Author Topic: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty  (Read 26142 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2022, 07:53:29 PM »
Thanks for the input, @oshizu @GlazeyLady  & @Deklitch

The factory reset using the link given by @oshizu seems to have done the job! Phew! I think in future I'll perhaps try to remember to do that before starting any large project just to clear the decks, as it were.

My game stutters and freezes after several generations, especially if I have too many saves and Tray folder items (households and lots) in "The Sims 4" folder.
Whenever I start a new multi-gen challenge (dynasty, legacy, or whatever), therefore, I always rename my old The Sims 4 folder and have the game create a new one, which acts as a bit of a factory reset.
For example, I last played a casual Cottage Living game.  After finishing, I renamed that folder "The Sims 4 - HoB casual" and started a new game to create a new "The Sims 4" folder.
Also, I have one folder for tournament challenges, which is currently named "The Sims 4 - vanilla" (b/c it contains no cc or script mods).
But if I play a tournament challenge, I'll rename my current "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4 - BDD" then rename my vanilla folder to "The Sims 4" until I'm done.
Does that all make sense?

It's too late to do this with your current dynasty, but it's something you might think about before starting your next multi-gen challenge.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2022, 08:36:34 PM »
Where big dreams have careers that you can choose (eg any 10 level career/any work from home 10 level career (may only work from home)/Freelancer - should I be trying to choose career options that no one else has done or is likely to do, or am I trying to add difficulty that's not needed?

Thank you

Edited to add ... Mrs Bagel has just died. she got zapped while repairing our solar energy panels and died. Is that big dream dynasty over? She was level 7 handiness.

At least it wasn't death due to burning food and the house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2022, 09:17:03 PM »
Where big dreams have careers that you can choose (eg any 10 level career/any work from home 10 level career (may only work from home)/Freelancer - should I be trying to choose career options that no one else has done or is likely to do, or am I trying to add difficulty that's not needed?

No, the "free-choice" careers you choose don't need to be unique.

Mrs Bagel has just died. she got zapped while repairing our solar energy panels and died. Is that big dream dynasty over? She was level 7 handiness.

At least it wasn't death due to burning food and the house!
Oh, my condolences to you and the Bagels on the death of Mama Bagel. :(
No, your Big Dream Dynasty hasn't failed.
If you intend to complete a full round of unique Big Dreams, then start a second round, you would need to complete Mama Bagel's Big Dream as part of Round 1.
If that's not the case, you can assign her Big Dream to any sim you wish.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Big Dreams Dynasty - Ace Photographer
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2022, 07:03:12 AM »
Hi team

There's a minor issue on the spreadsheet for Ace Photographer in the Other section

Having downloaded and expanded the cells (which I do each time my family get rearranged) the first cell includes a nearly (but not quite) identical list of photos required as the cell below.

I am assuming that there should only be the one list which is in the 2nd cell?
Many thanks - my sim Techne is having a blast with this Big Dream.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2022, 06:33:06 PM »
Hi team
There's a minor issue on the spreadsheet for Ace Photographer in the Other section
Having downloaded and expanded the cells (which I do each time my family get rearranged) the first cell includes a nearly (but not quite) identical list of photos required as the cell below.

Are you referring to Ace Photographer's Other requirement?
Just now, I took a look at the Ace Photographer's reqs in the master spreadsheet linked from this thread's first post.
I see only two Other requirements: one about the photo studio and the other a list of photo scenes.
Please check the master spreadsheet and edit yours to match. Note that more photo options were added on 28 Nov, as explained in Post #2.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2022, 02:11:54 AM »
Hi team

Are you referring to Ace Photographer's Other requirement?
Just now, I took a look at the Ace Photographer's reqs in the master spreadsheet linked from this thread's first post.
I see only two Other requirements: one about the photo studio and the other a list of photo scenes.
Please check the master spreadsheet and edit yours to match. Note that more photo options were added on 28 Nov, as explained in Post #2.
The first cell in the Other section of the Ace Photographer is formatted on the master spreadsheet so that the extra list doesn't show, only the studio bit. If you select that cell, you should be able to see the duplicate list as well.
I've just been back and it's still there.
It's only a problem because, when people download the sheet, the differing local formats may reveal what's hidden on the master site, eg into excel for me.
 :)

Offline Cisi_Arashi

• Nooboo
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
You could even start with the 2 founders, then have 1 child, who would grow up and get married, adding the spouse to the household - and then repeat that each generation - so you'd actually only have 2 Big Dreams per generation, for a total of 16 over 8 generations. That would be much easier than having 3-5 kids each generation.

The rules state:

At least 16 Big Dreams must be completed, with at least one in the eighth generation, to qualify for the Dynasty Hall of Fame.

So you couldn't speed up the process by having more than two kids each generation as the challenge must reach Generation 8 before it counts. Therefore, it is best just to have two Sims each generation(heir and spouse) do unique Big Dreams each generation anyways. Just pointing that out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2022, 10:59:23 PM »
@Cisi_Arashi

I'm not sure what you mean.
GlazyLady didn't say that the challenge could be completed with less than 16 Big Dreams or without an Gen8 sim completing a Big Dream.
Her comment refers to the idea that a Big Dreams Dynasty could be completed by, at minimum, two sims per generation for 8 generations.
I believe it was only a suggestion about possible pacing and household size in response to a previous question by Deklitch.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2022, 12:40:26 AM »
@oshizu yes, that was in response to me trying to get my head around the challenge :)

I have questions regarding the Need to interview sims in 6 different towns component of world traveller:-
- Do they need to be different sims, or can word traveller travel with spouse to different towns, interview him in each town and write up the interview on them
- Can world traveller interview current household members once they get old enough, or should interviewees be outside of the activity family?
- Can one of the six towns be your 'home town' or one of the 'holiday towns'?
- Do you need the sims you interview to be residents of the town you interview them in (eg Mortimer only in Willow Creek) or doesn't that matter?
- Do you need to write up the article in the town you interview the sim in, or is back at home base ok?

So far, She's interviewed one fellow resident of my 'home town' of Mount Komorebi and wrote up the article about him on her home computer as the article. His name is Ken Shinoda or similar.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2022, 01:02:52 AM »
Oh, what a coincidence! My sim just completed World Traveler about 30 RL minutes ago, haha.  In response to your questions:

I have questions regarding the Need to interview sims in 6 different towns component of world traveller:-
- Do they need to be different sims, or can word traveller travel with spouse to different towns, interview him in each town and write up the interview on them
Your sim should interview different sims in six different towns. That won't be hard since your world traveler is incredibly friendly.  :)

- Can world traveller interview current household members once they get old enough, or should interviewees be outside of the activity family?
A current household member is fine.

- Can one of the six towns be your 'home town' or one of the 'holiday towns'?
Yes, your sim can count their home town and any of the vacation destinations among the "six different towns."

- Do you need the sims you interview to be residents of the town you interview them in (eg Mortimer only in Willow Creek) or doesn't that matter?
No. Your interviewee need not be local to the town in which they're interviewed.

- Do you need to write up the article in the town you interview the sim in, or is back at home base ok?
Your sim may write up the article wherever they wish.

So far, She's interviewed one fellow resident of my 'home town' of Mount Komorebi and wrote up the article about him on her home computer as the article. His name is Ken Shinoda or similar.
Happy trails!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2022, 11:31:59 PM »
Thanks, I was hoping those would be the answers.

I have a problem with one sim completing 'Social Butterfly'. She needs because her big dream is to become an uber sim, Her two sisters have completed it no problem, but her, not a chance. The sticking point is 'become friends with 2 adults. If she greets them, they automatically become good friends. and it doesn't count that as being completed. Her one adult friend was the vampire lord, Vlad. It seemed to be the negative impact of greeting him respectfully that kept their level at friends.

Any suggestions of what I should try?

Thanking you in advance,

Dek

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2022, 12:03:25 AM »
Deklitch,
I've never had your problem with Social Butterfly but I have had times when an aspiration's counter didn't update right away.
Checking EA Answers HQ, I found the four possible workarounds suggested by the late-and-great Euphorial Queen:
*Switch aspirations and go back to Social Butterfly;
*Travel to another lot and back home again;
*Save and close the game;Deklitch,
I've never had your problem with Social Butterfly but I have had times when an aspiration's counter didn't update right away.
Checking EA Answers HQ, I found the four possible workarounds suggested by the late-and-great Euphorial Queen:
*Switch aspirations and go back to Social Butterfly;
*Travel to another lot and back home again;
*Save and close the game; OR
*Repair the game by right clicking on the game in Origin, delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files, then open the game and see if the aspiration goals are counted/completed.

Here's the link the EA Answers HQ thread:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/social-butterfly-aspiration-not-working/td-p/8754570

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2022, 04:12:29 PM »
Thank you Oshizu. She eventually got there with it ... though her kid brother almost completed social butterfly before her.

I will now delete those cache files when I repair the game

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2022, 03:49:08 AM »
Hi Oshizu, does that neighbourhood story feature need to be turned off for Big Dreams Dynasty as well as the others?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2022, 09:13:52 PM »
Hi Oshizu, does that neighbourhood story feature need to be turned off for Big Dreams Dynasty as well as the others?

For Big Dreams Dynasty, it is player choice and player risk. This one is different because the rules on this one are so open. But I think there is potential for things that happen in the neighborhood due to the stories that might impact your plans/strategy, so you may want to get familiar with the new changes to decide the settings you want.