Author Topic: Missing Plumbob icon above Sims  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Caity_99

• Nooboo
Missing Plumbob icon above Sims
« on: September 19, 2021, 03:13:29 AM »
Hi, can anyone please help me.

When I'm playing with all cc and Nraas Master Controller mod, my plumbob icon above my sims seem to disappear after playing for one sim day.
I have reset the sims with (resetsim *) that doesn't help. I then reset the whole town with MC, that doesn't help either.
Next i removed my downloads folder, mods folder, saved games folder and installed worlds folder to my desktop, and deleted the sims 3 folder.
Relaunched the sims 3 to start a new sims 3 folder in electronic arts.
Create a Mods folder in electronic arts and install Nrass Master controller, Error Trap, Overwatch nointro.package and Nobuildsparkles.package. Nothing else.
Started a new world and played for a few sims days and plumbob was there. Saved the game as well
Then i installed one hair .package file in my Mods>Packages folder.
Launch the game play for a one sims day and the plumbob was there, then the next sims day the plumbob would go missing. I did reset the sims with (resetsim *) and it did work for half of the sim day and then the plumbob went missing again, tried to reset with (resetsim *) and didn't work also reset whole town with MC and reset just the Lot with MC, still nothing happened and plumbob was missing. Didn't save the game when the plumbob went missing.
Next i would quit the game without saving, remove the .package hair file from mods folder, and relaunch the game. Plumbob was there, also played two sims days, and was still there. Saved the game.
I installed and removed the .packages files with two different hairs and the same thing would happen.

This is my Script Error. When the plumbob goes missing and i didn't save the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Missing Plumbob icon above Sims
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 05:23:57 AM »
The ErrorTrap script log you shared is a correction log. These basically tell you that Errortrap has cleaned up somethings in the game. Nothing to be alarmed about the log file can be safely deleted. If you'd like to learn more about ErrorTrap and what the error logs mean, please ask over at Nraas They are more knowledgeable in their mods and can help better with any questions you may have.

Thank you for explaining in detail what you've tried.

It sounds like you've removed and added mods and custom content, but did you delete the game's cache files to help clear up the lingering data deleting and adding deleting mods/cc can leave.

Any time you add or remove mods and custom content, it's recommended to delete the cache files.

For reference those are:

– CasPartCache.package
 – compositorCache.package
 – scriptCache.package
 – simCompositorCache.package
 – socialCache.package

And can be found in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything