I don't know if either of those 2 things would've worked. I couldn't work out how to see the weather conditions without travelling there although, once there, you can get the week's forecast on the calendar.

I have a feeling my Legendary Gamer will take forever to win his five tournaments. *sighs

Will Techne become an Ace Photographer? Not sure about this, since it would involve yet another World-Famous Celebrity.
Still no idea about Demeter and I couldn't find your "tiny reference" to her BD, haha.
For the tournaments, do you know if any of the following affect it?
  • still being in the gamer career (Paidia quit once she maxed it)
  • sticking with a particular game
  • practising other than playing the tournament
  • entering an independent tournament while at geekcon (ie on one of the computers there, not the UGT)

Yes - Ace Photographer for Techne. I am determined to crack the selfie issue for World-Famous Celebrity (hysterical/delusional laughter)!
Demeter's only a toddler, going for Top-Notch of course, so there's plenty of time.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 4.1: Relative Values
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »
Olympus Dreams 4.1: Relative Values

Techne: I can’t believe it’s been a week since my birthday. It goes so quickly! On Sunday we went visiting the relatives! Aunt Harmonia’s house is so pokey! Mum and Dad met her babies – yes, twins – Edgar and Ellen – just as they aged into toddlers. It was surprising that Aunt H hadn’t thrown a party for them although Uncle Dalton was trying to play Sardines with her in the closet.

1.1.jpg

Techne: I’d gone to scouts when Mum visited Aggi and Dae. Demeter met their youngest while Mum had to take some medicine as she’d got some red swirly disease. That’s what comes of going around in your swimwear.

1.2.jpg

Techne: This is Mum competing in one of her tournaments. She doesn’t like to be distracted as they’re really tough. She did win one this week though – Blicblock! It’s made her much more hopeful about getting 2 more.

1.3.jpg

Techne: Now this bit is weird because Great Aunt Aphie tutored me on the piano and apparently we’re good friends only I can’t keep sane enough to introduce myself so we’re friends but we’re not – which doesn’t make any sense at all! I am friends with Great Uncle Clement though. He used to be Father Winter but he’s given that up.

1.4.jpg

Techne: Mum is friends with Great Aunt Aphie, obviously. We didn’t know she was expecting again. When we visited on Sunday, they’d got twins – Gordon and – bother it – I can’t remember her name. It’s a girl anyway. And they live with Don, helping to look after Great Great Aunt Hebe’s son Carlo. So that’s going to be a fullish house!

1.5.jpg

Techne: Now – you’ll recognize Aggi – she’s my friend, properly. This is a photo for my special collection because, of course, she’s an alien. That freaks some people out but not me. I love her skin and her pointy ears.

1.6.jpg

Techne: This is me with Alma. Alma is the daughter of my Great Great Grandparents Zeus and Hera who died when I was little. I did meet Hera but I don’t remember Zeus at all. Alma’s not alone though. Her big sister Joelle and brother Camillo look after her. Together they’re all my great great aunts and uncle which is odd but they’re cool.

1.8.jpg

Techne: And this is Sharon, Aggi’s oldest. She’s nice too. So far all my friends are actually relations but that’s fine by me.

1.9.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 49 (Year 4, Spring 1)

Paidia
(gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: 3/5 professional tournaments

Pablo
Vann (gen 4 spouse) – Financial Whiz: Achievements – Rosebud acheived; Skills – Writing 10; Other – 490/100,000 worth of unique artwork

Techne (gen 5 child) – Ace Photographer: Aspirations – Artistic Genius 3/3, Social Butterfly 2/3; A in school; Skills – Charisma 2, Photography 2; Other #1 Set up Studio, #2 1/12 photos (Agdistis – non-human)

Demeter (gen 5 toddler) - ?: nearly top-notch toddler

Screenshot 2022-02-20 152607.jpg

Notes

This has mainly been a week of toddler skilling for Demeter and of Techne getting to know people. I’d like to draw in more of the extended family as we go along but the time just seems to get eaten up with skilling!

Techne can take quite a few of the 12 required photos while she’s a child so I’m not rushing to age her up to a teen when she’ll have another 5*3 age-related photos to snap.

anything