Author Topic: The Dojo-Goode Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 9/2/22  (Read 16910 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 8/28
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2021, 03:50:08 PM »
I think TS4 still allows first-cousin, once-removed romance (basically your parent's cousin, for the people not blessed with giant/crazy/bonkers extended families) but I've heard rumors of players horrified you can get together with a great-uncle or other relations that were off-limits in TS3. Please test before you get disappointed though! I tend to like wider gene pools and would seek out an unrelated pollinator but maybe for later down the line? There are ALWAYS new aliens...
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 07:39:04 AM »
I love to see the Dojo's back and finally getting the home that is made for them. Good luck with the pollinating and the rainboos, it seems quite difficult achieve in TS4.
Hoping to see more updates soon!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »

Finally picked this back up again, and I think I now remember why I took such a long break: three toddlers!!! Any tips on feeding them? I just set adult food on the floor for them. Also, parents are super annoying: they flood the toddlers with so many interactions and prevent the tots from attending to needs - most importantly eating. I'm sure I'll love toddlers when I have just one, but taking on three is UGH.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 11:10:10 PM »
I'm super delighted that you're back!
My usual way of feeding toddlers is to place the Baker's Cousin Display Case somewhere. 
You can drag multi-serving meals into the case (made by household or non-household sims) and the toddlers can grab single servings for themselves.
Also the case preserves food for the same length as a fridge would.

Good luck with your toddlers! Looking forward to seeing them grow!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2022, 07:13:34 PM »
Chapter 4: A Brief Respite from Toddlers

After the stress of raising three toddlers simultaneously, I am relieved to report the madness has come to an end. Lilly aged up to child, with Terrah and Sterling close behind.

Both Lilly and Terrah decide to join as Scouts, with a focus on Motor skills.

While Sterling takes up with the Drama Club and focuses on Mental.

Perhaps it was the toddler years that got to Samura and Caiden, but after years of being happy workaholics, they suddenly couldn't handle the stress. They each came home with BOTH a "need to take a vacation" tense moodlet as well as a "want to go to work" tense moodlet. Like, okay guys, make up your mind? But seriously, this has got to be a bug, right? No Sim should be able to have such directly conflicting desires. To make matters worse, no matter how many times I let them go pick up more work hours, they *still* came back with the "need to work more" moodlet. So ... yeah, that workaholic lifestyle had to GO.

As a reward for all their hard work (and totally not because Samura still needed another four experimental food pics), the family went out to dinner. Even Kaori and Lilly seem to welcome the change of pace.

... Until Samura just can't resist cleaning the fish tank. I mean, Samura with her neat trait I could understand, but Kaori and even Caiden? I suddenly realize the dangers of adding "cleaning" as a club activity. Well, no cute dining pic, but Samura did get her museum items.

In closing, Samura and Caiden decide to try for more children with only four days to go before Samura ages up to elder. It takes a few tries, which is no wonder due to Samura's advanced age, to say nothing of the random stranger that let herself into the house, into the bathroom, and even proceed to talk erratically to herself!

But don't worry, they got the job done at last!

Up next: more on the adorable children and some nooboos!

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 2/8/22
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 02:32:04 AM »
I've disabled Lifestyles because I got too many conflicting moodlets that couldn't be dealt with.
The workaholic one is hard and I've had active sims getting a sedentary lifestyle even though they've been working out regularly.  I don't think the current development/balance is working in a logical way.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 2/8/22
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »

Chapter Five: The First Winter

Winter comes to the Dojo household, a lovely sight.

A heavily pregnant Samura settles in to watch the kids grow up, having already achieved most of her dynasty requirements.

Lilly and Terrah become fast friends.

They share a room together, scout together, and even share the same aspiration for physical activity. These two can't wait to explore Komorebi and hit the slopes when they age up a bit.

Sterling focuses on his mental skills and drama class. He's a bit of a nerd, but the girls tolerate him fairly well.

Terrah in her school uniform and Sterling in his drama club outfit look adorable. Let's hope these two bring us a cute heir, am I right?

Everyone enjoys a merry winter holiday, with presents and Father Winter.

Samura gives birth to a son, Lionel, and quickly becomes pregnant again, while Caiden ages up to elder.

Next up, we max out the household with a final child and look forward to the close of winter!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 2/19/22
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 06:23:49 PM »
Rhoxi please check your dm's please and thank you so much.

Shannon

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 11:59:20 PM »
Chapter Six: The First Immortal

Lilly ages up to teen, with her father (Vladislaus Straud)'s distinguished profile.

Personally, I think she looks awesome!

Lionel and Dwight (Samura's second son, birth picture not captured) age up to toddler. I was hoping for a little more variety - Samura's red skin tone or yellow eyes, or perhaps some alien features, but instead they look pretty similar. At least Lionel appears to have Samura's tilted eye shape.

Lionel:

Dwight:

It's 3 ... 2 ... 1... and the family rings in the new year together. Huzzah!

Then it's time for a second set of birthdays. Samura ages up to elder and becomes an immortal.

Samura Dojo: Generation One

Career (1): Celebrity Mixologist
Aspirations (2): Master Mixologist, Master Chef
Skills (3): Cooking, Gormet Cooking, Mixology
Rewards (4): Frugal, Speed Cleaner, Free Services, Stoves and Grills Master
Gold Metals (5): Dinner Party, Birthday Party, House Party, Date, Wedding
Good Friends (6): Catarina Lynx, Mele Kahananui, Lelliana Kealoha, Emelia Earnest, Mitchel Kalani, (BFF) Kalamainu'u Iona      
Whims (7): Make a Drink (Inspired), Practice Speaking in Front of a Mirror (Confident), Tell a Joke (Happy), Tell a Dirty Joke (Flirty), Flash Crazy Eyes at Someone (Playful),
      Take a Bath with a Soak (Tense), Research on the Computer (Focused)
Museum Items (8 ): Experimental Food Photos

While Terrah and then Sterling age up to teen.

Finally, the house gets an update. There's still a lot left to do, but it's nice to have the main structures in place.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2022, 12:09:01 AM »
wooooo, congrats on your first immortal!
I agree that Lily is lovely.  The dynasty villa looks amazing1

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 3/20/22
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2022, 06:01:16 PM »
Wow, LOVE the Dojo!! That might be the most beautiful dynasty build I've ever seen!
The Swift Power of 10 Dynasty: Taylor Swift (IN PROGRESS - GEN 1)
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2022, 08:44:49 AM »
First Immortal! Yes! Congrats and good luck with the rest of them!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2022, 07:02:18 PM »
Chapter Seven: Year Two

The beginning of the new year brings in bad news. One morning Caiden abruptly keels over in front of Samura and passes away.

The family took it pretty hard, as you can imagine.

But with their strong friendships to aid them, the girls continued working on their scouting requirements.

As well as exploring the world around them for their aspirations.

Swimming!

Mascots!

Bicycles!

Traditional garb!

Isn't having a best friend great?!

Kaori ages up to elder.

While the toddlers Lionel and Dwight turn into children.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 3/28/22
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »
There are so many children! I confess I had to read back a bit to remind myself whose kid was whose, hehe.
Terrah and Sterling must be getting close to their YA birthdays now.

Also, have you tried playing around with the new Neighborhood Stories System settings?
In my 100 Baby Challenge, I enabled Have Babies and disabled Adopt Babies/Adopt Pets for my "Other Households."
My households with married couples filled up every spot with a kid. It was a little crazy.
Using the "Discuss expanding the family" social is also great for ensuring that certain households produce more kids.
Good luck!
Missing your Dojo Dynasty!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Dojo Dynasty (Immortal Dynasty Challenge) - Updated 3/28/22
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2022, 04:20:42 PM »

Aw, thanks Oshizu! I've played a good deal further than I've written - teens Lilly, Terrah, and Sterling are adults, and the kids are young adults. Got some difficult decisions ahead though. For some reason my town is completely devoid of all the original inhabitants. It's ALL randomly generated sims (this happened before the new neighborhood stories was introduced). I may go ahead and use my one time replant the population rule, and hope neighborhood stories and maybe buying some of the content with new towns keeps my world interesting. Right now it's quite boring. I may also ignore the challenge rule regarding mods and pick up that attraction system you're using, as I just really really miss that from the other games. Decisions, decisions!

anything