Author Topic: Flutter Me Shutters  (Read 10383 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Flutter Me Shutters
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 12:11:13 AM »
Re: The first collection - 50 ordinary sims - does ordinary just mean human? Or does it also mean more, such as, not a celebrity?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2021, 06:27:21 AM »
It means human.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »
- Apartments aren't 'houses', right?
- Can we sell photos before a collection is complete?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 10:28:30 AM »
- Apartments aren't 'houses', right?
- Can we sell photos before a collection is complete?

Yes to both. An apartment is not a house, and you can sell photos as you go.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
Someone asked earlier in the thread if the Photo Studio was allowed, so I added that commissions were an allowed form of income to avoid confusion...

• All income is restricted to selling photographs and receiving commissions.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 05:27:43 PM »
How do you know how many photos you've taken?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 05:55:34 PM »
How do you know how many photos you've taken?

Hash marks on a sheet of paper, unfortunately. Old school. Lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »
Not sure if I'm going to participate in this one yet but I'll ask some questions anyway...

Also I may have found an exploit while messing around experimenting. I'll put that in a PM.

Is your starting sim the only one can take photos or can other sims you move in also take photos too? If they can, do you count their photos towards the 210 limit and the collections?

If you end because you took your 210th photo that means it ends immediately, yes? You wouldn't be able to sell your 210th photo.

Just to be clear regarding the collections:
- What is considered a landmark?
- By "every age group must be represented" you mean - babies, toddlers, children, teens, YAs, adults and elders, yes?
- "25 different harvestables" means you have to find/grow & harvest them, and lay them out somewhere & take a photo of each one. Or would a photo of a plant at the harvest stage qualify as counting towards this collection?
- If the photo of something (eg a chair) has other stuff in the background, is that still considered okay; or if the resulting photo comes out with a thumb over the picture? Basically, is it sufficient that I know I took a photo of item X for a collection or do you have to actually have a decent photo of X to count it towards the collection?

I have literally never used the photography skill except for making friends quickly so this would be a good way to expand my knowledge of it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
Not sure if I'm going to participate in this one yet but I'll ask some questions anyway...

Also I may have found an exploit while messing around experimenting. I'll put that in a PM.

Is your starting sim the only one can take photos or can other sims you move in also take photos too? If they can, do you count their photos towards the 210 limit and the collections?
Only photos taken by your starting Sim count.

If you end because you took your 210th photo that means it ends immediately, yes? You wouldn't be able to sell your 210th photo.
You can sell your 210th photo and then end.

Just to be clear regarding the collections:
- What is considered a landmark?
Statues, significant geographical features. The statue in Selvadorada would be considered a landmark. The knight in the Goths' home would not.
- By "every age group must be represented" you mean - babies, toddlers, children, teens, YAs, adults and elders, yes?
Yes[/quote]
- "25 different harvestables" means you have to find/grow & harvest them, and lay them out somewhere & take a photo of each one. Or would a photo of a plant at the harvest stage qualify as counting towards this collection?[/quote]
A photo of a plant with the harvestable on it would count.
- If the photo of something (eg a chair) has other stuff in the background, is that still considered okay; or if the resulting photo comes out with a thumb over the picture? Basically, is it sufficient that I know I took a photo of item X for a collection or do you have to actually have a decent photo of X to count it towards the collection?
If the photo has other stuff in the background that's okay. If a thumbprint obscures the picture, that counts towards your 210, and you can sell it, but it doesn't count towards a collection.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2021, 01:18:56 PM »
A clarification and an exploit to be avoided:

Each photo can only be counted in one collection. If a photo contains objects that might be included in two or more collections, e.g., a toddler and a chair, you may take 2 photos.

You may not receive a commission for a photo you did not take. Do not cancel out of a photo when you're using the Photo Studio.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Do the following count as furniture?
- Electronic appliances
- Plumbing items
- Decorative items

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »
Do the following count as furniture?
- Electronic appliances
- Plumbing items
- Decorative items

Yes. There is no stand alone furniture tab in build mode, so unless another team member feels differently, I'd argue that anything in Build mode > All would qualify.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2021, 02:39:01 AM »
If I can't complete a collection - or choose not to for some reason - can I use the photos that are meant to be allocated to that collection on anything I like? (Eg. I'm almost certainly not going to find 25 occults/etc with the packs I have. I would assume that it'd be okay to ignore that collection and just take 25 photos of anything so that I can still sell 210 photos in total, but I wanted to check)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2021, 06:16:01 AM »
If I can't complete a collection - or choose not to for some reason - can I use the photos that are meant to be allocated to that collection on anything I like? (Eg. I'm almost certainly not going to find 25 occults/etc with the packs I have. I would assume that it'd be okay to ignore that collection and just take 25 photos of anything so that I can still sell 210 photos in total, but I wanted to check)

That's fine.

Offline Maidenfine

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »
I know we need to buy a furnished house, but do we then set the family funds to zero? Or will buying a more cheaply furnished house affect the total at the end?

anything