Author Topic: Olympus Dreams (Complete)  (Read 27683 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.4: Snow in Springtime
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2022, 10:26:10 PM »
Agdistis is doing two somewhat difficult collections. With only four items, one would think Space Rocks would be an easy collection, but the fourth one always eludes me.
So a win isn't always indicated by a moodlet? And no notification message, either? That's a pain!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2022, 02:10:17 AM »
Agdistis is doing to somewhat difficult collections. With only four items, one would think Space Rocks would be an easy collection, but the fourth one always eludes me.
So a win isn't always indicated by a moodlet? And no notification message, either? That's a pain!
Agdistis is Exploring Space in the rocket whenever she has some free time until she gets her 4th rock. I think it's the only way to get them but sometimes you get an alien as well. After that, she'll spend her remaining 7 trips to SIXAM to find any remaining aliens for that collection. They seemed the most suitable collections but, you're right, you'd think she'd have completed a collection of 4 by now!

The problem with the chess & llama games is that you get the moodlet for the first win or lose but, while that's there, you won't get any further one's. Don't wake the llama carries on continuously but you have to watch it closely to count the wins. Not always easy in a busy household!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2022, 04:43:55 AM »
For Harmonia, I'm guessing people person. First of all I was thinking Music Aficionado (because of how harmonica is an instrument), but I see see that one's been done. Besides Harmonia was the goddess of concord and harmony between people, so that would be a nice nod to people person.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2022, 09:14:23 AM »
For Harmonia, I'm guessing people person. First of all I was thinking Music Aficionado (because of how harmonica is an instrument), but I see see that one's been done. Besides Harmonia was the goddess of concord and harmony between people, so that would be a nice nod to people person.
Yay - Harmonia will indeed be trying to spread harmony among many friends and relations!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.5: Daedalus Flies The Nest
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2022, 09:53:45 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.5: Daedalus Flies The Nest

Paidia: Hey coz! Let’s take a pic together to show people how different we are!
Harmonia: I’d love to have your green eyes. They look great set off against your dark skin.
Paidia: But your eyes are like dark pools. They really stand out of your face.
Harmonia: Best Friends?
Paidia: Forever!

5.1.jpg

Hali’a: I wish I could find the time to get over to Mt Komorebi but at least I can practice on this trainer. None of the other lazy lot come on here though! I don’t know why. It’s such a good work out!

5.2.jpg

Paidia: Hey Spirits!
Spirits: Ah – the special one!
Paidia: Dad says you can help me.
Spirits: What do you need help with?
Paidia: I keep losing at Don’t Wake The Llama
Spirits: Ah – yes – we know of these llamas. We will help!

5.3.jpg

Aphie: Take your pictures, folks! I’ve got all day!
Watcher: Actually I’d like you back home for end of school…
Aphie: OK – wrap it up! Oh yes, a selfie with you would be lovely! Only you? I thought there might be 2 others…

5.4.jpg

Dae: It is time! I am ready to relocate.
Aggi: You have completed your assigned tasks in good time.
Dae: Your tasks are more involved. You will achieve them in time.
Aggi: I find that I am feeling sorrowful that your presence will no longer be here.
Dae: I will visit frequently. Maybe you could give me a key?
Aggi: I will.
Dae: And when the time is right, you will join me.

5.5.jpg

Sei: Hey, buddy! Hali’a says you’re moving out?
Dae: It is time.
Sei: We’ll miss you. Paidia, especially. She really appreciates all the coaching you’ve been giving.
Dae: I will return to help in her gaming endeavours. Meantime, I have a request to make of you.
Sei: Name it!
Dae: Please encourage Agdistis to be free of current trends. The influence of your sister on my sisters wardrobe makes her look very strange.
Sei: Um – fashion’s not really my thing, but I’ll do my best.

5.6.jpg

Aphie: And apparently they all lived happily ever after despite having no money to speak of. If I were you, Harmonia darling, I would find a rich spouse like I did.
Harmonia: But you love Daddy really, don’t you?
Aphie: Of course I do darling. But I wouldn’t have married him if he hadn’t been rich!
Harmonia: Oh, Mummy. I’m not sure that’s what I want…

5.7.jpg

Sai: Come on girls. You’re so inspired, you can knock a couple of drawings out quickly. Besides, if you send them off to charity, everyone will think you’re wonderful!
Harmonia: We’ll try to make them good then.
Paidia: As quickly as possible!

5.8.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 37 (Year 3, Summer 1)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Aspirations – World-Famous Celebrity 2/4; Skills – Writing 9; Other 1/4 weeks of 4 hours shopping

Poseidon (Sei - gen 3) – Sea Siren: Completed week 36 – still in house

Daedalus (Dae - gen 4) – Tech Head: Completed week 37 – moved out

Agdistis (Aggi - gen 4) – Alien Antics: Career – Scientist 7; Skills –Handiness 9; Trips to Sixam 3/10; Collections – 8/10 aliens, 3/4 space rocks; still to marry co-worker

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Aspirations – Party Animal 2/4; Career – Painter 8/10; Other: All Gold for 5-tradition holidays 2/5; Gold-medal parties 3/5; 5 holiday decorations 1/5; Sneak presents 0/3; Move-In Collection 11/12 eggs

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 1/4; Career – Athlete 7/10; Skills –Wellness 7, 1 other; Move In collection ?

Paidia (gen 4 child) – Legendary Gamer: 4/10 games won as child

Harmonia (gen 4 child) – People Person: Maxed Communication; Social Butterfly 1/4

Screenshot 2022-02-07 141736.jpg

Notes

Paidia communing with the Island Spirits improved her success at the Llama game which was very handy! She only needs to win 10 games before aging up but, with a career as an eSport Gamer planned, she’ll complete Whiz Kid and maybe some other aspirations.

Harmonia, declared now as a People Person, only needs Social Butterfly but, with a career planned as an Entertainer, she’ll do Artistic Prodigy too.

We say goodbye to Daedalus. He was quite cool and a very good worker at his tasks. It was only Charisma that seemed to take longer than expected. He has moved out to live in the Roomies house who, I’m sorry to relate, have all moved on to a better place…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.5: Daedalus Flies The Nest
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2022, 11:09:35 AM »
I am in the grip of favoritism for Paidia--his dark skin, blondish hair, and green eyes are such a stunning combination.
Of course, Harmonia is also lovely and will, with luck, take after her gorgeous mother.
I would love to see a "lookbook" of Aphie's 5+5 fashions.  Her watcher's idea of adding hats to make them easier to spot was simply brilliant!

Farewell, Dae! Oh, your simverse's premade YA townies are vanishing!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.6-7: Between A Rock And A Hard Place
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2022, 06:18:45 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.6-7: Between A Rock And A Hard Place

Paidia: So Mum – are you going to let me win some?
Hali’a: I would darling but, see – I can do this with my eyes closed!
Paidia: Ha – so can I!

7.1.jpg

Paidia: We get some weird people showing up. Actually, scratch that. They only look weird because they’re wearing Auntie Aphie’s designs. A big hat is her hallmark so you can spot them easily. This guy would look normal if it wasn’t for the bright blue pith helmet. And, actually, this lavender ensemble does look quite nice on some people.

7.2.jpg

Dae: It is good to see you again Aphie. I note that you have changed your hairstyle.
Aphie: Well – just for this outfit. I like to mix things up. Especially now my fans are wearing the outfit I wear for Clement. Mum?
Candy: Just paying homage to your fame, sweetie! My sister Yuki is wearing one of your designs too.
Aphie: Ah yes, my first – I’m quite proud of that. You know I resigned from my career so I could concentrate on my Presence!
Dae: Your “Presence”? I do not comprehend. Your influence I see all around me, including my father.
Apollo: Ah – well – it’s cold up in Mt Komorebi with Miki so the snowsuit makes sense. Some say Aphie’s addition of a turban is an inspired twist!
Dae: I am not so sure.

7.3.jpg

Sei: Happy Birthday, sweetie! The chicken skewers are nearly ready.
Paidia: This is fun! Celebrating at the park.
Clement: I thought so too. Let’s see if this counts as a Silver Party! It’s definitely in a different place!

7.4.jpg

Paidia: So, cousin Aggi? What do you think of my new look?
Aggi: Your attire is very appropriate for a party. Your choice of trainers would indicate that you are a Geek Girl.
Paidia: Spot on, Aggi.
Aggi: I am concerned about your skin though.
Paidia: Um – yes. It’s very itchy! Maybe celebrating somewhere without a pool or shower was a bad idea. I’ll just go and get a drink. Maybe that will help.

7.5.jpg

Aggi: So Daedalus, I found an enormous space rock. I now have many rocks of 4 different sizes. They are all pink and black.
Dae: Will you carry on searching space for your alien collection?
Aggi: I have a strong sense that the final one is living on our planet SIXAM. I will visit there to search multiple times. At least 7 more times, I think.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 144001.jpg

Paidia: I’m really struggling here!
Watcher: I’m so sorry. I didn’t think.
Paidia: Can’t we just go home early. I think this counts as a gold party already!
Watcher: I can’t risk it. Drink some more water! Don’t scratch!
Paidia: Auntie Aphie’s having fun!
Watcher: No-one wants a selfie though…

7.6.jpg

Paidia: And I’m in the water!
Sei: Right behind you, girl!

7.7.jpg

Sei: Um – Paidia?
Paidia: Yes, Dad?
Sei: There’s something missing…as soon as you’re fully hydrated, I think you’d better go and plan your outfits, specifically your tail!
Paidia: An invisible tail – who even knew such a thing could happen!

7.8.jpg

Paidia: That’s more like it! I could play like this all day.
Sei: By the way – we need to talk…about your nature.
Paidia: I’m a mermaid – that’s OK. I always knew.
Sei: There’s more…you know my full name is Poseidon…

7.9.jpg

Harmonia: So, Mr Entertainer, nice to meet you. Grandad – I’ve already met you, and Granny Candy!
Hermes: Nice outfit but I can’t see your necklace.
Harmonia: What necklace?
Hermes: The one your mum should’ve given you and told you about?
Harmonia: Not ringing any bells, Grandad.
Hermes: OK, we’re going to lose the plot if we’re not careful. Your mother, Aphrodite, is the Goddess of Love and Beauty. I’m Hermes, the messenger God. And your great Grandparents are Zeus & Hera – supreme Gods.
Harmonia: So you’re all gods? So that’s what Paidia was going on about!
Hermes: And you, lovely Harmonia, are one of the Graces, the one embodying peace and harmony. The necklace is part of your legacy.
Harmonia: Oh – this is all a bit huge!
Hermes: Just wear the necklace and it will become part of you.

7.10.jpg

Aggi: Going to SIXAM once each day will surely bring me success

7.11.jpg

Aggi: Aha – the last item for my alien collection found on my 5th visit to SIXAM. I think I will return a few more times.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 171147.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 39 (Year 3, Summer 3)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Aspirations – World-Famous Celebrity 2/4; Skills – Writing maxed; Other 2/4 weeks of 4 hours shopping

Agdistis (Aggi - gen 4) – Alien Antics: Career – Scientist maxed; Skills –Handiness maxed; Trips to Sixam 9/10; Collections – 10/10 aliens, 4/4 space rocks; still to marry co-worker

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Aspirations – Party Animal 2/4; Career – Painter maxed; Other: All Gold for 5-tradition holidays 2/5; Gold-medal parties 5/5; 5 holiday decorations 1/5; Sneak presents 0/3; Move-In Collection 11/12 eggs

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 1/4; Career – Athlete 9/10; Skills –Wellness maxed, 1 other; Move In collection ?

Paidia (gen 4 teen) – Legendary Gamer: 10/10 games won as child; 1/10 games won as teen; Aspirations – Computer Whiz 0/4, Leader of the Pack 1/4; Skills – Videogaming 4, Charisma 3, Programming 4

Harmonia
(gen 4 teen) – People Person: Child requirements - Social Butterfly maxed, A(B) in school; Teen requirements – Scouts sociability won, Babysitter 2/3, A(B) in school; Aspirations – Friend of the World 1/4, Party Animal 0/4; Skills – Charisma 7, Comedy 0, Piano 4; Traits bought Observant, Incredibly Friendly

Screenshot 2022-02-09 101141.jpg

Notes

Silver parties not completing for Party Animal is a known glitch that comes and goes. I have tried Kava Parties, House Parties, Dinner Parties, Birthday Parties in-house and away. I have tried a different Aspiration temporarily to see if that helps. I’m not sure Clement will ever complete his Big Dream. The big worry is that Harmonia also needs Party Animal… I’m hoping it will be like the Artist Extraordinaire and just suddenly decide to complete one day…

Paidia having an invisible tail was a hoot! The rest of her wardrobe was fairly cool and seemed to fit a Geek Goddess (geddit?) so I haven’t changed it much. Her hairstyle isn’t one I’d normally choose but it seems to suit her.

Harmonia’s necklace has 2 myths – it’s either the repository for all the peace or it brings misfortune to any who wear it. I’m sticking with the former as I’m quite fond of her. Aphie has finally given her the necklace and she will wear it continuously.

Aggi has been going solo to work for sometime now. Her co-workers weren’t ideal marriage material and I’m hoping they might’ve aged and been replaced… It is part of her Big Dream to marry a co-worker, presumably to be accepted into human society and produce off-spring…so ideally, she needs a man…or an alien…

I have included some shots of people wearing Aphie's designs. However she quit her career and can no longer go into that interaction so no easy compilation shot. Also, she accidentally reset some of the male ones so I think there's only 2 or 3 of those out there. It does actually make me laugh when I see people wearing them - they are quite ridiculous!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.6-7: Between A Rock And A Hard Place
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2022, 03:03:04 PM »
Thank you, I did enjoy seeing your shots of sims wearing Aphie's outfits.  Much appreciated.

Did you see techiechick's post in the BDD Hints & Tips thread?
She'd mentioned that her silver parties only counted for Party Animal if she didn't end the party early. This was true for me as well.  I hope that's the case for you, too.

As for Aggi's spouse prospects, what about advising the undesirable scientists to "Pursue your dream job"? Have Aggi invite the undersirables to her home with a club (Admission requirement: Career/Scientists).
I'm not even sure that ploy about suggesting a career change would work (the club trick definitely), just a thought.

How did I not realize until today that Paidia is a mermaid?  A very beautiful mermaid at that!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.6-7: Between A Rock And A Hard Place
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2022, 04:56:29 PM »
I'm not finishing parties early :(
I moved them off lot, keeping furniture and moved them back to do a rebuild. Then 1 house party registered but then a follow-up party didn't. I'll try some other stuff and just hope the glitches work my way long enough...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.8: Do Aliens Dream of Pink Whales?
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2022, 05:48:27 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.8: Do Aliens Dream of Pink Whales?

Aphie: So – who’s winning this?
Paidia: I don’t know! People come and go and do other interactions. Plus it never seems to end!

8.2.jpg

Harmonia: This is more fun!
Paidia: Keep playing!
Harmonia: I won the last one.
Paidia: But I’m winning this one! Yes!

8.3.jpg

Aggi: I have been using blandishments on you all day.
Aarush: You’re one fine looking alien.
Aggi: You are old and occasionally gloomy. Sometimes you are foolish.
Aarush: I like to think of it as being a goofball.
Aggi: However, you like the outdoors which is a healthy trait.
Aarush: Gotta love them trees!
Aggi: Would you be my boyfriend?
Aarush: Well – it’s a bit May to December but yes, I would like that very much!

8.4.jpg

Aggi: This decontamination shower would provide a good opportunity to check our compatibility.
Aarush: Compatibility? Oh, I see. Yes, lets!

8.5.jpg

Aggi: Ah – confetti – a confirmation of my own in-dwelling being.

8.6.jpg

Aggi: You have provided me with an in-dwelling being. It is imperative that we get married.
Aarush: You’re from a wealthy family right?
Aggi: Yes. That is not relevant to this decision.
Aarush: Oh – you know – I’d quite like a big house…maybe be a Mansion Baron one day…
Aggi: You do not have many days left.
Aarush: Harsh, but true.

8.7.jpg

Apollo: So why is she marrying our elderly co-worker?
Dae: Agdistis chose someone with a good mind to help create an in-dwelling being. Someone from the science lab appeared a wise choice.
Apollo: You kids. I never really understood you. It was nice of her to invite us over for a fish dinner before the wedding. She actually looks quite happy.
Dae: They will be moving into my house. It is not as big as Aarush desires but there will be plenty of room should he survive long enough to produce many off-spring.

8.8.jpg

Clement: I really enjoyed our house party yesterday. Finally got a tick in the box, so to speak! I’m glad this box didn’t get lost in the remodel. There must be 5 summery decorations in here to put out for tomorrow.

8.13.jpg

Paidia: Well – that Premier was fun.
Harmonia: It was nice that we all sat down to enjoy it. Although I miss Aggi.
Clement: So about tomorrow!
Aphie: Yes, darling. Our Olympic Summer!
Clement: Lots of exercise, watching sports, decorations, Flower Bunny
Sei: Flower Bunny? Why on earth is he coming to a sports day?
Clement: I’m really hoping to get my last egg!

8.14.jpg

Clement: Aw Mate! You came!
Flower Bunny: It’s not been that long. I usually only come out in Spring.
Clement: I didn’t want to wait. I’m really hoping to find my last egg.
Flower Bunny (Checks sheet): Eggs? I’ve not got anything here about eggs.
Clement: What?
Flower Bunny: You don’t just have to book me. You have to tick the Find Eggs box too!
Clement: Argh! Watcher?
Watcher: Oops!

8.15.jpg

Harmonia: Yay, Paidia! You got all your 10 wins.
Paidia: Yes. All those Paparazzi people that keep showing up for your mum were suckers to my master moves!

8.16.jpg

Hermes: Aren’t you a lot younger than Paidia?
Harmonia: Well, Grandad, we feel more like sisters and now we feel like twins!

8.17.jpg

Hermes: Aggi! Someone told me you were pregnant.
Aggi: My in-dwelling child has been delivered.
Hermes: And is it a…you know?
Aggi: She is a female and her name is Sharon.
Paidia: A toast – to baby Sharon, whatever colour she may be!
Clement: That’s right, Paidia, make a toast while you can. It’s showing as a gold party already but lets do as much as possible… Drat it! This party doesn’t count…

8.18.jpg

Paidia: Well, Watcher, this Romance Festival was a bust!
Harmonia: You brought us out straight after our birthday party for this?
Paidia: It was handy to get away from Uncle Clement’s bad mood but still.
Watcher: Well, I thought there might be at least one young adult here.
Harmonia: There was that young woman but she didn’t even like children.
Paidia: If you want me to have a family, I could just adopt online…
Watcher: Maybe we’ll try the university campus tomorrow. There’s usually young people around there.
Harmonia: That sounds like fun, new people!
Watcher: Oh and maybe not both wear identical outfits from your mother’s wardrobe, Harmonia?
Paidia: She likes it when we dress like her. Eugh – Harmonia – did you not shower before we left?

8.20.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 40 (Year 3, Summer 4)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Aspirations – World-Famous Celebrity 2/4; Other 2/4 weeks of 4 hours shopping

Agdistis (Aggi - gen 4) – Alien Antics: Completed – married & moved out

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Aspirations – Party Animal 2/4; Other: All Gold for 5-tradition holidays 3/5; Gold-medal parties 5/5; 5 holiday decorations 2/5; Sneak presents 0/3; Move-In Collection 11/12 eggs

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 1/4; Career – Athlete 9/10; Skills – 1 other; Move In collection ?

Paidia (gen 4 teen) – Legendary Gamer: 10/10 games won as teen; Aspirations – Computer Whiz 0/4, Leader of the Pack 1/4; Career – eSport Gamer 4; Skills – Videogaming 4, Charisma 6, Programming 4

Harmonia (gen 4 child) – People Person: Teen requirements – Scouts sociability won, Babysitter 3/3, A(B) in school; Aspirations – Friend of the World 3/4, Party Animal 0/4; Career – Entertainer 4; Skills – Charisma 7, Comedy 0, Piano 4

Screenshot 2022-02-09 201258.jpg

Notes

I’d already moved Aggi out before noting @oshizu  suggestion of encouraging her co-workers to pursue their dream jobs. Aarush was the only existing candidate that could give Aggi the baby she wanted. Their various scenes of affection were quite touching and baby Sharon is adorable. I sort of wish I’d kept her in…

Screenshot 2022-02-09 201631.jpg

After the house re-build, Clement managed to get 1 house party registered but then the girls birthday party didn’t. I’ll try the house party again and also completing all the tasks even after it’s showing as gold. I might, in desperation, have to move between each party!
As this is so glitchy and Harmonia also needs to register parties, I’m going to have them jointly hosting them. I would’ve tried to keep them separate for the spirit of the challenge but Clement has unofficially held about 10 gold parties so I’m going with the flow!

I can’t believe I didn’t select Hunt For Eggs at the Olympic Summer Games! I’m as glitchy as the game, it seems!

Harmonia and Paidia autonomously wore one of Aphie’s personal outfits. Not one of her designs but an outfit she bought while shopping in Magnolia Promenade.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.8: Do Aliens Dream of Pink Whales?
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2022, 06:04:17 PM »
That's terrible about Clement's gold parties not registering. For some reason, I would have issues with the 3 silver parties goal, but not the gold-medal ones.
Doesn't the People Person BD require 12 gold parties? *shudders

About your parties not registering, I assume you're tried repairing your game>
My game suffers a lot of lag as well as glitches, so I repair my game and delete cache files before each and every session.
In cases like yours, where Clement has hosted 10 gold parties without Party Animal recognizing them, your best bet is to post on the Big Dreams Dynasty thread.
That is what I would do in your shoes, anyway.

Is your title a play on Philip K. Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?, which inspired the film Blade Runner?
I loved not only the novel and but also both of its film adaptations!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2022, 02:39:50 PM »
That's terrible about Clement's gold parties not registering. For some reason, I would have issues with the 3 silver parties goal, but not the gold-medal ones.
Doesn't the People Person BD require 12 gold parties? *shudders

About your parties not registering, I assume you're tried repairing your game>
My game suffers a lot of lag as well as glitches, so I repair my game and delete cache files before each and every session.
In cases like yours, where Clement has hosted 10 gold parties without Party Animal recognizing them, your best bet is to post on the Big Dreams Dynasty thread.
That is what I would do in your shoes, anyway.

Is your title a play on Philip K. Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?, which inspired the film Blade Runner?
I loved not only the novel and but also both of its film adaptations!
I'm getting the gold medal plus the reward so that will count as far as the Big Dream is concerned. Thanks for the tip about repairing my game. I've never had to try that before but it seems to have worked. Clement has on to step 3 of the Party Animal aspiration now and working on the next. Throwing a Fan Meet & Greet for Aphie has not registered just now... We'll see how he's getting on in the next episode.

Well spotted - yes Philip K Dick is an amazing writer. The episode was Aggi's farewell and, having collected a Pink Whale, it seems a fun reference for her.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2022, 03:28:52 PM »
I have a book I should be reading right now for a Buddy Read, but I just want to mention two things.
One, I'm glad that repairing your game worked for Clement's Party Animal.
Two, I'm sure you're already doing this, but I always make sure that I've selected the party host when ending a party.
Well, "always" is an exaggeration because I obviously forget from time to time.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Olympus Dreams 3.9: A Flair For Repairs
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
Olympus Dreams 3.9: A Flair For Repairs

Paidia: So I get to tell you all about this week! Watcher says I need to get used to talking to you because our household has shrunk a lot and so there’s less people around to narrate.
Watcher: Tell them about the parties.
Paidia: Oh yes. Watcher did some jiggery-pokery…
Watcher: Repaired the Game
Paidia: And now Uncle Clement is getting far more satisfaction….
Watcher: Aspiration counts
Paidia: For our parties. Hey! Why do I have to narrate this bit – I’m usually out to work and miss all the fun!
Watcher: You were there for this!
Paidia: Oh yes! Dad thought he’d try one of Auntie Aphie’s designs – look how freaked out he is!

9.1.jpg

Paidia: After one of the parties, Auntie Aphie went out shopping but she was mobbed by Papparazzi.
Watcher: Please note the clever use of mirrors for dramatic effect!
Paidia: She didn’t come back with any new clothes. The store just replaces the ones she likes with identical ones. Quite disappointing really.

9.4.jpg

Paidia: There was some big news. Firstly, Mum reached the top of the Bodybuilder career and quit immediately.
Watcher: No photo – sorry Hali’a!
Paidia: Auntie Aphie had signed on in the Social Media career to boost her image which is just as well. Otherwise there’d be 4 free-loading gen 3 adults while me and Harmonia bring in the cash…
Watcher: It was easier for the parties. Your mum’s learning mixology. Your great-aunt Hebe does a great job but she’s been an elder for a while now…
Paidia: That’ll be sad! Anyway, the second big news is that we celebrated All Saints Day with a big meal, a ceremony, music, candles and – you guessed it – an egg hunt. Not entirely appropriate but Uncle Clement finally got his 12 egg for his collection.
Watcher: Maybe we could have waited until next Easter…
Paidia: Nah! It made him really happy! Right – final big news – maybe…I met someone at a University Mixer. He’s called Pablo and is single and the same age as me. He’s really cheerful and creative plus he says he really loves dogs. I think he looks cute. What do you think?
Watcher: What me? Or the readers?
Paidia: They can weigh in, if they like. He’s the only nice young guy that me and Harmonia have met so far. I forgot to ask him what degree or job he’s doing. Maybe I’ll invite him round tomorrow…

9.3.jpg

Big Dreams Progress: Week 41 (Year 3, Autumn 1)

Aphrodite
(Aphie - gen 3)– Gold Digger: Aspirations – World-Famous Celebrity 2/4; Other - 4/4 weeks of 4 hours shopping

Clement Frost (Father Winter – gen 3 spouse) – Holiday Lover: Aspirations – Party Animal 3/4; Other: All Gold for 5-tradition holidays 4/5; 5 holiday decorations 3/5; Sneak presents 0/3; Move-In Collection 12/12 eggs

Hali’a (ex-elemental – gen 3 spouse) – Sports Master: Aspirations – Extreme Sports Enthusiast 1/4; Career – Athlete 10/10; Skills – rock climbing 4; Move In collection ?

Paidia (gen 4) – Legendary Gamer: Aspirations – Computer Whiz 1/4, Leader of the Pack 1/4; Career – eSport Gamer 6; Skills – Videogaming 8, Charisma 9, Programming 7; 0/5 professional tournaments, 0/3 games written.

Harmonia (gen 4) – People Person: Aspirations – Friend of the World 4/4, Party Animal 0/4; Career – Entertainer 5; Skills – Charisma 10, Comedy 4, Piano 6; other 0/12 gold parties.

Notes

So the big news this week is that I have started repairing my game (from Origin, right click on game and select repair) each morning and the gold/silver parties are now registering. I haven’t tried having 2 parties back to back so I don’t know if the game needs repairing between each party. I am planning to see if that is necessary and then I’ll post it as a tip on the discussion board.

Not many photos in this episode as I was so focused on the parties. Not so focused that I managed to get Hali’a to take a hike at Mt Komorebi for her aspiration during a Kava Party that Clement threw at the bar there! And yes, he got gold! I was quite proud of that although I’m not sure throwing a Kava Party away from Sulani was very appropriate.

Let me know what you think about Pablo. Paidia needs a mate and he will be moving in to stop her getting lonely. I’ll do a quick update when I find out what degree/career he’s doing.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Olympus Dreams 3.9: A Flair For Repairs
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2022, 12:41:07 PM »
Pablo Vann is doing a (non-distinguished) degree in Communications at Foxbury. Hmmm - that would pin him to only one Big Dream that I haven't tackled yet but he might fit well into my plans for gen 5...