Author Topic: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty  (Read 26164 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2021, 11:35:15 PM »
Regarding the Holiday Lover Big Dream:
It was discovered that the Host with The Most achievement is counting holidays as well as social events. Apparently it counts 1 for each Sim in the household who participates in the holiday. This means it is likely that this achievement will trigger when no Sim is working on the Holiday Lover Big Dream. And counting 50 events manually is more than we want to ask players to track. Therefore, we are removing the Host with the Most requirement, and replacing it with 2 additional "Other" requirements:
  • Put out 5 decorations from the Decoration Box on EACH of 5 different holidays.
  • Sneak a gift from a pile of presents 3 times. (Note that Sims with certain traits may not be able to sneak gifts (e.g. "good" Sims can't).

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Rancherino Big Dream
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2021, 01:13:04 PM »
Dear Moderator Elves

If you have a child born that you might have pursue the Rancherino Big Dream, at what point do you set the Off Grid and Simple Living traits? As soon as they're born or when they become a teen (& start running errands).

If the answer is "from birth", does that mean that you can only choose this Big Dream for a born-in-household Sim if you choose it straight away and set the lot traits? Otherwise, I can see some wiggle room if you don't choose the Big Dreams until your child ages up...

Warm wishes for the season

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2021, 04:07:11 PM »
Dear Moderator Elves

If you have a child born that you might have pursue the Rancherino Big Dream, at what point do you set the Off Grid and Simple Living traits? As soon as they're born or when they become a teen (& start running errands).

If the answer is "from birth", does that mean that you can only choose this Big Dream for a born-in-household Sim if you choose it straight away and set the lot traits? Otherwise, I can see some wiggle room if you don't choose the Big Dreams until your child ages up...

I think the idea is "from the beginning", so if you are doing this with a spouse that moves into the household, you would set those lot traits as soon as they move in. If you're doing it with an adopted Sim, it would be as soon as they are adopted. For a "born-in-household" Sim, ideally it would be from birth - I set it as soon as the child I planned that for was born.

But @oshizu created this awesome Big Dream, so I'd like her to weigh in on whether it must be from birth, or from age-up to toddler (since there are toddler requirements), or some other point in time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2021, 06:20:36 PM »
Dear Moderator Elves

I agree with GlazeyLady's interpretation of when to select the Simple Living and Off-the-Grid lots with a slight addition:
*Move-in spouses and adopted children: After the Watcher has both (1) moved them in and (2) decided on Rancherino as their Big Dream.
*Born-in-household sims: As soon as the Watcher decides on Racherino as a sim's Big Dream. 
  Don't fear the Off-the-Grid lot challenge. You can surround your Rancherino with siblings who also have low-tech Big Dreams.
  Note: a sim child can technically begin working on Rancherino requirements by buying/planting crops, collecting colored eggs needed for Animal Treats, befriend wild animals, and so on.

For example, I'd already chose Rancherino for one of my founders so I set Simple Living & Off-the-Grid as soon as I went into Live Mode the first time in my dynasty challenge.
GlazeyLady planned for Mason to become a Rancherino before his birth, so she set the two lot challenges after he was born.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2021, 01:57:54 AM »
Thank you @oshizu & @GlazeyLady for the swift response. I've got a bit of a complicated/long-term aim for a low-tech gen 4 which will require multiple locations so that helps with the planning!
Don't fear the Off-the-Grid lot challenge
It wasn't the off-the-grid trait I feared. I quite enjoy that trait. It's the Simple-Living that I've not really cracked fully before. Now I think about it, I've got plenty of funds now to fill the larder! It'll be a breeze, lol!

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »
When I started the Ace Photographer Big Dream taking a photo of a Sim dancing at a nightclub and a Sim fishing was on the list of the 12 photographs.

Now it's not on the list.

Not sure what happened.  Does it still count?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2021, 05:19:25 PM »
When I started the Ace Photographer Big Dream taking a photo of a Sim dancing at a nightclub and a Sim fishing was on the list of the 12 photographs.

Now it's not on the list.

Not sure what happened.  Does it still count?
I don't have a Sim fishing on my original list either, so I'm not sure when/how it got added or removed, but I have added it to the end of the list. So, yes, it can count.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2021, 05:52:38 PM »
Thank you.

When I first started the game I copy and pasted all the 12 photo ideas and it was on there. So strange... it was when the game was first launched.

What about the Sim dancing at a nightclub?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »
Thank you.

When I first started the game I copy and pasted all the 12 photo ideas and it was on there. So strange... it was when the game was first launched.

I don't see that on my list either - can you pm me your list? If some have gotten accidentally removed, I will work to get them added back.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
Thank you.

I don't see that on my list either - can you pm me your list? If some have gotten accidentally removed, I will work to get them added back.

I found an earlier version - it has the two you mentioned, and also A Sim blowing out birthday candles - so I added those. If you have any others on your list please PM them to me and I will get them added.

Thanks for your help!

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2021, 09:49:10 PM »
I checked my list with yours and we are all set!

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2021, 09:06:25 PM »
Are we allowed to buy any of the potions and rewards using our satisfaction points? Or only those required with our big dream?

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Mischief Maker: Getting all retail perks
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2021, 03:44:13 AM »
Regarding selling swiped items in a retail store, can we restock the swiped items (and re-sell repeatedly) after selling them?

My reason for asking is that I think getting all the retail perks is too time-consuming without being able to do this and maybe not even possible unless you're playing on long.

Points needed to buy all the perks is 17,550
Points earned per sale = 15
points earned per interaction = 5
Assuming approx 4 interactions per sale, each swiped item gives 35 points
Therefore you need 501 swipes
Swiping is only possible every 4 hours so this would take approximately 12 weeks of constantly swiping every 4 hours, fitting selling and other life stuff inbetween.
Restocking the item gives you an additional 10 points per swipe. If you then go into buy mode and remove that restocked item (a real faff, I found) you would still need 390 swipes taking just over 9 weeks of constant swiping/selling
Restocking and not removing makes the task do-able and this is what I did with my Mischief Maker.

If my calculations are wrong or there is a faster way to get points do let me know. I did consider having the whole family in the shop doing interactions but that would have been fairly full-on and not in the spirit of the Big Dream. I did have them in on cleaning duties.

I realize I should have cleared this with the team before continuing and that I may have disqualified myself from the Hall of Fame for this particular attempt...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »
Are we allowed to buy any of the potions and rewards using our satisfaction points? Or only those required with our big dream?
You can buy any satisfaction rewards you want, you just have to also buy any required ones in order to complete your Big Dream.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2021, 12:23:47 PM »
This challenge looks amazing, and thank you so much to the team for all their hard work on it!

So I just started my first attempt, with teen founders, and maybe have already goofed it up  ;D One of my founders' BDs requires maxing a specific teen career, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to make it before aging up. What are the rules if we fail one of the age requirements? Is he allowed to change to a different BD or is he out of competition?