Author Topic: Golden Chickens increase quality of many items!  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Reallifesimulation

• Nooboo
Golden Chickens increase quality of many items!
« on: August 14, 2021, 10:22:21 PM »
I figured I’d start a list of things I put out for the Golden Chickens to enhance every night. 
I lay them out like offerings on the table and by morning they’re max quality.
Perishables are kept for the daytime because the chicken are usually asleep at night.

Things the chickens definitely improve:
-meat
-eggs
-canned goods
-wool
-milk
-flowers
-produce
-woodworking items
-cheese
-honey

Things chickens don’t seem to upgrade (not definitive, might require more testing)
-fish
-candles
-fizzy juice

I’m playing on the PlayStation and attempting to get achievements, so I can’t use cheats.  I would like to check paintings, knitting, cross stitching, fabricated items, and anything else I eventually come across.
So feel free to chime in and share if you’ve got anything to add!

For what it’s worth, the chickens seem the most useful in the game. With evil chickens chasing off The Grm Reaper, Golden chickens abilities and lucrative eggs, they’re by far my favorite farm animals!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Golden Chickens increase quality of many items!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 11:16:24 AM »
I agree, with that being said, in another post I had commented on, just be careful of the wondering golden chickens as they will go all over the village to improve all plants.  I will say, I did not know the other things they improved.  Chickens also like to follow my sim everywhere! Lol. Thanks for the info.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
Oh yes, that reminds me… I keep them enclosed so I can find them easier. 
I’ve found that they can enhance items up to 10 squares away.  So chicken is on one side of fence, and a plant 9 squares from there will be enhanced, but the plant just beyond that won’t be. 
I initially plant things close to the fence, then move them to a cute garden area after they’ve been perfected by the chickens.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 01:49:47 PM »
I was keeping them enclosed too, but they love to follow my sim, so I just took the gate down.  I actually tried a golden chicken on the honey that was was always poor, yay, he got them all.  So many things to upgrade, so little time, lol.

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 09:01:44 PM »
I think you can lock doors and gates against chicken… and cats and dogs.  Not foxes though. Bummer!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 10:36:57 AM »
Most definitely, if I don't keep the door locked, she will have 15 gold chickens in the house and they love to come in the house and go in her bedroom while she is sleeping and crow, lol.  I am sure the gold chickens will find other stuff in her house to upgrade.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2024, 01:11:16 PM »
I like to watch the booths in Henford for a Golden Honey Milk, every fair day.  This gives the drinker a 2-hour moodlet that allows them to "Golden Pulse" objects as if they themselves are a golden chicken-- without having to have a chicken coop and live chickens!
Anyway, I was able to upgrade my completed jewelry from Crystal Creations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything