Author Topic: Every time I buy a new pack, I have to uninstall Origin  (Read 1439 times)

Offline khowler

• Nooboo
Every time I buy a new pack, I have to uninstall Origin
« on: June 08, 2021, 12:17:34 PM »
Is this happening to anyone else? Every time I download a new pack, kit, expansion, etc. I have to spend several days re-installing my whole Sims 4 stuff. This time it took 4 times of uninstalling and re-installing everything and a Bios update to work.

I have:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4 three times
  • Uninstalled Origin 3 times
  • Run CCleaner several times
  • Repaired the game several times
  • Sims 4 Factory Reset twice
  • Turned off Origin In Game
  • Turned off Start Origin at start of Windows
  • Tried windowed mode

Read and completed the helpful guides that have been found here on Carl's site. It's not like I am running an old computer so I shouldn't have to be running the Legacy version. Included an image that shows my PC specs. I don't think that it's that, but I have made sure that all my drivers are updated and all that stuff too. Am I the only one that has to re-install the Sims like this EVERY time? I am getting pretty frustrated. I want to play the new pack.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Every time I buy a new pack, I have to uninstall Origin
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 02:01:23 PM »
I am not sure what other advice to give other than to report it to AHQ Sims 4 Tech Help Board.

AHQ's Sims Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Sign in with your EA account, click the New Topic button, up near the top of the board, to make a new post. Give as much detail as possible, so they can help better.

Or Contact EA Help for further help.
https://help.ea.com/en/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything