Author Topic: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Placing a High Value on Lots of Lot Traits
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
Okay, hopefully, this makes things clearer...

• Lot Challenges are not required on any given lot. But, if a lot has a lot challenge or you decide to add one, then moving may only take place after your Sim has dealt with any and all lot challenges.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
Hehe...sorry if I made things more confusing, jesslc. No, you do not have to add a lot challenge if you do not want to. You can still move to another lot as long as the one you move to has higher value than the previous one. But, if you add a lot challenge or if there is a preexisting lot challenge, that's when the moving restriction applies. You would need to deal with the challenge first.

I am now even more confused :D The current spreadsheet by Lena only counts unique lot challenges. Does it mean that the highest possible multiplier of challenges is 9 X .02 = .18? In other words, if we start on a lot that has, let's say, 'Cursed' as a pre-existing challenge, we have to complete it, and then there is no sense in adding this challenge to any other lot? (unless it's pre-existing somewhere again and we just have to deal with it)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
Hehe...sorry if I made things more confusing, jesslc. No, you do not have to add a lot challenge if you do not want to. You can still move to another lot as long as the one you move to has higher value than the previous one. But, if you add a lot challenge or if there is a preexisting lot challenge, that's when the moving restriction applies. You would need to deal with the challenge first.

I am now even more confused :D The current spreadsheet by Lena only counts unique lot challenges. Does it mean that the highest possible multiplier of challenges is 9 X .02 = .18? In other words, if we start on a lot that has, let's say, 'Cursed' as a pre-existing challenge, we have to complete it, and then there is no sense in adding this challenge to any other lot? (unless it's pre-existing somewhere again and we just have to deal with it)

The current spreadsheet needs to be updated. I have informed Lena of that, but she works quite a bit, so hopefully, she can get to it before Friday when this goes live. Quake Zone and Volcanic Activity need to be removed from Lot challenges. They are too random. You could choose them and have to wait a week for the event to trigger and I might only have to wait a day, so that's not fair.

But, to your question -- yes, only unique lot challenges will be scored. I have not computed the exact math, but once Lena removes those two challenges, you'll know what the max multiplier should be. And if you move to a lot with a lot challenge you have previously done, yes, you have to still deal with the challenge in order to move, but you will not be scored on it.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »
You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects as well as items needed to fulfill a lot challenge.

So, do we have to take the items needed for challenges with us while moving, so nothing new stays on the lot, too?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 11:48:24 AM »
You are not allowed to make any lot changes with the exception of money-making objects as well as items needed to fulfill a lot challenge.

So, do we have to take the items needed for challenges with us while moving, so nothing new stays on the lot, too?

My thinking is it's player choice as to taking them to your next lot. Yes, you would be changing the lot by leaving them, but the existing rule allows you to make those purchases. You are not forced to take them. And maybe leaving it to the player would add another layer of strategy.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 07:05:46 AM »
This challenge goes live tomorrow (Friday), so please get any final questions answered today. As always, the team prefers not to change rules after events go live. Thanks.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »
Added a new rule...

• When moving always choose the Sell Furniture option.

EDIT:

One more minor change...

• Each succeeding lot you move to must be unique and higher in Lot Value than the previous lot's ending Lot Value at move time.

The word unique was added to ensure each lot you move to is different from prior places your Sim has lived.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 11:05:43 PM »
1) Is moving to apartments allowed?
If so, how do we consider the "Lot value" before moving in of it doesn't show it.
Should we just consider what the "lot value" shows once we move in and we should just be familiar with that before choosing to move into an apartment to ensure it is a higher value than previous lot?

I also might just be missing where to see the lot value before moving into an apartment.

2) If you befriend someone and move into their house, do you calculate the move in lot value once you are in the house and check the value?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2021, 06:05:54 AM »
1) Is moving to apartments allowed?
If so, how do we consider the "Lot value" before moving in of it doesn't show it.
Should we just consider what the "lot value" shows once we move in and we should just be familiar with that before choosing to move into an apartment to ensure it is a higher value than previous lot?

I also might just be missing where to see the lot value before moving into an apartment.

2) If you befriend someone and move into their house, do you calculate the move in lot value once you are in the house and check the value?

Yes, you can move into apartments. About all you can do with knowing lot value ahead of time is to go the world view of San Myshuno (make sure to use your phone when moving) and mouse over the apartments to see their value.

On your 2nd question, again, always use your phone to move. Jot down the lot value of your current lot right before moving. Let's say it's $50k. You befriended a Sim and are moving into their home. Use your phone and mouse over your Sim's new friend's home. It needs to be more than $50k.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2021, 10:55:28 AM »
Total Lot Value: $3,863,713
Traits Multiplier: 1+ (36x.01)+(8x.02) = 1.52
Total: $5,872,843
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »
On your 2nd question, again, always use your phone to move. Jot down the lot value of your current lot right before moving. Let's say it's $50k. You befriended a Sim and are moving into their home. Use your phone and mouse over your Sim's new friend's home. It needs to be more than $50k.
After befriending someone and then using my phone to move - when I select their house the game asks if I want to merge with the household or evict them. Should I be picking the merge option here? Or does it not matter and is up to me?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »
After befriending someone and then using my phone to move - when I select their house the game asks if I want to merge with the household or evict them. Should I be picking the merge option here? Or does it not matter and is up to me?

Player choice.

Offline sj

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 09:32:35 AM »
Creepy Crawlies is listed on the spreadsheet as a Lot Challenge. If it is one for this Challenge, would you list the conditions under which it is considered "solved?"  This is the first challenge that I am attempting, and apologize if this is an inappropriate question or stupidly obvious.  Thank you.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
Creepy Crawlies is listed on the spreadsheet as a Lot Challenge. If it is one for this Challenge, would you list the conditions under which it is considered "solved?"  This is the first challenge that I am attempting, and apologize if this is an inappropriate question or stupidly obvious.  Thank you.

Welcome to the Tournament, sj. I just added this clarification...

• *Creepy Crawlies -- successfully repel bats, bees, or spiders (receive Happy moodlet).

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »
Sadly, I have to skip this one. For the past few weeks, I've been having serious issues with one of my arms, and playing for many hours definitely won't do me good :(

anything