Author Topic: Cottage Living (July 22) Am I fool to be excited?  (Read 8570 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Cottage Living (July 22) Am I fool to be excited?
« on: June 10, 2021, 05:30:17 PM »
Official trailer

https://youtu.be/7rSNOU_T7mg

Pre-order key feature page

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/cottage-living-reveal

News blog

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/cottage-living-reveal.

Bunnies and Llamas look fun. Bird poop is a thing. Attack chickens. Having a cow, literally in game. This has got me excited. And because I am excited, I am scared. The last time I was excited about a Sims 4 pack was a disaster (Bust the Dust). Still lamas and bunnies. Also I love we followed a bunny and not a sim. Great trailer.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Am I fool to be excited? Cottage Living July 22.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:40:38 PM »
I am so excited.!!!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:16:24 PM »
Not sure why, but that brought to mind the old song "Fool to Cry".

Until they fix the gardening bug, I'm not buying any more packs. And I have pretty much given up on the devs fixing that one.

But the trailer is good and it does look like fun.The cynic in me wonders what else they will break when it releases.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:22:55 PM »
Not a fool. If a pack has things I can use for storytelling or dynasties (the only two play styles of course) then I consider it a good investment.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 09:02:32 PM »
I have already preordered it, so now to count the days until it releases.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 06:08:48 AM »
As the song says, "only fools fall in love," but then, where's the fun in not being a fool? It looks like a good pack. 3 neighborhoods, 4 lots each, one of which is 64 x64. Llamas, Mrs. Crumplebottom, bunnies that you can befriend, foxes that might steal your chicken's eggs. Did I remember llamas?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »
Until they fix the gardening bug, I'm not buying any more packs. And I have pretty much given up on the devs fixing that one.

But the trailer is good and it does look like fun.The cynic in me wonders what else they will break when it releases.

My concerns exactly.
This pack is my dream come true, on paper. From the world to the focus on animals and self-sufficiency, plus these new Lot Challenge mechanics are intriguing.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Hoping for a beautiful empty shell that can be modded into something vaguely playable.
That's what stands for optimism these days.

EDIT: Also, ponds! No more surrounding fountains with a million resized rocks. Being able to swim in would be a lovely bonus, and the trailer seems to suggest so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MaryMary

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 09:52:15 AM »
Cautiously optimistic is also where I fall.  Gardening in the Sims has never been realistic.  You only have to look at the plants to know that.  But I've always wanted to be able to have my own farm for my sims, and this is the first time there has been a pack that satisfies that craving.  A few things clunk.  For instance, no gardener likes rabbits or birds around their gardens.  They are destructive thieves, not magical friends.  But hey, most game producers are urbanites who really don't know a lot about country life.  On the other side, it brings me joy to see Mrs. Crumplebottom return to her former glory, and after all these years, llamas.  Real llamas.  Adding embroidery is a nice touch, too.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 01:08:00 PM »
As I'm about to give up on gardening because of bugs and Seasons timings, I feel the fear of liking the thought of this pack. Lol.

Just had my whole garden revert back to unplanted... Having accomplished some big tasks since my last save...
Which choice is worse?

How many times will farm play in this pack get wiped out? I guess it will make me feel like a real farmer afraid of the blight? Or destructive weather? Lol.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
News update, water tools are coming in a free update right before the new pack comes out. No swimming in these ponds, but the river in the new world will have swimming. You can stock fish in the ponds you make, splash at the edges, and more just thought you all should know.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 12:40:15 AM »
It is official I am a fool as I just bought the pack. They had me with multiple new deaths, a new woohoo spot, and attack chickens. I am excited, I just can't help it. I know it will never live up to its potential and will be so bug ridden it will break my game, but attack chickens. Hi, my name is scoed and I am a fool. I allowed myself to get excited which always leads to a let down. It is the way of the way of the Sims, they show greatness, fools like me believe it and get excited, they release it, it is a shallow as can be with more bugs than content, the game breaks, the fools like me feel let down. I am in the excited believer phase, and I know better.  Still it is fun to dream of attack chickens. Long may they terrorize the neighborhood! Now if they give us fleas I would not be able to contain myself.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2021, 05:36:25 AM »
This pack has made me re-install The Sims 4 even though I had decided to abandon it for good. But I'm not going to be so sour that I end up robbing myself of a potential good experience.

Cottage Living looks really cute, and I expect to try it out.

You are absolutely not a fool, @scoed . You just want to have fun like the rest of us :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »
New trailer released:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlYojESNBIg

I have to say, as long as it isn't Bugmageddon like Eco Living was, this should be good.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »
Did you see that evil looking chicken? I want it now. Attack chickens got me so excited. I have my own in real life chickens, and I love them. They never attack but have been known to steal food or sit on my lap. I can't wait till my sims have there own chickens to love. They make great pets if you start handling them as chicks. The evil looking black chicken with red eyes was my favorite part of the new trailer. Well that and that thieving fox. I am so excited. They had me at chickens.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 05:02:03 AM »
OK I have been over watching the gameplay trailer and I noticed something cool. On that brief screen shot showing challenges and lot traits in build mode, off the lot wasn't a lot trait but a challenge. I found that cool. One reason I am so excited for this pack, other then attack chickens with fiery red eyes, is the look of the build/buy offerings. They deffenatly have a fairy tale look. The world does too for that matter. I think much of it combined with the stuff that came with Realm of Magic could be used to make the best little witches huts. I love that. A rural isolated off the grid witches hut. Simple Living combined with Off the Grid should make an interesting challenge together. I know I am a fool but I am so excited.

@Brian_Z of course it will be Bugageddon. It is well established that Maxis doesn't properly play test their products. Just look at the last two products of theirs with game play,  Dream Home Decorator and Bust the Dust both have/had more bugs than game play features.  Eco Living is the norm, not the exception to the amount of bugs to expect per feature. Bad news buy the pack or no, there is no escaping most of them. Most come with the free update to prep for the pack, instead of the pack itself. Well except Bust the Dust, there was no pre-pack patch, that thing itself was extremely broken with bugs and balance issues. Just except the fact that tons of bugs are coming and your mods will break. It is the rule not the exception for pre-pack patches. I honestly don't think Maxis even knows what play testing is. It is one of the reasons I know I am a fool for getting excited, but attack chickens, how can I help myself?