Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42054 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 11/22/21)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 03:16:53 AM »
It's definitely the clay, LOL!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 12:47:59 AM »
Josette and Jaxson are such lovebirds.
I'm shocked that Simeon actually believed he could come between them, clay or not. Haha.
They're both doing so well!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 11:20:27 AM »
HAhaha, poor Simon.
Always the best man, and never the groom. I need to get some posts up. I feel so behind. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 06:06:22 PM »

Jaxson and Josette went to Discotheque Pan Europa for some dancing. They wanted to get drinks first, and then Jaxson thought he'd go watch the dancers.

One dancer in particular got a little too close for Josette’s comfort. Josette slid by her and said quietly, “Move it or lose it sister”. She took hold of Jaxson’s hand and just kept walking while he scrambled to get up. 

Josette had a plan for making sure her man’s attention didn’t stray. (She didn’t even need so much as a nudge from Watcher!)

While Jaxson was taking his last finals and Josette was in the Magic Realm learning her last spells, Bessie-Lou the cowplant grew up, completing Josette’s unnecessary but desired Freelance Botanist aspiration.

Josette is the only family member who came to graduation. Maybe that’s because family members aren’t allowed in the graduation! Whoever heard of that!

She waited patiently until Jaxson came back out, and laughed as he and his fellow graduates threw their caps in the air. Odd that they didn’t come back down . . .
Josette: Oh, Jax, I am so proud of you!
Jaxson: I’m just glad to be done. Now we can finally get married!

Jax: “Look Josie! I managed to squeeze these onto the bedroom wall. But once we get married and move, we’ll have a bigger house with an office, and I’ll hang them there.”
Josie: “Ummmm  . . . about that . . . .”
Jax: “About what?”
Josie: “There’s a little snafu with the venue . . . . it won’t be available for awhile. And the benefits we have with a small house have been really nice. I have some perfect pants now, so I’m not as concerned about the plant benefits, but the skill gains could come in really handy with toddlers.”
Jax (grinning): “Toddlers? Ok, here’s the plan. You find a new venue. I’ll figure out the house.”

Josie stood there for some time contemplating whether to take the cake. Ultimately, she decided to just feed Bessie-Lou . .  . this time.

Josie must have put in the wrong ingredient, and received the Curse of Repulsiveness for her mistake.
Watcher: “Is it just me, or is she still pretty cute even with the Curse?”

On the first day of Summer, they broke out the waterslide.
Jaxson: “Wheeeeeee!”

Jaxson: “Oooooof”

And just before Josie took her turn, the curse came back.

Josie needed an angelfish to make the Potion of Curse Cleansing, so she ran across the street to try and catch one.
Fishing Girl: “Wow! You must really be a fan to go green all over! That is so brave!”
Josie: “Yep, that’s me. Big fan.”

Josie finally caught an angelfish and ran home to make the potion, stopping just long enough to change clothes.

Josie challenged several spellcasters to duels over the next couple of days, and won most of them. Finally getting the Master Duelist perk really helped. She got all the rare artifacts she needed to complete the Wand, Orb and Brooms collections.

Jax: “So, you’ve maxed your Floral Designer career . . . have you found a new venue?”
Josie: “As a matter of fact, I have.”
Jax: “Then, Josette Flavio, will you please finally marry me?”
Josie (coyly): “Well I don’t know, Jaxson Cordova. Have you figured out the house?”
Jax: “As a matter of fact, I have.”

Josie: “Then yes, I will marry you.”
Jax: “Right now?”
Josie (laughing): “It’s 5:30 in the morning.”
Jax: “5:30 in the morning is a perfect time to get married!”
Josie: “How about this afternoon?”

Meanwhile . . .

As the lovebirds were planning their Big Day, something quite interesting was happening back in Oasis Springs.

Lydia: “Quentin?! What in the world are you doing at my door?”
Quentin: “Lydia, please, give me five minutes. Just five minutes. Please.”
Lydia: “Five minutes. But outside. I won’t have you in my house.”
Quentin: “Fine, we can sit out here and talk.”

Lydia: “Are you sure you want to be this close to me? Aren’t you afraid my Spellcaster filth will rub off on you?”
Quentin: “Oh Lydia, I am so sorry I said that. Those were my father’s words, not mine. They never should have come out of my mouth. I never meant them. I was just young . . . and stupid . . . and scared. And did I say stupid?”
Lydia (smiling very slightly): “You did. But why are you here now?”

Quentin: “Josette is getting married.”
Lydia: “How do you even know that?”
Quentin: “I have ways. I couldn’t just let you two leave and never know how you were. What your life was like. If you needed things.”

Lydia: “If we needed things? Yes, Quentin, we needed things. I needed a husband who would love me as much as he said he did. Josette needed a father to teach her and guide her in life. We needed what you promised, but where were you? Not here.”

Quentin: "I know Lydia. I should have been there. But she's getting married . . . "
Lydia: "Yes, she's getting married. So, what? You think you’re going to swoop in and be met by open arms and walk her down the aisle?”
Quentin: “No. I mean, that’s a great fantasy, but, no. I know that’s not going to happen. I’m just concerned.”

Lydia: “You have a problem with Jaxson?”
Quentin: “No, not with him actually. It’s just that he now owns Olde Mill Hill. Your Aunt and Uncle’s old place. And I understand they plan to move there after the wedding. That will set off a chain of events that must end with the end of my father.”

Lydia: “The end of your father? Quentin, what are you talking about?”
Quentin: “Agatha Crumplebottom explained it all to me. It’s why she told me your name and where you were staying. It’s why she gave me an errand to get me up to your Uncle’s place. She knew we were meant for each other. She just didn’t know that when it came down to it, I would be such a coward. Afraid of my father. Willing to give up everything important to me because of my fear. She thought I was better. But I wasn’t.”
Lydia: “I always thought she knew more than she was telling. But I still don’t understand what you said about the end of your father.”
Quentin: “Agatha knew what my father was up to. He wasn’t running off the Spellcasters . . . he was enslaving them, using them, and then killing them. He hated them because he couldn’t be one. No sage would make him a Spellcaster. He knew nothing of Josette until he met Simeon Silverwater. Simeon unknowingly led him to Josette, and the minute my father saw her, he knew who she was. He promised to leave her alone if Simeon made him a Spellcaster. And Simeon did it. He thought he was protecting Josette, but my father will never leave her alone.”

Lydia: “Josette is in danger?!?”
Quentin: “Yes, but the sages are protecting her. And even though Simeon is no longer a sage because of this, he is still very strong. And he is watching her closely. She is safe for now. But when she moves to Henford-on-Bagley, my father will come for her. Probably not right away, but he will come. He knows the only one who can defeat him must be descended from a Maxwell and a Flavio. This is what Agatha knew. This is why she needed to bring us together. So Josette could be born and grow up to defeat him. She won’t be alone, but the final strike must be hers.”
Lydia: “What if the sages aren’t strong enough to protect her.”
Quentin: “The sages are very strong, Lydia. But it won’t be just them.”
Lydia: “What do you mean?”
Quentin: “Maybe I should show you.”

Lydia’s eyes opened wide and she burst out, “You’re a Spellcaster!?”

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 11/28/21)
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 06:34:30 PM »
Josette's really sailing through all her Big Dream requirements. Go, Josie!
Grats to jaxon on his recently-earned degree. Could Jax look any more gorgeous in his graduation portrait?
Oh, huge plot twist with Quentin...where will it lead?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2021, 11:29:59 PM »
OMG!!! What a twist!! I never saw that coming. What will happen??

Well, the wedding is put on hold?? hmm... makes me want to get my two hitched and soon. I need to play tomorrow. Today was a wash.. but i will update tomorrow.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 10:18:08 AM »
OMG!!! What a twist!! I never saw that coming. What will happen??

Well, the wedding is put on hold?? hmm... makes me want to get my two hitched and soon. I need to play tomorrow. Today was a wash.. but i will update tomorrow.

The wedding's not on hold - it's coming in Chapter 5. I picked a different venue for this one, and plan to use yours for Gen 2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »
Wow! Does Quentin's Dad know he's a spellcaster? Does he still have feelings for Lydia? So many questions!!!!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 02:34:08 PM »
Wow! Does Quentin's Dad know he's a spellcaster?
Time will tell.

Does he still have feelings for Lydia? So many questions!!!!
Maybe, but is she ready to hear that?

Did you catch that Simeon is no longer a sage because he made Quentin's father a Spellcaster?  More to come . . .

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 01:13:27 AM »

Watcher: “Josette Flavio! That is your wedding cake! It is NOT for eating at 10 am the day of your wedding!”
Jax: “Ignore that Sweetie. I’ll bake another one. No problem.”

Quentin: “Thank you Lydia, for permitting me to come to the wedding.”
Lydia: “Just remember your promise - Josette and Jaxson can’t see you. You must remain hidden.”
Quentin: “Understood. What exactly have you told her about me?”

Lydia: “Oh, Josette, you are the most beautiful bride ever.”
Josie (laughing): “You may be a little prejudiced, but thank you.”
Lydia: “I am so happy for you and Jaxson. You are just perfect together.”
Josie: “I can’t imagine my life without him.”

Simeon: “I’ll continue to stay close, but she’s getting suspicious about why I’m around so much. She might be starting to think I’m hitting on her.”
Yua: “Maybe you need a disguise.”

L. Faba: “You shouldn’t go to Granite Falls.”
Morgyn: “I’ll see if Agatha can help.”

Lydia: “Well I think you should get going. Your handsome groom is waiting for you.”

Jax: “Oh, my! I have the most beautiful bride in the entire Simverse.”
Josie (chuckling): “And I have the most handsome groom.”

Jax: “I can’t not kiss you right now.”

Jax: “I promise to love you forever, to protect you always, to drink any potion you give me, and to always be there to bake another cake.”
Josie: “I promise to laugh at your jokes, to appreciate your art, to read all your books, and to never stop loving you.”

First Married Kiss

Jax (grinning): “How about a little more cake, honey?”
Josie: “Funny.  But seriously, thank you for whipping up a new one so quickly. It just looked so good for breakfast, I couldn’t help myself.”

Jax: “Perfect! No fork in the eyeball for either of us!”
Josie: “Mmmm, Jax, this cake is perfection! Even better than the first one.”
Jax (grinning): “Good thing I made two then.”

Josie: “Is it just me or does it seem like a certain someone is just always . . . right there?”
Jax: “It’s not just you. But I think he’s harmless. Maybe he’s just really lonely now that he’s not a sage. I haven’t even seen him in the Magic Realm any of the times we’ve been there.”

Alexander Maxwell (in black) to henchman: “How appropriate that my idiot son would lead me right to her. And on her wedding day no less.”
Henchman (laughing): “I can’t wait to see his face when he finds out.”
Alexander: “Get in there and mingle. See if you can find out where they’re going on their honeymoon.”
Henchman: “Sure thing, Boss.”

Jax: “Josie was right about this punch fountain. Filling the cup is really fun, and the punch is good too.”

Josie: “Oh, I am so glad Jax insisted on the chocolate fountain! Who doesn’t love a chocolate-covered strawberry on their wedding day?”

L Faba: “Quentin! Does Lydia know you’re here?”
Quentin: “Yes. She didn’t want me to come, but she finally agreed, as long as I don’t let Josette see me.”
L. Faba (eyebrows raised): “Josette knows what you look like?”
Quentin: “No, but Lydia thinks anyone Josette doesn’t know might raise questions.”
L. Faba: “Ok, well, none of us think he’ll show up here today. Too many Spellcasters here ready to fight him. But we should remain vigilant, just in case.”

Jax: “Josie, my love, this song is for you.”

Josie: “Today has been perfect! I am so excited for us and our future.”
Jax: “Yes, it has been perfect. Golden, even.”
Josie: “It was your amazing serenade that did it.”
Jax: “I think it was the amazing and beautiful bride.”

Watcher Note: The wedding venue is called Rosy Wedding Venue by kwuzzle.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2021, 01:28:46 AM »
Wow, wow, wow! Such a stunning couple!

I'm enjoying the story so much, I keep forgetting they're doing their Big Dreams too! And the cliffhangers! I'm really concerned about their honeymoon with that henchman hanging around.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »
Wow, wow, wow! Such a stunning couple!
Thank you! I just adore them - they are so cute together. Every time they go to talk to each other, they always give a kiss first. It's just too adorable.  ;D

I'm enjoying the story so much, I keep forgetting they're doing their Big Dreams too! And the cliffhangers! I'm really concerned about their honeymoon with that henchman hanging around.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's fun to do. I love that we are playing on long - I feel like I can take time to do extra stuff. That said, everything with Lydia and the Maxwells, and some of the stuff with sages all have to be done in a separate file since Lydia and the Maxwells aren't actually in my BDD game, and the sages just sometimes have to be controlled.  ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 03:19:24 PM »
That said, everything with Lydia and the Maxwells, and some of the stuff with sages all have to be done in a separate file since Lydia and the Maxwells aren't actually in my BDD game, and the sages just sometimes have to be controlled.  ;)

I don't have Realm of Magic so I don't always pick up what they're doing. It looks fun but I'm trying not to buy any more packs until I feel I've properly explored the ones I've already got. I don't think I'll ever get the Vampires though - it would probably give me nightmares - all that creeping around, lol!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/1/21)
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »
What a perfect wedding for your perfect couple!
You chose the perfect wedding venue, too.  They deserved the splendor of that wedding altar area.

Ooooh, that intriguing side plot.  What does Maxwell have planned? 
Lol, Simeon! Josette thinks you've been hitting on her, because you have. 🤣🤣🤣
So enjoying this story, Watcher.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (Updated 12/1/21)
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:59 PM »
What a perfect wedding for your perfect couple!
You chose the perfect wedding venue, too.  They deserved the splendor of that wedding altar area.

Ooooh, that intriguing side plot.  What does Maxwell have planned? 
Lol, Simeon! Josette thinks you've been hitting on her, because you have. 🤣🤣🤣
So enjoying this story, Watcher.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it - this has been really fun. I really liked this wedding venue - The only changes I made were to remove some tables/chairs - there were a lot more than are needed for the number of guests you can have, and I added the cake table and a microphone. The only other change was to trade out two benches for loveseats so I could change the lot type from generic to lounge.

Maxwell is a fiend. But he will get what's coming to him. Josie will make sure of that!