Author Topic: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim  (Read 30325 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 47]
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2021, 07:43:39 PM »
Chapter 47: The Last Day of a Long Week, Pt 2

Adrien: Why are we at the Romance Festival?
Kaori: Because I didn't want to be here alone.
Artie: Wait is that?
Alena: Whoa. I can't believe it.
Kamea: When she called, I couldn't either.

Artie: I had barely noticed the moodlet when suddenly you were here with us. That was quick.
Kaori: I may have had a little help from your friends.
Artie: My friends?
Kaori: Listen. I don't have a lot of time. They bumped me up the list but I still have some things we skipped so I could come see you.
Artie: Hey.. don't be busting red tape for me. That could get you in trouble.

Kaori: Don't worry. I have some friends too -looks at Yuusuke-
Artie: And who is that weird guy?

Kaori: Not important right now. I need you to focus on me.
Artie: Okay Okay! I'm focusing on you.
Kaori: There's a lot I never got to tell you because I couldn't. And it won't be long before the Voice realizes what I did to make her stuck in a loading screen.
Artie: You did what?!
Kaori: I did what I had to do!

One of them did the attempt mistletoe kiss.. and succeeded. And here I am screaming at my screen. Three life stages to like each other. Never a spark. One flirty mood from being married to someone else and a romance festival and *now* they want to do this??!?!?!

Kamea: Did you see that?! -goes into a jealous rage-
Yuusuke: Calm down, Kamea. Leave the Lava bombs where they belong. That could have been a big misunderstanding. You know what the romance festival is like.
Kamea: Are you giving him an excuse?!
Yuusuke: I'm just saying that you need to find out who is at fault before assuming.

Ichiro: Okay so that was weird and it was kind of nice. But princess I just got married and we really shouldn't be doing that.
Alena: I know. I don't even know why we did it, do you?
Ichiro: Not at all. So.. friends?
Alena: Just.. friends.
Ichiro: Just best friends.
Alena: Until someone better comes along.
--
Artie: What do you mean Mizuki had been mindwiped often? How did they figure that out?
Kaori: Something to do with memory retrieval upon collection.
Artie: Oh... Frak. Who would do such a thing?!
--
Yuusuke: That's right Kamea. Just calm down. And No I can't train you. I can duel you but I can't train you.
Kamea: Why not?
Yuusuke: Because you haven't been to the magic realm yet. It's part of the initiation.
Kamea: Oh.

Kaori: Calm down Artie. I think you know who would do such a thing and I can't even tell you out loud.
Artie: At least not yet but maybe later?
Kaori: Maybe. No promises.

Artie: I accept you as my new partner in crime.
Kaori: This will be fun.

Artie: Yes it will.
Kaori: Artie stop the laughter. We need to get the kids away from each other. They're going to ruin everything.
Artie: Wait what?

Ichiro is sad.
Artie: Looks like Alena left. Now, what else do I need to know?

Artie: I mean I made it to immortal. That can't be a bad thing, right?
Kaori: I don't know.
Artie: What do you mean?
Kaori: I mean for now, yes it's a good thing but there is something you don't know.
Artie: Well are you going to tell me?

Kaori: I have to go soon. But just listen to me okay? You need to keep checking with the fireflies. And one day, you'll hear more than one voice.
Artie: I always hear more than one voice.
Kaori: No. I meant like the watcher voice. A choice will need to be made. Just remember you have to follow your gut. Not your head.
Artie: Okay.

Kaori: I'm serious. This is important.
Artie: I heard you. Follow my gut. Not my head. Make sure it feels right when there comes a chance for a choice.
Kaori: Start a journal and begin writing everything down. I'm betting you have a few holes too and we don't want you getting any more.
Artie: I'm in school, I can't just start a journal.
Kaori: Do it anyway.
Artie: So bossy.

Kaori: I have to go. I can feel myself fading. Do as I say, friend.
Artie: Will you come back?
Kaori: Just keep your phone on and we'll see okay?
Artie: Okay.

Kamea: How could you do that to me when we just got married a few hours ago?
Ichiro: I don't know. I don't know what happened. It was like I couldn't stop myself and no one else stopped me either.
Yuusuke: Sounds like someone was interfering.
Kamea: Who would do that?!
Yuusuke: Someone who knows what you are.

Kamea: Can I help you?
Flirty Sim: You just might.
Kamea: I would like to talk about conservation and nothing else.
Flirty Sim: Wow you're boring.

Meanwhile...

Alena: It's bleak? I just kissed my best friend who is married and I don't know why I did it. I thought I knew who was going to be mine but now... I just.. and I miss my Auntie K.
Festival Guru: There there child. It will be okay. I'm allowed to be wrong. Maybe by the next festival things will be completely different. Please don't cry. They don't pay me if people cry.

And that was one of the longest Sim weeks I've ever played. From Saturday to Saturday. That's right. Only 8 sim days. Four Sim Deaths, two young adult birthdays, A resurrection (Elemental move in), a wedding, three university terms starting, A family night out and sadness. so much sadness.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
What an insane week! I can't believe that Ichora and Alena kissed. It's like the moment he marries someone the game HAS to throw that curveball at you.  ::) I may be...slightly addicted to this story. Just slightly, I can stop reading any time, I swear! This story has actually gotten me looking into sims 4 bundles after I haven't touched the game in years...my bank account says no but we'll see. Anyway, I'm excited to see the next chapter! No rush though, you have been spoiling us!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
What an insane week! I can't believe that Ichora and Alena kissed. It's like the moment he marries someone the game HAS to throw that curveball at you.  ::) I may be...slightly addicted to this story. Just slightly, I can stop reading any time, I swear! This story has actually gotten me looking into sims 4 bundles after I haven't touched the game in years...my bank account says no but we'll see. Anyway, I'm excited to see the next chapter! No rush though, you have been spoiling us!
Hah.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I've actually caught y'all up to where I am in game so I need a session or two to update.  Trust me I want to play so I can lol

My suggestion is to not look into bundles right now.  Live vicariously through others and wait for the holidays where they run really good deals.  Especially on steam

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Just got caught up on your story and WOW. What a wild ride. How did Artie get all the degrees *except* villainy? Alena's unexpected kiss? And that comment from the grim reaper about his job? Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
@Rhoxi Consider it a part of my twisted sense of humor. He can't get into villainy because he's already completed that degree.

And yes it really was a wild ride.  I would like to thank everyone who has been reading.  Since I last updated, I have worked something like 95 hours, worked 11 days straight, been so tired that I sleep more than anything else (naps are amazing), and of course, had a few real-life things to handle during brief moments of lucidity/energy. My ability to play has been reduced greatly due to some of these factors but I do have 200 screenshots to share.. maybe more after tonight.  My plan is to organize and upload so that when I go on vacation this weekend and have downtime because I wake up before the sun, I can work on getting Artie the attention he very desperately needs.

Thanks for the patience in this. 

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Hello!

I've been quietly stalking the forum for so long as I have been at uni over the last 3 years (30+ years after I left school :o) and had forgotten how much it consumed your life, my 9 year old daughter takes up the rest of the time! So when I have a moment, with a cup of tea, I have been reading and enjoying such wonderful stories, including yours @Ricalynn , @sdhoey , @oshizu , @Rhoxi  as well as many others. I know how it is to be overwhelmed with work and real life, so know that many of us are reading all of your stories and it's keeping us sane and providing loads of laughter and escapism. Thank you all for your written adventures they are WONDERFUL!!! (sorry for one post and tagging you all, but I thought it would be easier  :))

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
@Ricalynn you do what is best for you dear. Take it easy and sleep, Artie can hang out and wait. It will do him some good. *hehe*

@KTK10 Well hello stranger. Welcome to the world of "school at our age". LOL I have been doing the same thing. Fun isn't it? Good luck with your studies. It's so nice to see you again.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 48]
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2021, 10:09:12 AM »
@KTK10 Welcome back and never feel bad for lurking. We all do it.  Glad that you're enjoying it. When I'm not working, I have an almost 10 year old niece who is a cuddler with a new puppy who is also a cuddler and a book addiction. So yea. I get it lol

-dusts off the cobwebs from her screenshots- We remember how to do this. I know we do.

*ahem*

Chapter 48: Taking Over the House

Voice: Oh um. It's 4 am. What are you still doing here?
Yuusuke: Oh just thought I'd let myself have a private party back here.
Voice: Um.. what?
Yuusuke: I had my birthday.
Voice: Why didn't you say anything! We could have done something for you.
Yuusuke: It was meant to be this way. Go back to watching your family.
Voice: I like your glow.
Yuusuke: We just came from the Romance festival.. remember?
Voice: Oh right. Darn. I forgot. You should probably leave.
Yuusuke: I suppose for now.

Kamea: I'm not sure it's going to work.
Kamea: Where'd you all go?
Voice: Kamea.. come inside and read these books real quick. Everyone's starting to get grumpy.
Kamea: -under breath- Of course.. -louder- Coming.

Adrien: You're really starting to come along, Artie.
Artie: Well.. I keep sneaking one in and I find that I understand it all a little better..
Adrien: Trying to max before me?
Artie: Oh no. I have plenty of other things to max first.
Voice: Yeah.. and you're not doing what I told you because?
Artie: Because you're no Rica that's why.
Voice: Oh.. hm. Artie. Why don't you come play in the rocket some more?
Artie: Fine.

Here's a little game.  Guess what all of these have in common.
• Not all paintings because the kissing one is an illustrative drawing that was Ichiro's first one ever done.
• Not all the same type. The crying one is a sad one and the others are random.
• Not all the same size.
• Not all done by the same person.
• Give up? They're all masterpieces.  Even that little bowler hat guy Adrien just pulled off. I kid you not.

Alena: This is such a surprise. I wasn't expecting to get an award this week. But the people who push me to be a better author are all right here with me. I'm glad that the world seems to enjoy the stories as much as we do.

Seriously.. we came to this thing because supposedly Ichiro was supposed to get something. Apparently, the game forgot who after I reloaded.

Alena: -blows kisses to everyone- Thank you again. But now it's time for someone else to enjoy the spotlight.
Artie: Good job sweetheart. Is that who I think that is?
Voice: Artie.. you can't start a fight at an awards ceremony.
Artie: I can if the star isn't here. Go on and get her out of here boys.
Voice: No.
Artie: Watch me, watcher.

Ichiro: -nervous laughing- Haha. I can't believe that worked. Okay, guys.. go ahead and step out of the portal.
Fan: Oh my Carl. You're Ichiro!
Ichiro: -nervous laugh again- Yea. Yea, that's me.

Alena: -through her teeth- What are you guys doing?
Ichiro: We're acting natural?
Alena: You look like you couldn't find your actual pocket to put your brooms and shoved them somewhere else.
Adrien: -snickers-
Kamea: She has a point.
Alena: That's because I'm the smartest and oldest. C'mon guys or I'll find a way to shove you all into acting classes. Just talk to who you need to talk to, Kamea. Take Adrien like you were told. Ichiro go search the lower level and I got this one. Make it quick. Dad isn't that much of a distraction in his old age.

Reed the Practical Sage: Now you can see what could not be seen before.
Adrien: I can't see anything!
Kamea: Calm down. The brightness tones down in a minute. Now go collect the motes and come right back.

Kamea: So that's the last thing I heard.
Reed: Yuusuke old friend. It's time.
Yuusuke: I think you're right.
Reed: It's not going to be easy.
Yuusuke: But I've been waiting for some time already.
Kamea: So it's all settled and you know what you'll have to do.
Old men laugh.
Yuusuke: Don't worry.. this won't exactly be a hardship.

Reed: And with these motes, I channel that power into your very soul.
Witch Townie: Uh.. what?
Adrien: I.. this is just kind of cool actually.
Reed: Absolutely. The motes will disappear from view now but take a minute to meet my associates and learn what you can before you must all leave. Seek out Yuusuke first before he makes his final decision.

Amy: Good form. Just like that.  Kaori taught you well.
Alena: She tried but being the heir means I'm watched more than the others.
Amy: Soon things will calm down and you'll get a chance to strengthen yourself.
Alena: I'll just be the last to do it.
Amy: It's not a competition for you. You could wait until your grandchild is born and still have more time to learn everything than the others.
Alena: -sigh- I know.

A New Yet Familiar Voice: Don't you look smug.
Ichiro: Adrien made my favorite salad and I'm so hungry and this is my second helping
A New Voice: And the other hand?
Ichiro:  I found a book for low-level casters. It's going to be great for double-A's.
A New Voice: Yes I'm sure it will be. There is a letter waiting on a desk on the bottom floor near L's remains. Make sure to slip it inside. And I'll see you all again... eventually.
Ichiro: Hope it's soon.
A New Voice: Patience, Little Diehl. Patience. If we rush, our chance of failure is too great. We cannot leave it up to chance.
Ichiro: Fine. Okay. I get it. I think.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Finally a new chapter]
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2021, 12:45:06 PM »
Nice, leave it to Artie to start a fight everywhere he goes. Welcome back Rica

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Finally a new chapter]
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »
Too funny about Ichiro getting the award notice, but showing up to watch Alena get the prize. Alas, the life of a spare!
Ooooh, Yuusuke's on a secret mission!
I laugh every time the Grim gang gets beseized by paparazzi.
Look at their smug faces while they saunter into the Magic HQ, rofl!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 49]
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2021, 05:37:40 PM »
Nice, leave it to Artie to start a fight everywhere he goes. Welcome back Rica

Thank you Thank you.  And you know Artie.. always good for keeping people on their toes. Plus you know.. as the boss he as to exercise that mean muscle.

Too funny about Ichiro getting the award notice, but showing up to watch Alena get the prize. Alas, the life of a spare!
Ooooh, Yuusuke's on a secret mission!
I laugh every time the Grim gang gets beseized by paparazzi.
Look at their smug faces while they saunter into the Magic HQ, rofl!

I'm not sure he's upset with his friend getting another one. He can pretend it's his.  Maybe.  And yes.. secret missions mwahahah.  Wait until you see what happens when one Pap gets too bothersome!  In an update coming soon.. not today though.

Chapter 49: Unfilled Household Space No More

Ichiro: Wait.. is that snow?
Alena: I think... Maybe.
Artie: Oh Metro.. please don't let the blizzards be like the thunderstorms.
Kamea: It's getting too cold.
Adrien: It's not even winter.
Voice: Where have you all been? Get inside already.  4 of you have school today and one of you needs to get to work.

My game thinks when you brew plentiful needs that only one need needs to be handled today.  Kamea is the one who made it.. but apparently it turned into Ichiro's cooking. I have absolutely no idea how but I had to share lol.

What happens when you do a family outing to a museum for one person to push their aspiration forward?  People find things to do...  Artie 'juggled' his ball 284 times for a new record before it was dropped.  Alena spent the entire time checking her phone and *not* learning any new spells. But the fans and pap were all very excited to watch anyway.

Kamea: -telling a dirty joke-
Ichiro: -snickering-
Artie: -thinking: I can't be here for this-

Ichiro: -blows a kiss-
Kamea: -giggles- Oh you're such a sweetheart.
Alena: Now I know why Dad left.
Ichiro: I'm almost done with my homework.
Kamea: Is there a problem?
Alena: Go.. go anywhere else and let me finish this in peace.
Ichiro: Cmon babe. I have an idea.

Kamea: What are we doing out here?
Ichiro: Just get that cute backside in there.
Kamea: Whoa.

The moment where I as a watcher am horrified that their first woohoo is in a bush...

Ichiro: Is the coast clear?
Kamea: Yea I think so...

Kamea: Wow.. that was something...
Ichiro: I know right...
Kamea: I should go...
Ichiro: What's the rush.. we could go again...
Kamea: Yes but I want to know.
Ichiro: Hurry back.

Gen 3 is officially on its way!

Kamea: It worked?
Ichiro: It did?
Kamea: I"m pregnant!
Ichiro: That's awesome! Wait does that mean you're done for the night?

Kamea: No. I was just thinking we'd go somewhere other than the bushes.
Ichiro: Like the hot springs?
Kamea: Sure why not. Race you down.
Ichiro: Hey no cheating.. you can transportalate!

Alena: Do you feel that, Mr. Gnome?
Voice: Feel what?
Alena: There's a disturbance...
Voice: Where'd the gnome come from?
Alena: I thought you did that...
Voice:... No.

More on why there's a gnome...  next time!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapters 48 & 49 - 10/7]
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »
hehe, sneaky kids. Your household is so colorful!! I'm jealous

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 50]
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »
Chapter 50: Is it Harvestfest or Gnome Day?

Same thing if you ask me...

Kamea: I offer you this toy for harvest fest, little gnome.
Gertie the Pool Gnome: NO! I don't want your silly toy!
Voice: Uh oh.  Better think of something fast.

Gertie: I should strike you where you stand.
Kamea: Please don't. My belly may not look like much but I am with nooboo and would prefer to have your favor than your displeasure.
Gertie: You think a child will sway me?
Kamea: Please little gnome. This is my first harvest fest. I am from Sulani and I died many many moons ago. This tradition had not yet made it to my islands.

Gertie: Fine.. I guess I'll be nice. but my brothers won't be!
Kamea: Thank you. Thank you.

Alena: It's harvest fest so I'm thinking you might like pie, little naked gnome.
Barry the Bare Essentials Gnome: And why do you think that?
Alena: Well this one time.. at band camp...

Barry: -cackles- Very well. I am appeased. I shall grant your house my favor.
Alena: Yes!

Artie: If I know anything about your kind, my faraway friend, this cube will be right up your alley.
Drex: If you knew anything about your own kind, this cube... err.  It's very nice. Shiny.

Artie: Shiny is totally the best! 
Gnomes: Yay Shiny!

*All the gnomes teleport and they drag the officiate gnome with them. Excellent timing on my part yes?*

*Not the only ones who can teleport.*

Artie: Hey gang. I can do that too! I want to talk to the big guy. C'mon over here where I can get to you.

Artie: Sorry I had to shrink you big guy but you just didn't fit anywhere else. Here's some pie.
Gnomen Priestly: MM pie.

Artie: C'mon now.  Show me how you really feel.
Gnomen Priestly: I am!
Artie: No... I can't see a thing except a slight glow and that could go either way.
Gnomen Priestly: -strains for a moment- Okay fine. Do the shrinky again but you have to make me big again!
Artie: Okies...

Artie: Very nice my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed your pie. Let me make you big again.
Gnomen Priestly: Thank you!
Artie: No thank you and happy harvest fest, gnome day... whatever it's called.

*Gnomish chatter with everyone back to size.*

Our newest houseguest Yuusuke is showing everyone how a real mage takes a mud bath to get rid of some of that uncomfortable feeling he had going on after spending some quality time with his girlfriend, Nalani.

Voice: Don't make a mess!
Adrien: I'm not going to make a mess. I got this.
Voice: Don't seem that way.  Whatcha making?
Adrien: A great feast of Turkey.
Voice: Mmm.
Adrien: Exactly!

Adrien: Everyone come and get it.
Kamea: I don't think he meant you guys too.
Gnomes: Awww.

They really like the gym as a place to dump seed packets.

Kamea: I really like this entire holiday. It's similar to one we had in the islands but completely different.
Ichiro: The main point is to make sure that people know that you're thankful.
Kamea: Like I'm thankful this skirt can handle my evergrowing belly? -chuckles, joking-
Ichiro: Maybe a little less selfish. -chuckles- I'm almost done with this book and then how about a back massage.
Kamea: A girl can't say no to that.

Gnomen Priestly: Alright gang. I think we've done enough for this month.  Everyone thank you for coming to our home and I'll see you again next fall.
Barry: Oh we're not leaving.
Gertie: I like it here.
Drex: Lots of fun.
Gnomen Priestly: Oh boy. 

Somewhere downstairs... Yuusuke's girlfriend decides to go out with a smile. (Even if you can't see it)

Reaper: Another dead boy in this house... it's like it's a dynasty but I haven't met the founder yet. Very suspicious.  Watcher never says hi either. I wonder if the others have been here and noticed this.  Time to get our heads together.

And for the good news.  Everyone's grades are in!

Week 1 in Uni went well for the kids.. Artie was beaten by statistics like most people.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 50 - 10/10]
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2021, 02:16:14 PM »
Hahaha, I loved that Gnomen Priestly was able to teleport around with his gnomish normies.
How hilarious that Artie temporarily shrunk him down to show his halo.

Great job guiding the household through uni, Watcher! Was it Alena and Ichiro's first or second term?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim [Chapter 50 - 10/10]
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »
Hahaha, I loved that Gnomen Priestly was able to teleport around with his gnomish normies.
How hilarious that Artie temporarily shrunk him down to show his halo.

Great job guiding the household through uni, Watcher! Was it Alena and Ichiro's first or second term?
I kind of enjoyed that, too.  It was fun to watch.  And yes I needed to make sure that glow wasn’t hellfire glow but heavenly appeasement okay? Lol I miss the way gnomes used to be.  Maybe I should start a biweekly gnome holiday. Jk

This is everyone’s first term.  Artie has one more week before he gets his Communication degree whereas,itchy and Princess have 2 more weeks.  With a nooboo on the way too sometimes I wonder about my sanity in these choices but I kind of knew I wanted Ichiro and kamea to see their child become a YA.  Gen 1 all passed away with only one elder making it to see that birthday.  And it barely happened.