Author Topic: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 10:55:36 AM »
Sadly, I have to skip this one. For the past few weeks, I've been having serious issues with one of my arms, and playing for many hours definitely won't do me good :(

Awwww :( , sorry to hear that, Nikitachi. I wonder if your issue is similar to what happened with me a couple of years ago? I mostly play Diablo III as some of you know, and that is a ton of clicking. That stress took a big toll on my elbow ligaments. I received a couple of cortisone shots and those helped, but only temporarily. They never fixed the root cause which was clearly damaged tissue. I looked into a relatively new therapy called prp and the orthopedic nurse I had seen agreed it was a good idea. Wow. Amazing! The tissue has healed and I feel good as new.

----

There is not a LOT of time left in this event, so get those scores in soon. Yes, I can spew out dad jokes with the best of them. ;)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2021, 11:19:44 AM »
Sadly, I have to skip this one. For the past few weeks, I've been having serious issues with one of my arms, and playing for many hours definitely won't do me good :(

Awwww :( , sorry to hear that, Nikitachi. I wonder if your issue is similar to what happened with me a couple of years ago? I mostly play Diablo III as some of you know, and that is a ton of clicking. That stress took a big toll on my elbow ligaments. I received a couple of cortisone shots and those helped, but only temporarily. They never fixed the root cause which was clearly damaged tissue. I looked into a relatively new therapy called prp and the orthopedic nurse I had seen agreed it was a good idea. Wow. Amazing! The tissue has healed and I feel good as new.

My case is not ligaments, it's the nerve... Doctors here say it might just be the everyday life's bad habits that finally stockpiled into a noticeable problem. But, to tell the truth, it might as well be the 'today's famous' vaccine side effect - I've got a lot of similar evidence, including both of my own parents (as as I'm a combination of their genes, I always get the same health issues that they have).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 07:45:24 AM »
It does not look good, not sure i can even turn in a score this time :(

Offline ChayaAvery

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2021, 02:00:26 AM »
I gave this one a go although it's the first challenge I've tried here. I'm hoping I didn't make any mistakes.
My total lot value: $8,058,034
I'm assuming the apartment specific lot traits don't count as they weren't in the spreadsheet. If so this is my traits multiplier:
Traits Multiplier: 1+ (36x.01)+(8x.02) = 1.52
If the apartment lot traits count the traits multiplier would be this:
Traits Multiplier: 1+ (43x.01)+(8x.02) = 1.59

Total score is then either: $12,248,211.68
Or: $12,812,274.06(If the apartment lot traits count)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2021, 06:04:46 AM »
I gave this one a go although it's the first challenge I've tried here. I'm hoping I didn't make any mistakes.
My total lot value: $8,058,034
I'm assuming the apartment specific lot traits don't count as they weren't in the spreadsheet. If so this is my traits multiplier:
Traits Multiplier: 1+ (36x.01)+(8x.02) = 1.52
If the apartment lot traits count the traits multiplier would be this:
Traits Multiplier: 1+ (43x.01)+(8x.02) = 1.59

Total score is then either: $12,248,211.68
Or: $12,812,274.06(If the apartment lot traits count)

We never said apartment traits would not count, so I'm glad you counted them.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2021, 11:26:25 AM »
Here's to getting some participation points at least... best I could do given my limited packs.  ::)

Total lot value - $3,184,867
Traits multipler - 1.16

Total = 3694445.72

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2021, 05:59:13 PM »
Well, I've certainly not gotten everything out of this challenge, but I am once again running out of time.

Total lot value: §2,568,199
Lot traits: 23
Lot challenges: 8

Score: 3,541,997

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2021, 06:38:10 PM »
Nandarelle - I get a multiplier of 1.39 which puts you at 3,569,796.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2021, 09:10:02 PM »
@ChayaAvery -- did you see my PM to you?

Offline ChayaAvery

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2021, 09:58:49 PM »
@ChayaAvery -- did you see my PM to you?

I've seen it. Wrote you back now.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2021, 10:16:00 PM »
Unfortunately I am running out of time for this challenge and barely started.
My sad score:
Lot total - 70331
Lot multiplier - 1.12
Total = 78770.72

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2021, 01:57:02 AM »
My Sim completed 9 lot challenges and had 27 lot traits for a multiplier of 1.45
She also lived in homes with total values of 733173 simoleans.

733173 X 1.45 = 1063100 grand total.

As usual, I want to thank the people that think up these challenges and those that work on them. I always learn something new. These challenges and dynasties really bring the Sims to life for me. I have been on this forum since the Sims 3.
Cynthia

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2021, 03:18:08 AM »
Nandarelle - I get a multiplier of 1.39 which puts you at 3,569,796.

Ah, but I made a typo in my total lot value. That is §2,548,199, so the score I posted should be correct.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2021, 06:11:03 AM »
This event is now closed.

I'll go ahead for now and declare ChayaAvery the winner. However, being a brand new forumer and more than doubling the score of his/her closest competitor, the team needs to sign off on their strategy, so I'll hold off on updating the World Ranking.

Thanks to all that participated.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
Adding my strategy for this...

My sim began the challenge working her way through the empty lots. On each lot she adds three unique lot traits to each. She is able to complete the progression through the empty lots before running out of money.

After finishing up the empty lots, she moves into her first empty house. She gets the last three traits here. She is not going to move into any apartments so she won’t be able to get those locked lot traits for her count. Her final lot trait count is 36 traits.

She can’t afford the next move on her own so she moves in with Johnny Zest. From here she moves into occupied households in order to increase her funds and into empty houses when she can afford it. She did not do anything to earn money and did not leave anything on the lots when she moved out.

She completed several lot challenges on the way but avoided most of them during the moving process. Wild Foxes, Off-the-Grid, Simple Living, Filthy, and Reduce and Recycle are the challenges she completes as she moves.

She ends her moving when she joins Judith Ward in the most expensive house in the game. She turns on all of the remaining lot challenges and is able to finish everything except for Cursed. She completed 8 challenges - so not quite everything possible, but everything I had on my list to do.

Over the course of the challenge she lived on 55 different lots, used 36 lot traits, and completed 8 lot challenges.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

anything