Author Topic: Spa Day Refresh -- Impressions  (Read 3315 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Spa Day Refresh -- Impressions
« on: September 07, 2021, 04:35:26 PM »
One thing I discovered is that the patterned nail polish changes depending on what shape nails you choose. I hadn't expected that at all.

Another thing is that there's a new yoga routine -- Family Friendly. My guess is that it's for children. I don't know what kind of buff they get.

nails01.jpg
Dina Caliente discovered her new nails are helpful when trying to play Don't Wake the Llama.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Spa Day Refresh -- Impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 05:00:04 PM »
I haven't played fully with it yet. *sighs* One of those days. I have looked in CAS at the nails. I love the patterns, colors, and different shapes. Those toes are so cute. I can't wait to use the yoga and stuff with all my toddlers soon.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »
I've found I like most of the new stuff.  Always in favor of kids getting more things they're allowed to do!  Finally, a nails slot in CAS.

What I don't like-- newly done nails wear off in one day?  And the High Maintenance trait.  The negative moodlets were usually overpowered by my sims' various other moodlets anyway, but then it killed a sim right after she had a baby!  The +40 Ucomfortable moodlet from being in labor triggered an angry "Worst Day Ever" moodlet, making her Enraged.  The baby was born, she fed him, and then she keeled over dead from cardiac explosion!  She wasn't even angry anymore!  Her husband was feeling Confident and successfully demanded that the Reaper spare her, fortunately.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 05:20:45 PM »
Wow, @Brian_Z
So sorry to hear about your High Maintenance sim. I've had sims get hysterical and nearly die from being too blissed out but yours died from anger.  RIP.
Great job, hubby! (Hope he doesn't regret it)

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:39:48 PM »
One of the things I figured out is that meditation helps get rid of the negative emotions.

I always thought meditating was a waste of time. But I created a High Maintenance sim and decided to work on the Inner Peace aspiration. Part of that requires you to go 48 hours without negative emotions. As if that weren't masochistic enough, I also decided not to buy any Rewards until I completed it. This took a long time (Poseidon's kiss, I curse you).

But strangely, the negative emotions melted away when meditating. I guess this is their way of tying things together. But every time he got uncomfortable or angry, a short meditation session usually took care of things.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 01:49:59 AM »
Wow, @Brian_Z
So sorry to hear about your High Maintenance sim. I've had sims get hysterical and nearly die from being too blissed out but yours died from anger.  RIP.
Great job, hubby! (Hope he doesn't regret it)

I have a mod I found on MTS that disables hysterical deaths, because I hate that one.  My sims usually end up with a bunch of happy moodlets, which means they are one good joke away from keeling over dead at any time.  Other emotional deaths?  Super rare, it's highly unusual that any of my sims would be feeling badly enough to stack up enough embarrassment or anger.
Hubby kind of HAD to bring her back lol.  Huge age difference, he would have been an Elder left to raise two todddlers on his own.  He has the means to resurrect her ghost, but unless I'm mistaken, she would have come back no longer his wife, and no longer the mother of their children.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 02:50:00 AM »
I have a mod I found on MTS that disables hysterical deaths, because I hate that one.  My sims usually end up with a bunch of happy moodlets, which means they are one good joke away from keeling over dead at any time.  Other emotional deaths?  Super rare, it's highly unusual that any of my sims would be feeling badly enough to stack up enough embarrassment or anger.
Hubby kind of HAD to bring her back lol.  Huge age difference, he would have been an Elder left to raise two todddlers on his own.  He has the means to resurrect her ghost, but unless I'm mistaken, she would have come back no longer his wife, and no longer the mother of their children.

When I'm playing a casual game, I use MCCC which has a setting that disables all emotional deaths.
Without it, my sims are always getting hysterical, some more than others.  But certain sims get hysterical every single day at least once. So annoying and we can't disable Sentiments.
I didn't know that resurrecting a ghost would dissolve both marital and romantic relationships.  That'sad.
Happy to hear that those two toddlers will have mommy around to raise them!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 01:21:07 PM »
When I'm playing a casual game, I use MCCC which has a setting that disables all emotional deaths.
Without it, my sims are always getting hysterical, some more than others.  But certain sims get hysterical every single day at least once. So annoying and we can't disable Sentiments.
I didn't know that resurrecting a ghost would dissolve both marital and romantic relationships.  That'sad.
Happy to hear that those two toddlers will have mommy around to raise them!

There's so much to MCCC, I wasn't aware of that setting! 
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, death breaks ALL bonds.  Also I don't know what happens with her spellcasting progress, she was maxed and had learned a LOT of CC spells, which took forever to do.  Her husband is also a spellcaster, so he could easily cast Dedeathify.  And even without that, Ambrosia is a lot easier to make when you can just go to the vendor and BUY a death flower!  By the way, if you have RoM, any sim can visit magic HQ, go to the vendor, and buy a death flower.  It might take a few visits before it's in stock that day.
For story reasons, Dad has no desire to extend his life.  Although, if Mom had been gone for good, he kind of would have had to-- if he kicked the bucket before at least one of the kids was a teen, that's a Game Over!