Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42033 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (11/7) 21. How About a Massage . . . or Two?
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2022, 10:26:48 PM »
LOL, Mari and her infinite fertility massages!  Congrats on completing your Big Dream!
Congrats, too, to Noah and Celina as well as Nate and Cheyanne on your weddings.

I got confused at first about why Maci's children and toddlers would be that age for such a long time, then I remembered that you're playing on Long lifespan.
Haha, just age up the toddlers and you never have to worry about the Social Butterfly aspiration again! (just kidding, kinda).

Does this mean your story's now caught up to your gameplay?  Hurray!
Looking forward to following Nate & Cheyanne as their new life unfolds. :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2022, 02:36:24 AM »
LOL, Mari and her infinite fertility massages!  Congrats on completing your Big Dream!
Congrats, too, to Noah and Celina as well as Nate and Cheyanne on your weddings.
Thank you!

I got confused at first about why Maci's children and toddlers would be that age for such a long time, then I remembered that you're playing on Long lifespan.
Haha, just age up the toddlers and you never have to worry about the Social Butterfly aspiration again! (just kidding, kinda).
I didn't think about the impact of playing on long for the non-heir households. I haven't ever played a multi-gen game on long before.  :D
But I've taken care of that . . . at least up to this point, and have a plan for keeping all the cousins caught up with the heir family.

Does this mean your story's now caught up to your gameplay?  Hurray!
Looking forward to following Nate & Cheyanne as their new life unfolds. :D
Almost - in game, Nate and Cheyanne's kids are teens. So there will be one more chapter covering their toddler and child stages, and then I'll be caught up. I'm looking forward to playing again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2022, 07:11:31 AM »
You're so clever!  If I'd had one of the TookAlots learn massage, Chaza's aspiration would have already been completed. 
Such a lovely update with romance and weddings, and of course, screen time for the lovely Mari before the dynasty shifts to Nate's new abode (no, I'm not crying, you're crying!).
Poor Maci!  Dressed as the bride at someone else's wedding.  How embarrassing!  In her Watcher's defense, though, how could one pay attention to such small details when there's a whole dynasty at stake...and the beautiful and amazing Mari to distract us from her siblings?   ;=)
Another lovely update and I can't wait to see Mari's lovely grandboos growing up and the toddler spam that comes with it  ;=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2022, 10:30:37 AM »
You're so clever!  If I'd had one of the TookAlots learn massage, Chaza's aspiration would have already been completed. 
Such a lovely update with romance and weddings, and of course, screen time for the lovely Mari before the dynasty shifts to Nate's new abode (no, I'm not crying, you're crying!).
Poor Maci!  Dressed as the bride at someone else's wedding.  How embarrassing!  In her Watcher's defense, though, how could one pay attention to such small details when there's a whole dynasty at stake...and the beautiful and amazing Mari to distract us from her siblings?   ;=)
Another lovely update and I can't wait to see Mari's lovely grandboos growing up and the toddler spam that comes with it  ;=)

Thank you for your kind words.

I did some testing awhile back regarding when the massage needs to happen to get multiple births - I used MCC Control to check the pregnant Sims to see how many nooboos were in there. I thought that the massage needed to happen within 24 hours before birth, but I saw conflicting information saying that it was within 24 hours of the initiation of pregnancy.
My results were:
  • 1 Massage within 24 before birth - nearly always resulted in twins (rarely triplets) for as long as the massage buff was up, but when it fell off there was a high chance that the number of nooboos would go back to 1.
  • 1 Massage within 24 hours of pregnancy - often, but not always, resulted in twins; rarely in triplets.
  • 1 Massage within 24 hours of pregnancy + 1 massage within 24 hours of birth - Always resulted in multiple births in my test - I got triplets this way about half the time.

This wasn't a scientific test, of course, but I tested across about a dozen different Sims, so this is what I go by. My ongoing results have been consistent with what I saw in my test. Of course there have been several times when I was wanting just 1 nooboo, so I've done NOTHING to cause multiples, and got twins anyway.  :P

It was pretty funny - Maci always showing up in her wedding gown. She had 2 other formal outfits, and the wedding dress is number 3, but I guess the game goes back to it because it was the last one I specifically had her change into. Mason also showed up in his white tux from his wedding - you can see him in the background when Nate and Cheyanne are walking down the aisle.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »

Poor neglected Maci! The wedding dress embarrassment, the children that will NOT grow up and get out of her hair -- SO funny! ;D I've actually never noticed the doves swirling around as two sims marry, just the exploding hearts. I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time.

Grats to finishing Mari's big dream and moving on to a new generation of Cordova's!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2022, 12:50:57 PM »

Poor neglected Maci! The wedding dress embarrassment, the children that will NOT grow up and get out of her hair -- SO funny! ;D I've actually never noticed the doves swirling around as two sims marry, just the exploding hearts. I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time.

Grats to finishing Mari's big dream and moving on to a new generation of Cordova's!

The first time Maci showed up in her wedding dress, I thought it was funny, but rude of her, and I didn't think it would keep happening - I thought the game would choose from her three different formal outfits. But, no, every time, even just a formal party, it was the wedding dress. So funny!

I think the exploding hearts came with the wedding pack. I never saw them before that.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2022, 01:02:58 PM »
I never really thought about the impact of playing on long regarding aging up of the non-heir's children.
Maci was the first to move out and have kids (Gen 3) and they were still toddlers/children when Mari's were grown and starting Gen 4.

I really want the generations to stay together in terms of life stage, so I went and aged up all the others. I'm not quite caught up in the story, but in my play, my Gen 4 kids are teens, so I aged all the others to get to:

Founders - Elder
Gen 2 - Adult
Gen 3 - Young Adult
Gen 4 - Teen

But I really hated just passing by those life stages for all the ones I'm not playing. So I started a photo album for pics of the various families as their kids grew. Now I don't feel like I'm just losing them so quickly. And I may have a future founder or two in the group.  :D

Cordova Family Album (Also linked in the first post, as it will continue to grow.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2022, 03:38:40 PM »
I did some testing awhile back regarding when the massage needs to happen to get multiple births - I used MCC Control to check the pregnant Sims to see how many nooboos were in there. I thought that the massage needed to happen within 24 hours before birth, but I saw conflicting information saying that it was within 24 hours of the initiation of pregnancy.
My results were:
  • 1 Massage within 24 before birth - nearly always resulted in twins (rarely triplets) for as long as the massage buff was up, but when it fell off there was a high chance that the number of nooboos would go back to 1.
  • 1 Massage within 24 hours of pregnancy - often, but not always, resulted in twins; rarely in triplets.
  • 1 Massage within 24 hours of pregnancy + 1 massage within 24 hours of birth - Always resulted in multiple births in my test - I got triplets this way about half the time.

This wasn't a scientific test, of course, but I tested across about a dozen different Sims, so this is what I go by. My ongoing results have been consistent with what I saw in my test. Of course there have been several times when I was wanting just 1 nooboo, so I've done NOTHING to cause multiples, and got twins anyway.  :P

This is how I've always used the On Ley Line lot trait and fertility massages as well.
I never thought to test it using MCCC because the above timing has worked for me and my sims, starting with my Mori Legacy (no MCCC).
When seeking multiple vampboos, I learned from my 100 Baby Challenge that we can simply swap the On the Ley Line lot trait with the On the Dark Ley Line lot trait.
My 100 Baby mama (spellcaster) had twin vampboos with non-occult baby daddy sims. :D

I vaguely recall that a Fertility massage's effect used to be shorter.
While playing my BDD last year, I remember noticing that it lasted 24 hours and wondered when/if that had changed.
It's true! I just checked Carl's guide on the Wellness skill (which hasn't been updated) and it says: "Fertility massage: +1 12h Happy Moodlet, increased likelihood of twins/triplets"
The longer window of time is really nice!

For me, even doing all the above, my sim can still give birth to a singleton if I join them at the hospital.
So, if i want multiple births (I usually do), I either opt for a home birth or "Send alone" to hospital. 
Has this also been your experience?

Thanks for sharing that you tested fertility using MCCC!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2022, 05:29:56 PM »

For me, even doing all the above, my sim can still give birth to a singleton if I join them at the hospital.
So, if i want multiple births (I usually do), I either opt for a home birth or "Send alone" to hospital. 
Has this also been your experience?

Thanks for sharing that you tested fertility using MCCC!

I know that singletond can occur - I got just one with Nate (Gen 3 heir) but when Mari tried for 1 sibling for him, she got twins - I did go to the hospital with her. No reward trait, no ley line, no fertility massage - nothing to cause twins . . . but there they were.  Then when Nate's wife, Cheyanne gave birth, again, planning for 1 but got 2. 

So, Founder Josie had 2 sets of twins (1 on purpose, 1 not) and 1 single.
Gen 2 heir Mari had 1 single, 1 set of twins (not on purpose).
Gen 3 heir spouse had 1 set of twins (not on purpose).

In other words, 50% of the time that I was going for a single birth, I got twins instead. Personally, I'd like to see single births more likely if you're not doing anything to cause multiples.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:20 AM »
Just to add my two pennies worth on the subject of multiple births, in my current Apocalypse Challenge, I've had 16 pregnancies, no ley lines, no massages, with no multiple births.
This was a blessing for the first couple of generations, esp with no baths, but they would have been welcome after that.
Also, the prevalence of girls over boys before they could eat carrots was amazing: 2 boys to 11 girls!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2022, 08:39:47 AM »
Just to add my two pennies worth on the subject of multiple births, in my current Apocalypse Challenge, I've had 16 pregnancies, no ley lines, no massages, with no multiple births.
This was a blessing for the first couple of generations, esp with no baths, but they would have been welcome after that.
Also, the prevalence of girls over boys before they could eat carrots was amazing: 2 boys to 11 girls!

Wow - big difference with regard to gender! I've been pretty even with that - 3 boys, 2 girls in the 2nd gen; 3 boys in 3rd gen; 2 girls in 4th gen. Slightly tipped to boys but we'll see what happens as we go further.

I wonder if my propensity toward twins even when not trying is due to the times I HAVE been looking for multiples with other sims - maybe something is affecting more than it should. Like switching Ley Line on then off, for example . . . for the next 4 gens I will not be going for multiple births on purpose, so we'll see what happens.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (11/9) 22. Toddler Spam and Kid Stuff
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56:05 PM »

Celina: “Doctor, how long will this take? It’s not exactly comfortable.”

Celina: “Squeeeeeeee! Two babies! Nate will be so excited!”
Watcher: Yeah, this was supposed to be a single birth, not twins. And  . . . are you sure there’s not another one in there?”

Sophia: “Wheeeee. I’s a airpane!”
Sierra: “My dolly's a airpane too!”

Sophia: “Hode me mommy!”

Nate: “Up and a flip and trippy whippy dip!”
Cheyanne: “And what is this, Sophia?”
Sophia: “Tippy dippy!”

Sierra: “And da mommy laff laff.”
Sophia: “And den da mommy wun away.”

Sierra: “Bid hud, Sissy!”

Sophia: “Das anuff.”

Sophia: “Spishy spashy Mommy!”
Sierra: “I spash you, Sissy . . . You weddy?”

Sophia: “Here I is!”
Sierra: “Me too!”

Sierra: “Stack stack.”
Sophia: “Mommy dolly stack stack too.”

Sierra: “I so high up!”
Sophia: “I see ebryting!”

Sophia: “Geez we barely got to celebrate our birthdays before we had to start on this project.”
Sierra: “At least we get to do it together.”

Sierra: I wish Sophia would play with me. Every time I ask her to, she just wiggles her fingers and says "Social Butterfly." But I guess I do like having the monkey bars to myself.”

Sophia: “You’re my first friend!”

Sophia: “Yeah, work it, Brittany.”

Sophia: “Smile like you mean it!”

Sophia: “You’re my last new friend!”
Tommy: “You mean, like, forever?”

Sierra: “Thanks for finally making time for me, your sister and BFF!”
Sophia: “Sorry, I just needed to make three new friends, you know?”
Sierra: “Look!  I caught a Tambaqui!”

Sophia: “I caught a box!”
Sierra: “What’s in it?”
Sophia: “Looks like . . . thick mud  . . . oh, I guess it’s clay maybe?”
Sierra: “Why would someone put clay in a box and throw it in the lake?”
Sophia: “Beats me. People are weird.”

Sierra: “So if I mix the blue powder with the yellow liquid, I should get putrid green smoke!”

Sophia: “I don’t get why I have to wash the dishes. I don’t even need scout badges.”

Sophia: “Whoever decided kids can’t have pen pals was just stupid! It’s not fair.”
Cheyanne: “Well, honey, you’ll be a teen tomorrow and then you can get all the pen pals you want.”

Nate: “Meanwhile, DANCE PARTY IN THE KITCHEN!”

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (11/9) Toddler Spam and Kid Stuff
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2022, 07:38:19 PM »
From toddlers to teens in one fell swoop!  That was quick.
Adored the toddler spam--such lovely little toddlers who grow up into lovely little girls.

Lol, Pippin has permanently skewed my outlook!
When Sophia replied, "Beats me. People are weird," I immediately thought of Morgan Fyres, lol.

I can't wait to read about Sophia and Sierra's high schoo days!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2022, 07:50:55 PM »
What a lovely update of the lovely girls!!  The dynamic between them is wonderful!  If Sophia gets the childish trait, she can keep playing with the mommy doll  :=)
Can't wait to see the girls as teen!! 
I know it's early and we've only just met them, but I'm already Team Sophia  :=)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »
I know it's early and we've only just met them, but I'm already Team Sophia  :=)

Haha, Pippin!  It's never too early to declare favorites!