Author Topic: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim  (Read 30321 times)

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim and So Much More
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »
This story is amazing. Can't wait to keep reading!
The Swift Power of 10 Dynasty: Taylor Swift (IN PROGRESS - GEN 1)
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
I'm glad Kaya survived her actually-could-have-been fatal encounter with the vending machine.

The readers overlooking something, you say?  You mean the purple elephant who might or might not unofficially make it into Artie's boudoir?
So....Aggie, huh?

Backyard's looking fab as does Artie in his crim outfit!
So.. the vending machines are fatal?!  Good to know!

And yea.. that wasn't it. ;) But I'm sure you'll figure it out my friend. You're super smart. Or you can ask and you know I'll give up the deets. in private.

This story is amazing. Can't wait to keep reading!
Thank you! I hope to keep the ball rolling with this so that we're all very much enjoying it.

And I feel like this needs to be added to the story somewhere. So I added it to the first post but I'm putting it here for anyone who has moved past that point already.

Disclaimer: While this is a continuation of a story I've done for a decade, reading the previous threads should not be required. Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer so that you feel as in the know like everyone else!

Just so it's said!  8) ;D 

More coming because I'm just so very excited to get this next part done and I know it may hold some things that previous readers will get that new readers will not. So again. Ask questions. As I say at work, no such thing as a stupid question. Just the unasked one.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 05:52:09 PM »
It has something to do with that bedroom?? I need to go back and re-examine Artie's boudoir. I need to hide this from from a certain chrome dome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 06:18:45 PM »
It has something to do with that bedroom?? I need to go back and re-examine Artie's boudoir. I need to hide this from from a certain chrome dome.

*joins sdhoey with a magnifying glass to re-examine the bedroom. 
Nope, I got nuttin'...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »

The Boss: Oh Bigglesworth. You're such a good minion. Thank you for passing along the word of this meeting though I suppose we shouldn't keep them waiting.
Bigglesworth: Yet, you could because you are The Boss. They are at your beck and call. Not the other way around.
The Boss: Very true. But it's time. The three of them together always vex me. And we need to get this out in the open once and for all.

The Boss: I called this meeting of the three factions to bring back the three competitors in our last arrangement to discuss where we go from here. The disconnect that caused you all to go back to your homes was unfortunate, but the truths that we were all working towards remain. As the holder of the original charter, I invoke Clause 13 to bring us all together to discuss a cease and desist upon the last set of grievances.

Ankou: What do you mean you want to call a cease and desist? It was your faction that somewhat started this. Then you inflamed the issue to keep it going.

Ankou: In fact, I think you forget the real victims that are out there thanks to your accusations and power plays.

Ankou: Unless of course, you're here to let us know that you've thought of a way to get all of that cleared up with the cease and desist. Then those with magic are all for it.

Ankou: Though. Why am I the only representative? Shouldn't we have the others since there are three of you and just one of each of us?

R-T33: I am intrigued by this proposal and the invoking of Clause 13. There has to be something that we're not seeing.

R-T33: -ignoring the sudden change in facial hair like the audience- We simply cannot let it stand the treatment that we and our agent have received at the hands of this group for many years. In fact, thanks to all of you. That agent is permanently lost because of all of you. We don't even know how to get her back!

R-T33: Unless of course, you've figured out how to do that as well. Or of course, you're willing to do the fair exchange we've asked for and the release of the origin clause to the masses.

R-T33: That wouldn't be what we're doing here is it?

R-T33: Or are you here to let us know that there was a clear winner in the last competition and that the person is the one that will choose the fate of such things.

R-T33: I admit. I wasn't prepared to make such a decision
Artie: Excuse me?!
Reuben: Here we go.
Boss: Artie...

Artie: No. I can't believe he thinks he was the winner of that when last I heard he hadn't moved any farther than us. And if it wasn't for him—
The Boss: ARTEMIS GRIM

The Boss: Reuben would you be a dear and turn to Clause 13 in the text so that these idiots can remember what it means for me to have called this before I send them all back to the void.
Bigglesworth: Also make sure the interference is running so nothing can be recorded.
The Boss: Such a good minion.

The Boss: And you...
Artie: Yes Boss?
The Boss: Shut. Your. Trap. If you're not here to help, then I have no problem throwing you into a pod where you can hear but not see what I plan to reveal.
Artie: Uhh. Sure.

The Boss: Gentlemen and I use that term loosely. Behind this wall is something that I wish to show all of you that I think will help us work towards an accord. However, if you continue to make this meeting hostile, then I will take my surprise and throw all three of you back in Newcrest with absolutely no help beyond perhaps Bigglesworth and Reuben. That would mean building for yourselves, fending for yourselves, having to actually manage your own households by yourselves.

The Boss: Especially you Mister I think I'm being forgotten and need to do something to remind people who I am.
Artie: My following needs to know I'm still awesim.

The Boss: You're only as awesim as I allow you to be.
Artie: No that is very much not true. I am—
Ankou: I believe this is getting off-topic.
The Boss: Yea Shut it.

Artie: You started it.
Ankou: Artemis!
The Boss: *mocking* You started it. *evil cackle* And I'll finish it. I know how to get to all of your children, red man.

The Boss: So now that that's handled are you gents ready to get down to business? On the table is the discussion on if the balance is currently being maintained and if past grievances are affecting said balance.

Artie: Don't forget that whole someone tried to make me fail and took away my watcher.
The Boss: Did you think I forgot?
Artie: Well No... Just. In case they did.
The Boss: Hmph.

The Boss: I could always see if we can somehow make sure the doll joins the watchers as a free agent since you seem to need a handler.
Artie: And here I thought I was your favorite.
The Boss: Favorite victim perhaps.
Artie: -gets up like he's going to leave-

Reuben: -who stole the comfy seat- Artie. settle down. We know you were attached since she was also family but we need to get through this.
The Boss: -gloating-

Reuben: Don't forget the whole reason that they even thought we were doing an imbalance is when we moved beyond just being the ferrymen to suddenly having one of our own cheating that which we are at our core. Death.
Artie: Et Tu Reub-ay.
Reuben: Just trying to keep things settled. Let her show you what's behind door number 1000 over there. Okay. Trust me.
Artie: Fine.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 08:35:25 PM »

Meanwhile...
R-T33: Stay away from me foul feline.
Bigglesworth:  I always heard your kind was scared of us. Is it true it's because we're smarter?
R-T33: Not even a little bit.

Bigglesworth: Prove it. Pet me.
R-T33: I will not be baited into breaking the treaty by touching a member of another faction. Even if you are neutral in accordance with Article C Alpha Tango
Bigglesworth: Don't worry I won't scratch you. I prefer biting.
The Boss: Bigglesworth...
Bigglesworth: Saved by the Boss...

Reuben: I think now would be a great time to show them the surprise and then let everyone work out how this is going to go before someone explodes.
Artie: -hums and shifts around-
The Boss: -already annoyed- If everyone can behave.

Ankou: Please. Let's just get this out of the way because time is getting away from us. You keep teasing us and I don't think that this is getting us anywhere.
R-T33: And if you're hiding my agent behind that wall, I demand to know now.

Ankou: You have no leg to stand on to demand anything, clone bait. We both know that your agent is lost unless we go back in time towards the other realm. That project was so awful that no one wanted to resurrect and you're the only one that feels the need to keep it going which is why it really is no longer a piece of business that's important. You failed. Find something else to do. I hear probing is still going strong.
R-T33: I'm not a failure.
Ankou: Of course you're not, darling
Reuben: -whispering- Do you see that?
Artie: -whispering- That was kind of sweet to watch.
The Boss: Yes I do believe it's time to reveal what I have.

The Boss: -cackles delightedly as she enters her orders into her tablet to get the surprise to suddenly appear on the other side of the wall- Reuben. Go stand in place to remove the wall.

The Boss: Now if you gentlemen are ready, I shall show you what I'm hiding. Reuben. Show us what's behind door number 1000.

Artie: Huh?
R-T33: You're kidding right
Ankou: I don't know what to say to this.
The Boss: -giggling-
Giant Gnome: -muffled- What? Expecting Father Frost?

Artie: What is with the costumes? How is this supposed to help us put everything behind us when all I see is two giant freaks who can't even show up in proper attire to a meeting.

The Boss: I chose those costumes.
Artie: Did I say they were stupid? No of course not. Just you know I hate the suspense. It's not good for my heart.
The Boss: Neither is your mouth

R-T33: I hate to agree with the red man but I also don't get what's up with the costumes. Maybe it would be better if we knew what was beneath the felt fabric to know the momentous occasion you've decided to grace us with.
Ankou: A little think there.
Gnome: Yep.

R-T33: Aren't these games beneath all of us as the powerful beings we truly are? Just get them to change into something else less.. all-encompassing.
Ankou: I hate to agree with either of them but I also feel like this is a bit too theatrical even for you.
The Boss: Alright. You may both change into your other outfits.

Gnome and Bunny become Reaper Slim and Reaper Curvy.
R-T33: Really? There's another costume..?
The Boss: What? Don't you recognize them? Just look close into their hoods to see their eyes.
Artie: I know they're both female unless those are some impressive moobs they've got.

Artie: Helloooo Ladies. I'm Artie. Maybe you've heard of me. You're both looking mighty cute in your robes even if they are fake.
Familiar Voice: Ew, old man. Just stop. Right there.
Ankou: Whaaaat?

Artie: Awkward...
R-T33: Is this supposed to mean anything to us really? I don't see how this is fair to any of us if you keep playing these games. Perhaps we should see them in normal everyday clothes that don't go in the cosplay or costume category.
Ankou: It's you... isn't it?
Curvy Reaper: Who?

Artie: Wait. You guys aren't normal reapers, are you?
Ankou: No you idiot. But they are Grims!
Artie: You are? That coloring...

The Boss: I know none of you are expecting me to give it away.. right?

Artie: I mean... That makes you both pretty awesim but I'm not sure if I can place where we know you from. How about you show us a little more? Huh, Ladies?
Reaper Slim: Can you believe this old fool?
Reaper Curvy: Actually I can.
R-T33: Unless you're both afraid to show us your true faces. Then I think it's time that I get back to my actual occupation away from all of your crazy people.

The Boss: Oh cry me a river, spaceman. This isn't some sob story about your lost agent or anything else. Look a little closer.
Artie: Boss?
The Boss: Remove yourself from my chair.

Bigglesworth: Hello darlings. How I've missed you both.
In unison: Hello pretty kitty.
Slim: Keeping out of trouble?
Curvy: Enjoyed any fishing lately?
Bigglesworth: Cute. How about you both show your faces. Especially you, little one. I think our friend Ankou could use the boost from knowing he was right.
Slim: Alright. Then I guess I could put on something that may let him know if he's right.
Curvy: What about me?
Bigglesworth: One at a time.

Fairy: Hello old friend. Remember me now?
R-T33: Now there's a face I haven't seen in some time.
Ankou: I knew it was you. 
Fairy: I kind of miss when you were red.
Ankou: Well you know. My kind isn't in this realm. So I grow fangs these days.
Fairy: -giggles- Oh... I know.

R-T33: -hides his smile- That's right. It's been quite some time. But does that mean...
Curvy: My turn then.

R-T33: Oh you've got to be kidding me. Really?! How is this supposed to help me decide upon going along with this when everyone gets something they want but the Tech?!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 08:37:29 PM »

Ankou: I can't believe it's you here in the flesh. I feared you were lost too.
Fairy: Just a little occupied. Another six kids going through puberty
Ankou: What does that put you up to these days?
Fairy: Almost as much as the old man.. 19.
Artie: I.. Wow. I always knew you weren't just lost.
R-T33: I'm waiting, little tyrant.

The Boss: Excuse me? You have no power here and as the holder of the ancient texts, this is within my realm of influence. You forget yourself Tech. Who are you but the lesser beings within our worlds? When each new world is brought to light there are two constants. Watchers and me with my minions. Sometimes your kind is allowed to come and sometimes his kind is allowed but never from the beginning. Always something that comes after. For I am the necessity that makes these worlds turn and I will have none of your insolence!

Ankou: Oh how I've missed you, little one.
Artie: Today is such a good day all of a sudden. Thank the.. well... Thank Carl.
Curvy: Oh Artie...
Artie: I'm serious. I would be up for just about everything right now.
Bigglesworth: -clears throat-

Bigglesworth: That's it. Right there. Oh, you do remember how I like that after all.
Artie: You caught me on a good day, furball.

Curvy: What are you doing, sprite?
Fairy: I can hear everyone's stomachs over the arguing so I've decided to make some mac and cheese.
R-T33: -still glowing mad, tapping his foot as he tries to think of something else to say.-
Ankou: Will you stop doing that? Perhaps we should decide what all of this means.

The Boss: -whispering- This is where someone should suggest that we should just let everyone go free. Don't you think?
Artie: Uh.. sure? How about I do it?
The Boss: Nevermind. Take the Fairy upstairs and let Bigglesworth use the bathroom.

R-T33: Despite everything. It is still your fault that this has been a giant rift between all of our factions.
Curvy: I'm sorry that you feel that way but I'm willing to show my dedication to the cause to just get things back to the way they were.
Ankou: That is starting to smell good. So without our kind being around. Are you going to stay here or work between realms still?

The Boss: You need to calm down, twinkle toes. If something still needs to be done for penance, then I think you will find that the offer you've just received is more than fair. A small little dynasty perhaps for entertainment and dedication and then we'll put all this strife behind us and find new victims for our traps. Like the Landgraabs or Bella. And if you can't see this for what it is, I will climb over this wall and show you the true power of Death, Inc my friend.

Ankou: Would you really be willing to go along with all of this? Your time has been served I would think.
Curvy: I would think so, too. Yet this one over here suggests otherwise. It's been a long time to be on this side of the wall.
R-T33: -grunts-
The Boss: -goes back to rule over them all from her throne-

The Boss: -light laughter- See? This is perfect for all of us. A little entertainment where we all try to not interfere. We can even work out equal representation.
Ankou: And you're sure?
Curvy: If this is the only answer, I'll do anything to finish it.

R-T33: Pass. This will not compensate for our grievances. Everyone is getting something except for us

The Boss: I don't care what you think! Those above you will agree with me because I said so! This will erase the crime of you trying to take over one of the worlds for yourself!

Ankou: I think this is a great idea. We'll find one that will work out quickly. All the new ones are much easier than before. The journey will entertain us all and then we can move on to other endeavors. We could even do the Life States.

The Boss: See. Two against one. The Majority vote works. A life states dynasty to clear the air, entertain us all and we can make sure everything is very equal with the 45.
Curvy: Ugh. This sounds like a nightmare
Artie: Dream mare.
The Boss: Whatever. This is good. Go. All of you. 

Now.

Curvy whose face is finally revealed: Where the hell is this? This is definitely not an empty field

Curvy Stranger?: Wait... R-T33? Is that you? Where are we?
R-T33: Hello. I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the vote.
Curvy: And what else?
R-T33: I just want to give you a little bit of a boost from our side to help with the equality balance.

R-T33: There you go. The Balance is restored as you once again forget everyone and everything. You shall never complete your task.

Artie: Where in the Simverse is this? Wait.. was that... No. Hey Space Idiot!

Artie: I saw what you did to her and you know I can't let you get away with it. You've interfered enough already

R-T33: We're on Sixam now Artie. Do you think I'm scared of your people? No, what you should be scared of is my people, their probes, and this.
Artie: What's that...?

Artie: Wha..Whoa
R-T33: Gah your head is so full of trivial nonsense. But the task is done as best as I can.

Artie: Oh man.. my head. I really have to stop letting Reuben and Bob choose where we're going for beers. Oh look.. a portal.

R-T33: Oh there you've gotten off to... Feeling a little lost, dear?
Curvy: Actually, yea. I can't seem to figure out where I am.

R-T33: That's easy. Welcome to Sixam. I am R-T33 and I'm your new supervisor. We've been waiting for you and cannot wait to get you started on your next assignment.
Curvy: Oh.  Okay.  That sounds great.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »
Wow, that was crazy and chaotic and reminiscent of your Rival Dynasties Challenge and I absolutely loved it all.
You spoil us!
Though I remember Ankou & R-T33 vividly, I can't recall who Slim and Curvy are. Are they from your Rival Dynasties as well?

I mean, this is such a strong start.  Where could you probably take us from here?
Can't wait to find out, though.

P.S. I did not notice R-T33's sudden sprouting of facial hair. Nuh uh.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 08:20:33 AM »
Wow, that was crazy and chaotic and reminiscent of your Rival Dynasties Challenge and I absolutely loved it all.
You spoil us!
Though I remember Ankou & R-T33 vividly, I can't recall who Slim and Curvy are. Are they from your Rival Dynasties as well?

I mean, this is such a strong start.  Where could you probably take us from here?
Can't wait to find out, though.

P.S. I did not notice R-T33's sudden sprouting of facial hair. Nuh uh.

All three founders from my RDC were in attendance! This was a way to explain why I don’t plan on immediately (or possibly ever) finish those two stories. I wanted some closure since it had nothing to do with failure as much as I can’t remember where the heck I was.

As for Slim and Curvy. Both may have been mentioned during the RDC but their ties go back farther to Sims 3. It’s okay to not recognize them because more is to be revealed in time.  This after all was just the prologue (the part no one seemed to notice!)

Glad to know the sudden facial change wasn’t very noticeable. I think he might be worried but had other devious things on his mind.  Silly Alien

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 09:48:02 AM »
I recognized the fairy from Sims 3,  ;D. Curvy, now that one, I will have to jog my memory a little more. As for the alien dude, well, that little slip-up, I was worried for a minute there. His angry face was given me all kinds of feels.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »
WHOA!!! What one minute! Is curvy?? No? She can't be. I must be wrong. @Ricalynn Be a DOLL and tell me I am mistaken.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 06:37:33 PM »
WHOA!!! What one minute! Is curvy?? No? She can't be. I must be wrong. @Ricalynn Be a DOLL and tell me I am mistaken.
You might be.  I’ll tell you something alright.  In private mwahahah.

Though I’m all my playtesting and messing around… I think I have enough screenshots for a mini blooper reel. Haha

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
Welcome back Ricalynn, so good to have you back.  I remember reading your stories and they were such a delight and this one is proving to be just as good. Actually, was thinking about you not too long ago and was wondering where you went off to.  Since I have retired, I have been coming on here more and more, my social calendar is so full you know, lol. Good to see you and looking forward to reading more.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 11:26:01 PM »

Wow, welcome back! Looks like you're off to a great (and chaotic) start! Looking forward to a long and colorful dynasty.  ;D

anything