Author Topic: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (5/10 Completed)  (Read 42010 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (3/6/23 Chapter 32. A Rat Tick)
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2023, 08:06:42 AM »
A Watcher is a helmet for your life.  That was amazing!  And a rat tick.  Oh good heavens I enjoyed that one, and I enjoyed how much she just embraced it as her own once she figured out it wasn't what the other kids were actually saying  :=)  Yes, Quinn is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see where her underground bunker adventures will take her!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2023, 09:17:52 AM »

Hm, I'm not really familiar with all the types of Big Dreams there are . . . I wonder what could *require* an erratic and a paranoid sim?? Quinn and Dorian obviously make such a cute pairing. Both just really lovely looking sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2023, 09:55:45 AM »
Quinn aged up into a gorgeous sim in the tradition of every Cordova woman!   StrangerVille, eh?
So....if Colt grew his hair out, he'd be a ginger? 
Dorian Sigworth has Dylan's good looks and Jessie's big eyes.  Is he their son, their grandson, or?
He's certainly an attractive sim and a great match for both Quinn's genes and her BD! :D

I'm curious about Dorian's phone call to Cassie (lol at the club's activities).
Did she ask to be just friends or ghost him?  And how cool it didn't result in an empty romance bar!
It was a possible disaster, but expertly averted by their Watcher!

That Jace is the son of the premade Tartosa family, the Laurents. 
I'd never noticed he'd written one of the bottled messages, so thank you for sharing that with us!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2023, 10:23:52 AM »
@oshizu if Colt grew his hair out it would be black. His mom amd dad both have black hair. Sorry. @GlazeyLady is it okay if I use the rat tick?? Lol that was so funny

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2023, 05:43:03 PM »
@oshizu if Colt grew his hair out it would be black. His mom amd dad both have black hair. Sorry. @GlazeyLady is it okay if I use the rat tick?? Lol that was so funny
@sdhoey Of course you can use the rat tick! I'm glad you thought it was funny - it actually made me laugh too, when I thought of it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2023, 05:18:10 PM »
Quinn's hair is a glorious shade and I love all her hats. Dorian Sigworth is a rather gorgeous paranoid. What a good match. Looking forward to seeing Quinn's new home/bunker if she can find it!
I love red hair and hats! I've never had red hair - born a blonde that darkened as I aged, but that is now blonde again (ok, I make that blonde happen, but it is pretty much my initial "normal" color).

A Watcher is a helmet for your life.  That was amazing!  And a rat tick.  Oh good heavens I enjoyed that one, and I enjoyed how much she just embraced it as her own once she figured out it wasn't what the other kids were actually saying  :=)  Yes, Quinn is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see where her underground bunker adventures will take her!
I'm glad you enjoyed it - this kind of stuff invades my brain all the time - I used to singsong to my kids all the time - silly little rhyming things. Now my granddaughters get it. I may be a bit of a Rat Tick myself.  ;)  I blame/credit that to being an Aquarian.

Hm, I'm not really familiar with all the types of Big Dreams there are . . . I wonder what could *require* an erratic and a paranoid sim?? Quinn and Dorian obviously make such a cute pairing. Both just really lovely looking sims.
Those are required traits for the "Savior of Strangerville" Big Dream that involves solving the Strangerville mystery and eliminating the Mother Plant, along with other related tasks.

Quinn aged up into a gorgeous sim in the tradition of every Cordova woman!   StrangerVille, eh?
So....if Colt grew his hair out, he'd be a ginger? 
I don't remember what color her hair was initially; I just decided it was time for a redhead.

Dorian Sigworth has Dylan's good looks and Jessie's big eyes.  Is he their son, their grandson, or?
He's certainly an attractive sim and a great match for both Quinn's genes and her BD! :D
His family tree shows parents, but the images are just profiles greyed out - so there are parents, but the game isn't telling me who they are. He does have five siblings and a son (but isn't even acquaintances with the son's mother). Thank you neighborhood stories! Speaking of that, I have those turned off now, but there is still an option at the mailbox to view neighborhood stories, and when I braved a click, it told me about something happening to a Sim - so does that mean that even if it's off, if you click it they will come?

I'm curious about Dorian's phone call to Cassie (lol at the club's activities).
Did she ask to be just friends or ghost him?  And how cool it didn't result in an empty romance bar!
It was a possible disaster, but expertly averted by their Watcher!
She chose "Let's just be friends" so maybe that helped avert the pink bar? I don't know, but he didn't have any hurt sentiment or anything, so, yes, disaster averted. (Thankfully.)

That Jace is the son of the premade Tartosa family, the Laurents. 
I'd never noticed he'd written one of the bottled messages, so thank you for sharing that with us!
You're welcome - there are 20 different messages in all; I tried to share the ones I found most interesting/fun. That was a pretty easy collection, thank you for recommending it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/9/23 Chapter 33. DIE Mother!)
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2023, 10:21:43 PM »

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

Colt Cordova-Brooks, having completed his Wolfie Big Dream and given up his werewolf ways, moved to Tartosa with his lovely wife and Cordova heir, Cassie. They had a beautiful red-haired, erratic and paranoid daughter, Quinn. Quinn grew into a lovely teen with a fondness for hats, boots and Dorian Sigworth. As a teen, she moved away from Tartosa and into a bunker in Strangerville. We left her just as she located the lot and went in search of the entrance to her new home.

Quinn: Oh here you are, Entrance to My New Home! I thought I’d never find you!

Quinn: “Hi Curio Shop Lady! How are you today? Do you know much about Strangerville? I have a lot to do here! Will you be my Best Friend? It’s really important for you to say yes.”
Isis Heck: “Whoa There! That’s a lot all at once!”
Quinn, giggling: “Yeah.”
Isis: “I’m doing great today, thanks for asking. I do know some things about Strangerville. If you have a lot to do here, you’re going to need supplies so you came to the right place. And what’s this about being your best friend?”
Quinn: “It’s a long story . . . “
Isis: “Imagine that! Just jump to the end.”
Quinn: “I want to take your picture.”
Isis: “Not a chance! Around here, folks aren't crazy about having our likeness in print; we don’t let just anyone take our picture.”
Quinn: “Me too! I’m paranoid too! I’m a paranoid rat tick, and I promise to give you the pictures after I take them. I don’t need to keep them, I just need to take them so we can be best friends and then I can be an adult.”
Isis: “I’m sure that makes sense in some universe. But no. We can cloudgaze and chat, and you can call me your best friend, but no pictures.”

Dorian: “You were sure gone a long time! I almost ate the cake!”
Quinn: “Isis, the curio shop lady, is paranoid like us and she wouldn’t let me take her picture. So I had to make friends with her the old-fashioned way. You know, talking and stuff.”
Dorian: “It’s lucky the principal gave you the day off on your first day of high school. Now you’ll graduate without ever having to go to high school.”
Quinn: “I don’t need high school anyway. All I have to do is outsmart a plant now and after that, at some point, a baby. I think I can handle that just fine.”
Dorian: “Don’t forget to make a wish!”
Quinn: “Watcher says I should wish for just one baby. That won’t be for quite a while, but maybe I should do what she says.”
Dorian: “Don’t tell me! It won’t come true if you tell me!”

Quinn (singsong): Find some clues and examine the door, be a personal spy so you can do more!

Quinn: “Wow, look at me go! I bet I’ve done about a hundred pushups already!”
Drew Beckett, Military jerk: “Actually, you’re on number 4, and I’m not impressed! Whatever it is you need, you won't be getting it from me.”

Quinn: “I’m so glad we could become such good friends, Scientist Lady! Now I really need you to make me a spore filter.”
Rhea McKinley, Scientist: “Well, seeing as how we’re such good friends and all . . . sure, I’ll make you one. Just don’t tell anybody where you got it.”

Colt: “Young man, you said you were inviting us over for dinner because Quinn missed us and you wanted to surprise her, and now we find out there were ulterior motives?”
Dorian: “Well . . . ummm . . . sir . . . it’s true I needed to host a silver dinner party for my aspiration, but, in all fairness, Quinn did just say she really wanted to talk to the two of you.”
Colt: “Uh-huh. About fighting this Mother Plant that even the military hasn’t been able to take out.”
Quinn: “You know what, never mind. If you’re okay with your little girl going in there all alone . . .“
Dorian: “You won’t be alone Quinn! I’m coming with you no matter what!”
Quinn (in a harsh whisper): “Hush!”
Cassie: “No, you won’t be alone, my darling. I’ll be there too. We’ll take this Mother down.”
Colt: “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know what you’re doing. You know I won’t let my girls go in without me.”
Quinn: “Thanks! I knew I could count on you!”

Quinn (singing): “We’re taking down the Mother Plant. She hasn’t got a chance. And when she’s dead, and we have won, we’ll all sing and dance!”

Quinn: “Wow! That was unexpected! And you aren’t even a Rat Tick!”
Dorian: “Quinn, I know you said you don’t have time for romance until the Mother Plant is defeated, but I need you to know how I feel. And I need to know if you feel the same way.”
Quinn: “Well, yeah.”
Dorian: “Yeah what?”
Quinn: “Yeah that.”
Dorian: “Yeah I need to know how you feel, or yeah you feel the same way?”
Quinn: “Yeah, I love you too, silly boy.”

Quinn: “You’re so pretty. It’s really mean for you to be so pretty so we will like you when really you’re trying to take us all over. But your Mother didn’t count on running into the Cordovas! She’s not going to win. And you’re all going to die. And I’m a little sad about that because you’re so pretty.”

Fetia Akana: “You threw a drink in my face!”
Quinn: “Well, yeah, but don’t you feel better now?”
Fetia Akana: “Actually, yes, I do. I never thought I’d thank someone for throwing a drink in my face, but here we are.”
Quinn, grinning: “Glad I could help!”

Quinn: “Oh . . . wow . . . the purple! The purple is everywhere!”
Colt: “DIE Mother! MWAHAHAHA!”
Dorian: “We won! We won!”
Cassie: “Of course we won, silly boy.”
Dorian: “Why does everyone keep calling me that?

Dorian: “The Mother is dead. Time for us to really start living  . . . living our married life, that is. Say yes.”
Quinn: “Yes.”

Quinn: “Is someone over there?”
Dorian: “Who’s watching us?”

Quinn: “Are we really alone?”
Dorian: “I don’t see anyone, except your Mom and Dad.”
Quinn: “Oh, yeah, that’s who’s watching us.”

Quinn: “Until death do us part.”
Dorian: “No, not even that will part us.”

Quinn: “YAH!”
Dorian: “Blocked you!”

Quinn: “Watch your head!”
Dorian: “You watch my head!”

Quinn: “Thanks for sparring with me.”
Dorian: “Anything to help further your military career.”
Quinn: “I didn’t know you cared so much about my military career.”
Dorian: “Well, actually, I don’t. I care about the baby that you insist on waiting for until after you reach the top of your military career.”

Quinn: “Come on! Now that I’m level 9 in my career, I want to show you something . . . in space!”
Dorian: “Are you sure it’s safe?”
Quinn: “Of course it is. And it’s fun too! You’ll see.”

Dorian: “Woo-hoo!”
Quinn: “Told you it would be fun.”

Dorian (whispering): ‘Where’d you find her?”
Quinn (whispering back): “She was just wandering by. I said hello, but I guess I forgot to lock the door, and she just came in, went to the fridge and got it all by herself. Should we stop her?”
Dorian (still whispering): “Heck no! It’s not like we forced her to eat that poor quality Pufferfish Nigiri you made exactly for this purpose!”
Quinn (also still whispering): “She’s really shoveling it in.”
Dorian (to Kamryn): “How are you feeling over there? Enjoying the Nigiri?”
Kamryn: “I’m feeling great! And the Nigiri is really delicious!”

Rowan: “You wouldn’t be trying to poison me, would you?”
Quinn: “Of course not! Whyever would you think that?”
Rowan: “Because you practically grabbed me off the street to come in and eat with you, and then you serve me Pufferfish Nigiri, which everyone knows can be deadly, and which, I notice, you are not also eating.”
Quinn: “I’m not eating because, as you can see, I am very pregnant, and I just can’t eat fish right now. But you can be sure it’s perfectly safe. Why, Kamryn Davenport was here just yesterday, and she had some and said it was delicious.”
Rowan: “And she’s still alive?”
Quinn: “Of course she is! Would I be giving it to you if she wasn't? Of course I wouldn't.”

Dorian: “What happened to our bunker?!?”
Quinn: “Watcher happened, I suppose. Now that my Big Dream is done, and we have a baby on the way, I guess she thought we needed a real house.”
Dorian: “I’m glad. You could use some cheering up.”
Quinn: “Two failures in a row! I was hoping Kamryn was just immune somehow. But Rowan said the Pufferfish Nigiri was fit for a King! His exact words! I guess I should have wished for deadly Pufferfish Nigiri when I blew out my candles instead of . . .”
Dorian: “Don’t tell me! It won’t come true if you tell me. Unless it’s already come true.”
Quinn: “It hasn’t. But I’m sure it will. But let’s not eat the Pufferfish, just in case.”
Dorian: "We won't. And don't worry, I'm sure we'll find a way for me to meet Grim and chat him up about grilled cheese."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2023, 10:44:37 PM »
Wow, one update and one Big Dream completed!  Way to go, Quinn!
The handsome Dorian seems to be making good progress with his Big Dream as well.
The new house is adorable!
Quinn and Dorian are such attractive sims, we know their offspring will be gorgeous, too!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2023, 02:44:54 AM »
The symmetrical erratics getting married! Classic! And I love Quinn's little ditties. Nooboos next  :D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2023, 06:54:31 AM »
Hooray!!  More Cordova time is always a joy  :=)
So sad that the pufferfish didn't do the trick, but everything else seems to be working out so very nicely for the Rat Tick crew  :=)
I loved the part where Quinn was trying to talk smack to the plant but kept coming back around to how pretty it was.  And then when they duped poor Colt into helping with the attack on the Mother was just fantastic!  Great stuff all around!!!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2023, 11:04:27 AM »

Oh my goodness, the shots of them at the alter are just too, too good! :D Love it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2023, 07:16:07 PM »
Wow, one update and one Big Dream completed!  Way to go, Quinn!
The handsome Dorian seems to be making good progress with his Big Dream as well.
The new house is adorable!
Quinn and Dorian are such attractive sims, we know their offspring will be gorgeous, too!
Triggering a death is always tricky for me . . . the things that are supposed to do it so often just . . . . don't. But I am sure Watcher will figure something out to get Dorian to the completion of his Big Dream.
Thank you for the kind words about the house - it is from the gallery - called 316 Happy Lane by ThisSimsHouse, with a few changes of course to prepare for the baby.

The symmetrical erratics getting married! Classic! And I love Quinn's little ditties. Nooboos next  :D
I'm glad you enjoy them. I used to sing little made-up ditties to my boys, and now to their girls. So writing these has been fun.

Hooray!!  More Cordova time is always a joy  :=)
So sad that the pufferfish didn't do the trick, but everything else seems to be working out so very nicely for the Rat Tick crew  :=)
I loved the part where Quinn was trying to talk smack to the plant but kept coming back around to how pretty it was.  And then when they duped poor Colt into helping with the attack on the Mother was just fantastic!  Great stuff all around!!!
As I mentioned above, triggering a death when I want it seems so difficult, but having it happen when I don't want it? Not so hard. Why is that?
I do love my little Rat Tick! She's really fun to write for and about.

I would never be one to press for an update from anyone, given how long my absences sometimes are - I know how life intervenes. So I'll just say that the Cordovas and I are waiting patiently for a TookALot update, to get the answer to the questions that keep Mari's ghost awake at night, roaming the Cordova Cemetery. Questions like:
  • Where will Ezzy's "bid imidinatun" take her?
  • Will the Chaza nose make to the very end?
  • Will Legolas ever get his Orc sighting?
Until we know, we wonder.  :)

Oh my goodness, the shots of them at the alter are just too, too good! :D Love it.
Thank you - I thought they were so cute! I'm sure that everyone who's played a couple that are both paranoid probably have shots just like this, but this is my first time playing with those traits, and I love these "unique" shots when all my other at-the-arch pictures seem so much the same.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty (4/11/23 Chapter 34. Too Cute)
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2023, 12:49:20 AM »

Previously, in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty . . .

Quinn completed her Big Dream, Savior of Strangerville, went out with her husband, Dorian, to celebrate and came home to find a brand new house in place of the bunker they’d been living in. Quinn surmised that Watcher built the house because Quinn and Dorian are expecting a baby, and Watcher wanted a house for the new arrival. And Watcher felt she owed Quinn and Dorian a gift for making them wait to have their baby until Infants were introduced into the Sim universe. Watcher was excited to have an infant in the family. That was an infant. As in one.

Quinn: Meet Daphne, Delilah and Destiny, our beautiful triplets.

Quinn: Daphne resembles me the most, with my face shape, skin tone and hair color, and with my mom’s eye color. Delilah is more of a mix of Dorian and I, with a face shape that is a blend, my skin tone and hair color, and our shared eye color. Destiny most resembles Dorian, with his skin tone and hair color, along with our shared blue eyes.

Quinn: “Where’s Dad? He called and said you were both coming.”
Cassie: “I don’t really know. I thought he was right behind me. I guess he changed his mind.”
Quinn: “You don’t really need to stay. I’m sure Dorian and I can handle it.”
Cassie: “No way I’m going to miss my granddaughters’ first week! Besides, there are three of them. You and Dorian would be out-numbered.”
Quinn: “They’re babies. How hard can it be?”
Cassie (laughing): “Right. Let’s talk about that again in a few days.”

Quinn: “Mom, why don’t you put Destiny on the play mat so she can look at her toys?”
Cassie: “I will in a bit. Right now she just wants to be held.”

Quinn (singing): Rock-a-bye my baby, go to sleep. I’ll be really quiet, I won’t make a peep. I’ll hold you and I’ll rock you and I will not frown when you wake up crying as I put you down.”

Daphne finds her toes.

Tummy Time brings a mix of smiles and tears, but is essential to the Hold Head Up milestone.

Destiny is all smiles at this new view of the world she didn’t have laying on her back.

Sweet Daphne didn’t develop the best quirks, but she is adorable and she did learn to sit up before her sisters.

Destiny is a little wobbly, while Delilah loves grabbing her toys, especially when Daddy’s watching.

Daphne adds Picky Eater to Happy Spitter and Feeding Tinkler. Maybe she'll grow out of these.

The girls’ toddler birthday brings many more activities, like stories read by Grandma Cassie.

Delilah also developed Picky Eater as an infant, and from the looks of things, it’s carried over into toddlerhood.

Destiny is all smiles, especially when she’s active.

Daphne (side-knots and bows) autonomously initiated this sister-hug. Hopefully all three sisters will grow up to have great compatibility with each other.

Delilah is a bit of a Daddy’s girl, and loves it when Daddy makes time to play with her.

Daphne explained it all to Uni the unicorn, “I’m dis bid, and yure dat bid. But I will dit bidder, and you won’t. So I will be bidder dan you.”

Destiny turned to Uni for sympathy, “An I was in da balls and paying, and den she dis jumped in and made da balls go ebeywhere! An den she went in an I had to dit all da balls an put em bat so I could pay aden. And Mommy didn’t eben care. Oh, Uni, yure da ony one dat undertans. I yub you.”

Quinn: “The green square was happy being green and square. Until it saw the purple triangle. And the next thing she knew, the purple was everywhere and she could barely remember her own name . . . oh, wait, no, that’s a different thing. I’ll tell you about that when you’re older.”

Quinn: “Who is that? And why is she digging in our trash?”
Dorian: “I don’t know. Never saw her before.”

Quinn: “Oh no she DID NOT!”
Dorian: “Did not what?”
Quinn: “She just kicked over our trash can!”
Dorian: “I thought you said she did not.”
Quinn: “Right. Meaning she did.”
Dorian: “Women are so confusing. But I’ll go talk to her.”
Quinn: “No no. Let me handle this.”

Quinn (ever so sweetly): “Well, hello. You must be our neighbor. I don’t think we’ve met.”
Adelynn: “I’m Adelyn Caliente. I was just going to knock on your door to tell you . . . it looks like someone kicked over your trash can.”
Quinn: “Oh, yes, it does, doesn’t it? I wonder who would do that?”
Adelynn: “You just never know do you? It could have been anyone.”
Quinn: “Right. You know, Adelyn, I’ve been cooped up in this house with three babies, my husband and my mother for several days. I could use some girl talk. What do you say? Friends?”
Adelyn: “Sure, I guess. I could use a new friend.”
Quinn: “Here let me get a selfie of us. And you know, I hear my toddler crying, so I have to go. But I’ll call you. I’m working on a little . . . project . . . with my husband, fulfilling a dream of his. A Big Dream. He just has one thing left to do. And we could really use your help with it.”
Adelyn: “Sounds great! Call me!”

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2023, 02:08:30 AM »
I see Quinn has inherited Colts methods of pay-back. I never really understand the random bin-kicking. I know it's sometimes because they're angry but just as often they're not.
The triplets are gorgeous and it looks like the new pack is fun. But 3 big dreams in the next gen....oh...that wasn't the plan? (asks innocently) ;D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2023, 09:24:58 AM »
I see Quinn has inherited Colts methods of pay-back. I never really understand the random bin-kicking. I know it's sometimes because they're angry but just as often they're not.
The triplets are gorgeous and it looks like the new pack is fun. But 3 big dreams in the next gen....oh...that wasn't the plan? (asks innocently) ;D

They haven't been in this house very long, but Adelyn was the third person to come up onto their back deck and rummage through their trash. I've never had that happen so frequently before. Adelyn was the first to actually kick the trashcan over.

Yes, my Cordovas have quite the knack for triplets when it most inconveniences Watcher!