Author Topic: High End Loft not installing on Macbook  (Read 4183 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
High End Loft not installing on Macbook
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
So I FINALLY broke down and bought High End Loft because I really liked the items I saw.
But for some reason it won't load up the installer! My computer recognizes the CD and I can click on the Sims 3 installer but nothing happens after that. I was able to install all the expansions with no problem. I have just a regular macbook 2008 laptop.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: High End Loft not installing on Macbook
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
I've heard both sides of installation order recommended here — 1) you gotta go in order of release; 2) it does not matter. Personally, I tout #1. So, maybe that's it.

-------

EDIT: And you might try just restarting your computer to see if that works out any kinks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »
I've heard both sides of installation order recommended here — 1) you gotta go in order of release; 2) it does not matter. Personally, I tout #1. So, maybe that's it.

-------

EDIT: And you might try just restarting your computer to see if that works out any kinks.

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall everything. But I have not done it in awhile so it might do my game some good.
I had to restart it a few minutes ago to install some updates and I just tried to open it and nothing happened. :(

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
Okay so I completely uninstalled everything and I am at the point to where I need to install High End Loft (according to the release dates) and it still will not pop up to install! I hope I didn't waste $20. I don't get why it's not working!!! ???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
Well, unfortunately I'm stumped. I'm not enough of a techie to know what would cause an icon that's doubled clicked to not open.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Well, unfortunately I'm stumped. I'm not enough of a techie to know what would cause an icon that's doubled clicked to not open.
That's alright, thank you for your help anyways! Maybe someone will come along soon and know more about it :)

EDIT: I went to live chat with EA just to see if I could get ANY information out of them before I call them up tomorrow and after some detailed explanation he told me to install the Sims 3 and patch it and then install World Adventures and patch it and then so forth with every other expansion. So, I am hoping Rodney (that was the guys name..) is right.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
I play on a Mac and although I don't know 2 cents worth of troubleshooting I have a husband who does. And he's sitting right here. His suggestions are such: eject your HELS disc, restart the computer, and then reinsert the disc. I went back and reread the install instructions in the game manual thing that comes with the disc.

Can I assume that you have Sims 3 base game and WA installed, no problems? If I understand correctly, when you get to the HELS install icon (after double clicking the Sims3SP01 disc icon) and you double click it (bottom right) nothing happens? What about if you right click and then select "Open". Does that work?

If not, my husband mentioned something about maybe finding a way to manually install, but he would need some time for research.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
I play on a Mac and although I don't know 2 cents worth of troubleshooting I have a husband who does. And he's sitting right here. His suggestions are such: eject your HELS disc, restart the computer, and then reinsert the disc. I went back and reread the install instructions in the game manual thing that comes with the disc.

Can I assume that you have Sims 3 base game and WA installed, no problems? If I understand correctly, when you get to the HELS install icon (after double clicking the Sims3SP01 disc icon) and you double click it (bottom right) nothing happens? What about if you right click and then select "Open". Does that work?

If not, my husband mentioned something about maybe finding a way to manually install, but he would need some time for research.

I tried your first suggestion and it didn't work with just restarting without the disk in the drive. I can install all the expansion packs fine! Every single one of them opens right when I double click the installer.
And I have tried to double click the HEL installer icon, control- click the icon and press "open" and nothing works.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »
Ok. Hummm. My next ideas are to try and open it through Finder. If you open a new Finder window you should see the "Sims3SP01" disc under "Devices", click that and then try double/right clicking the installer icon. Or right click "Sims3SP01" disc and select open. Or with "Sims3SP01" disc selected click the gear symbol up along the top and select "Open." I have no idea if going through the Finder is any different than going through the disc icon on the Desktop but they're worth a try, I guess.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:01 PM »
Ok. Hummm. My next ideas are to try and open it through Finder. If you open a new Finder window you should see the "Sims3SP01" disc under "Devices", click that and then try double/right clicking the installer icon. Or right click "Sims3SP01" disc and select open. Or with "Sims3SP01" disc selected click the gear symbol up along the top and select "Open." I have no idea if going through the Finder is any different than going through the disc icon on the Desktop but they're worth a try, I guess.

I've done it both ways. I uninstalled Sims and WA again and now in process of installing Sims again, then patching it , then installing WA, patching it and then trying again to see if HEL will work. Which I hope it does, if not I'll talk to them tomorrow. Thanks lilygirl for your suggestions and thanks to your husband too! :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 12:01:26 AM »
My husband found the manual install! YAY! Double click Sims3SP01 disc (Desktop or Finder), right click the installer icon and select Show Package Contents. Double click Contents/MacOS/tginstall and it should open the installer wizard thing.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »
My husband found the manual install! YAY! Double click Sims3SP01 disc (Desktop or Finder), right click the installer icon and select Show Package Contents. Double click Contents/MacOS/tginstall and it should open the installer wizard thing.
Awesome! I will finish up installing/patching these two things and I will definitely try that option. Thank you!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Lilygirl your husband is a life saver! I just tried it this morning and it worked!! Thank you so much for all your help!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »
You are most welcome, that is exactly why this forum is here. Glad we could help. :D

Have fun Simming with HEL stuff.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything