Author Topic: What are you building right now?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
What are you building right now?
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:51:14 PM »
Hello everyone,

I like building - and chatting about it. This thread is for all of you who like to do the same. You can post what you like about builds you have made, work in progress, describe them, ask for feedback or testing or just tell us what you are doing at the moment. I hope it will be interesting to post here. Pictures and links to builds are appreciated but not necessary, this is meant to be just a chat thread.

I'll start:
I'm building for the new world Henford on Bagley, and have made two builds for the lot 4 Olde Mill Lane. The first is just a remodel of the lot that ships with the game, to be a starter house for a farmer sim I later want to move to a proper and larger farm, which I haven't built yet. The second build is my sims 4 take on a mostly historical tradition to send cows into the mountains/woods for summer pasture, accompanied by the young generation to care for them. I plan for the farmer's teenage daughter to do this, and hopefully have some fun adventures in the woods while milking cows and making cheese. I made a large pond surrounded by winter green trees - that pond tool is so flexible and the water effects are all so good, I must restrict myself from applying them everywhere. I designated the lot as residential, but perhaps rental would work as well, I'll need to try that out with the cows.
I usually make a plan for the whole world before I start building, and try to give it a theme and with mostly community lots, or lots used as common venues even if designated as residentials. I don't upload, but just build for me.

How do you do?

(It's okay by me to resurface this thread, at any time)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: What are you building right now?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 09:10:42 PM »
This monstrosity, designed by a committee of 3 teen female spellcasters.  It isn't supposed to make sense.  This is just the shell, it's far from done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
Re: What are you building right now?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:17:38 AM »
Hehe, it looks great. I once intentionally made a really ugly building with the most horrific roof, just to have it as one of those sad buildings that serves a function, but that's it.

At first when I started to play the game I was surprised at how many simmers make buildings that look realistic, when you can in fact do whatever you like; but I caught the bug and think it is so much fun to make my world look like an impression in my head, based on real life aesthetics and structure. It's also a bit of a challenge to bend the game around something that it doesn't always do voluntarily.

Sometimes I make buildings just for the fun of it, not intended to be placed in my played world. Here is one, it's my telescopic cylinder arcade  ;D
TELESCOPIC CYLINDER ARCADE.jpgtelescopic cylinder arcade inside.jpg