Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42087 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Is Daphne intentionally a reference to Scooby-Doo, or is that a happy accident?
Good heavens!  Three days later, she comes out of her room with 3 best sellers and a nooboo on the way.  Yeah, that's not going to raise any eyebrows  ;=)  And the dogs to take up household spots to ensure you don't have another multiple birth?  Brilliant!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
I've never had an NPC ask one of my Sims to live together. Is that a new thing or should my Sims feel slighted? Lol!
Love the book titles. Did you deliberately move from Castle to (Nicki) Heat?
That's new with the Growing Together update, and it happens a LOT - but I think just with NPCs that your Sim becomes friends with after the update was installed - I haven't had any NPC friends that were already friends ask to move in. Interestingly, Daphne's visit to the cemetery came after the pack update, and she made friends there with deceased Gen 3 Heir Nate. Nate later showed up at her house (even though his tombstone wasn't on the lot) and asked to move in! I don't think I've ever seen a ghost show up on a lot when their tombstone was somewhere else.

And although I watched the Castle series, I didn't think of that when I was naming the books.  :(  This Castle thing is something I typically do when writing books - makes naming them quicker and easier . . . I either use Castle or Palace, preceded by names of gems, metals, etc. and then the message came up about her stories all sounding the same, and it just fit where I was trying to take the story.

Is Daphne intentionally a reference to Scooby-Doo, or is that a happy accident?
Good heavens!  Three days later, she comes out of her room with 3 best sellers and a nooboo on the way.  Yeah, that's not going to raise any eyebrows  ;=)  And the dogs to take up household spots to ensure you don't have another multiple birth?  Brilliant!
I actually didn't think of Scooby-Do when I named Daphne - at least not consciously. I knew she would be a ghosthunter, and Daphne was honestly just the first name that came to mind. Maybe my subconscious was working on me though - I do work with a person who uses a picture of Daphne as her icon in the software we use, so I typically see it multiple times a day.
I have to thank my friend @oshizu for the puppy idea . . . she suggested it previously, but I wasn't wanting to bring in pets to take care of at the time. This timing was right though, because with Dorian and Quinn finished with their dreams, and constantly wanting to talk to everyone, interrupting their Big-Dream-related actions, I wanted to move them out after Destiny's baby came.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/22/23 Chapter 27. The Last Cordova Heir)
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2023, 01:46:01 PM »

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

Delilah rose through the ranks of her mixology career, always being the first to test each new drink she concocted. Adelyn Caliente, oblivious as to her actual cause of death and the person behind it, continued to make an appearance in the Cordova household. Adelyn's presence resulted in the home becoming an official Haunted House, which served Daphne's Big Dream very well. Daphne entertained herself with specters and even maxed baking to have delicious treats to give them. She was often called upon to remove evidence of paranormal activity in homes all around the Simverse. She met Bonehilda and Guidry, and was a little overtaken with Guidry's flirty advances. He became her first boyfriend. Destiny found success writing her "Castle" series of fantasy books, but after awhile they all started sounding the same. She thought a vacation might help, so she made a trip to Selvadorada, where she met someone who would change her life forever. Upon her return, she immediately turned out three books in a new Romance series that were immensely popular. And by the time those were published, it was apparent that the Cordova family was about to have a new addition.

Destiny: “Welcome to the family, my little man.”

Destiny: “We’re going to have great fun together.”

Destiny: “Happy Birthday, my little Top-Notch Infant. Blow out your candles.”
Daphne: “Let’s celebrate with a trip to the waterpark!”

Destiny: “I don’t why I can’t put you in that pool, Franco. Let’s try another one.”
Destiny (to herself): “And once again I turn around and there you are.”

Tomas: “Hello there, little guy. What’s your name?”
Franco: “I Fanco!”
Destiny: “He’s my son.”

Tomas (quietly): “Is there something you need to tell me?”
Destiny: Well, I mean, I know you’re non-committal and all. Franco and I will be fine on our own.”
Tomas: “Noncommittal? Wasn’t it me who asked you if we could live together? I thought you were coming back. You said you were coming back. And then you ghosted me and didn’t even tell me . . . “
Destiny: “I planned on telling you; I just haven’t figured out how.”
Tomas: “Well, now you don’t have to worry about that.”

Destiny: “How did you find me?”
Tomas: “You never gave me your number, or told me where you lived. I’ve been traveling the Simverse looking for you. I've been to every park, restaurant, gym and library on the map. This park wasn't on the map; I'm just lucky someone mentioned it.”

Destiny: “So now what?”
Tomas: “So now you give us a chance, just like we said. And you give me a chance to get to know my son.”
Destiny: “It’s different now.”
Tomas: “Yes, now it will be even better. He’s adorable. I know I have a noncommittal trait, so what? It doesn’t mean I don’t still want everything we talked about. And Franco is gonna love me. You’ll see.”

Destiny: “Daphne, Delilah, this is Tomas Puentes.”
Delilah: “So, you’re what happened in Selvadorada.”
Tomas: “Huh?”

Delilah: “Let me guess, you’re living the Love ‘Em and Take ‘Em Big Dream.”
Tomas: ‘What are you talking about?”
Delilah: “Who’s your Watcher?”
Tomas: “I have no idea what you are talking about.”
Delilah: “What are you doing here?”
Tomas: “Looking for Destiny. She didn’t come back when she said she would, so I came looking for her.”

Daphne: “Okay, let’s talk about this later. How about we get in a quick slide before we go home?”

Delilah: “Great idea.”

Destiny: “YES! I didn’t fall on my butt!”

[
Tomas: “Come on, Destiny. Give us a chance. Let me stay a few days, we’ll see how it goes.”
Destiny: “I don’t know Tomas. You never signed up for a child.”

Tomas: “Give me a pen. I’ll sign up now. Look, give me a little time with him. If he likes me, I stay. If he doesn’t, I leave now and we talk more later, just the two of us.”
Destiny: “Ok.”

Tomas: “Up you go!”
Franco (giggling): “Wheeeee!  Higher!”

Franco: “Huggie!”
Tomas: “I think he likes me.”

Tomas: “Why are you so skeptical? Why can’t you believe that I love Destiny and I’m in for the long haul?
Delilah: “I’m a Bartender. I see a lot. I hear a lot. Noncommittal guys are a dime a dozen, and that’s about what they are worth.”
Tomas: “Okay, listen.I don’t know a lot about this Watcher thing, Destiny only told me a little. But why don’t you ask her if there’s a way I can remove that noncommittal thing. Because if there is, I’ll do it. I’ll replace it with a Best-partner-best-father-sticks-around-forever thing.”
Delilah: “Hmmmphf.  I’ll ask her.”

Tomas: “We all make mistakes sometimes, Little Man. When we do, it’s important to say you’re sorry.”
Franco: “Sontines, I not wanna say sorry. If I mad.”
Tomas: “I know, buddy. But we still need to, because even if we’re mad at someone, we still love them and we don’t want to hurt their feelings.”

Franco: “I can weed!”
Great-Grandma Cassie: “You learn so fast in our tiny house! You’re such a smart boy. You should come more often.”

Franco: “Look Mommy! We did it!”
Destiny: “We sure did! It’s a great castle."

Tomas: “Don’t you think we should go? It seems a little rude hanging out in their bedroom while they’re sleeping.”

Franco: “So a minute ago I was a toddler, and now, look at these photos I took. Look good, because this is seriously the only picture Watcher has of me as a child. I’ll admit, I spent most of my childhood making friends and taking pictures of them. And the pictures do kind of look alike . . . . I mean, look at me - I look exactly the same in all three pictures. And that’s my Great-Grandpa Colt and my Aunt Daphne on the top row. But you’ve already met them. Aunt Daphne looks mad a lot. I don’t know why, because she really isn’t. She’s pretty cool. She has a bunch of ghost friends and helps people get spooky things out of their houses.”

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2023, 05:14:58 PM »
What a great update! Franco is so adorable. I really hope she gives Tomas a chance. I love that picture of Colt!! Hint hint. Maybe you can could save it to a room and upload it for me LOL

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2023, 06:27:18 PM »
What a great update! Franco is so adorable. I really hope she gives Tomas a chance. I love that picture of Colt!! Hint hint. Maybe you can could save it to a room and upload it for me LOL

I uploaded all 5 pics I had of him - #colt #sdhoey - look under rooms with custom content checked. Let me know once you get them and I'll take it off the gallery.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2023, 06:27:54 PM »
going in game now thank you

Edited: I have it, Thank you so much

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2023, 02:35:24 AM »
I keep think Franco must be a werewolf with those looks. Aw, he's so eager to be part of their lives. Very sweet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2023, 08:45:24 AM »

Nice to see Tomas steppin' up! Franco is a total cutie.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2023, 12:00:31 PM »
I keep think Franco must be a werewolf with those looks. Aw, he's so eager to be part of their lives. Very sweet.
I think you meant Tomas - I think it's the hair - I'm pretty sure that came from the Werewolf pack.

Nice to see Tomas steppin' up! Franco is a total cutie.
My intention was for Destiny to have a fling in Selvadorada and never see the Baby-Daddy again, and Tomas having the noncommittal trait was perfect for that. I was going to keep the triplets together and Delilah and Daphne would help raise the baby. But then I really liked Tomas and wanted to keep him, so I was thinking about that. And then he showed up at the park, and the new plan fell into place.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/223/23 Chapter 38. Not the End)
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2023, 12:47:55 PM »

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

Quinn and Dorian moved to Brindleton Bay with their new puppies, and Franco made his appearance in the household. Delilah and Daphne completed their Big Dreams and moved nearby, to another house in Strangerville. Although Watcher failed to take many pictures, Franco was a popular child who quickly grew into a teen and then a Young Adult.

Hey there! Young Adult Franco here. Given the bad job Watcher did recording my childhood and teen years (1 picture as a child, 0 pictures as a teen), I asked her to let me tell you about my Big Dream myself and she agreed. So let’s get started. My Big Dream is all about people  - meeting them, making friends with them, and partying with them. And I’m really good at it. So you can believe me when I say The Narwhal Arms is a great place to make new friends. Like Kyoko. And for the record, those pink eyebrows are not part of a costume. That’s just how Kyoko rolls.

The Cordovas live very long lives. This is my Great Great Aunt Sierra. At least I think that’s right. She’s my Great-Grandmother Cassie’s Aunt, but I just call her Aunt Sierra. She’s fourth generation Cordova, and I’m eighth gen. She looks really great for her age, doesn’t she?

I thought Kristen Laurent was pretty cool, but then she asked to move in with me. Out of the blue. Almost right after I met her. Caught me by surprise. But I got myself together quickly enough to say I didn’t think it was a good idea. I hope I didn’t hurt her feelings too much.

Dance Party! I never knew you could just start one of those line dances and everyone would instantly know how to do it. It was pretty freaking awesome!

Sigrid’s cool. She’s a Cordova, so I’m sure we’re related. I’m just not sure how exactly. There are really a lot of Cordovas in the Simverse.

The Family Reunion was fun. A lot of Cordova’s showed up. I made friends with some of them, and everyone seemed to have a really great time.

I’m pretty good at my music, so I get promotions fairly often. Usually every couple of work days. I love playing music, so work is pretty fun for me. I guess I’m just lucky that way.

I’ve been too busy making friends, making music and throwing parties to really think about finding a girlfriend. I wasn’t really wanting one. But then I saw Christin outside the campus bar, and it was just . . . wow . . . like I got hit with a . . . . something . . . I don’t know. So of course I had to talk to her.

I was really surprised that she was so easy to talk to. We talked for a while, and I wanted to let her know that I thought she was pretty special. So I gave her this rose that suddenly appeared in my hand. For some reason, I’ve been feeling romantic ever since.

The costume parties were really fun! That’s me there in front - the red ninja. So much better than the hotdog and bun I wore to my first costume party.

This promotion was to level 9 of my Entertainer career. I’m pretty excited about it. It means I just have a few more events and one more promotion in my Big Dream. Don’t get me wrong - I love the friends and the parties and even the work. But I’m starting to realize there’s something more that I want.

Dates count as events for my Big Dream, so I’m taking advantage of that. Christin and I spent a day at the Oldtown Discovery Museum (created by lesliemarie79).

This costume party was really important - with this party, I completed my Party Animal aspiration. One more promotion, and my Big Dream would be complete.

I took Christin to a quaint little bar in Henford-on-Bagley. I romanced her out on the patio, and I’m pretty sure she’s as into me as I am into her.

We spent a day together in Sulani, and I am really totally completely sure of what I want to do after my Big Dream is complete. I had a little chat about it with Watcher, and I’m happy to say she agreed to it.

I got that last promotion and couldn’t wait to call Christin to ask her to dinner. I had big plans for the evening, so I’m really glad she said yes.

We had a delicious and colorful dinner at Chez Llama.

When dinner was over, I had a big question for Christin. The kind of question that makes or breaks the rest of your life.

When she said yes, I was overcome with happiness, and I guess the romantic in me went a little overboard.

Christin didn’t seem to mind. In fact, I’d say she quite liked it.

I wanted to share this last picture with you - of the Cordova family founders, Jaxson and Josette, and all the heirs since then.

Left to Right: Founders Jaxson (Jax)-Artistic Genius and Josette (Josie)-Magical Maestro; Gen 2 Heir Marigold (Mari)-Family Matters; Gen 3 Heir Nathaniel (Nate)-Uber Sim; Gen 4 Heir Shay-Champion of Batuu; Gen 5 Heir Cassandra (Cassie)-Outdoorsman; Gen 6 Heir Quinn-Savior of Strangerville; Gen 7 Heir Destiny-Author; Gen 8 Heir Franco-People Person

Eight generations of Cordovas have lived, loved, laughed and followed our Big Dreams (27 in all). And we are so pleased that you have been along for the ride. But now it’s time for Watcher to move on to a new assignment. Time for Christin and I to live a more private life. Time for you to move on to other stories. We hope the Cordovas will forever have a place in your heart, as you will forever have a place in ours. And know that the Cordova story is not over; we’re all still out here in the Simverse living our dreams, both big and small. We hope you are doing the same, and that all your dreams come true.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2023, 01:08:15 PM »
Congrats Glazey! Well done. You have worked long and hard on this. 27 BDs is a lot. I can't wait to see what the next Cordova adventure is!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/23/23 Chapter 38. Not the End)
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2023, 02:36:41 PM »
A lovely finale. I can't believe it's all over! Congrats on completing the challenge *throws confetti*

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2023, 04:59:37 PM »
Great job, Glazey. Look for your HOF entry soon. That last screenshot is beautiful. You scored some pretty attractive Sims.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2023, 09:16:37 PM »

Congrats on finishing up your challenge. Truly a beautiful family - love that last shot of them all together. Looking forward to your next adventure!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2023, 05:43:24 PM »
Congrats Glazey! Well done. You have worked long and hard on this. 27 BDs is a lot. I can't wait to see what the next Cordova adventure is!
This was a lot of fun . . . I started it in November of 2021 and finished in April of 2023. Thank you to everyone who has been reading and encouraging me all along the way. A special shout-out to @oshizu who spent countless hours first in helping me create so many Big Dreams and then another countless hours encouraging me and pulling me back to my Cordovas whenever I started drifting away.

A lovely finale. I can't believe it's all over! Congrats on completing the challenge *throws confetti*
Thank you - it was sad to think of my Cordova story as being over . . . so I refused to and prefer to think of them as living on . . . just without me "watching" their every move.  ;D

Great job, Glazey. Look for your HOF entry soon. That last screenshot is beautiful. You scored some pretty attractive Sims.
Thank you, Tom - I admit I manufactured that "screenshot" in PicMonkey - @oshizu got me hooked on it - it was really easy to just grab a snipped shot of each founder/heir in CAS, and then use PicMonkey to remove the backgrounds and then put them all together on a new background. I had a lot of blue-eyed blonds, but did manage to get some diversity in there.

Congrats on finishing up your challenge. Truly a beautiful family - love that last shot of them all together. Looking forward to your next adventure!
Thank you! It's been so much fun playing the Cordovas . . . it's sad to let them go, so I did have to jump right in to the next adventure . . . which I'm calling my Ten-Gen Jumble.