Author Topic: Speed 4 doesn't work anymore  (Read 5190 times)

Leto85

Speed 4 doesn't work anymore
« on: January 12, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »
I saw that today when I was about to fast forward in game to head into the night to make shots for the new youtube vid.
First I thought Windows 7 has turned the laptop seting into Dutch again, which will mix the keyboard buttons but, but that wasn't the case.

When I click the 4 to get to speed 4, it won't work.
Anybody who has any solution?

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
Re: Speed 4 doesn't work anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:08 PM »
Was your sim doing anything at the time? Because on my laptop i can only use 4 speed when my sims are doing somthing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
Here is how speed 4 works: the game sets to speed 3 until your sim finishes doing whatever he was doing when you activated speed 4.

This means essentially that speed 4 is as fast as speed 3, and that the reason you couldn't use it is because your sim wasn't doing anything.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
Hahaha, I see now. I was too busy with recording only that I only notice the button wasn't working. It was indeed the fact the sim wasn't doing anything.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
Yup, I had that panic a few times where I thought speed 4 wasn't working, but as Naga says you need to have something in the queue, so that it can speed through that and drop to speed 1 when it's done.

Sportsfan

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this, but is it true that speed 4 is the same speed as speed 3, its just that it goes to speed 1 when the action is completed?
I always thought that it was faster and it seemed to be, but that might have been biased thinking.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Speed # 4 is the "Fast forward through current action" speed. It is the same as Speed # 3. If Speed # 4 is active, the game speed will drop back to # 1 as soon as the active sim is finished whatever action they are doing.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 06:58:04 AM »
Speed # 4 is the "Fast forward through current action" speed. It is the same as Speed # 3. If Speed # 4 is active, the game speed will drop back to # 1 as soon as the active sim is finished whatever action they are doing.

Thank you for that answer fortheloveofcake, but as you can see a bit higher at this topic someone else had already mentioned this.
I will lock this topic now.