Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42025 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/30/21) Chapter 13. Updates: Marcus
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2021, 01:51:06 AM »
Poor Maci and her karaoke machine.  Whenever she tries to get the family to sing, her brothers run upstairs due to their "other plans," LOL!
Will Maci ever get her siblings to join her singing karaoke?

Due to this family's great genes, Marcus is also a hottie! Both sons seem to have Jax's jawline, is that right?
Marcus has done really well and is only two promotions away from completing his Big Dream.  Go, Marcus1

And, yes, I love house tours!  I would love to see both the HoB house as well as Marcus's luxurious chateau in Del Sol Valley!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2021, 02:03:44 AM »
I'm really enjoying your updates. What a good idea to do them from each person's perspective.

How do you find your lovely houses in the gallery? Which filters/sorts do you choose - Maxi-curated or just scrolling through? I've been caught out with ones that haven't been play-tested so my Sims get stuck in corners!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2021, 04:54:10 AM »
I'm really enjoying your updates. What a good idea to do them from each person's perspective.
I'm so glad you're enjoying them. I got ahead in my play while one of my computers was out for repair, and it seemed the easiest way to sort through all the pics I had was to sort them by Sim. It's kind of fun doing it this way.

How do you find your lovely houses in the gallery? Which filters/sorts do you choose - Maxi-curated or just scrolling through? I've been caught out with ones that haven't been play-tested so my Sims get stuck in corners!
I don't have any particular filters. A lot of times I get ideas from the gallery, and then build my own. I built both of the houses the Cordovas have lived in - the Tiny house in Newcrest and this big house in Henford-on-Bagley. Most of the time when I download a venue, I spend a fair amount of time going through it, looking for things that might not work in play. I try to avoid venues that are packed with stuff, although I will say that the house I placed that Holly Alto moved into is very packed. I didn't worry about it because I didn't plan to play in it - I just wanted the neighborhood to have houses so that maybe someone would move in. All of the venues I've downloaded in this dynasty have had issues that I had to fix. The park, for example, had no steps going to the only place there is where you could put a cake. It also had places that weren't finished, so the Sims got negative moodlets.  I think the main thing is that you just have to spend a fair amount of time looking and then be prepared to modify anything you download.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
I love your updates. I better get move on. I need to post the rest of my teen updates so colt and Agnes can get married.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/31/21) Chapter 13. Updates: Marigold
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »

Gen -2 Marigold "Mari" Cordova

So by now you’ve heard that there’s been some discussion about my Big Dream. Mama had a plan for me but I just wasn’t feeling it. We got it all worked out eventually. I did the requirements for both Big Dreams until we got it sorted, but I didn’t mind. Overall, it’s been pretty fun.

I had to complete Rambunctious Scamp for the Big Dream Mama had planned for me. I’ll admit that playing on the pirate ship and monkey bars was pretty fun. But I got tired of all the typing practice.

I also needed Social Butterfly for the Big Dream I wanted. It was fun too. I got to meet a lot of people. This is me and my friend Aarohi Basu cloudgazing in our front yard.

I only needed a B for both Big Dreams, but I wanted to get an A, so I did all my homework and a couple of projects. Like this really cool Medieval Castle Diorama.

I didn’t need any character traits for the Big Dream that Mama had in mind, but all the positive character traits would be helpful for the Big Dream I had in mind. So I decided to just do them all. I wrote in my journal a lot, mostly about my Big Dream.

I even helped teach Miles how to build a tower so Mama would see how good I am with kids.

By the time of my birthday, Watcher, Mama and I had come to terms on my Big Dream. Mama just wanted me to be happy. Watcher wanted a natural-born spellcaster with blonde hair and green eyes to carry on the Dynasty. We only had one of those, and that was Marcus, and he didn’t want to be the one to carry on the Dynasty. So, Watcher agreed that I could be the heir with the Family Matters Big Dream if I would agree to let Mama give me the rite of ascension. And that was easy because I’d been planning to ask Mama to do that all along. And my eyes are greener than Marc’s anyway.

My age-up wasn’t as bad as Marc’s, but it wasn’t really what I was hoping for. Nose piercings and spiked dog collar? Please, that is not me. But I thought the updo and the green bow were kind of cute, just not for all the time.

Right after my makeover, I asked Mama for the Rite of Ascension. I didn’t want Watcher to think I wasn’t serious. And I wanted to get started on learning spells.

I started High School with a B, which was all I needed, but I did enough work to get an A anyway. I wanted to be a good example for my future kids. I got a Babysitting job at Level 2. The Wishing Well was so good to Marc, I thought I’d give it a try too. But I waited a day just in case two perfect answers in one day wasn’t possible. I was feeling great when I went to the well, and I gave a $5,000 simoleon offering and then tossed in my coin. The well was as good to me as it was to Marc! I maxed my Babysitter job without even going to work. To be honest I would have been happy to get a green response that would have me go to work and then get my promotion without waiting another week.

Maci threw my birthday party at the Park & Playground Out/In built by xMeeney. I’m not sure why she picked here - something about needing to throw parties in different places. At any rate, I’d say this guy is really underdressed.

I blew out my candles while Maci visited with the guests. We got her to gold on the party, and then ended it early. It was raining, and no one needed to see more of the naked umbrella guy.

Now that I was an adult, I started spending time at The Magic Realm. I did want to learn magic, but I also wanted to see if I might meet a handsome, single, male Spellcaster.  This is Cannon. He’s neat and loves dogs, and he’s kind of cute. But he’s also mean.

This is Conrad. His traits are vegetarian, perfectionist, bookworm.  He’s pretty nice, but he didn’t show a lot of interest - he kept wandering off when I tried to talk to him.

Then Maci threw her Spooky Party. She’s been quite the matchmaker. She introduced Mason to Shelley, and Marcus to Holly. And look who she invited for me! His name is Cameron (what is with all these guys with names starting with “C”?). He’s an active, family-oriented romantic. And get this, he’s a spellcaster! I don’t know where she found him, but I kinda' like him. He even looks like a Cordova, don’t you think?

The day after the Spooky Party, he called me. I was working out at the time. I didn’t realize that as soon as I said yes, I would be immediately whisked away. I didn’t even have time to change clothes.

Cameron didn’t seem to mind how I was dressed. We had so much fun chatting on the sidewalk, we never even made it inside!

I asked him if he had a girlfriend, and he said no, but he sure would like to, if it was me. And that’s how he became my boyfriend!

I was afraid that he might think I was being forward, going in for a kiss. But he knew just the right thing to say.

He came to Maci’s Black and White party, but we successfully stayed away from the camera that night. He was also there for Miles’s birthday when Miles became a teen. We snuck off to the gazebo for a little quiet time.

It seems like Miles wasn’t a teen for long. Cameron came to his YA birthday party too. Maci wanted us all to sing Karaoke on some new machine she got, but Cameron and I had a better way to spend our time.

Cameron came to Maci and Pierce’s wedding. It’s funny how we never run out of things to talk about. Cameron even talked about the kind of wedding he’d like to have. I was feeling brave, so I asked him if he wanted that to happen sooner or later. And he said, it couldn’t be too soon for him.

I’ve heard that Sims without Watchers can’t propose, so I took the initiative.

He said the only thing that could make this day better was if he had a Watcher so that he could have proposed to me. I told him that when he moves in with me, my Watcher will be his Watcher too.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/31/21) Chapter 14. Updates: Marigold
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2021, 06:24:13 PM »
Oh, Marigold! Your gorgeous genes together with Cameron's dashing genes!
I can't wait to meet their children!!!

Again, poor Maci and her neglected karaoke machine. 
She's done a bang-up job of matchmaking for her siblings, though, and deserves their gratitude in the form of a family karaoke fest.
C'mon, you ungrateful siblings of Maci!

P.S. It's hard to tell, but does Cameron have green eyes, too?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
Gorgeous couple. I am jealous now. The way you have been separating the updates for each kid is genius. Pure genuis.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2021, 11:31:07 PM »
Oh, Marigold! Your gorgeous genes together with Cameron's dashing genes!
I can't wait to meet their children!!!
Thank you - I feel like we got really lucky with him - 3 good traits, nice looks, spellcaster . . . Maci did good. I really had her out meeting people so she'd know some to invite to the parties - wasn't thinking of her finding matches for the others until she just started finding them.

Again, poor Maci and her neglected karaoke machine. 
Yes, well she did get that karaoke machine through ill-begotten means. She was a little busy in the closet anyway.

P.S. It's hard to tell, but does Cameron have green eyes, too?
Cameron's are blue actually.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2021, 11:34:01 PM »
Gorgeous couple. I am jealous now. The way you have been separating the updates for each kid is genius. Pure genuis.

Thanks, I'm glad you like this. I did it because I was way ahead on pictures as I didn't post while my machine was out being fixed. But I have another computer and had the backup, so I did play. I thought sorting the pics by person made sense since there were so many, and then it just worked to do the updates this way. I wasn't necessarily planning on continuing it this way, but it seems like people like it, so I might.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/31/21) Chapter 15. Updates: Miles
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2021, 11:57:48 PM »

Gen -2 Miles Cordova

As the youngest of the Gen 2 Cordovas, I was just a nooboo the last time you saw me. I’m a young adult in this picture, and if I’m totally honest, I kinda rushed my childhood. Stick around and read my story and you’ll understand why.

Daddy always loved it when I played with him. It was fun for me too.

Mama wasn’t as much fun, but looking back, I know it was because of her that I got a head start on all my childhood skills.

My birthday party was just the family, but I was fine with that.

Rambunctious Scamp suited me just fine. I loved playing on the pirate ship and the monkey bars.

I’m so glad Mama and Watcher gave Mari the Family Matters Big Dream. Mine is so much better. I love being outside and digging in the dirt. Mama and Mason gave me some perfect seeds to plant.

I’m sure you’ve heard about Maci’s Spooky Party by now. How she invited the perfect match for each of my brothers and sister. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t thinking about me with all that, but see this picture? This is the exact moment I first saw the woman I knew I’d marry. And no one even knew it but me.

Aren’t these roses beautiful? They are perfect red roses. When Mason gave me the seed to plant this bush, he said, “These will be important to you someday.” I didn’t know what he meant, but now I know exactly who I’m growing these for.

Maci threw me a birthday party at Myshuno Meadows. She doesn’t even know I got into her computer to check her invite list to make sure everyone important was on it.

I hear wardrobes can be very interesting at age up. But I think I came out looking pretty good. The hat suits me.

Finally, I got to talk to Summer without her looking at me like I was a child. I told her I wanted to be much more than good friends with her; that I had always wanted more. She said she wasn’t sure, that she cared about me a lot, but that I’m still so much younger than her. I reminded her how fast I’ve grown up, and assured her that I’d be a young adult within a few days. She said she’d still be older, but I told her about Mama’s Rejuvenation Potion and how she could go back to the beginning of her young adult days and we could live them out together.

I asked her to just promise to come to my Young Adult birthday party in a few days and leave the rest to me. She said she’d be there.

But look who showed up the next day! She said she’d been thinking about what I said.

We became best friends that day, and she promised that she’d be there when I became a young adult.

Yes! Finally time to blow out the candles.

I have been waiting so long to do this.

Maci will just have to do without us for Karaoke.

We have our own kind of music to make.

Oh, this was SO worth waiting for!

No way I’m letting Summer get away. I proposed right there on my birthday.

She said yes.

I was incredibly happy. I’m not sure why I chose just that moment to go outside, but I think it was a mistake. I got near the Camping Mascot Marc put out here when he was building up his art collection and I just started laughing. I couldn’t stop. Until I . . . .stopped.

Mama came out, but she started laughing too. And she couldn’t stop either.

And then he came.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2022, 12:17:20 AM »
My Financial Whiz also bought tne giant camping mascot while we lived in Sulani, but I had to stash it in home inventory.
My sims kept running over to view it and getting playful.

As for the post-birthday just-married Miles and his mother: WHHHAAAATTT!?!!?!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2022, 02:28:04 AM »
Oh no! This is not the sort of cliff-hanger I was hoping for! Getting married is so dangerous in Sims!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2022, 03:29:14 AM »
My Financial Whiz also bought tne giant camping mascot while we lived in Sulani, but I had to stash it in home inventory.
My sims kept running over to view it and getting playful.

As for the post-birthday just-married Miles and his mother: WHHHAAAATTT!?!!?!

Yeah, we'll be getting rid of that mascot.
Miles and Summer are actually engaged, not yet married. Everyone's engaged. Except Macie. She's married. LOL I didn't mean for that to all happen at once, it just worked out that way.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2022, 03:30:36 AM »
STOP!!! Grim go back from wince you came!!

Yes, I hate that sound you get when someone starts the dying process, and then the camera whips over to them and you're trying to figure out what the heck happened!

anything