Author Topic: Speedy Over-Achiever  (Read 7198 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Speedy Over-Achiever
« on: August 27, 2021, 06:10:44 AM »
Speedy Over-Achiever

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Maybe it's time for you to aspire to complete this easy peasy challenge with very few restrictions — just knock out the Over-Achiever Achievement as quickly as you can. Every second counts.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS, create 1 YA Sim, Human.
  • Sims can change life states but must start as a Human.
  • Only the starting Sim can count completed aspirations for the challenge.
  • Additions to the household are allowed only if an Aspiration mentions a pet, kid, or spouse. As per the General Rules, Manage Households is off-limits.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The Challenge concludes when your starting Sim completes their fifth aspiration. Note: Ideally, you will receive the achievement flash on the screen as in the screenshot above, but some newer Aspirations may not trigger the achievement.

Scoring

Time (Minutes) — When the starting sim completes their fifth aspiration, pause the game and make a note of the time.  Plug the information into Lena's Spreadsheet to give you the total minutes for your score.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event Starts September 3
This Event Ends September 19

Player                            Time (Minutes)
Nandarelle1521
mismck1548
GlazeyLady2078
Nikitachi2201
jesslc5106
Teresa5141
math_chick5483
Metropolis Man6681
SueDenim7665
Nelleam8794
Delokkpsi10710
Eighty8Keys11345
jewels12920264
Granny Lawlor30788

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: Speedy Over-Achiever
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 06:31:27 AM »
Ohh, this may be the one my sore arm can survive! :D Thank you!

Additions to the household are allowed only as necessary for completing aspirations.

How far does that go? As far as I know, there are very few milestones that exactly require having someone else in the household. Do we speak about these only? In other words, do I understand correctly that if some milestone can theoretically be completed without adding other sims, then we can't add them just to speed things up/make it more convenient?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 10:17:30 AM »
Ohh, this may be the one my sore arm can survive! :D Thank you!

Additions to the household are allowed only as necessary for completing aspirations.

How far does that go? As far as I know, there are very few milestones that exactly require having someone else in the household. Do we speak about these only? In other words, do I understand correctly that if some milestone can theoretically be completed without adding other sims, then we can't add them just to speed things up/make it more convenient?

Teresa helped me put this challenge together, so she can chime in as well. Obviously, Aspirations like the Family ones or Soulmate come to mind for making it easier to have Sims in the household.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 11:10:42 AM »
If the aspiration mentions a pet or kid or spouse, those are the ones where you can add to the household. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »
If the aspiration mentions a pet or kid or spouse, those are the ones where you can add to the household. 

I reworded the following to reflect your answer....

• Additions to the household are allowed only if an Aspiration mentions a pet, kid, or spouse.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 07:22:38 AM »
Additions to the household are allowed only if an Aspiration mentions a pet, kid, or spouse.

Then we maybe should also add the line about not using Manage households to swap households between two houses, as it still adds extra sims to your household for a second.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 07:49:53 AM »
Additions to the household are allowed only if an Aspiration mentions a pet, kid, or spouse.

Then we maybe should also add the line about not using Manage households to swap households between two houses, as it still adds extra sims to your household for a second.

I do not have an issue if it's just a second. Plus, this already has gone live and some players may have used Manage Households.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »

I do not have an issue if it's just a second. Plus, this already has gone live and some players may have used Manage Households.

Um, doesn't it start on September 3?..

Regarding my opinion on the above - I'll PM you so it won't be revealing strategy in case you still decide to keep this without limitation.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 11:53:24 AM »

???
I'm confused. It says this challenge starts on the 3rd September above.

Also doesn't the general rules cover not using manage households unless the challenge rules specify otherwise? Under banned content it says:
"Household Management screen. Do not click on this tab during any challenge."
Doesn't this mean don't use manage households? That's what I thought it meant.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 12:46:58 PM »

Oops. My bad. I had a brain fart. Yeah, this starts next Friday.

EDIT:

I clarified...

• Additions to the household are allowed only if an Aspiration mentions a pet, kid, or spouse. As per the General Rules, Manage Households is off-limits.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 10:52:01 AM »
It's been brought to the team's attention that some newer Aspirations may not trigger the Over-Achiever Achievement. That's okay, just keep track of how many Aspirations you complete. I clarified this...

• The Challenge concludes when your starting Sim completes their fifth aspiration. Note: Ideally, you will receive the achievement flash on the screen as in the screenshot above, but some newer Aspirations may not trigger the achievement.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 01:26:37 PM »
I don't think I've ever been first to post score before, but I had Friday off and I keep running out of time to finish these, so I thought I'd knock it out.

Aspen Gilbert completed her fifth aspiration on Monday of Week 1 at 6:38 pm for a total of 2078 minutes.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »
I don't think I've ever been first to post score before, but I had Friday off and I keep running out of time to finish these, so I thought I'd knock it out.

Aspen Gilbert completed her fifth aspiration on Monday of Week 1 at 6:38 pm for a total of 2078 minutes.

GlazeyLady, that's an insanely short time!!! *flabbergasts

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

Wow! Just a day and a half. That's a high bar you set, Glazey. Very Speedy!

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 02:35:33 PM »
I had a lot of fun with this one - I love Aspiration challenges :)

Speedy Achiever completed his 5th Aspiration on Monday of Week 1 at 9:48 AM for a total of 1,548 minutes.