Author Topic: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale  (Read 22078 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: 2021 Tournament Big Dreams Finale
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2021, 05:22:56 AM »
Must have or adopt at least 3 babies/toddlers; All must be Top-Notch Toddlers (May not be the same toddlers as Family Matters)
Sorry, English is not my first and sometimes I'm not sure about the easiest things :D Does "may not be" mean "can not be", or is it "may not be, or may be - up to you"?

the founding couple must be created as spouses.
Can they still make themselves a Honeymoon for the "Soulmates" dream? If yes, must it start within the first 24 hours of the game?

Create 9 unique plants through grafting
What is considered a unique plant? The ones that can be obtained via grafting? (I think there are exactly 9 of them)

honeymoon for 3 days at a rental in any town other than your home town
That can be both the vacation worlds and the regular towns, right?

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »
Wow, thanks for so many extra options! I was hoping to have half a dozen options available to me so this is great.

Note - foodie says it's base game but it has the satisfaction reward which I think is only from outdoor retreat?

So with the alternatives for the character traits, are these things that should be done while the sim is a teen? Because some of the alternatives say "as a teen" and some of them don't. Also if one of your founders is doing one of these dreams presumably they are exempt? (Since they would be exempt from the character trait if you were going with that option).

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if there's an easy way to keep track of how much money your sim has made from tips when playing a musical instrument?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2021, 01:17:05 PM »
Must have or adopt at least 3 babies/toddlers; All must be Top-Notch Toddlers (May not be the same toddlers as Family Matters)
Sorry, English is not my first and sometimes I'm not sure about the easiest things :D Does "may not be" mean "can not be", or is it "may not be, or may be - up to you"?
It means can not be - so there would need to be 6 Top-Notch toddlers total.

the founding couple must be created as spouses.
Can they still make themselves a Honeymoon for the "Soulmates" dream? If yes, must it start within the first 24 hours of the game?
Yes, they can, and yes it must start within 24 hours of the game start.

Create 9 unique plants through grafting
What is considered a unique plant? The ones that can be obtained via grafting? (I think there are exactly 9 of them)
Unique means if you list the ones you do, you would be naming 9 different plants - I also think there are 9, but wanted to be clear on the number just in case there was something else from a pack that I am not aware of.

honeymoon for 3 days at a rental in any town other than your home town
That can be both the vacation worlds and the regular towns, right?
Yes, that can be any town other than the one your Sims are currently living in.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2021, 01:24:20 PM »
Note - foodie says it's base game but it has the satisfaction reward which I think is only from outdoor retreat?
Yes, you are correct - thank you for catching that. I added an alternative of "Free Services" which costs the same - so when your Sim is sick of cooking he/she can get some free pizza!  :D

So with the alternatives for the character traits, are these things that should be done while the sim is a teen? Because some of the alternatives say "as a teen" and some of them don't. Also if one of your founders is doing one of these dreams presumably they are exempt? (Since they would be exempt from the character trait if you were going with that option).
Yes, I will clarify in the rules that alternatives to Scouts and Character Traits must be completed before aging up to YA. And yes, that would also make the founders exempt from them.

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if there's an easy way to keep track of how much money your sim has made from tips when playing a musical instrument?
I don't, but if anyone else does, please jump in.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »
I don't, but if anyone else does, please jump in.

I've been thinking about this and chatting with the team - given how difficult it is to track the tip money, and given that this Sim already does have a career to complete - I am changing this to "Play for tips for 25 hours on community lots". So you can make that 5 hours 5 times, or all over a weekend; it can be all on the same lot or different lots - however you want to do it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2021, 05:07:27 PM »
I would track a sim's individual earnings by using the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration.
The tip-earning musician would, for example, need to avoid selling anything at all from their inventory (even a random frog).
Any wages earned from a part- or full-time job would need to be subtracted, but that would still be easier than keeping track of the tips received from each session.

For our convenience, here are the first two Fab Wealthy milestones. Obviously the household needs at least $10k in funds for the $25k task to activate.
Milestone I: Going for Not Broke
Have Earned $5,000 (50)
Have $10,000 in Reserve (75)

Milestone II: Learning Earning
Have $20,000 in Reserve (300)
Have Earned $25,000 (250)

This is how I plan to track earnings for any Big Dreams with that requirement.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2021, 11:48:37 PM »
Now that I've had a chance to look at the second half of the spreadsheet (for some weird reason on my phone it would only show me up to outdoorsman), I found a few more things.

It looks like people person needs city living for the singing skill. And incredibly friendly seems to be from outdoor retreat.

Soulmate - also has incredibly friendly. Also are there any 10 level work from home careers in the base game? I know I have the Freelancer career but it doesn't have the same kind of leveling as a normal career.

Love em and take em seems to need get together for the dancing skill and get to work for photography. Also make a mess might be a parenthood thing, I'll try to test if it's possible in my game if I get a chance tonight.

I don't know enough about vampires since I don't have it but there's mention of a sixam plant in that dream - isn't sixam just in get to work?

Ps. It's cool with me if you just want to re-label some of these as requiring the extra packs. I'll still have plenty of options.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2021, 05:03:13 AM »
The Wishing Well may only be used to wish for promotion once per week per sim
Does that mean once within one calendar week (Sunday 8 AM to next Sunday 8 AM)? Or once per 24x7 hours?

Example: Sim uses the well on Week 1, Saturday, 8 PM. Can he use it again 12 hours later (Sunday, 8 AM, which is technically a new week), or must he wait until Week 2, Saturday, 8 PM?

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2021, 08:31:41 AM »
Does "unique collection" for the spouse requirements mean unique from any other spouses' unique collections or does it mean unique from all collections that the whole household has already completed?

Eg. if Sim A has already completed a frog collection as part of the outdoorsman big dream, does that mean that any spouse joining the household from now on won't be able to choose to do a frog collection for their unique collection? What if it happens in the other order? Eg Sim A's spouse joins the household and completes the frog collection before Sim A gets to that part of his big dream - presumably he can still do a frog collection for his big dream? (so long as he collects a completely new set of the frogs)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2021, 12:40:12 PM »
Does "unique collection" for the spouse requirements mean unique from any other spouses' unique collections or does it mean unique from all collections that the whole household has already completed?

Eg. if Sim A has already completed a frog collection as part of the outdoorsman big dream, does that mean that any spouse joining the household from now on won't be able to choose to do a frog collection for their unique collection? What if it happens in the other order? Eg Sim A's spouse joins the household and completes the frog collection before Sim A gets to that part of his big dream - presumably he can still do a frog collection for his big dream? (so long as he collects a completely new set of the frogs)
Oh, I lost that part when I reworded it - I'll add it back. Thank you!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Now that I've had a chance to look at the second half of the spreadsheet (for some weird reason on my phone it would only show me up to outdoorsman), I found a few more things.

It looks like people person needs city living for the singing skill. And incredibly friendly seems to be from outdoor retreat.
Yes - Added other options.

Soulmate - also has incredibly friendly. Also are there any 10 level work from home careers in the base game? I know I have the Freelancer career but it doesn't have the same kind of leveling as a normal career.
Added an alternative to Incredibly Friendly. There is one work-from-home career added for everyone - Style Influencer. There are two branches, and we have two Big Dreams requiring work from home, so at least there is a little variety available.  :)

Love em and take em seems to need get together for the dancing skill and get to work for photography. Also make a mess might be a parenthood thing, I'll try to test if it's possible in my game if I get a chance tonight.
That's unfortunate - every Sim should get to dance! Sorry I didn't realize that was pack-specific. Photography was added for everyone when the Style Influencer Career was added. I had dancing and photography together because they are both 5-level skills. So I added any musical instrument as an alternative to replace Dancing and Photography. Meaning one instrument skill replaces both dancing and photography.

I disabled Parenthood and tried to Make a Mess, and I didn't have that option. So I replaced making 20 messes with smashing the dollhouse 10 times and using "Slack off" at school for 3 days.

I don't know enough about vampires since I don't have it but there's mention of a sixam plant in that dream - isn't sixam just in get to work?
It's confusing because of the name, but the Sixam Mosquito plant came with the Vampires DLC.

I really appreciate all your help with this - as you can imagine, the team members all have most of the packs - we need to in order to add content for Dynasties and to add new Challenges that include more content as it's available. But that does make it difficult for us to recognize what is really base game and what isn't. Your input is very helpful, so I thank you for all your responses and especially your patience.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »
Judging by just the number of views and posts in this thread it's looking like the Finale will be very popular. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This goes live tomorrow (October 15), so please do your best to look over the rules and spreadsheet today one last time and get your remaining questions in. Major changes to rule sets after an event goes live is always something the team does not want to do.

Good luck, everyone.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2021, 12:51:49 AM »
Do other achievements fall under the same situation as rosebud? I'm thinking of harvested interest and knock knock in particular but it applies to other ones too. Do we have to keep track and make sure the sim doing that dream actually harvests 50 wild plants by themselves / actually visits 25 lots / etc? Or is it fine so long as the achievement completes while they're working on their big dream.

I really appreciate all your help with this - as you can imagine, the team members all have most of the packs - we need to in order to add content for Dynasties and to add new Challenges that include more content as it's available. But that does make it difficult for us to recognize what is really base game and what isn't. Your input is very helpful, so I thank you for all your responses and especially your patience.
No worries! I figured it must be tough to work out what's from basegame when you've had all the packs for ages. And I learnt things too - like about style influencer which I've never played because I always just give my sims freelancer if I want them to work from home.

My sims can still dance but they don't gain any skill points from it, just fun. Unless they're a child or a toddler, then they'll build the relevant child/toddler skill.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2021, 02:42:21 AM »
Do other achievements fall under the same situation as rosebud? I'm thinking of harvested interest and knock knock in particular but it applies to other ones too. Do we have to keep track and make sure the sim doing that dream actually harvests 50 wild plants by themselves / actually visits 25 lots / etc? Or is it fine so long as the achievement completes while they're working on their big dream.
No, the others are more easily countable, so you would need to track them. But it would be impossible to track how much money came from each sim, so that one has to be for the household.

My sims can still dance but they don't gain any skill points from it, just fun. Unless they're a child or a toddler, then they'll build the relevant child/toddler skill.
I'm glad they can still dance. Every sim should get to dance.  :D

Good luck in the tournament!

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2021, 02:53:16 AM »
Just to clarify on the multiplier; sims who completed a big wish also count, yes?