Author Topic: Cottage Living (July 22) Am I fool to be excited?  (Read 8569 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Am I fool to be excited? Cottage Living July 22.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 06:05:34 AM »
Turns out Carl is one of the lucky game changers that get an advance copy of the pack. I am glad as I know him to be a straight shooter. I love his videos. He will be allowed to post his content on Cottage Living shortly after the livestream this Thursday. I am so excited. Carl is one of my favorite game changers. I am so glad they chose him to get an advance copy.

Link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0IIEZuaOermmnQCzudUo-g

Let us support his channel with our views and likes as we learn about Cottage Living.

Here is a link to the Livestream when it happens this Thursday, currently it has the time and date and a link to set a reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGnkwx_e8eo

Who else besides this fool is excited?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
Who else besides this fool is excited?

Currently I have brought up an old save, and I'm playing this household like crazy so that their son is ready to get his own place in time.  I have time slowed down through MCCC, and pretty long life spans, so I have about 2 weeks to get through about 8 weeks of game time, and it takes about an hour to play a day...  So, yeah, pretty excited.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »
Three words

Aggie

the

Godess

is back

Ok, 5 words.

And she has a cousin this time, yay.

I'm not sure it'll be enough to get me to buy it ... but yes, I'm excited about it :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 04:10:58 AM »
To be honest, I don't care much for the original elderly and hag-ish version of Aggie. Some Sims are just so unique to TS3 that they've become their own persons.

I love that you can brush the cow. Let's hope the gardening bugs are fixed once and for all now. It's really cute that toddlers can hug the chickens. Finally, a gay couple with two kids? Super-incredible YAYNESS...if true. Cute dread-y hairstyle for boys. Kids can now cook - that is precious, I think. Yummy food and new dishes are always welcome with me, because what I can't enjoy in real life, I have to enjoy in a game.

Well, the dressing up of all the animals is certainly not very realistic and caters to the child - be it an actual one or simply the inner one, but TS4 is not really a realistic life simulator, it's just a life simulator. I'm fine with that. I adore that we get such a snuggly version of cows. The produce competitions is a cool feature.

I'm glad I did pre-purchase it and will get the three nice-looking bonus items.

So, despite "not" playing the game, I still buy everything related to it, holding out hope it might suddenly grab me again. Maybe this time around, it will.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 09:48:03 PM »
Hi all, I just watched the live stream and Carl's fist video on Cottage Living. I even more excited. They added more depth to my favorite skill, gardening. Always welcomed. Children can garden!!!!!! I am so excited for giant crops and little gardeners.

Birds and bunnies help garden too. This makes me happy but I am a bit disappointed it appears there is no for home for your lot. Also it appears the payoff for befriending a fox is just it quits stealing. Kinda sad about that I wanted foxes to be like birds and rabbits. Glad foxes hunt though. Chickens need to fear something after all.

I hate to admit it but I am more excited now then before watching the videos. After watching the livestream and some game changer videos like Carl's, what got you the most hyped? What are you a bit disappointed in? Are you buying the pack?

Edited to add a link to Carl's video:

https://youtu.be/gm0tDqXeb-0

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2021, 12:25:56 AM »
I just learned the two new deaths is death by cute bunny and death by an attacking chicken. Death by chicken!!!!!! I am so excited. Beware of my attack chickens! I am so pleased.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2021, 01:50:21 AM »
Death by cute bunny?  Is there going to be a Holy Hand Grenade then? ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2021, 02:52:12 AM »
Yes the rabbits can kill you if you pick on them. And I haven't seen anyone announce a no on the Holy Hand Grenade, so maybe. Anyway the ghost of the sim killed by a cute little bunny will have a bunny in his/her chest. Death by chicken ghosts will have a chicken instead.

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2021, 10:45:30 AM »
I'm pretty curious to see how this pack integrates with the other packs particularly Cats & Dogs.  I guess we won't know until release but how will a dog interact with a fox or a bunny?  Will this new animal lover trait also impact cats and dogs?  I'm pretty excited about the pack and am looking forward to July 22nd!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2021, 09:17:44 PM »
Well ... Monty Python references AND Aggie the Goddess, yes I'm excited (it just needs a Star Trek tie in and I'll be throwing my money at them)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2021, 09:05:11 PM »
OK Carl's latest Cottage Living video got me laughing so I thought I would share.

https://youtu.be/ZluWT-lco1E

Attack chickens are real!! Poor Grim Reaper. That evil chicken kept beating him up.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: Cottage Living (July 22) Am I fool to be excited?
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 04:00:57 PM »
Personally, I'm super excited. I hope I'm not let down, but this will be the first expansion I'll pay full price for on the day it comes out. When I saw all those ingredients required for the recipes and the fact that you have to make cheese to use in recipes, I instantly became giddy.  I'm really curious about how eco living and seasons in particular will be incorporated. I'm wondering if honey can be a substitute for sugar, which will make beekeeping worth it. Also, will cricket flour be a substitute for flour. I'm also wondering if the pumpkins you grow can be used for pumpkin carving. I wonder if the big crops will be seasonal. I've said I wonder 50 times, but that's how excited I am about this gameplay, and I truly hope they incorporated the other packs into it. Also, the simple living lot challenge, I doubt I'll ever play any other way again. 

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »
Carl's video did EA no favors. I went from a maybe to a definite no on buying this. It looks horrid.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 08:51:36 PM »

Carl's video did EA no favors. I went from a maybe to a definite no on buying this. It looks horrid.

Really, Carl's video made me want to buy it more. To each their own.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2021, 11:30:07 PM »

Really, Carl's video made me want to buy it more. To each their own.
Same. It looked quirky and fun. Yes he showed some balance issues, but nothing like Relm of Magic has. Every Sims 4 pack has an ultra easy mode. In fact if you ignore golden chickens, and limit birds and bunnies to one it actually looks more challenging with the new lot challenge system.