Author Topic: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty  (Read 26179 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2022, 09:37:39 PM »
Her kid brother had the same issue with social butterfly that her sister did. The family eventually went to Windenburg, he was able to do it there, then we went home. When we got home it appeared that all the kids dropped all progress made in all 4 childhood aspirations for about a second, but then they regained their progress. Seems all right now. Advice on getting the character traits into range, please. Mum and dad are teaching two of the kids to say please, sorry and thank you and the other two are playing at doctors then they swap with the occasional try to fix bad relationship thrown in for good measure.

Are there some that are best to leave to teenhood to work on?

Also does teen part time jobs drop them from scouts, or can they keep scouts while working part time?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2022, 02:11:09 AM »
Advice on getting the character traits into range, please. Mum and dad are teaching two of the kids to say please, sorry and thank you and the other two are playing at doctors then they swap with the occasional try to fix bad relationship thrown in for good measure.
Which characters are you referring to in particular?
*Good manners; i sent my child sim into the neighborhood in a Happy mood where they do Friend Introductions and Heartfelt Compliments.
  Setting the table also helps.  Be sure to have parents Encourage them after character-building actions.
*Responsible: homework/extra credit, school projects, brushing teeth
*Mediator: I always get this done in the child stage by having parents/adults Teach to say sorry.  Earning mediator as a teen is iffy and time-consuming.
*Empathy: doctors kit, but only if the child has nothing better to do. 

Are there some that are best to leave to teenhood to work on?
Personally, I try to get required character values in range during the child stage; that is, I try not to leave the brunt of character-building for the teen stage.
The exception is the Compassionate trait, which is rather easy for teens because they can go volunteering alone.

Also does teen part time jobs drop them from scouts, or can they keep scouts while working part time?
Your teen sim must choose between being a scout or holding a part-time job; they can't hold both concurrently.
If your sim has already started on their scout badges, I'd have them finish the scout requirement first.

Actually, Carl's guide page on the Parenthood pack no doubt includes all the tips I've shared above.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2022, 01:02:56 PM »
Thank you Oshizu,
Which characters are you referring to in particular?
All of them to be honest.
It seems I'm doing what you have suggested and what Carl's guide page says, I just need to be more patient, it seems.

I didn't think of sending children out in a happy mood to friend intros and heartfelt compliments, thank you.

I'm also pleased I checked about the scouts and jobs.

Dek

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2022, 06:15:19 PM »
@Deklitch

Have the child do the appropriate activity. While they are still doing it, pause your game and queue up as many "encourage recent behavior" actions from a parent as you can. If the child then stops the activity and starts it again, you can queue up the parent's encourage actions again. Rinse and repeat. You can raise any character value very quickly like this. Similarly, while one parent is teaching sorry or please and thank you, queue up encourage actions on the other parent.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2022, 09:17:51 PM »
@Deklitch
For emotionally controlled, the fastest way is probably to have your child Knit while Winding Down to Classical Music.
Then, while they're doing that, use reggikko's awesome tip to have a parent or other teen/adult come by and queue Encourage Winding Down with Classical Music.

Depending on your child's aspiration, they also Wind Down with Classical Music while drawing on the activity table, practicing typing, playing keyboard commander, etc.
Other activities include: Play with Emotion with a toy or on a musical instrument (must be L4 or higher on that instrument).

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »
Oh wow, thank you Oshizu and Reggiko, those are indeed awesome strategies, thank you both!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »
Oh wow, thank you Oshizu and Reggiko, those are indeed awesome strategies, thank you both!

@Deklitch
I must say that @reggikko always comes up with the most brilliant simming tips. 
If you ever see her out and about, you will see me behind her, carrying her train. LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2022, 06:17:32 PM »
Haha. To be honest, I picked up the multiple “encourage” tip from someone’s strategy in a previous Tournament challenge. I’m thinking it was @GlazeyLady maybe?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2022, 09:19:46 AM »
Haha. To be honest, I picked up the multiple “encourage” tip from someone’s strategy in a previous Tournament challenge. I’m thinking it was @GlazeyLady maybe?

Possibly, I do that because a series of "encourage" actions raises the bar more than the "teach" action and it's faster. So glad to hear that it helped you!

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2022, 05:42:18 AM »
Are sims allowed to live in apartments for this dynasty? I see no reason they wouldn’t be, but thought it would be better to double check.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2022, 02:01:59 PM »
Are sims allowed to live in apartments for this dynasty? I see no reason they wouldn’t be, but thought it would be better to double check.

Yes, they can live in an apartment.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2022, 03:12:12 AM »
Are we allowed the change the neighbourhood stories settings after beginning this dynasty? I completely forgot about them but have already played a few weeks 🤦‍♀️

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2022, 08:54:41 AM »
Are we allowed the change the neighbourhood stories settings after beginning this dynasty? I completely forgot about them but have already played a few weeks 🤦‍♀️

Yes, that's fine...player's choice.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2022, 01:09:42 PM »
A new Big Dream (Wolfies) has been added for the Werewolves pack.