Author Topic: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim  (Read 30650 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim and So Much More
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2021, 03:57:12 PM »
Welcome back Ricalynn, so good to have you back.  I remember reading your stories and they were such a delight and this one is proving to be just as good. Actually, was thinking about you not too long ago and was wondering where you went off to.  Since I have retired, I have been coming on here more and more, my social calendar is so full you know, lol. Good to see you and looking forward to reading more.
Thank you, Diane! Times 2. It's good to be back honestly. And I think these last couple of years have been interesting and just socially full for all of us. or so it seems anyway. Glad to see you're enjoying your retirement though. And I look forward to seeing what you think about this new attempt.

Wow, welcome back! Looks like you're off to a great (and chaotic) start! Looking forward to a long and colorful dynasty.  ;D
Thank you Rhoxi! Oh.. if nothing else it will definitely be colorful/vibrant/chaotic  ;D ;) 8)

Welcome to the very first and likely not last Bloopers reel for Artie & Co. In my preparation for getting this done, I had a few hiccups as I forgot what challenge was playing so there were a few starts. During those starts, there were moments that needed to be shared but were lost when I started over fresh in a new file.

I have to share these. The next bloopers reel will hopefully be stuff that just doesn't fit into a chapter and not because of a restart. or maybe they'll come from when I do stuff outside the official file for 'reasons'. Who knows.  But enjoy these as I enjoyed them.

You've heard of give a mouse a cookie... but have you ever wondered if you give a Grim a slablet?  The trolling begins in 2.5 milliseconds.

Me: Oh My God what is wrong with this.
Artie: If you start puking green stuff, I'm sending these to the paps.

Judith: I'm just so amazing and I love it when you all fawn over me because I'm a star.
Artie: -randomly- You know what.. rain is good for showering.

Judith: -GASP-
Artie: I know. I am impressive.

Artie: -maniacal laughter-
Mortimer: Are you okay?

Artie: Hi Bella
Bella: Artie. I heard you were giving shows down on the beach.
Mortimer: I can't unsee it.

Artie: Hey Don.
Don: Sup?
Artie: Dude.. nothing you change about what you look like is gonna make up for that face. OR your personality.

The universe always has the last laugh, Malcolm

Me: Artie you need to lay off the fruitcake.
Artie: Huh?
Me: Booty popping all over the place. Maybe go for a run.

Artie: Hey... I'm looking for a gardener Sim to join my house. You interested?
Artie: Really.. no response?

-Same File-
Me: Be careful what you ask for Artie.
Meet Gardener 2 and Gardener 3 (This one reminds me of oshizu's Ayame from her LSD)

Artie: So what's your job?
Male Gardener: Is he kidding?
Ayame Wannabe: I think so.

Meet Gardener 4 - Kayla I think

And this is where Gardener 1 somehow manages to summon Gardener 5. FIVE. There were FIVE of them in that file. It was so tempting to move in all 5 but only one had colorful skin and well... Not sure that shade of green should ever go with red.

Malcolm: Don't run that way there's a fire.
Artie: Oh sorry. -starts running just like Malcolm on his way to put out the fire-
Malcolm: Not what I meant!

Geoffrey: -shakes his hand-
Artie: This thing isn't working.. -hits the button-
Geoffrey: Are you okay?
And yes, Nancy is randomly crying in the background. and it wasn't our fault. She hadn't even met Artie yet.

Artie: Hi. Someone tell me why this kid has a bag on his head and no shoes.. please?
Justin Delgato: Dude.. no judgment
Agnes: -arrives like a queen-

Agnes: -glares at Artie constantly-
Artie: I think she remembers hitting me with her bag in the other world.. Or maybe she just hates jokes about Sunset Valley

I love GeekCon. Always see interesting game interpretations of stuff.  But the dark green reaper? That could just be weird considering my overall story arc lol

And this is just tragic. That face with that lipstick on that skin tone. I'd be making that face too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rofl, I might have spit out my coffee at Judith's gasp at whatever (?) so impressed her.
I have never played Judith Ward. Is she as fun as you make her look?  Or is that mostly you and Artie making her seem interesting? lol

Wow, ALL the gardeners in one place, but no fisherpeeps? Not that you need a sim dedicated to fishing anymore, still.
HAHA, a gardener with the sim hairdo in the same color.  What are the chances?!
Malcolm attempting the Tropical look. Gotta give the boy a little credit for trying....

So, what is your favorite new world so far?  Or you want to explore before deciding? :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Rofl, I might have spit out my coffee at Judith's gasp at whatever (?) so impressed her.
I have never played Judith Ward. Is she as fun as you make her look?  Or is that mostly you and Artie making her seem interesting? lol

Wow, ALL the gardeners in one place, but no fisherpeeps? Not that you need a sim dedicated to fishing anymore, still.
HAHA, a gardener with the sim hairdo in the same color.  What are the chances?!
Malcolm attempting the Tropical look. Gotta give the boy a little credit for trying....

So, what is your favorite new world so far?  Or you want to explore before deciding? :)

It's probably me? I don't know. She is.. special because she comes with quirks and a bad reputation from the get-go. I loved the cash she brought in but she's such a hassle to get so I gave up the last three or four tries. I got the unicorn once but never again perhaps.

I think there was one fisherwoman that was old as sin. So.. there would have been no new Reid.

I'm not sure I have a favorite world really. At least for Artie. Del Sol is nice because it's just the three houses but inviting friends makes them take forever to get up to the house a bit. I've had 3 IDC starts and 2 legacies there so far. I'll always have nostalgia for Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Windenburg. And Newcrest was the home of the RDC so it felt weird going for there this time.

However. I have decided. I let the decision be made by the Painted Lady (a discord bot) and my niece (who used to be extra tiny during Artie's Lunar Lunacy and now she's almost double digits old. Which is crazy to me. That 4-year-old nephew from a long time ago is a teenager now. Time flies!)

Though Mini-me wanted me to do Sulani and I don't know enough about Sulani to do 8 generations. It's def-def-definitely on my list for the future Power of 10. As is Strangerville and Henford-on-Bagley.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim and So Much More
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2021, 08:36:58 PM »

Artie: Oh I remember this feeling. That feeling where someone is looking at me from the other side of this fourth wall here. And I'm in the room with the bad lighting and huge closet. -clears throat- Hi. Remember me? I'm the handsome Grim that I know all of you still think about. And this is my new story. 

Artie: Oh look. A field and a mailbox. This doesn't feel familiar at all! Though it's eerily quiet.
Voice: Oh. Um. Is.. Is this thing on?
Artie: Do you see me talking to myself? Trust me you'll know when it's happening.
Voice: Sorry this is my first time doing this. So.. hello -cough-
Artie: How did you get the reins if you're new?
Voice: I'm just here to tell you to check the mailbox. Then I was told to leave.
Artie: Well that's new.

Artie: Let's see here. A letter and a slablet. Who would send these?
Voice: Just read them. Okay? Um... Good luck.
Artie: -mumbles- Amateurs

Artie: Yep. That's my name. I have no idea what's going to be inside this envelope and I'm not sure I want to know. Then again this could be from The Boss and we all know not to ignore her. But on the third hand, this could be a chain letter from someone too. Ares would find it hilarious.. so would Apollo... Aker.. hell. Everyone in the family would. So it's gotta be a chain letter.

Voice: Um. Artie, sir. You're supposed to read that not toss it onto the ground.
Artie: Hark! From the tombs a doleful sound.
Voice: Uh.
Artie: Seriously kid. Where's my real watcher?
Voice: Uh.. you're not getting one this time as far as I know.

Artie: Oh no. That is NOT acceptable, Mr. Mailbox. I know you're in there, little man. You've been following me around since Sunset Valley. 

Artie: -still fussing at the mailbox- And another thing...
Voice: -muffled- Yes sir. We've got a code 0-5817.
-more fussing-
Voice: Okay. Yes. The first blue one. The third red and the big yellow one. Got it.

**LOUD STATIC NOISES**

Artie: I have got to stop eating those fish sticks that Angelica makes. Wait.. what's that smell...

Artie: Wow.. a green field. I haven't seen one of those since... Hidden Springs. Wait.. did I manage to ** off the Boss again.. or is this some kind of magical joke. Ares... you listening? Of all my children, you're the one with the biggest space rocks to do this to me.
**dial-up sound.. sudden whoosh.. random voice: You've got mail. Flag lifts up on the box.**
Artie: Wow.. taking it old school to avoid talking to me. I see how it is.

Artie: Artemis Grim.. well there's only like four people that would have written that.
-opens letter to read-
Hey Red man, 
Here's a slablet and 10 grand to get started on this new thing you've decided. I swear no one has forgotten you but if this is what you want, who am I to stop you? You will find the new rules bookmarked on the web. We moved them to a blog that's easier to get to than the forums from this new world you've got going on. Pay especially big attention to the bolded lines, dear. Good luck. Don't fail. Maybe make it snappy this time huh? A good ole speed run might be fun.

Artie: Oh look a slablet. And hello mister mailbox. Looks like it's just us for now. How about I check out these rules and you figure out who to contact about getting me a chair or something. K? k.

Artie: -grumbling while playing chess- I can't believe my first day here and it's cloud, cold and wet. And now the welcome wagon that they mentioned hasn't even shown up. Let's not forget some of my favorite people are here and am I allowed to ask them to move in? Nooooo.  Of course not. Stupid new rules. When Metro was in charge, I never had to deal with this—
Justin Delgato:  Hey! Welcome to the neighborhood.
Artie: Thank Carl.

Artie: Oh hey. I just realized I could use the rain to wipe off some of the sweat from earlier. Why don't you guys come into the gazebo while I wipe down?
Justin: I am not sure that's what I wanted to see. Are you a nudist?
Artie: Mayyybeee. Is that a thing you can do here?
Justin: Huh?
Artie: I'm testing the lifestyle.
Justin: Oh.. that must be a new one. But my wife is coming so if you could..
Artie: Fine...

Justin: So here's a fruitcake that I made.
Artie: Two fruitcakes meet in a gazebo...-snickers at own joke-
Supriya: Did you just call yourself a fruitcake?
Artie: Yes, but unlike this one, I have big cherries. -eats a slice- Oh wow.. this is amazing. I didn't realize fruitcake tasted so good.
Supriya: Wait you like it?
Justin: See.. I told you this wasn't a bad idea.

Artie: -playing in the rain- Wheeee I have a bush I can angry poop in...And this isn't so bad but it's starting to get cold. Maybe I should put on clothes before I turn into a Berry Sim.

Artie: Hey Summer. Nice to meet you.  Wait.. aren't you the one on a honeymoon somewhere?
Summer: -big frown- I wish.
Artie: Oh.. my bad. Not sure who that rumor was about then. 

Artie: -with his perfectly Artie umbrella- Well well well. Nancy Landgraab as I live and breathe.
Nancy: Do I know you?
Artie: You may not remember me, but I sure remember you. So what are you up to these days, huh?

Artie: Well I'm not the idiot that wore a skating costume out into the rain and got mad you can't peel it off.
Nancy: I'll have you know I can too take it off.
Artie: Well I double-dog on a statue behind me dare you.

Artie: -goes for a handshake- Well it's been real nice meeting you again, Nancy. Hope we can get together again soon.
Nancy: -gets shocked and likes it ++ - Absolutely.  Maybe I'll see you around my neighborhood next. It's much warmer.
Artie: Then why aren't we there?
Nancy: I have to go to work.
Artie: Since when is the nighttime business hours.
Nancy: Oh well.. it is for.. my current organization.
Artie: Nancy Jane... are you... -gasp- I can't believe it. Finally stopped cheating people lawfully and started doing it the right way. -fake sniff- So proud.

Artie: Hey kid. I'm Artie. Nice to meet you. Your moms said I could borrow your bed.
Malcolm: Of course she did. -sarcasm detected-
Artie: No for real. She and your dad won't even get mad. Watch.

Malcolm: They'll be here any minute now to kick you out...
Any minute...
((I really just loved this image because he's still looking in the wrong direction talking to Artie who is asleep and not listening.))

Artie: -paranoid glancing around- No one else is touching my grilled cheese. You hear me. It's mine. All mine. Why isn't anyone talking to me about how selfish that is? I hate the quiet. I hate it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Wheeeee, Artie has embarked!
His umbrella and white-with-red-hearts boxers are perfection!

For a moment there, I wondered if Artie had chosen the Clothing Optional lot trait. Please tell me he didn't, lol.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
You ladies made me check to see what he did have. I knew it wasn't clothing optional but I couldn't remember what I had chosen. Well apparently on my official file - I forgot! All the restarts made me think I had some going but apparently, I don't. I'll have to think of them later I guess. Sadly/Fortunately, Clothing Optional is not an option for any type of residential.

Artie's first sims 4 IDC - it was Julie the gardener that would randomly get naked and we didn't even have seasons yet. Now he's just doing it for kicks I guess.  Maybe it's part of erratic I didn't notice before. -shrug-  New update to come this afternoon or tomorrow. I seriously need to catch you guys up because I just hit the red man's first in game birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 2: Roommates]
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »

Artie: HI! -screaming over his earbuds- I WAS JUST TRYING TO.. -cough- READ SOME FORUMS.
Green man: You don't have to yell young man.
Artie: Oh.. right. I was hoping to multi-task like we did in the old days but it's just not the same. Oh and look.. you're the third person in a third location. See ya around. Stay single. I might need you later.
Green man: You're a strange Sim.
Artie: Oh you don't know the half of it.

Nancy being all fancy on her skates. Right after this.. she fell on her face.

Artie: The guys will never believe me when I tell them I met Dustin Broke. Hey, I heard Angela was over at Uni.
Dustin: Angel who?
Artie: Oh man.. you're breaking my heart right now. But you're still awesome. Thanks for the selfie.
Dustin: Hey yea. Anything for a fan.
Artie: One day, I'm gonna be a star and I plan to introduce you to Angela... if I can find her.
Dustin: Sure. If you say so, dude.

Artie: Oh yea.. Hijinks Festival. Time to get my mischief on.
-many victims pop up, then she appears-
Artie: Well hey there pink lady. I see you're choosing the winning side.
Lena Diehl: Of course the pranksters are gonna win.
Artie: Yep because I'm here to win it for them.
Lena: Is that so...
Artie: What's your name and what do you do?
Lena: I'm Lena and I'm a Show Stopper.
Artie: -learns all three traits- And what's your favorite color
Lena: I like red.
Artie: Excellent. Have fun!

Kaori: -comes over to tell a joke-
Artie: So you're the one the fuss is about.
Kaori: I don't know what you mean.
Artie: I mean I've heard some things about how awesim you are.
Lena: Wait a minute. I was trying to tell a joke here.
Artie: Relax Lena. Kaori is just a teenager from Komorebi I wanted to meet.
Lena: A teenager huh? So about that...

Artie: So... you're Lena's kid.
Magnus who was renamed from Gonzalo because I couldn't imagine using that name every week for the next month: And you're the strange red man who followed her home from San Myshuno.
Artie: Yeah I was hoping that you guys lived somewhere better but this isn't a bad neighborhood.. exactly. My boy Mitch lives across the street.
Magnus: So why are you here and why are you talking to me?
Artie: Well you see kid. I'm gonna play it with you straight. You look cool. So I'm gonna go sleep in your bed then I'm gonna wake up your moms and we're gonna get to be real friendly. And then I'm going to change your life.
Magnus: So you're going to be my new dad.
Artie: Whoa Whoa. I never said that. I just think that you need a man in your life that can steer you into doing what's good for you and of course for me. And I offer you the comforts of a male figure in your life, your dreams coming true, and eventually even a watcher.
Magnus: Why eventually?
Artie: Red tape is getting in the way of the one I want right now. For now.  Enjoy your beans. Fart outside. Get some sleep before school.

Lena: I love watching the clouds go by.
Artie: Yea this is great but I just realized I know an even better thing.
Lena: What's that?
Artie: Let's take a photo together!

Artie: There ya go sweetheart. Smile big. And *click*
Lena: Wow.. you took five in a row.
Artie: I wanted to make sure we got a great photo!
Lena: -suddenly good friends with Artie- That's awesim. You're kind of awesim too
Artie: Thank you for noticing. So I was.
Lena: Hold that thought.. gotta pee.

Artie: So hey.. heard you washing your hands and I was wondering if you would like to move in with me.
Lena: Excuse me?
Artie: I'm asking you to join me over in Brindleton Bay. Big yard, eventually the house will be great. Can do whatever you want..
Lena: That sounds great but you could have waited for me to get out of the bathroom.
Artie: Nah this is kind of a thing for me. I'll explain later. Let's sell all your stuff and go to my place.

And here is the result of a sudden bit of cash for the Grim Household - A very pretty shell! I modeled it after a house I found on the gallery a few days prior and let me tell you.. it was not easy to recreate lol.

And since most of the money went into the layout of the house and yard... well this is possibly the poorest conditions Artie's ever lived in.. ever.

Lena and Magnus are sleeping.
Artie: And that's how it's done. Coulda been done faster if someone was watching and commenting but noooo I'm on my own.
Timid Male Voice: Uh. About that. Hi.
Artie: Shh don't wake them.
Voice: Oh don't worry I won't. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a big fan from way back in the day and I was asked to sit here and attempt to help but.. I'm still learning. I just figured out how to put the mic on.
Artie: Another amateur?
Voice: Yea sorry. But hey. I see you got your first set of victims.
Artie: Yea. Did you help with the house?
Voice: I did what I could
Artie: No no. it's great. Can you help my friends out with a little makeover?
Voice: Oh yea. I think I know how to do that.
Artie: Awesim. Well, I need a nap.
Voice: And tomorrow more mischief?
Artie: No my friend. Tomorrow... I sign up for my first term at Foxbury Institute
Voice: Uhh... Why?
Artie: Because I've decided to get my distinguished degree in Villainy. -evil chuckle- G'night kid
Voice: Uhh.. Good Night

Lena Diehl - Adult - Music Lover, Geek, Animal Enthusiast
Career: Level 10 Entertainer/Comedian
Aspiration: Archaeology Scholar Nerd Brain  ((She might get it back. I haven't decided.))

Gonzalo Magnus Diehl - Teen - Goofball, Loner
High School Student - Grade: C
Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire

Vlad: -knocks-
Artie: Sorry, sir there's no blood bags here.
Vlad: I just want to welcome you to the neighborhood.
Artie: Delgatos already did that. They're across the way. Go visit them.
Vlad: They have a dog.
Artie: Not my problem. Go away before I fast-track my way to a cure. I feel like I've done that before.
Voice: You haven't.
Artie: Then I definitely dreamed about it.
Vlad: So.. that's a no on the invite?
Artie: 100 percent. Good day, sir.
Vlad: O—
Artie: I said Good Day, Sir!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Update: Chapter 2]
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2021, 06:10:41 PM »
I love the house. That "take photo of/with" is the best glitch(?) ever, isn't it. It feels so cheaty, but hey ain't no Artie got time for all that social back and forth just to steal some money improve someone's living situation, am I rite? Hmm. Does the degree mean we'll be playing on long?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 06:24:37 PM »
I was soooo excited that Lena Diehl was a Level 10 Comedian until I remembered that this is an IDC, not a Legacy Challenge, LOL!

The house looks amazing! I think it's worth going all out on the exterior and layout at first.
That way, you only have to furnish the place. I hate building a little at a time; I'd rather have my sims sleep on the lawn for a bit first.
So glad to see that The Gazebo retains its pride of place!

I'm thinking that the Diehls are the help rather than Artie and Lena being an OTP, but then again she's pink and of child-bearing age.
*sits back with popcorn to wait for more to happen

P.S. And yes on changing Gonzalo's name. He sounds like a  cheese. Wait, no, that's Gorgonzola.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2021, 10:07:22 PM »
First off, Love the house. Second, "Enjoy your beans. Fart outside. Get some sleep before school." That was gold, that sounds like something that would be said at my house.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Update: Chapter 3]
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2021, 04:04:40 PM »
I love the house. That "take photo of/with" is the best glitch(?) ever, isn't it. It feels so cheaty, but hey ain't no Artie got time for all that social back and forth just to steal some money improve someone's living situation, am I rite? Hmm. Does the degree mean we'll be playing on long?
No. Not playing on long. Apparently just like a challenge or something. I don't know. We shall see if the gamble pays off. And yes it's a nice quick way to make friends that's for sure.

I was soooo excited that Lena Diehl was a Level 10 Comedian until I remembered that this is an IDC, not a Legacy Challenge, LOL!

The house looks amazing! I think it's worth going all out on the exterior and layout at first.
That way, you only have to furnish the place. I hate building a little at a time; I'd rather have my sims sleep on the lawn for a bit first.
So glad to see that The Gazebo retains its pride of place!

I'm thinking that the Diehls are the help rather than Artie and Lena being an OTP, but then again she's pink and of child-bearing age.
*sits back with popcorn to wait for more to happen

P.S. And yes on changing Gonzalo's name. He sounds like a  cheese. Wait, no, that's Gorgonzola.
I know Right? I did the same thing. -gets a popcorn refill for her-

And yes while the name does offer some possible jokes later. This one is much better. Especially since now you make me wonder if he had gotten shocked, caught on fire or been hit by lightning if he would have been a fried cheese stick or grilled cheese.  ;D :o

Though. Did you catch what I did with the name? My sister suggested it. Magnus meaning large and Diehl being said kind of like deal. So he's a big deal. -nodnod-

First off, Love the house. Second, "Enjoy your beans. Fart outside. Get some sleep before school." That was gold, that sounds like something that would be said at my house.
Definitely would have been said by some of my family lol

Thank you everyone for your compliments on the house. Like I said, I copied it from someone else's work and did my own version of recreation. As time goes on it will be a little closer to the original but I will definitely be recoloring and decorating my way.

More to come.... right now!

First day at Foxbury...
Artie: And you know what. I think your Mama was a Llama and she clearly told you it was okay to dress like this. Which it isn't.
Yuusuke Ando: '--' -gasp- No I don't.
Artie: I've seen better threads on a dog. Strangely the mange is the same though.
Mr. Ando's Son: I really dislike you.
Artie: Oh yea? Bet I can make you hate me.
Yuusuke: Huh?

Artie: -starts smacking him around- See I'm just going to keep doing this until you give in to your hate.
Yuusuke: Really? Wanna Slap fight?
Artie: Not at all. Think you're man enough to try me?

Artie: You tried. but you've been found wanting.
Yuusuke: Whoa.  I'm seeing strange lights.
Artie: Don't worry it's not the fireflies.
Yuusuke: Huh?
Artie: Ooh time for my first class. Latah!

Lena randomly decided to watch tv while her son lost a game to the new cat lady. She was supposed to be working out or playing chess and he was supposed to be doing his homework. Neither one are very good at listening.

Voice: How are you even...?
Artie: She was in my spot.
Voice: That doesn't mean merge your body with hers! Aren't there like side effects of that?!
Artie: Not usually. And this paper isn't going to write itself since we don't have a computer so she's gonna shoo and so are you.

Lena: So how was it after I left for work last night?
Artie: Oh you know... boring. I did my paper. I made an enemy. Watched someone tinker on a bot. Got into a fight. Threw a drink in someone's face. The usual.
Lena: Yea it sounds like it. That your homework?
Artie: Yea. Some of this stuff I already know but some of it.. well I'd never thought of it that way. I can't wait to use it on someone tomorrow.

Artie: Ladies... wanna wager?
Clara: I'm in. How about teams? Whose team do you want on Red man?
Artie: I've heard of your club so yours. Duh.
Clara: Smart man.

Clara: College girls.. so quick to take a dare.
Artie: I know. That was fun. Wanna go against each other now?
Clara: Think you can buddy?
Artie: Oh baby... I know I can.

Artie: Okay so.. you got one. That's fine. -acts tough and gets delighted with an enemy nearby- But can you do it again before I do?

Artie: Boom. Again. Drink up my little danish.
Clara: I am married you know -little glare-
Artie: That I do. We've met. Now drink up and I'm sure he'll appreciate my hard work later.

Artie: Game, Set, Match.
Clara: Wrong game. And gloating isn't necessary.
Artie: I'm sorry. Have we met? I'm Artie Grim.
Clara: -rolls her eyes and drinks her last drink-

Artie: Oh my Carl. It's Brytani Cho. She's awesim
Voice: Pull yourself together man. Yuusuke's watching.
Artie: But it's Brytani. She's so awesim. Hey, Brytani.. can I have a picture?
Brytani: Uh. No.
Yuusuke: -smug in the corner, stuck in place for some reason-

Artie: Well hello good sir. Do I know you?
Random Sim: No you don't but I thought I'd come say hi.
Artie: Well Hi. -phone rings- One sec.

Artie: I'd love to chat. Not really, but a woman has asked me to the opera. Why would I resist?
Random Sim: Hey what about me?
Artie: I don't care.

Voice: Oh no. What do I do? What Do I do...?
Magnus: Did you hear something?
Random Vamp: Uh no. No. No hissing or anything.
Magnus: Huh. I thought I heard a voice.
Random Vamp: Oh didn't hear that either.

Artie: -comes back from opera to find vamp still here- SO hey buddy. What gives?
Vamp: Oh nothing just saying hi.
Artie: We don't do hi here to bloodsuckers.
Magnus: Wait you're a vamp?
Artie: Yea and nothing against your kind. I just happen to like my plasma where it is. So I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Otherwise, you'll get to meet Cineáltas and Grásta.
Vamp: Who are they?
Artie: -holds up his left fist- This is Cineáltas. -holds up his right fist- This is his friend Grásta.
Vamp: Hey hey.. no need to get violent. I'm outta here.
Magnus: So what language was that?
Artie: Oh it's a Watcher language.
Magnus: What did the names mean?
Artie: Kindness and Grace
Magnus: -cracks up laughing-
[ btw this is true. The language is Gaelic. ]

Magnus: -having a moody day- Why are we at the fair? -kind of whiny-
Artie: You're going to make some friends or at least get in a better mood and I'm gonna see what's for sale.
Magnus: Fine... if I have to.
Artie: -chuckling- Oh trust me. You have no choice.

Magnus: -complains about teenage life problems- And then he left me here to go to the romance festival.
Old Man whose name I can't remember: -glares- You youngins really need to learn a thing or two about hardships. Back in my day...
Bartender: Here we go again.

Artie: So. I'm not sure why I'm doing this but I was wondering if you could tell anything about my future baby mama.
Guru: Baby mama?
Artie: Yes the woman who will be my other half in this lifetime.
Guru: I see.

Artie: Oh really...
Voice: That's promising

Artie: Hey Angela. How are you doing?
Angela Pleasant: Oh hi. I'm doing great. Do I know you?
Artie: I study with your sister at Foxbury.
Angela: Oh that's great.
Artie: Oh and I've taken few selfies with you two's future boyfriends.
Angela: Um what?
Artie: Oh you know... Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke.
Angela: Aren't those two celebrities?
Artie: Oh.. right. AUs and all that. Don't worry. I can make it right. Just give me time.
Angela: Sure okay. Well, have a nice night. I'm gonna go now.

Artie: What are you staring at?
Random Sim: You.
Artie: You can't have my snack.
Random Sim: That's not the snack I want.
Artie: You can't have that snack either.
Random Sim: Are you sure? Hi, my name is Destiny.
Artie: Yeah... no it's not. And just no. Buh-bye.
Not Destiny: You sure?
Artie: Buh-bye.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2021, 06:14:46 PM »
Magnus Diehl--I didn't get the pun until you explained but I love it!
Oooh, Artie scooching in to get the uni PC away from that other student. I briefly wondered why it would get a lap dance at Larry's Lagoon (forgot the venue's actual name).
Artie looking completely dapper in his formal.

And, lastly, nice try, Not-Destiny!
P.S. I love Brytani Cho and her AZZ pants. *winks  (Tbh, she's a favorite townie of mine, barring her Goofball trait as I live in fear of hysteria.)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2021, 06:29:37 PM »
Magnus Diehl--I didn't get the pun until you explained but I love it!
Oooh, Artie scooching in to get the uni PC away from that other student. I briefly wondered why it would get a lap dance at Larry's Lagoon (forgot the venue's actual name).
Artie looking completely dapper in his formal.

And, lastly, nice try, Not-Destiny!
P.S. I love Brytani Cho and her AZZ pants. *winks  (Tbh, she's a favorite townie of mine, barring her Goofball trait as I live in fear of hysteria.)

Haha. I haven't messed around with her but since Magnus has the goofball trait. We've had to calm ourselves down a few times. Lemme tell ya.

Also I just learned something and I have to share.  Apparently when you don't like a Sim. You don't just "Send Home" it literally gives the option to "Get Off My Lawn!."  Cranky Old Man Artie still lives in theory. Haha

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Update: Chapter 4]
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2021, 05:22:37 PM »

Tonight on Plumbob News: An Autonomous Hug gets a little weird.
Two friends were enjoying a chat before heading out to the Flea Market. A discussion about the joys of prank day then turns awkward when a hug combined with someone walking away turns into a nightmare. More at 11ish.

Lena: Yes! Thank you.
Supriya: Hey I'm glad I could help. That last rumor was really funny but it's not true, right?
Lena: Oh that wasn't really a rumor. It's true. He is.

Nina Caliente: I can still smell the scent of the flowers from the Romance Festival. Can't you?
Artie: No. I smell... ew Nina was that you.
Nina: No. Ugh. What in the world.
Artie: -continues to annoy (as usual) until prank day is complete- Yes. Oh and I'm taking this thing you have here.

What does Magnus do while his mother punks Supriya and Artie annoys Nina? He paints. He popped like three whims in a row about doing the mural so that's what he was doing!  I can't tell what it's supposed to be though.

Magnus: You look cold
Mana Ikeda: Yeah it's freezing all of a sudden.
Magnus: -reaches out to shake her hand but uses the buzzer- That should warm you up.
Mana (I didn't make this up): Uhh.. thanks. Hey, don't you live with the red guy?
Magnus: Aren't there a couple of red guys these days?
Mana: The one that likes to send me chain letters.
Magnus: Uhh.. don't think so.
Mana: Well if it's him tell him I meant what I said. Die. In. A Fire. Later
Magnus: Oh Artie.

Voice: It wouldn't be a rainy day in Brindleton Bay without someone taking a shower in the rain.
Artie: It's refreshing!
Voice: But why are you using your umbrella if you're trying to wash off?
Artie I don't want my hair wet.

We got a few more things for the house after Lena went to work. Artie likes to do his homework on their bed instead of sitting at the island counter.  Magnus does everything he can to bring that C up to a B. And Lena is making side cash while leveling that handiness up for Nerd Brain. Yay Dynasty stuff.

Artie: Hey I"m off to class. Finals day can't be late
Mood Swing Magnus: Okay.. Bye.
Artie: Uh you okay buddy.
Mood Swing Magnus: Just great. Go already.
Artie: We're gonna talk when I get home.

A new term starts and Artie accepts a Sports Scholarship. Now he has to make friends with the other players. For twenty minutes they all stare in various positions.

Then autonomously they start a juggling contest. Artie got second but the blonde beat him with 58 to 54.

Nanami: Watch out!
Artie: Ahh. Not my face. My beautiful face. Just kidding I got this. -headbutts it back-
Nanami: What?
Artie: Nothing. Hey after this. I think I wanna take photos with all of you.
Nanami: Sounds great!

Magnus: I want a cupcake.
Freezer Bunny: No.
Magnus: But I want it.
Freezer Bunny: No.
Lena: Will you stop holding the fridge open already?
Magnus: -narrows eyes- Soon.

Lena: -still helping him with his homework-
Magnus: -puts homework down and starts working on a selfie for Simstagram-

Voice: Right color, wrong spot.
Artie: -still crying out-
Voice: I've always wondered. If you bleed, can you actually see the blood?
Artie: -starts complaining about his finger and non-helpful bystanders-
Voice: You're so cranky when you have to learn new skills.

This photo doesn't properly show off just how much Lena was getting down with this dance workout. Like.. she can move and I had never seen a Sim move in those angles before. :o

Lena: -becoming disgusting from working out to a dance video-
Nathan: -ignoring her and keeps reading-
The Watcher: -pondering a pairing then decides against it and moves on-

Magnus: Hey I was looking for the Festival.. oh sorry didn't mean to disturb you.
Kaori: -who looks like she's seething- It's right over there. Just follow the flags.
Magnus: Look. I get it. We all get mad sometimes. Just don't take it out on small children, animals, or art. If you see a dark red man running around.. he absolutely loves it when someone yells at him and calls his mama a llama. -flashes a grin-
Kaori: -cracks a little- I think I met him before. Thanks. Go enjoy the festival before it closes!

Magnus: I wonder what to wish for. Artie has been taking care of my dreams and he gave us a much better house even if it is almost empty but that will change. He's already said I can go to school if I want. Maybe...
Voice: You could wish for a harem of girlfriends to have lots of purple babies with.
Magnus: Uh.. did you say that dude?
Other guy: Uh I didn't say anything.

This is me taking random photos of the colors in my dynasty. But check it out.. he's not bad-looking and he's pink-red. So tempting. Yanno? That other guy - he's old and blonde. so no.

Magnus: Get in here you poor overheated soul.
Mascot: Not really. I'm only wearing my boxers under here and we get some strong breezes.
Magnus: I don't know whether to be grossed out or to commend you for your brilliance.
Mascot: Both?
Magnus: Both.

Magnus: I always thought a Simmi was a music thing. Apparently, I've been getting that wrong. To spend cash on an outfit or to not do it. Well... I do have a sudden urge to do it so why not.

Magnus: Not sure that was worth the money. But I blend in and I'm happier for having checked that off. Hm.  What next. Oh.. let's check out this capsule.

Ha. Just Ha.

Magnus: Hey. You should meet my roommate. He likes his women vibrant like you.
Chick: What's your roommate's name?
Magnus: Artie. Artie Grim.
Chick: Ugh. Not that guy. Bye.

anything