Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42033 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (12/5 Chapter 27. Frozen Surprise)
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2022, 06:53:41 AM »
More Mariboos?!?!?  You know I'm totally here for it!
A lovely update!  Some nice Naboo scenes, some more photography, a death scare, and a handsome beau for Sophia.  Everything anyone could ask for in an update  :=)
Happy New Year, Cordovas!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2022, 10:37:41 PM »
I'm really shocked that the game doesn't stop elders from making the "Should we try for baby?" phone calls.  Or, maybe it's not surprising. *sighs
Spouse hunting by having the brother hire male models is a new one for me!  Super brilliant idea, Watcher!
We're all glad, for the sake of both the blue boy and Sophia, that he survived!

And what of Milo? Has he hung up his mini-skirt and become a lost cause? :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2022, 10:54:15 PM »
Khloe is super cute but no match for Selena - you guys and your crossovers - playing with Simverses and our tenuous hold on reality! Such fun!

She is pretty cute, as are the other girls in Selena's boarding house - it's kind of a shame I only have 1 male in this generation. But Sol has been planned for Selena since he was a nooboo, so he wasn't even tempted.

More Mariboos?!?!?  You know I'm totally here for it!
A lovely update!  Some nice Naboo scenes, some more photography, a death scare, and a handsome beau for Sophia.  Everything anyone could ask for in an update  :=)
Happy New Year, Cordovas!

If I wasn't so determined to keep my generations together age-wise, we'd just tell her to go for it! But, now she's an elder. I moved her youngest son (Nick), his wife (Trisha) and their kids (Kalyn and Bradley) in with Marigold and Cam. If she keeps calling, I'll give one of the now-YA kids a spouse and a toddler, and that will fill the house.

I'm really shocked that the game doesn't stop elders from making the "Should we try for baby?" phone calls.  Or, maybe it's not surprising. *sighs
Spouse hunting by having the brother hire male models is a new one for me!  Super brilliant idea, Watcher!
We're all glad, for the sake of both the blue boy and Sophia, that he survived!

And what of Milo? Has he hung up his mini-skirt and become a lost cause? :(
I really thought after Mari aged up that she'd quit calling. But nope! I thought new sims would spawn for photography models, but they don't . . . but the action still brought Jayden, so it worked, just not exactly as I thought it would.
We haven't seen Milo at all . . . we haven't tried to, but you know how the sims you know show up places? Well, not Milo. So Sierra's still looking . . . as are Shay and Samantha.  But they are focused on their Big Dreams, and not really looking that hard yet.
Sol is doing meet and greets and Sims I haven't seen before have been showing up . . . no prospects for the girls yet, but there's always tomorrow.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (12/12 Chapter 28. Yama-what?)
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2022, 03:25:13 AM »

Sam: This is amazing! This gizmo surrounds me in light energy to absorb my thought patterns and then creates what I imagine!"

Sam: "Hey, Mom! Taste this! It’s an awesome new serum I made just for you! You’re going to love it!
Oh, wow! It actually worked!"

Sam (whispering to herself): "Okay, Sam, you can do this. Mom did this three times. You’re going to be okay.”

Sam: "That wasn’t so hard. Hey Watcher, thanks for catching at least a bit of the splash!"

Shay: "Tell me again why we’re here."
Sam: "Shay, you know Sol needs two more fans to ask for a selfie with him."
Shay: "Yes, but why HERE? The area outside is so . . . trashy."
Sol: "Okay, the truth is, Watcher made me bring you here. She went snooping around in some Watcher-place that lets her see all the Sims in our Simverse and she found some attractive, single men living here in Evergreen Harbor. So she wanted me to bring you here and see if they show up so you can meet them."
Sierra: "Oh, that doesn’t sound conniving at all!"
Shay: "And likely fruitless."
Sam: "It’s okay, we'll see what we see, and anyway, we’re here to support Sol."

Kenta: "I’m so glad I came out tonight! I heard Sol was here and I thought I’d see if I could meet him, but I had no idea he had such a beautiful sister . . . whom I hope is unmarried . . ."
Sam: "That’s sweet of you to say, and yes, I am single."
Cassandra: "I’m single too!"
Kenta: "Samantha, would you like to come with me to get a drink at the bar?"

Cassandra: "You should back off, Little Missy, I saw him first."
Sam: "Umm . . . no . . .he and I were talking when you rudely sat down between us."
Cassandra: "Doesn’t matter. He obviously prefers a smart, experienced woman, and not some little fluffhead who probably can’t even find her own way home."
Sam: "Says the near-elder, fast food employee to the younger and exceedingly more beautiful Master Scientist. Go get some sleep, grandma. It’s past your bedtime."

Remington: "I guess you’re here to see the famous Cordova guy, huh?"
Sierra: "Not exactly. I see him everyday already."
Remi: "Oh, so you and him, you’re a thing then?"
Sierra: "If you mean a thing like a brother and sister, then yeah."
Remi: "Oh, he’s your brother. So, is your boyfriend here?"
Sierra (laughing): "No boyfriend, just me and my sisters, here with our brother."
Remi: "In that case, let me buy you a drink."
Sierra: "Ok. I’ll have whatever you’re having."
Remi: "Oh, honey, I’m so intoxicated by you, I don’t need a drink."
Sierra (chuckling): "Does that line ever work?"
Remi: "We’re about to find out."

Shay: "Well, it looks like Watcher did well for you and Sierra. But I guess the guy she picked for me isn’t going to show."
Sam: "Don’t worry, Sis. We’ll stay until he does. And if the place closes, we’ll keep coming back until he finds you."
Shay: "The heck with that! I’m not going to sit around waiting on some guy Watcher picked."
Sam: "No?"
Shay: "No! I don’t sit around. I fight lightsaber duels and win! I steal supplies and foil the plans of the First Order! I fly the Millennium Falcon for crying out loud! Last week, I beat up a stormtrooper . . . twice! I am fierce! And I am fearless! And I am going to finish this drink and make Watcher show me where he lives, and I am going to go get my man! And he is going to be enchanted by me from the first moment he sees me!"
Sam: "You go, girl!"

Watcher: "Well, that was unexpected. He wasn’t a Yamachan in Household Management."

Shay: "Smile Yamachan! We’re going to be besties in no time!"

Shay: "Wow, I had no idea there was such an autonomous flirter under that costume!"
Drew: "I can’t help it, I’ve been enchanted by you from the first moment I saw you!"

Sophia: "I don’t really know how that happened, but suddenly we’re engaged!"
Jayden: "Yes! You do want to marry me, don’t you?"
Sophia: "Of course I do!"

Watcher: "It gets pretty lively at the Cordova Cemetery. All the Gen 2 Cordovas are here - just two spouses left among the living - Mari’s husband Cam and Miles’ wife Summer. They’ll be here before long though."

Watcher: "Sophia and Jayden married and moved into a beautiful house in Willow Creek. They named their nooboo Reginald."

Sol: "Selena, I’m finally getting close to the end of my BD, and I’ll be able to move in with you soon. Will you marry me?"
Selena: "Of course my love! I was starting to think I was going to have to ask you!"
Sol: "Oh, my! Who knew a public proposal would ratchet up my fame so much?"
Selena: "My Watcher would have known that."

Sol: "Yay! Yay! Everybody cheer! My aspiration is complete; my Big Dream is complete! And now I can take my bride and live happily ever after!"

Sol: "Ah! Finally! My name shall live on forever, here, on the sidewalk, where people can see it every day! Selena, don’t you care?"
Selena: "Of course I do, Love! But did you see that cloud? It looks just like all those Meet and Greet Trophies you have lined up on the shelf!"

Shay: "I hope you don’t mind moving in with my parents for a while, Drew."
Drew: "I don’t mind. Do you mind not getting a new big house of our own like your sister Sophia?"
Shay: "We’ll have our turn. But I’m the heir to our Dynasty, and Watcher said it was really important for me to get married, have you move in, and then have our baby in the current house. She made Sol and Sam promise not to get married and move out until after our baby is born."
Drew: "Why? What does our baby have to do with them?"
Shay: "I’m not sure it’s really about them. She said there has to be 7 Sims living in the household when the new baby is born. Maybe it’s a lucky number thing?"

Drew: "Oh, she’s going to be a beautiful little enchantress, just like her mama!"
Shay: "Or maybe he’s going to be a handsome, loving creator like his daddy!"

Sam: "Shay, what are you doing?"
Shay: "Watching Drew fabricate stuff."
Sam: "Why?"
Shay: "Oh, because he just looks so darn good doing it. That Ox Strength serum you tested on him buffed him up quite nicely."
Sam (winking): "Consider it my wedding gift."

Sol: "Finally, Shay had her baby and I can marry my true love. I have a beautiful home chosen for us."
Selena: "I thought you were going to move in with me?"
Sol: "Honey, you deserve something much more grand than a starter house."
Selena: "Oh, Sol! I love it! Does the car come with it?"
Sol: "It sure does!"
Selena: "Can I drive it?"
Sol: "No dear, driving is a thing of the past. Cars are just for decoration now."

Kenta: "I hope you’re not upset that I adopted a child before we married."
Sam: "Of course not. I’m sure I’ll love her as much as you do. And there will be plenty of room in the big home Watcher prepared for us in beautiful Tartosa."

Remi: "I guess it worked."
Sierra: "What worked?"
Remi: "My corny line. Because here I am, married to the very beautiful love of my life."
Sierra: "It wasn’t your corny line that did it."
Remi: "What was it then?"
Sierra: "Pretty much everything else."
Remi: "You never told me how it was decided that you get to inherit the Cordova family home."
Sierra: "Watcher said she consulted someone very dear to her named Rosie, and Rosie thought I would take the best care of things and would always be able to get things done. So she picked me."
Remi: "That Rosie sounds like a smart one."

Watcher notes:
Sophia and Jayden moved into Blue Victorian by Erilanya.
Sol and Selena moved into Big Base Game Family House by JessicapieYT.
Samantha and Kenta moved into Villa Vigna in Tartosa - I simply changed it from Rental to Residential.

Rosie is my 8-year-old granddaughter. She loves the Sims, mostly dressing them. But every now and then she's here when I'm playing, and she helps me decide things . . . sort of a Watcher-in-training. I'd have her playing now that she is reading well, but at 8, we're not quite ready for the woohoo discussion.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2022, 06:48:00 AM »
Rosie the Watcher in training.  That's adorable!!  I mean, I would have chosen Sam, but I'll trust that Rosie has solid reasons for choosing Sierra and will trust in her wisdom  ;=)
Shay's bit about going to get her man was fantastic!  She's so fierce!!
A lovely update, and so nice that you were able to use the lucky number seven so effectively (and therefore have no accidental triplets again)   :=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
Rosie the Watcher in training.  That's adorable!!  I mean, I would have chosen Sam, but I'll trust that Rosie has solid reasons for choosing Sierra and will trust in her wisdom  ;=)
Shay's bit about going to get her man was fantastic!  She's so fierce!!
A lovely update, and so nice that you were able to use the lucky number seven so effectively (and therefore have no accidental triplets again)   :=)

She said Sierra (dark hair, short cut, practical clothes) looked like she could get things done and handle things well, and Samantha (blonde fluffy hair, bright clothes) looked like she'd mostly want to party and go out. I thought she'd go for Sam, given that Rosie is a feisty little blonde who loves bright clothes herself, but this led us to a good discussion about how we form opinions about people. I told her how Sierra loved to adventure and went to other places and explored temples and found ancient artifacts, and Sam was a brilliant scientist who invented amazing things (showed her the cloning device and other inventions) and made serums, like the one that can make a person look like a ghost. She said she wants that serum for a Halloween party.  ;)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2022, 11:44:33 AM »
What a project to find Watcher-approved spouses for all five Gen4 sims!
You did a great job. Selena loves her new home. Thank you, Sol, for completing your BD in so timely a manner.
Great planning with such a huge generation, Watcher!
Ahhhh, Gen5 is a singleton! How relieved you must feel!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2022, 12:14:44 PM »
What a project to find Watcher-approved spouses for all five Gen4 sims!
You did a great job. Selena loves her new home. Thank you, Sol, for completing your BD in so timely a manner.
Great planning with such a huge generation, Watcher!
Ahhhh, Gen5 is a singleton! How relieved you must feel!

I really like it when they just meet someone, but that wasn't happening, even though I brought the girls along whenever Sol went to do Meet and Greets or any time he was out in the public hoping and hoping that someone would ask for a selfie.  ;D (That finally happened quickly, thanks to your tip to try the Rattlesnake Juice Bar). So I resorted to "shopping" in Household Management. But it was such a surprise when Drew turned out to be a Yamachan! I think the game was out of line hiding someone that good-looking under a big, green costume!

Thank you for all the cheerleading and encouragement, both to keep pushing on my unexpected 5-BD generation, and to take a pause and get an update out instead of piling up more screenshots to sort through! Your support and encouragement are much appreciated!

And yes, I am quite excited to start my 1-child generation 5 in a brand new tiny house.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (12/17 Chapter 29. No Sim on Fire)
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2022, 08:47:41 AM »

Shay: “I love our little house! And it’s beautiful here.”
Drew: “I’m so happy to hear you say that. After I saw your sisters’ and brother’s houses, I was afraid you would find ours too small.”
Shay: “Well, we can make it bigger later if we want. But I have it on good authority that our beautiful daughter will learn faster in a small house.”

Cassie: “Cassie fly so high! You da bes mommy eber!”

Shay (reading): “Little Red Riding Hood took the basket of goodies for her grandma, and skipped out into the forest. She reached down to pick a handful of pretty blue flowers to take with her, not realizing someone else was in the forest. ‘Hello Little Girl,’ said a deep, grumbly voice.”*

Drew: “A little more off here . . . a little bit there . . . and it will be perfect.”

Cassie: “Mommy fly me so high and Mommy read me tories and Daddy pet the wormies and I tan be a pincess and we hab fishies outside.”

Cassie: “You fly me so high! Bes untle eber!”

Cassie: “I yub you, Untle Jayd’n!”

Shay: “You’re so good with your hands, dear. You’ve practically furnished our whole house. What are you making now?”
Drew: “Can’t tell yet. They all start out looking the same, and then suddenly, like magic, the final form just . . . pops out.”

Shay: “Just think, less than a week ago we had a nooboo, and now, here we are already with a Top-Notch toddler blowing out her candles.”

Shay (reading): “A shiver rippled through Zima’s silvery-gray fur. She knew what the smell meant. The witch was nearby.”**

Cassie: “This is pretty cool. I’d rather be learning to make potions in the cauldron, but I’m not quite tall enough yet. I don’t really need to be a Whiz Kid, but I have five days to fill so I might as well accomplish something more than a few scout badges.”

Shay: “Oh, my, I’m not sure this tiny house was such a great idea. Our little girl is growing up so fast!”
Cassie: "I think it's perfect. I have plenty of space in my little room, since I always sleep in the tent and don't need a bed. Plus, I want to start learning spells and potions, but I can't do that until I grow up more."

Cassie: Note to self (and the rest of the Simverse) - never age up in your scout uniform! This is awful! Where did this stuff even come from?  M-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-M!!

Drew: “There you are, my good little grubby. You are growing up so big so fast, just like my little Cassie. You are going to make some fine grub meal one of these days, yes you are.”

Cassie: “Abram! NO! You’re ruining it! All I have to do is have a wiener roast where no one catches on fire! You’re ruining it for me! Stop it!”

Abram: “No, Cassie . . . look . . . it’s okay . . . I’m not on fire - just the chair is on fire.”

Jorge (blue shirt): “Abram . . . dude . . . a little self-control, my man! You literally sat in a burning chair and stayed calm. And now you’re freaking out? Mr. C’s got this, dude. Chill.”

Cassie: “I have a B in school and the wiener roast is done without anyone actually catching on fire. That’s enough teen time for me!”
Shay: “Oh, just yesterday you were a child and here you are all grown up! Everything’s moving so fast!”
Cassie: “Not everything, Mom.”

Shay: “True that! How many lightsaber duels must I fight? How many secure chests must I break into? It’s just one . . . last . . . hilt! Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever get it.”
Cassie: “Well, so what if you don’t, Mom? You’ve accomplished so much. Does it really matter if you don’t find it?”
Shay: “It only matters if you want to live in your own house with your own family someday, without your dad and I.”
Cassie: “Oh. Keep looking, Mom, I believe in you. I know you can do it.”

Cassie: Granite Falls is really pretty, but I don’t recommend eating the toxic plants. I did it for my aspiration, but seriously, if you don’t have to, don’t do it.

Cassie: I heard that the Hermit was an elder with a bad back, but I found that not to be true. Can you blame me for using my aspiration requirement as an excuse to take a selfie with him?

Drew: “Finally! Jenny! I thought I’d never find you!”
Shay: “Good for you, honey! Even if I did start on my collection weeks before you and you got over half of yours from the flea market. I’m so happy for you.”

Cassie: “That Whirlyflower was the last one I needed!”
Shay: “Well done, Cassie. Twenty-five unique frogs and what, about 30 duplicates? Compared to 107 lightsaber parts, 24 dataspikes, 8 fake IDs and a couple hundred scrap bits. But, hey, who's counting, right? How awesome that you are all done collecting! Congrats!”

Cassie: It’s so beautiful and solitary out here in Moonwood Mill. One more night’s sleep in this tent, and my Big Dream will be completed.”
“Hello Little Lady,” said a deep, grumbly voice. “I do believe I smell a witch.”

Watcher Notes:

* There are 58 versions of Little Red Riding Hood; the earliest known printed version was Le Petit Chaperon Rouge by Charles Perrault. The version Shay was reading (not quite exactly) was by Gaby Goldsack.

** Shay was reading from A Wolf for a Spell by Karah Sutton.

Shay, Drew and Cassie moved into Tiny House Cottage by elsierobinson656.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2022, 10:28:52 AM »

Wow, so many collections! Looks like having a one-child generation is giving you a lot of time to go for some extra accomplishments.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2022, 10:32:11 AM »
I laughed out loud at that shot of teen Cassie after she aged up. That was some outfit!
Awwww, poor Shay and her missing lightsaber hilt.
On the bright side, if she lives with Cassie, she can't spam her daughter with phone calls about trying for baby.
Cassie just needs one more tent sleep to finish her BD? I can tell you're an insect-collecting veteran, Watcher!
You don't even make a big deal (or mention) of completing that collection.

Okay, Cassie ends up in Moonwood Mill and the Watcher's Notes clarify two references to wolf-themed stories.
Hmmmm, looks like the lovely Cassie (she looks so much like Mama Shay) better watch out!
Love the cliffhanger!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2022, 11:20:17 AM »
The outfits the Sims get if they age up in Scout uniform are priceless. It used to be a bit of a worry in my Apocalypse challenge before I was able to change their wardrobes.
Love the fairy-tale references - my brother is in a Storyteller community (festivals, etc) and he takes them really seriously.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
Wow, so many collections! Looks like having a one-child generation is giving you a lot of time to go for some extra accomplishments.

Actually, Drew collected the MySims as his Spouse collection - since spouses miss the teen and earlier requirements, they have to either complete a unique collection (unique from any other spouse in any generation) OR complete a university degree. Cassie is working on the Outdoorsman Big Dream, which requires completion of 2 of frogs, insects, and fish. She chose frogs and insects.

I laughed out loud at that shot of teen Cassie after she aged up. That was some outfit!
Awwww, poor Shay and her missing lightsaber hilt.
On the bright side, if she lives with Cassie, she can't spam her daughter with phone calls about trying for baby.
True! I love how you see the bright side! The family has been getting some of those calls from Shay's sisters, but nothing like the frequency of the calls from Mari.
Cassie just needs one more tent sleep to finish her BD? I can tell you're an insect-collecting veteran, Watcher!
You don't even make a big deal (or mention) of completing that collection.
True - I used to find the insects so difficult, but then I invested a fair amount of time to learn where and when they all spawn, so it's not so hard now.  I got a couple of pretty good pictures from insect collecting, but I ended up not using them just because of the number of pics I already had. I thought I missed the splash screen from Critter Catcher, which I intended to add to one of them, but then discovered I didn't miss it, it just delayed for some reason - it popped when she came home from her Granite Falls vacation, and of course I wasn't ready for it then. So I used the image of Cassie eating toxic plants and that little splash instead.
Okay, Cassie ends up in Moonwood Mill and the Watcher's Notes clarify two references to wolf-themed stories.
Hmmmm, looks like the lovely Cassie (she looks so much like Mama Shay) better watch out!
Love the cliffhanger!
I'm glad you liked it - I've been planning it for awhile, and I guess that's also part of why I rushed through Drew's and Cassie's BDs and neglected my picture-taking responsibility. (Bad Watcher)

The outfits the Sims get if they age up in Scout uniform are priceless. It used to be a bit of a worry in my Apocalypse challenge before I was able to change their wardrobes.
Love the fairy-tale references - my brother is in a Storyteller community (festivals, etc) and he takes them really seriously.
Yes, and even after the make-over, she came out of CAS and of course still had that on. So funny what the game puts together.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2022, 07:34:51 AM »
Oh my goodness!  Poor, sassy Shay!  I have never tried getting all the lightsaber hilts, though I was planning to include that Big Dream in my BDD.  Maybe I need to re-think this...
Cassie is adorable!  Her age up outfit was...something other than adorable, but still very charming  ;=)
I loved the running theme from the story time culminating in that final shot!  That poor wolf has no idea he's about to mess with a witch from the toughest line of casters in the Simverse  ;=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2022, 09:58:58 AM »
Oh my goodness!  Poor, sassy Shay!  I have never tried getting all the lightsaber hilts, though I was planning to include that Big Dream in my BDD.  Maybe I need to re-think this...
Cassie is adorable!  Her age up outfit was...something other than adorable, but still very charming  ;=)
I loved the running theme from the story time culminating in that final shot!  That poor wolf has no idea he's about to mess with a witch from the toughest line of casters in the Simverse  ;=)

Since I essentially created the challenge, I can also make changes to it. Since oshizu provided extensive help with the Big Dreams, I typically consult her before I do. We both agreed that the Batuu Big Dream has plenty of requirements without the Lightsaber collection. I did wait until Shay finally found that last hilt (didn't seem right to change it while I was doing it), but that collection is no longer part of the requirement. So . . . looking forward to the Tooks taking Batuu!

I think this outfit was the worst age-up outfit I've seen. I expected her to age up and still be in the Scout uniform, since teens wear it also.

I am having fun starting the playthrough of the next chapter - Cassie and the Wolf.   :D