Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42025 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 10/31/22) Chapter 19. The N-Generation
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2022, 06:41:58 PM »

It's so nice to see a new update from this story! Huzzah for more Cordova's! All of the boys are just dandy - and each so different.

Thank you Rhoxi! And thank you for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to catching up on your story - I've gotten so far behind with everyone's, but have some plans this weekend to catch up on them all and to get another Cordova chapter out so I can start playing again.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2022, 09:42:40 PM »
Why yes, I did just binge read to catch up with this lovely dynasty  :=)
Mari is so my favorite!  I just adore her!  She just has this mischievous look and that ornery smile, but she's really just such a sweetheart.
That near death moment with the death flower and the de-deathify twist?  Craziness!!
And all the adorable nooboo spam was just wonderful!
Oh my gosh, I almost forgot the whole backstory and the eventual wizarding showdown!  What a fantastic way to start a dynasty!
And Nick and Trisha are just too cute together!   Hard to believe my sweet little Mari is going to be a grandma!!!
So much delightfulness, such a sweet family, and such wonderful storytelling!  I'm so excited to see what shapes up next for your lovely Cordova's  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2022, 05:58:47 PM »
Mari is so my favorite!  I just adore her!  She just has this mischievous look and that ornery smile, but she's really just such a sweetheart.
She's my favorite too! I actually planned for Maci (the brunette) to be the one to carry on the Dynasty, but she wasn't a Spellcaster, so I had her become one. But then when Mason couldn't get his darn Dream done, I was prepared to switch to him to give him more time. But Mari just completely won me over, and I had to go with her instead.

That near death moment with the death flower and the de-deathify twist?  Craziness!!
I must have sat staring at my screen with my mouth open for 5 minutes when that happened trying to figure out what I was going to do!
You know those stages of grief - well, I was steadfastly NOT moving out of denial. I was just NOT letting Josie go at that point in the story. I kept thinking "what can I do without breaking the rules?" And then I though, "Wait! I MADE the rules!"  ;D And there was no rule against saving her, so I did. And I updated the rules to tell everyone else they could too.   :)

And all the adorable nooboo spam was just wonderful!
Oh my gosh, I almost forgot the whole backstory and the eventual wizarding showdown!  What a fantastic way to start a dynasty!
The backstory was really fun, but I did get a little carried away with it. If I had a Watcher, she'd be hitting me over the head saying, "Dang it Glazey, get on with the real story!"

Thank you so much for reading and sharing your thoughts about my family and their story!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (11/5/22) Chapter 20. Didn't See That Coming
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2022, 01:42:51 AM »

Nate: I met Celina on campus one day when  I was early for class. Her red hair caught my attention and her golden eyes held it.
She told me she was studying history. I wanted to talk with her more but it was time for class.

]
Nate: I asked her to come to Karaoke, where she clearly showed much more interest in Noah than in me.

Nate: And then the next day, this beauty just showed up at my house out of the blue and knocked on the door.
Of course I couldn’t chat for long because I had to go to class.

Nate: I was pretty sure she was into me when she came back the next day with a “neighborly” gift for me.
We’re not exactly neighbors, since I live in Glimmerbrook and she lives in Oasis Springs. But I was happy to see her.

Nate: The next day she called and asked me out. But was the middle of the day, and I had to go to class.
So I decided to ask her to join my family since we were going out to dinner that evening.

Nate: We went to The Ruins Restaurant, a stunning restaurant built around the ruins of an old library by Daz1530.
Cheyanne is so easy to talk to. My whole family loved her.

Nate: When I took Cheyanne home, I moved in for the kiss.

Nate: She invited me in.

Nate: And asked me to stay.
Don’t get too excited - it’s a Woo-Hoo, not a Try for Baby.

Trisha: “It’s so nice of you to give me a massage, Mrs. Cordova. Our ceremony tonight is really small,
but I’m a little nervous anyway. I’m really sure about marrying Nick, I just hope I don’t mess up my vows.”
Mari: “Oh, you’ll be fine, honey, and please call me Mom.”
Trisha: “You’re really good at this. Is it part of your Big Dream?”
Mari: “In a way, yes.”
Trisha: “You’re probably nearly finished with yours.”
Mari: “Yes, I just need some grandchildren to finish my Big Happy Family aspiration.”
Trisha (giggling): “Well, maybe Nick and I can help with that.”
Mari (smiling knowingly): “Yes dear, I’m quite sure you will.”

Trisha: “I love you forever.”
Nick: “Ditto.”

Mari: “Oh, how exciting! My first grandchildren!”
Trisha (giggling): “Oh, my! One at at time, please!”
Mari: "Honey, your back must be killing you. Let's head downstairs for another massage."

The Cordovas love to celebrate Independence Day at Petal’s Water Park by Catzille.

Noah: I can’t believe Nick is already married with a baby on the way! I’m not competitive or anything,
but I never thought he’d beat me at that. But I know how to really ramp up my relationship with Celina.

Noah: Relationship up, check. First kiss, check. You know what’s next, right?

Noah: “Celina, I knew you were the one the minute I saw you at Planet Honey Pop. Will you marry me?”

Noah: Didn’t see that coming.

Nate: I just need to contribute knowledge and graduate to complete my Academic aspiration.

Nate: YES! Officially graduated. With honors even! Now to get a great job, settle down with Cheyanne, and give mom some grandbabies.

Nate: But first, a little magic training with Aunt Maci.

Nate: "Go Aunt Maci!"

Nate: I think I could use a little more training.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2022, 03:27:24 AM »
Is it wrong that I was pleased when Celina put the brakes on Noah's plans? He'd moved in on Nate's first romantic interest and then seemed to be working through a formula as a competition with Nick. The course of true love isn't supposed to run smoothly, after all!
All 3 lads are very attractive, of course. I'm looking forward to Nick and Trisha's nooboo(s)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2022, 09:11:04 AM »
Celina is lovely and I was so heartbroken for poor Nate when his brother swooped in, but oh my, Cheyanne is a sweetheart.  And Nate's vows!!  "Ditto" indeed  ;=)
Mari is wonderful!  The massage that's "kind of" part of her big dream.  Nice.  So much for Cheyanne's "one at a time" idea  ;=)  It was a brilliantly subtle little bit that a reader could easily miss, and of course, Cheyanne completely missed!
So, is Cheyanne an out-of-household spouse, or did she move in?
Hopefully Nate gets a little better at dueling before he ends up with a curse.  It would be a shame if he came home to his loving wife all green and wrinkly and had to be her gross green guy...although I do enjoy that alliteration  ;=)
Well, it was another lovely update and I can't wait to read more!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2022, 01:00:26 PM »
Celina is lovely and I was so heartbroken for poor Nate when his brother swooped in, but oh my, Cheyanne is a sweetheart.  And Nate's vows!!  "Ditto" indeed  ;=)
Mari is wonderful!  The massage that's "kind of" part of her big dream.  Nice.  So much for Cheyanne's "one at a time" idea  ;=)  It was a brilliantly subtle little bit that a reader could easily miss, and of course, Cheyanne completely missed!
So, is Cheyanne an out-of-household spouse, or did she move in?
Hopefully Nate gets a little better at dueling before he ends up with a curse.  It would be a shame if he came home to his loving wife all green and wrinkly and had to be her gross green guy...although I do enjoy that alliteration  ;=)
Well, it was another lovely update and I can't wait to read more!

Looks like you've gotten the boys a little mixed up - easy to do given they're all cute and blonde and we're moving fast.

Nick, the youngest, was the first to get married to Trisha - he moved in with her right after the wedding. Nate, the oldest, will carry on the dynasty with Cheyanne, but he has the longest Big Dream (Uber Sim) so he'll be the last to move even though he got a head start and works like a fiend on his Big Dream. Cheyanne won't move into the family home - Nate will move to a different lot and she'll move in with him.

Noah thought getting a "Yes" from Celina would come as easy for him as winning a Ping Pong match, but she had another think coming for him. You'll see more about that in the next chapter, along with more from Nate and Cheyanne.

I also think Celina is lovely and was a great find - I immediately thought she'd be the next heir-spouse, but she was much more attracted to Noah, and he to her. So, what does a watcher know?

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2022, 01:24:20 PM »

Wow, I've never had a sim turn down a proposal before! Was it a surprise to you, or an intentional part of the story you wanted to tell?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2022, 03:06:51 PM »
First, I apologize for confusing Mari's names with Maci in my previous comment.
I mean to say that I liked how you bookended your post with comments by the boy's mother Mari (not their Aunt Maci. Btw, do they have the same hairstyle? haha)

Lucky for Nate that Celina preferred Noah. Her hair is lovely but Cheyanne is prettier!
How nice that Cheyanne was so into Nate, showing up the next day with a gift, asking him on a date, and all that.
I hope Nate didn't forget to give her a reassuring call the next morning.  And congrats, Nate, on nearly completing your Super Sim aspiration!

My sims often get rejected for a proposal when they propose on the same day that they did the First Kiss and Ask to be bf/gf socials.
Huh, Noah was so busy checking boxes that he forgot to read her mood.  We know you'll better next time, buddy!

Looking forward to reuniting with Nate and Shelly in their new home!
Can't wait to meet Nate/Trisha's nooboos whom we know, based on Cordova genetics, will grow up to be gorgeous!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2022, 03:09:40 PM »
 ;)
Is it wrong that I was pleased when Celina put the brakes on Noah's plans? He'd moved in on Nate's first romantic interest and then seemed to be working through a formula as a competition with Nick. The course of true love isn't supposed to run smoothly, after all!
All 3 lads are very attractive, of course. I'm looking forward to Nick and Trisha's nooboo(s)

We often seem to zoom quickly through the steps in Sim relationships to get the the nooboos, but Celina has a different plan in mind.  ;)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2022, 03:14:20 PM »

Wow, I've never had a sim turn down a proposal before! Was it a surprise to you, or an intentional part of the story you wanted to tell?

It wasn't specifically on purpose, but I knew it could happen since and wasn't unhappy when it did.  ;)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2022, 03:15:34 PM »
Oh Snap, that hurt! Oh could she turn that down?

LOL  . . . if he wants her in his life, he'll just have to work a little harder for it!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
First, I apologize for confusing Mari's names with Maci in my previous comment.
I mean to say that I liked how you bookended your post with comments by the boy's mother Mari (not their Aunt Maci. Btw, do they have the same hairstyle? haha)
No worries, it can be a challenge - When I picked Marigold for her name, I wasn't really thinking about a nickname; but then I got tired of typing her whole name all the time, so I shortened it without really realizing how close that made it to her sister Maci's name.

Lucky for Nate that Celina preferred Noah. Her hair is lovely but Cheyanne is prettier!
How nice that Cheyanne was so into Nate, showing up the next day with a gift, asking him on a date, and all that.
I hope Nate didn't forget to give her a reassuring call the next morning.  And congrats, Nate, on nearly completing your Super Sim aspiration!
I was really lucky with all three of these girls - to find three attractive girls with good traits. I was just mostly set on the next heir-spouse NOT being blonde. We need some diversity in the Cordova family. That's actually why Pierce was such a great choice for Maci - back when I thought she would be the one to carry on the dynasty.  Before Mari won my heart in a bigger way.

Yes it was really nice how hard Cheyanne pursued Nate. It's what gave me the idea for what comes next for Noah when Celina turned him down.

My sims often get rejected for a proposal when they propose on the same day that they did the First Kiss and Ask to be bf/gf socials.
Huh, Noah was so busy checking boxes that he forgot to read her mood.  We know you'll better next time, buddy!

Looking forward to reuniting with Nate and Shelly in their new home!
Can't wait to meet Nate/Trisha's nooboos whom we know, based on Cordova genetics, will grow up to be gorgeous!
It was good for Noah, who's "not competitive or anything" to NOT get what he was after so easily.  :)
I thought I'd be caught up at this point, but it looks like one more chapter before you meet the next generation. I did get ahead of myself with an update to my Dreamers post though - so if anyone wants a spoiler sneak peek, you can find it there.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (11/7) 21. How about a Massage . . . or Two?
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2022, 08:52:05 PM »

Noah: “I don’t get it, Mom. What is up with Celina saying no? I really thought she was into me.”
Mari: “Being into you doesn’t mean she wants to rush through 'Kiss me' . . . 'Be my girlfriend' . . . 'Marry me'  . . . all in one day, son.”
Noah: “But we all know Sim relationships move fast. Besides, Nate's going to want to move out soon, and you have to finish your Big Dream before he can.”
Mari: “This isn’t about me and my Big Dream. Don’t you worry about that. This is about whether you and Celina are right for each other, and taking the time to make sure about that.”
Noah: “But Mom, I already know she’s the one. I just have to figure out how to win her over.”
Mari: “Maybe she prefers being a partner to be loved and cherished rather than a prize to be won. If you want to spend your life with her badly enough, you’ll figure out how to show her that. And if it’s what she wants too, it’ll happen.”

Noah: I know Mom’s right, so the next morning I called and asked Celina out for breakfast. It went very well, so I just kept asking her out, and she kept saying yes.

Noah: We went to the beach in Sulani.

Noah: We went snowboarding in Mt Komorebi.

Noah: We walked the maze at the Von Haunt Estate and talked about so many things. We really got to know each other better that day.

Noah: We spent an afternoon at the Finchwick Fair.

Noah: And consulted the Romance Guru in San Myshuno.

Noah: We danced the night away at Discotheque Pan Europa.

Noah: And every night  . . . I kissed her goodnight at the door . . . and went home . . . alone. I had a lot of time to think about it and I realized that Celina was right to say no to marrying me. We didn’t know each other well enough, and I was rushing us into it for all the wrong reasons. But now I had one right reason - I want her with me every step of the way, through the rest of my life. So I invited her over to check out the sauna.

Noah: This time I got the answer I was looking for!

Noah: “Mom, Dad. Celina and I have something to tell you.”
Celina: “We’re getting married!”
Mari: “Oh, that’s just wonderful! When?”
Noah: “Tonight, actually, but the thing is  . . . we really want to have a very private wedding, just the two of us, in fact. We’re leaving for Sulani in a couple of hours.”
Celina: “We do hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings.”
Mari: “Oh honey, your wedding should be exactly the way you want it. But, before you go, let’s go get you a nice massage.”

Celina: “This is wonderful! Thank you so much.”
Mari: “It’s my pleasure, Dear.”

Celina: “Oh, Nick, this wedding is the perfect start of our future together.”

Cheyanne: “Nate this restaurant is really nice! I love our balcony table.”
Nate: “I’m really glad you like it. I’ve been working so hard, what with University and all my Big Dream requirements and trying to improve my spellcasting. We haven’t had much time together.”

Cheyanne: “I know. I’ve really missed you.”
Nate: “There’s a beautiful garden area out back. We can walk out there when we’ve finished our meal.”

Nate: “Cheyanne, my life has been so much better since you’ve been in it. I can’t imagine it without you. I hope I never have to.”
Cheyanne: “I’m so happy to hear that, Nate. I feel exactly the same way.”

Nate: “I was hoping you would say that. And I’m hoping even more that it means you will agree to take on all it means to be the wife of a Cordova heir. Marry me, Cheyanne.”
Cheyanne (grinning): “Just say when, my love. Just say when.”
Nate: “Soon, I hope. It all depends on Celina and Noah.”
Cheyanne: “What? Why does it depend on them?”
Nate: “Mom needs to complete her Big Dream first. If Noah and Celina have twins, Mom will have the four grandchildren her Big Happy Family aspiration requires. It’s her last thing, since she’s already made good friends with Nick’s twins along with me and my brothers.”

Celine: “I’m so glad we got back in time for Nate and Cheyanne’s wedding.”
Mari: “Well, they haven’t really set a date yet. They'll move into the original Cordova Dynasty house - where my mom and dad lived when they were first married. But Nate can’t move out until my Big Dream is finished.”
Celine: “I see. I hope that doesn’t take too long. Would you like to see pictures from the wedding now?”
Mari: “Maybe just a quick massage for you first.”

And the next day, Marigold’s Family Matters Big Dream was complete.

Watcher: “Sit down please people!”

Nate: “With this ring, I show the world that you are mine forevermore.”

Cheyanne: “Kiss me my husband.”

Watcher: “And so begins our dance toward the fourth generation.”

Maci: “Watcher, wait! Don’t leave yet.”
Watcher: “What’s up, Maci.”
Maci: “You never come to see me! I need you.”
Watcher: “Why, honey? What’s wrong?”
Maci: “What’s wrong? Look at me! You didn’t pack up my wedding dress before you ran off to give all your time to Mari and her family. Do you know how embarrassing it is to show up at everyone ELSE'S wedding wearing my WEDDING DRESS? Not just that. Pierce took me to Chez Llama for date night, and everyone else was dressed so nicely, and there I was . . . IN MY WEDDING DRESS! It was mortifying! I’m just lucky I didn’t die right there!”
Watcher: “Ok, calm down Maci. I’ll come see you right after this event and we’ll put this dress away where you can’t accidentally change into it and get you some new formal attire. How’s that sound?”
Maci: “Ok, but don't be telling me to calm down - I have three sons in grade school and three toddlers. And they’ve been these ages for a REALLY long time! I just don’t need more stress!
Watcher: “Good point. We’ll see what we can do about that while I’m there.”