Author Topic: Ultimate Skill-O-Rama  (Read 12089 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Ultimate Skill-O-Rama
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »
As hard as I try to keep my own challenges as simple as possible, so many questions inevitably arise making things more complicated and requiring clarifications (see jesslc's questions above). And jesslc, this is not a knock on you, by any means. It is what it is. So, with that in mind, I changed things. No more restrictions on bringing more Sims into the house. The catch is -- you cannot move anyone out once they're in. I hope this change will simply things.

And just when I thought I had my strategy planned . . . . scratch that and start over . . . .  ;)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 04:54:34 PM »
And just when I thought I had my strategy planned . . . . scratch that and start over . . . .  ;)

I know. I know. :) A simpler challenge to grasp, but it actually will result in lower scores because we cannot constantly shuttle people in and out of the house. So, it will take more planning on who to bring in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 07:56:09 PM »

Me, too  ;D
Time to restructure my spreadsheet  ;)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 04:16:57 AM »
No worries, Metro - keeping it simple works for me. Less rules = less chance of me accidentally stuffing up one. :) Sorry to those whose spreadsheets I ruined though :-\

Just to clarify - does this rule change mean we are now only counting up the skills we can see under the household's skills tabs at the end of the challenge? Earlier an answer was given that it's okay to count the maxed skills of a sim that had died - which is why I'd like to clarify as it's not clear to me if that is still okay or not.

Is life extension okay?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 05:06:29 AM »
No worries, Metro - keeping it simple works for me. Less rules = less chance of me accidentally stuffing up one. :) Sorry to those whose spreadsheets I ruined though :-\

Just to clarify - does this rule change mean we are now only counting up the skills we can see under the household's skills tabs at the end of the challenge? Earlier an answer was given that it's okay to count the maxed skills of a sim that had died - which is why I'd like to clarify as it's not clear to me if that is still okay or not.

Is life extension okay?

Life extension is fine. You only score skills in the household skills tab. Remember -- if someone dies they cannot be replaced (but, you can count their maxed skills). And remember ALL skills from ALL life stages count. I cannot remember if toddler skills show up in that panel.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 05:50:47 AM »
A clarification came up. Note the final wording in parentheses...

• No restrictions on adding to the household (using Manage Households is fine), but any Sim that is added may not be moved out. Household members that die may not be replaced (including the ghost of the dead Sim).

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 06:28:53 AM »

Is life extension okay?

Life extension is fine. You only score skills in the household skills tab. Remember -- if someone dies they cannot be replaced (but, you can count their maxed skills). And remember ALL skills from ALL life stages count. I cannot remember if toddler skills show up in that panel.
Toddler skills show up in their skills tab for as long as the sim is a toddler but then disappear to make way for the child skills when the toddler ages up to child. (Same happens with children-only skills at the age up to teen).

Can we count maxed toddler skills if the toddler has aged up and those skills are no longer showing in their skills tab at the end point? (Or do we need to make sure the toddler stays a toddler to be able to count their maxed toddler skills?).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »

Is life extension okay?

Toddler skills show up in their skills tab for as long as the sim is a toddler but then disappear to make way for the child skills when the toddler ages up to child. (Same happens with children-only skills at the age up to teen).

Can we count maxed toddler skills if the toddler has aged up and those skills are no longer showing in their skills tab at the end point? (Or do we need to make sure the toddler stays a toddler to be able to count their maxed toddler skills?).

Ah, great question. Yes, count the Toddler/Child skills despite if the Sim ages up and the skill disappears later. Again, ALL skills from ALL age brackets count.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2021, 07:53:46 AM »
Cool thanks for clarifying that

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2021, 10:02:26 AM »

I know. I know. :) A simpler challenge to grasp, but it actually will result in lower scores because we cannot constantly shuttle people in and out of the house. So, it will take more planning on who to bring in.

The thing I like about this change is that it doesn't give such a great advantage to those who have all the packs. 

Sorry to those whose spreadsheets I ruined though :-\

No worries - glad to have the input.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »
I had fun with this challenge, although my practice run proved I was not up to a multi-sim household right now.  My single sim maxed 10 skills and had three partial skills at level 1, level 6, and level 3.
(10 x 1000 = 10000), (1 x 50 = 50), (6 x 50 = 300), (3 x 50 = 150)

Final Score 10500

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2021, 09:21:24 PM »
Lol. My starting Sim just drowned when I wasn't paying attention. Five beds in my house in my house but, no, she wants to go swimming when she is tired! Is this a fail or do I just keep on going with my remaining house members? If my game is now over, can I still submit the points I had before she became a floating urn?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 06:47:10 AM »
Lol. My starting Sim just drowned when I wasn't paying attention. Five beds in my house in my house but, no, she wants to go swimming when she is tired! Is this a fail or do I just keep on going with my remaining house members? If my game is now over, can I still submit the points I had before she became a floating urn?

No penalty for death. Keep going.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 06:18:01 PM »
Another micro-managers dream :)
Maddie Skillz and her household of minions maxed 55 skills for a total of 55,000 points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »
Another micro-managers dream :)
Maddie Skillz and her household of minions maxed 55 skills for a total of 55,000 points.

Wowza. A perfect score. Well done. I suppose there is the chance of ties at the top. Can't really break ties with your time because that was never part of the strategy - a timed race.