Author Topic: Sims 4 Won't Start - White Screen  (Read 3574 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Sims 4 Won't Start - White Screen
« on: July 04, 2021, 05:46:34 AM »
OK I tried to play sims for the first time since the last update. After the first loading screen it goes blank white. It eventually loads the game but with a blank white screen. I can here the game so I can tell when I enter the game or CAS but can see nothing but a white screen. I have no mods installed and erased the Localthumbcache, and repared the game. I checked to see if my drivers or windows were out of date and they are not. Origin and the game are fully updated as well. Any suggestions if repairing the game fails to resolve this? Anyone else having this issue? I couldn't find a bug report on the EA help page.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Won't Start - White Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 12:14:44 PM »
Looks like this issue has been around for a few years now. The most current thread on this gives a couple suggestions to try.

Sims 4 Won't Start - White Screen
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/my-sims-4-won-t-start-white-screen/td-p/7567592

It seems as though it may be a conflict between fullscreen and windowed mode.

In Origin, go to the Games Library > Right click on the Sims 4 > Select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options > In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text:

-f for Fullscreen mode

or

-w for Windowed mode
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Won't Start - White Screen
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 08:55:25 PM »
Toggling full screen through Origin didn't work, but doing a factory reset did. Thanks, MrsFlynn for the link you PMed my. It reminded me to do a factory reset. I haven't had to do one in years so I spaced it. Anyway here is the link she sent should anyone run into this. It is a good link of things to do if you have any issues with the game.

Sims 4 - Game Will Not Launch/Start/Load
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29309.msg410185#msg410185

Anyway a simple factory rest fixed it. I should have tried it before running here. All it was was a corrupted file somewhere in the document files. Sims maintenance 101 and I missed it. I feel silly now given how many time I suggested doing a factory reset on these very forums to others. Silly me.

anything