Author Topic: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale  (Read 22073 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2021, 03:48:12 AM »
The Wishing Well may only be used to wish for promotion once per week per sim
Does that mean once within one calendar week (Sunday 8 AM to next Sunday 8 AM)? Or once per 24x7 hours?

Example: Sim uses the well on Week 1, Saturday, 8 PM. Can he use it again 12 hours later (Sunday, 8 AM, which is technically a new week), or must he wait until Week 2, Saturday, 8 PM?

I think you missed this question of mine...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2021, 06:35:58 AM »
Does that mean once within one calendar week (Sunday 8 AM to next Sunday 8 AM)? Or once per 24x7 hours?

Example: Sim uses the well on Week 1, Saturday, 8 PM. Can he use it again 12 hours later (Sunday, 8 AM, which is technically a new week), or must he wait until Week 2, Saturday, 8 PM?

I'm quite sure Glazey means once per 24 X 7. Otherwise, going by the game clock, you could have a situation where you'd have a Sim use the Wishing well two times within a day or two strategically and it still being inside of a Sunday to Sunday framework. So, yeah, unless you hear otherwise, go on your second assumption.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »

I'm quite sure Glazey means once per 24 X 7. Otherwise, going by the game clock, you could have a situation where you'd have a Sim use the Wishing well two times within a day or two strategically and it still being inside of a Sunday to Sunday framework. So, yeah, unless you hear otherwise, go on your second assumption.

Sorry I missed this - yes, when you use it, you have to wait 1 week before you can use it again. I'll clarify that.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2021, 10:21:02 AM »
Just to clarify on the multiplier; sims who completed a big wish also count, yes?
Yes

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »
Hey team and everyone!

I'm going to do the finale.  It's going to take me longer than usual because my life's been pretty tough this year.
I still have time to do the challenge, and get on the world ranking.  I miss you guys. :)

Good luck to everyone in the finale,

Coolsim

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2021, 05:28:51 PM »
I hate to change things after the start date, but it seems the offer of $50,000 that some players get is very unpredictable. So, for the Challenge, accepting that is not allowed. It's just too much money and would give an unfair advantage if you happen to get that. I am adding that to the rules now.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
Hey team and everyone!

I'm going to do the finale.  It's going to take me longer than usual because my life's been pretty tough this year.
I still have time to do the challenge, and get on the world ranking.  I miss you guys. :)

Good luck to everyone in the finale,

Coolsim

I'm happy to see you jumping back in - good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2021, 10:34:58 PM »
Yay! I love challenges that come with spreadsheets. Super excited to be able to have the tournament challenge carryover to a dynasty challenge. Thanks!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2021, 02:05:44 AM »
A big thank you for setting this up @GlazeyLady
The spreadsheet is particularly easy to work from.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2021, 02:08:10 AM »
A big thank you for setting this up @GlazeyLady
The spreadsheet is particularly easy to work from.

Thank you! I had some help on the spreadsheet from Lena. I hope it helps with tracking. Good luck with the challenge!

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2021, 11:58:37 AM »
I created my 2 YA Sims in CAS and put them in a house last night but didn't actually play in Live mode. While reviewing the rules again I realized that I forgot to make them spouses.  How should I fix this?  Should I just play through and have them marry through game play or should I start over?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2021, 12:26:32 PM »
I created my 2 YA Sims in CAS and put them in a house last night but didn't actually play in Live mode. While reviewing the rules again I realized that I forgot to make them spouses.  How should I fix this?  Should I just play through and have them marry through game play or should I start over?

Your choice.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2021, 10:51:13 AM »
Thanks a lot @GlazeyLady! 8)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2021, 08:27:18 PM »
The team has learned that there is a known bug that causes SIMply Crafted (Fabrication) Freelancer gigs to not complete. After you send the item to the client and get a response back, if the "Send item to client" task doesn't complete, you may cancel the gig and count it as complete. It won't register for the Master Maker aspiration, so you will need to track the five gig completions yourself. Once you have completed 5 gigs, including sending each one to the client, along with everything else for the aspiration, you can use a cheat to complete the aspiration. If you don't know how to do that cheat, please refer to the Cheats page here on Carl's Guide.

I am updating the rules and second post to reflect this.

Edit: There is a small amount of evidence that suggests candle-making gigs do register while fabrication gigs do not.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2021, 11:34:35 PM »
I will ask my question here in case others might be wondering the same thing.

My question concerns the FTM, which is described as follows:
FTM — Family Tree Multiplier. Start with a Family Tree Multiplier of 1.00. For every Sim in the Family Tree who completed at least 3 Big Dream requirements, add .01 to the multiplier.

If one of my household sims moves in a spouse who then completes a unique-to-spouses collection and earns 12 traits, would that count as two of the "3 Big Dream requirements"?

anything