Author Topic: A Well Manicured Challenge  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: A Well Manicured Challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 10:04:14 PM »
Well, this one didn't go well at all for me.  Juliet had 10,998 with no qualifying good friends when she and I gave up and threw in the towel.  It has been a rough couple of weeks - hubby is recovering from Covid, while work and school has sucked out my energy. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2021, 12:12:30 PM »
I’m DNF.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
I’m DNF.

Did you start a scoring file and at least accumulate some type of score? DNFs are typically reserved for events where a specific goal must be accomplished and the player did not achieve the goal.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 01:30:09 PM »
I’m DNF.

Did you start a scoring file and at least accumulate some type of score? DNFs are typically reserved for events where a specific goal must be accomplished and the player did not achieve the goal.

I did. I was planning to finish my game today, but then I got some unexpected plans and left the house without even having the time to check my current score. And when I get back home, the challenge time will be already over :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 04:29:32 PM »
I really had to burn through this one in a hurry — not very relaxing and zen-like. Lol.

40,679 household funds and 3 good friends resulting in a ho-hum 41,899 total.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
My total household funds are §58721 and my Sim made 20 good friends.

That brings my total score to 58721 * 1,20 = 70465

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 06:20:21 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Grats to Nandarelle on the win. Everyone can share strategies now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 07:21:42 AM »
Thank you, Metro.
Participation was quite low, but maybe that's due to excitement over the next challenge.
I will have time to write up my strategy this evening.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 07:26:55 AM »
Congrats, Nandarelle! I didn't have the patience to wait for 20 Sims to get their pedicures -- I could only manage 3, so I'm looking forward to hearing your strategy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »
Congratulations Nandarelle, that was a great score. I was hoping to get to give it go, but life other ideas for me this weekend. I can't wait to see your write-up.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »
I made my Sim with some generic good-moodlet traits, I think good, insider and loves the outdoors. I also made her like wellness and new age music (though any other kind of music would have had the same effect).
I put her on a lot in Newcrest and a gave her the bare minimum: a very tiny home, a radio, a regular yoga mat, an instructor yoga mat, a meditation stool, a massage table and chair, a crystal crown, and later a bush (served as a toilet) and a cheap shower. The last two were as a courtesy for club members. She joined the Good Timers club and took over in the first few days. I wanted to use the crystal crown for hygiene, but computers are expensive and you can't buy crystals from a public lot. So she travelled to the Magic Realm, and I was very lucky to find a ruby in the shop there. She used that for hygiene, and between that and Rally the Troops, she was set for needs. I also used custom costume holidays for extra good moodlets.

She practiced yoga until she hit level 2, and then started to teach a yoga class right away. While she was still skilling, she stayed on the home lot, so the victims customers were club members and anyone who walked by the lot. For the first week and a half the routine was pretty much: give a yoga class, give a meditation class, give a massage to anyone who had attended both and was still around. If, and only if, anyone had all three of those marks, they qualified for mani-pedis, followed by a selfie to push the relationship to good friends.
When the skill was maxed, she mostly went to Willow Creek Park during the day. She would first give a single massage to allow more Sims to spawn and then start a yoga class. I had anything from 2 to 11 people attending the class (and not walking away halfway through); typically 6 or 7. I experimented with different locations, but I couldn't find a place that has as much space as Willow Creek Park, including the prebuilt spas, which have fairly small yoga studios. The park in San Myshuno has the opposite problem: way too much space, most of the Sims were too far away to attend.
During the night, I typically went back to the home lot with just the club. The club members were rotated depending on who I wanted to treat. The nights were used for massages and manicures / pedicures.
Near the end of the challenge I decided to just go for money and spent the last days only giving yoga classes and massages.

I suspect a much higher score could have been reached with fewer friends and more focus on lucrative activities. Manicures and especially pedicures are just so time-consuming! There was also a lot of queue freezing and other Sim shenanigans, but that was true for all five activities. But at the end of the day, at least there are now a lot of Sims with fabulous nails.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »
Obviously, patience paid off. Congrats!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.