Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42143 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/11/23 Chapter 34. Too Cute)
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2023, 11:15:29 AM »

Oh no, triplets! Watcher, you are cursed! It must have been a handful, especially with all the new infant content.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2023, 01:09:15 PM »
Wow, another set of triplets!?  Your sims to produce a majority of girls--do the mothers eat strawberries or is that simply coincidence.
They are all three super adorable.
They are Gen7, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2023, 05:06:12 PM »

Oh no, triplets! Watcher, you are cursed! It must have been a handful, especially with all the new infant content.
Of course the timing was not good - it did make it more hectic and less enjoyable with regard to the new content - although in all fairness, I did get two generations in a row of single births - Cassie and then Quinn. There have been 10 pregnancies total in the heir line, and of those there have only been 2 single births when there was room in the household for more than 1. (There were also 2 single births when there was only room in the household for 1 baby). So, total of 4 singles, 4 sets of twins, 2 sets of triplets.

Wow, another set of triplets!?  Your sims to produce a majority of girls--do the mothers eat strawberries or is that simply coincidence.
They are all three super adorable.
They are Gen7, right?
In the heir line we've had 11 girls and 7 boys. Quinn was the first to eat strawberries, because the plan I had (which has evolved since triplets appeared) caused a preference for a girl in this generation. And yes, this is Gen 7, so just one more after this.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2023, 07:24:41 AM »
Adelynn has officially been handed her "Your days are numbered" warning  ;=)
Oh my gosh, I loved the amount of cute spam in this, but the infant stuff was great given that I literally haven't booted up the game since that update happened.  Thanks for the helpful sneak peek of what it's like raising three infants since that's what will, eventually, be on Elziveth's plate  ;=)
And what is up with your game and multiple births?!?!?  Apparently the Cordovas are just so glorious that the universe always wants more of them  ;=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/19/23 Chapter 35. Happy Birthday, Adelyn)
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2023, 07:22:55 PM »

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

After patiently waiting to give birth until after infants were introduced to the Simverse, Quinn surprised us all with triplets! It was unexpected, but they were adorable, and quickly grew into Top-Notch Toddlers embarking on their Big Dreams. Meanwhile, Quinn found a helper for Dorian’s Big Dream.

Quinn: “Delilah, what a great job you did on your project!”
Delilah: “Thanks, Momma! Watch! It even erupts!”
Quinn: “Oh, yes it does, doesn’t it, all over the floor . . . and after I picked up the neat trait, too.”
Delilah (giggling): “It’s okay Momma. It doesn’t make a mess. Even if you do it over and over.”
Quinn: “Oh, that’s a relief. Now you should go outside and see what your Dad’s been up to while you girls have been working on your projects.”

Delilah: “Wow, Daphne, this is a really cool project.”
Daphne: “Thanks! Now can we go play? All this time I’ve been hearing Dad building, and I had to stay focused on my project. But now it’s done, so can we go play?!?”
Quinn: “Yes, you can go play.”

Destiny (dramatically): “Space Ranger Destiny blasts through space, whirling and dodging past planets and satellites. She’s the best space pilot ever!”

Delilah: “Watch me!”

Destiny: “Queen Destiny surveys her beautiful garden and wonders where the butterflies are . . “
Daphne: “And Daphne swoops through the tunnels in search of them.”

Quinn: “Happy Birthday, girls!”
Daphne: “I’m the oldest so I’ll go first.”
Delilah: “You always say that.”
Destiny: “I just want some cake.”

Destiny: “Happy Spring!”
Delilah: “I should go make drinks.”

Quinn: “A toast to Flower Bunny!”

Dorian: “Hey, Watcher, thanks for saving an easy collection for me. I do appreciate that.”

Quinn: “Oh, look who’s come to visit! Dorian, let her in. I need to get something.”

Quinn: “It’s so nice that you came to visit us on your birthday!”
Adelyn: “It’s not my birthday.”
Quinn: “Are you sure? I could swear today’s your birthday.”
Adelyn: “No, really it’s not.”
Quinn: “No matter, we didn’t get to celebrate your last birthday with you, so we can just celebrate now.”
Adelyn: “But it isn’t my birthday.”
Quinn: “Oh, look at this yummy cake Dorian baked just for you!”
Daphne: “Mom, wasn’t that my . . . “
Quinn: “Run along Daphne, I’m sure you have somewhere to be . . . some spirit to chat with.”
Adelyn: “Well, I do rather enjoy blowing out candles.”

Adelyn: “Wait! No! That wasn’t supposed to happen. Oh, this is not fair!”

Quinn: “Don’t worry Adelyn, you look fabulous! Here, open your present!”
Adelyn: “For me? Oh, you shouldn’t have. But how nice that you did!”

Quinn: “Are you okay there, Adelyn? You look a little pale.”
Adelyn: “I don’t feel so good.”

Adelyn: “Something is most definitely not right.”

Adelyn: “Uh-Oh. No pulse. Something is so very not right.”

Dorian: “Oh no!”
Quinn: “What happened?”
Destiny: “Right. What happened indeed.”

Quinn: “Already with the phone calls.”

Dorian: “Say, Grimm, while you’re here, there’s something I wanted to ask you. How do you feel about grilled cheese?”
Grimm: “Do you have some? Can you make some? Grilled cheese is the best! Have you eaten it in space? It’s amazing in space!”
Dorian: “Yes, it is good in space. Eating grilled cheese isn’t the BEST thing to do in space, but it’s pretty good.”

Dorian: “And that completes my Big Dream! Thank you all for sharing this moment with me!”

Grimm: “Yes, that is a cool wall. I understand why Watcher wanted me to see it.”

Delilah: “Darn right I got a promotion! I worked so hard for practically the whole two hours! It was exhausting!”

Daphne: “OOHHHHMMMMM.”

Daphne: “Spirit, if you are there, make yourself known.”
Spirit: “Heed my advice or you’ll end up a Watcher!”

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2023, 09:54:56 PM »
O M G, this is what I needed tonight! Just the right amount of funny to end my day. Thank you

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2023, 01:56:10 AM »
Congrats to Dorian on completing his Big Dream.
Love Delilah's face after work. 2 whole hours? It's downright exploitation!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2023, 07:28:35 AM »
Quinn's added speech bubble. "Thank you, yes, I am aware." Hilarious.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2023, 07:28:50 AM »
Oh my gosh, those kiddos are delightful!!  The face after two hours of work, the spirit summoning, the "I just want cake" bit...so good!
When Adelyn passed right in front of Quinn who then got a call to let her know...good heavens!
So many great moments in this and looking forward to more!!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »

Haha, what a great update! I loved the "Already with the phone calls" with the pop up and added graphics to emphasize the ridiculous. :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

Dorian completed his Big Dream with a little help from Quinn, Adelyn Caliente, and Grimm.  Our triplets grew into teens and started pursuing their Big Dreams in earnest. Daphne threw herself into meditation and began attempting to communicate with spirits. Delilah dedicated herself to creating a variety of mixed concoctions worthy of any party. And Destiny closed herself off at her computer, embarking on her writing career.

Delilah: “Check this out! My bar tricks are nearly as good as my drinks!”

Guidry: “Well hello, Beautiful! Been waiting long?”
Daphne: “Waiting for what? And who are you?”
Guidry: “For me, of course. Guidry the Ghost, at your service!”

Daphne: “Really? At my service? What can you do for me?”
Guidry (flirtatiously): “What do you want me to do for you?”
Daphne (giggling): “Oh . . . well . . . ummm .. . (recovering): Um, you could start by telling me how to get rid of the little floaty guys.”
Guidry: “Why would you want to get rid of them? They’re adorable, don’t you think? Not as adorable as you of course. Nor as adorable as me. But they’re kind of fun to have around.”
Daphne: “They’re dangerous.”
Guidry: “How so?”
Daphne: “They cause playful emotions, and playful emotions, when stacked with a lot of happy spells deadly.”
Guidry: “Hmmm . . . be less happy? No, that’s not it.”
Guidry (winking): “I know some ways I could make you more happy, but I don’t do unhappy.”

Daphne spontaneously kisses Guidry.
Guidry: “Alrighty-then! My kind of girl. Let’s blow this popsicle stand and go dancing!”
Daphne: “You’re kidding, right?”
Guidry (singing): “I’m in the mood for love, simply because you’re near me . . . “
Daphne (laughing): “You’re silly.”
Guidry: “Not silly. I know about your Big Dream. You want me . . . to be your boyfriend. And I will, if you go dancing with me.”

Kyla: “What happened to you?”
Delilah: “Dyed Cocktail.”
Kyla: “Was it spoiled?”
Delilah: “No silly, it’s a feature - add a little color in your life!”
Kyla: “Make me one?”

Adelyn: “Oh, Quinn, you’re such a good friend! I’m really very lucky to have died here in your house where I have such a good friend.”
Quinn: “Umm, yeah, sure Adelyn.”
Adelyn: “Let’s be Besties! Oh, what am I saying? We’re already Besties, aren’t we? Of course we are!”

Daphne: “Wow! I conjured a skeleton maid!”
Bonehilda: “You did not conjure me! You called, and I chose to answer. And now that I’m here, I’ll help with your cleaning.”
Daphne: “Awesome! Thanks!”

Adelyn: “If you’re summoning something, I’m going back in my urn.”

Daphne: “So this is what the Ghastly Ritual does! Awesome! This is SO going to freak Mom and Dad out!”

Daphne: “Good-bye Adelyn, and good-bye haunted house.”

Josephine: “Hello, dear. You must be little Daphne. We’ve been keeping tabs on you. I was hoping you’d pick me when you came to find some ghost friends.”

(Left to Right): Cheyanne Cordova, wife of Nathaniel (Nate) Cordova - Gen 3 heir and son of Marigold (Mari) Cordova and Cameron Cordova-Pryor; Josef CordovaDelgato, son of Maci Cordova (Gen 2 heir) and Pierce Delgato; Shari Cordova, daughter of Marcus Cordova (Gen 2) and Holly (Alto) Cordova; Nicholas (Nick) Cordova (Gen 2 son of Mari Cordova and Cameron Cordova-Pryor).

Five of Daphne’s ghost friends.

Destiny: “I guess it’s time to write about something other than old castles. Maybe a vacation would do me good . . . give me a new perspective.”

Destiny: “Who knew the jungle would lend such inspiration and confidence to my painting!”

Destiny: “Hmmmm, just when I’m about to go get some sleep . . . and look at what walks in the door.”

Destiny: “Self-assured, Romantic and Non-committal. Sounds perfect for a little vacation fun.”

Tomas Puentes: “Your name rings true . . . I think you are my Destiny . . . . I could dance with you all night.”
Destiny: “All night is a long time on our feet.”
Tomas: “Yes, you are right about that. Maybe we should go back to your place and get off our feet.”

Daphne: “Tell us about your vacation! We can’t wait to hear.”
Destiny: “It was really nice. Very relaxing.”
Delilah: “How was the jungle? Did you go exploring? Did you meet anyone?”
Destiny: “The jungle was breathtaking. My first day there, I went to a museum and just on a whim, started painting on an old easel I found. I painted two masterpieces in a row and completed my Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.”
Dorian: “Well done, dear.”
Quinn: “There has to be more to tell than that! Why, you’re positively glowing! What happened in Selvadorada?”
Destiny (chuckling): “Nothing happened in Selvadorada! It’s the jungle air. It’s good for the skin.”
Delilah: “Did you come up with any new ideas for your books? You said you needed to start writing something new.”
Destiny: “As a matter of fact, I did, and I’m going to go get started right now.”
Dorian: “Before you do, I want to say, I hope you’re ready for the pitter patter of little feed around here.”
Destiny: “What!?!”

Dorian: “There are some new feet in the house. Eight of them, in fact. Your mom and I couldn’t agree, so we got two. I picked Lily, the little golden brown one.”
Quinn: “And I couldn’t say no to Luna, even though I know she’s going to get big.”
Destiny: “What brought this on? I never even heard you talk about wanting a dog.”
Quinn: “Watcher was pretty insistent. We wanted to wait until you got home, but she thought if we waited we might forget. Actually, she’s the one who encouraged us to get both of them. Sometimes I wonder about her.”
Destiny: “Well, they are adorable. Now, I have some writing to do.”

Destiny locked herself in her writing room and started typing.

Once she got started, she couldn’t seem to stop.

Three days later, she finally came out. She was a little curious to see what her family would say.

Delilah: “So, you still holding onto that ‘nothing happened in Selavadorada’ story?”

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2023, 08:28:08 PM »

Daphne's big dream looks fun! Not sure what all it entails though, so I may have to look it up. Love the bit with Delilah and her totally normal, average vacation. :P

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2023, 08:28:48 PM »
Ooops, What happens in Selvadorada, stays in Selvadorada.  :-X

I am loving the ghost lovin! Great update!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
O M G, this is what I needed tonight! Just the right amount of funny to end my day. Thank you
So glad it helped to end your day on a fun note.

Congrats to Dorian on completing his Big Dream.
Love Delilah's face after work. 2 whole hours? It's downright exploitation!
So completely teenager-y!  And her stress moodlet lasts twice as long as her work shift! Poor thing!

Quinn's added speech bubble. "Thank you, yes, I am aware." Hilarious.
It really seems like they shouldn't get that call when the person dies on their home lot - it always happens though. But this one was so fast - like 2 seconds after the reaping!

Oh my gosh, those kiddos are delightful!!  The face after two hours of work, the spirit summoning, the "I just want cake" bit...so good!
When Adelyn passed right in front of Quinn who then got a call to let her know...good heavens!
So many great moments in this and looking forward to more!!
Thank you! There's more coming, but we're getting close to the end . . . 

Haha, what a great update! I loved the "Already with the phone calls" with the pop up and added graphics to emphasize the ridiculous. :D
I had to add that bubble - it reminded of something you'd see Khaby Lame do a tiktok about - if you don't recognize the name, google him - he's hilarious. You've probably seen him even if you don't recognize the name.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
I've never had an NPC ask one of my Sims to live together. Is that a new thing or should my Sims feel slighted? Lol!
Love the book titles. Did you deliberately move from Castle to (Nicki) Heat?

anything