Author Topic: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale  (Read 22036 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »
I will ask my question here in case others might be wondering the same thing.

My question concerns the FTM, which is described as follows:
FTM — Family Tree Multiplier. Start with a Family Tree Multiplier of 1.00. For every Sim in the Family Tree who completed at least 3 Big Dream requirements, add .01 to the multiplier.

If one of my household sims moves in a spouse who then completes a unique-to-spouses collection and earns 12 traits, would that count as two of the "3 Big Dream requirements"?

Yes

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2021, 04:02:37 PM »
Just to be sure before i start, with the new additions to the spreadsheet, must you complete both family matters and family ties before you are allowed to start a second round of dreams?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »
Just to be sure before i start, with the new additions to the spreadsheet, must you complete both family matters and family ties before you are allowed to start a second round of dreams?

If you have the packs to complete both, then yes.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »
So, I gave this challenge a go without any practice runs because I've been very busy with work, and didn't know how much time I would have over the next month.  I made a lot of mistakes and my final score was only 106 points. (1 completed big dream with 6 sims having 3 or more stages completed of their dreams.)  I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the dynasty challenge this challenge was based on.

Score is (1X100) X (1.0 + (6X0.01)) = 100 X 1.06 = 106

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2021, 08:25:54 AM »
Grats on finishing up, Nellean. It's always fun to get the leaderboard fired up. :)

When you get a chance could you please break down your score as in the rule set example?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. My brain had not quite woken up yet. Lol.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »
Make sure not to touch the new Scenarios content released today.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2021, 04:24:44 AM »
Congrats, @Nelleam and well done for being first to post!

I'm still hoping to have time for another try before posting my score as my big dreams have got scaled right down to small dreams, lol. I'm finding it quite intense and also looking forward to having a go at the dynasty when it's ready.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2021, 10:53:25 AM »
I'm finding it quite intense and also looking forward to having a go at the dynasty when it's ready.

It almost is ready. :) The team is essentially done — get ready for 42 Big Dreams to choose from! I am posting the rule set in 48 hours and the Big Dreams Dynasty will go live after everyone has a chance to get their eyes on it and ask questions.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2021, 11:39:33 AM »
Wow, @Metropolis Man ! You, @GlazeyLady & @LenaLJ must've been working hard!
I really am looking forward to it - 42 Big Dreams - it will be fun working out where to start!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2021, 12:13:24 PM »
I really am looking forward to it - 42 Big Dreams - it will be fun working out where to start!

Lena is actually no longer on the team. @oshizu  & @sdhoey & @Teresa & @MarianT had tons of input too.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

That's exactly the problem I'm having myself - deciding where to start! As we've been reviewing and editing all these Big Dreams, every time I read one, I think, "Oh yeah, I want to do this one!" Every time.  So I'll be needing to fit 42 Big Dreams into 8 generations. :D

All the major content in the game is covered by at least one Big Dream, or can be covered with requirements like "any 10-level career" and "any aspiration". And, because we want players to have time to enjoy playing out these Big Dreams, you can choose to play on Normal or on Long - same requirements, you just get to choose how you want to play. (I'll be playing on long. ;))

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
Hi team, I'm enjoying this challenge a lot so far.

Just a few questions:
-In Master Scientist, does using all serums mean they have to be tested as well?
-I'm having trouble with rocket science. I am able to buy a rocket, but cannot interact with it either at home or at work (Science).
 Apparently, this has been a bug since Cottage Living: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/td-p/10541363/page/5
 Geek Con is reportedly unaffected, but I'm not sure it that's enough to complete Nerd Brain.
 So I guess I am looking for some guidance as to what (if anything) I can do about this.

Also, not a question, but a quick PSA: moving your save file from one PC to another resets the in game achievements.
I'v had to do a little bit of extra collecting - but the game runs so smoothly now.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »
-I'm having trouble with rocket science. I am able to buy a rocket, but cannot interact with it either at home or at work (Science).
 Apparently, this has been a bug since Cottage Living: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/td-p/10541363/page/5
 Geek Con is reportedly unaffected, but I'm not sure it that's enough to complete Nerd Brain.
 So I guess I am looking for some guidance as to what (if anything) I can do about this.

Since we're not allowed to use script mods in a tournament challenge, my sims completed Nerd Brain's 5 space missions at GeekCon.
GeekCon runs from 10am to 4 pm, so if your sim arrives at 10 am and queues up their required space missions, it's possible to finish all 5 in one GeekCon visit.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2021, 07:04:33 PM »
Thank you for sharing that Oshizu.
That's what I was thinking as well, but I was a little unsure if
- the rocket even works at Geek Con
- there would be enough time.

Offline Emmariley192

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
I got very absorbed in this one and don't want to get tempted to try again so I'm posting my score now:

I did 8 big dreams and had 3 sims complete at least 3 bits of a big dream so my score is :
(8*100)*(1+.03)=824
I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else got on with it!

anything