Author Topic: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty  (Read 26192 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2022, 02:58:33 AM »
Yes, they had 4 toddlers ... 4 alien toddlers.

But fear not ... between watcher error and Windows and Origin deciding to reboot, I no longer have that.

I took the opportunity to restart (I think this is the 5th restart all up) and have gone with Alien Founders again. Mummy is still going for Family Ties, but Daddy is going for Family Matters. (I loved those shows as an 80's kid - Did I Do Thaaaaaat?).

So yes I am going totally mad.

Remember in Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty I tried several attempts to get my founder to complete the 'raise 5 children from nooboo to teen' lifetime wish, 6 top notch toddlers compared to that can't send me much crazier, can it?!

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2022, 10:21:03 AM »
I took the opportunity to restart (I think this is the 5th restart all up) and have gone with Alien Founders again. Mummy is still going for Family Ties, but Daddy is going for Family Matters. (I loved those shows as an 80's kid - Did I Do Thaaaaaat?).

So yes I am going totally mad.

I tip my hat to you!! I usually make all my toddlers Top-Notch if possible, since it makes later achievements easier, but never had six in the same family!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2022, 12:24:11 AM »
My "Master Mixer" sim is doing great. In order to get through the "make and drink all available drinks" requirement he's making several at once and then drinking them two at a time... This makes it look like a 24 hour frat party at his house  ;D
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Even the grim reaper is joining the party!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2022, 08:20:05 AM »
Love it!!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2022, 09:08:42 PM »
With family ties, do you have to complete the 30 freelancer jobs within the 3 weeks, or is that just a minimum amount of time that you need to remain as a freelancer? Do the freelancer jobs have to be different, or can you repeat? Do the freelancer jobs have to come from the one freelancer 'track' or can you pick from all three?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2022, 10:51:24 PM »
With family ties, do you have to complete the 30 freelancer jobs within the 3 weeks, or is that just a minimum amount of time that you need to remain as a freelancer?
Your dreamer has to spend at least 3 weeks in the Freelancer career, but it's okay to take longer than that.

Do the freelancer jobs have to be different, or can you repeat?
Freelance gigs can be repeated.

Do the freelancer jobs have to come from the one freelancer 'track' or can you pick from all three?
When you sign up for the Freelancer career, you're prompted to choose one agency.
It seems easiest to stick to a single track, because each Freelancer agency will require your sim to learn a different skill (Programming, Painting, Fabrication, etc.)
To change Freelancer agencies, wouldn't you need to quit the Freelancer career than sign up for it again? (I don't know; I've never needed/wanted to switch agencies.)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2022, 08:54:53 PM »
Thanks Oshizu ... I was hoping those would be the answers ... the one who is having to do the freelancer jobs for her big dream did the one that needed programming skill which is already at level 10 for her.

She's now on Day 8 of it, and has done about 6 jobs, so I was most concerned about the 3 weeks requirement She can make a lot of money out of it, can't she? She's certainly putting hubby dearest to shame with his level 2 work at home teaching job (no, I haven't worked out the trick to getting that reward that enables you to start at a higher level in your career yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2022, 10:45:11 PM »
Thanks Oshizu ... I was hoping those would be the answers ... the one who is having to do the freelancer jobs for her big dream did the one that needed programming skill which is already at level 10 for her.

She's now on Day 8 of it, and has done about 6 jobs, so I was most concerned about the 3 weeks requirement She can make a lot of money out of it, can't she? She's certainly putting hubby dearest to shame with his level 2 work at home teaching job (no, I haven't worked out the trick to getting that reward that enables you to start at a higher level in your career yet.

Switching to Soulmates temporarily and doing some of its milestones is usually enough to earn the 3,000 satisfaction required by the Connections reward trait.
That trait usually starts a sim at Level 4 of a career unless a career branches at Level 4, in which Connections will start the sim at Level 3.
However an A in high school (which only teen founders can earn) also ensures starting a career at Level 3.
Don't forget to switch your aspiration back later. I hate when I forget to do that.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Party Animal Glitches
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2022, 09:30:13 AM »
Having just completed Holiday Lover and with People Person in progress, I'd just like to make people aware that the registering of parties for the Party Animal aspiration is quite buggy.

I have tried repairing my game, clearing caches and rebooting my laptop but it all seems a bit irrelevant. Sometimes they count and sometimes they don't.

I've a suspicion that my host needs a reset(debug) as he/she occasionally has a "queue full" notification when it isn't and I think that is happening when the parties don't register. Is it OK to right-click and do a reset in this case? I'm not sure if that's within the rules...

Anyway, these 2 big dreams are quite fun despite this issue but you have been warned!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »
Switch to Soulmates temporarily and doing some of its milestones is usually enough to earn the 3,000 satisfaction required by the Connections reward trait.
That trait usually starts a sim at Level 4 of a career unless a career branches at Level 4, in which Connections will start the sim at Level 3.
However an A in high school (which only teen founders can earn) also ensures starting a career at Level 3.
Don't forget to switch your aspiration back later. I hate when I forget to do that.

Thank you ... I will  work on that with my 6 Gen 2ers when they get to young adult.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2022, 10:18:02 PM »
Having just completed Holiday Lover and with People Person in progress, I'd just like to make people aware that the registering of parties for the Party Animal aspiration is quite buggy.

I have tried repairing my game, clearing caches and rebooting my laptop but it all seems a bit irrelevant. Sometimes they count and sometimes they don't.

I've a suspicion that my host needs a reset(debug) as he/she occasionally has a "queue full" notification when it isn't and I think that is happening when the parties don't register. Is it OK to right-click and do a reset in this case? I'm not sure if that's within the rules...

Anyway, these 2 big dreams are quite fun despite this issue but you have been warned!

My Holiday Lover had to do an extra silver-medal party or two, but didn't have an issue getting any gold-medal parties to register for Party Animal.
I've never seen a Queue Full message when hosting parties, so I think you might need to do more than repair game and delete your The Sims 4 cache files and Origin cache files.
Have you tried a factory reset?  MrsFlynn has detailed instructions here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.0
(I usually do a factory reset at least once a year.)
Good luck.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2022, 11:53:34 AM »

When you say your sim needs a reset - I presume you mean the cheat "Resetsim . . . ". If that is correct, yes, you may do that. If you mean something else, let us kno

I've had that issue with the queue before - I believe the limit is 7 actions in the queue, but there may be only  3 or 4 and it tells me the queue is full - I'm pretty sure something specific is triggering that, but I don't know what it is - I've never paid that much attention to when it happens and what else is going on - I just go through the queue until it's empty and then load it up again and I can usually fill it then.

Also - regarding the parties not counting - I believe that if you cancel the party early it doesn't count. I think also some party types don't count - I had that, and I just threw base-game parties and finished them completely and those all counted.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2022, 12:44:43 AM »
Re the queuing of actions

I notice that with the toddler/child actions (and as you know, I've just recently had 6 toddlers in game, 3 pairs of 2 basically, though the 2nd and 3rd pairs were toddlers for a short space of time as well) that if they have an action in the grey/white rectangle in the bottom left corner of the screen, that they can usually only get 6 above. If they don't have any, they can usually get 7 above. If there are two actions (eg in a rocking chair and reading a book/doing homework/on a computer and engaged in a group coversation) in that bottom rectangle they can sometimes only have 4 or 5 exrtra actions queued.

At the present time, Klingon is playing doctor with healing his dolls action figures. He has the current action and then another 6 queued.

Yeah, don't know what causes that to happen sometimes and at other times fewer actions being able to be queued.

Questions
1) Scouts - can teens be in scouts, or is that children only? (I don't want to age up someone to teen before being a llamacorn scout)

2) Breeding Eight Frogs - does the master scientist have to be the sim who catches the frogs, or can others do the catching to assist? I would, of course, have the teen scientist do the frog breeding.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2022, 01:26:44 AM »
Questions
1) Scouts - can teens be in scouts, or is that children only? (I don't want to age up someone to teen before being a llamacorn scout)

2) Breeding Eight Frogs - does the master scientist have to be the sim who catches the frogs, or can others do the catching to assist? I would, of course, have the teen scientist do the frog breeding.

1) Scouts: Both children and teens can do scouts. 
2) Breeding Eight Frogs: technically, the requirement only refers to breeding. Catching frogs doesn't take much time or effort, though; check out the ponds in Desert Bloom Park, Magnolia blossom Park, or The Bramblewood or create a pond on your sims' home lot. (You'll probably need to visit at least 2 ponds)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2022, 04:14:41 AM »
Thanks for the input, @oshizu @GlazeyLady  & @Deklitch

The factory reset using the link given by @oshizu seems to have done the job! Phew! I think in future I'll perhaps try to remember to do that before starting any large project just to clear the decks, as it were.

anything