Author Topic: Dream Home Decorator -- First Impressions  (Read 7010 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Dream Home Decorator -- First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 03:21:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum, @celticlass!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline merchantfan

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
Yeah I'm glad to hear there are people who like it. There aren't even that many Simmers doing Let's Plays. Even most of the main GameChangers haven't posted much besides videos stealing everyone's stuff which is funny once but otherwise not useful. James Turner is the only one I've seen actually trying to play it the intended way. Personally, I am planning to get it, but am waiting until MC Command Center updates to be fully compatible. I'm hoping Carl covers Preferences and DHD soon on here so I can see a full list of all the preferences, possible rooms, and styles of furniture.
I do wish it had basic requirements for say a kitchen or bedroom renovation but at least we won't get glitches that don't recognize the bed or need to put a desk in but then we'd have to make the room bigger and can't modify the roof. Also I'm a bit nervous about future packs' build mode items continuing to be classified appropriately under DHD. Hopefully it will. I also am annoyed they didn't add "knitting" on as a possible skill preference. It's its own skill and makes more sense for your average Sim than rocket science. Also they need to classify the knifty knitting stuff as knitting so when we play we can add on things like a little craft corner or craft room which would be nice. Wondering if cross-stitching will be its own skill- you could have a room with that too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 04:22:14 PM »
I don't know when Carl will do a guide, but you can use the filters in Build mode (right hand corner, just above the furniture) to find a certain style or color. If I'm looking for couches, chairs, and loveseats, for example, in the Cosmolux style, I click on Cosmolux in the filter and then on the all button in comfort. You can filter for color and style simultaneously, if you like.

Offline Cat_Mom

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 11:57:56 AM »
I like the Dream Home Decorator pack. Ive been enjoying playing the interior decorator career. Perhaps its because remodeling/redecorating is one of my favourite things to do in the game. Afterall, it was only $20, I happy with that.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 08:11:44 AM »
This is hardly a first impression, but I've been playing with DHD for a Sim week now and have to say that it's becoming one of my favorite packs. They have added knitting and cross-stitching to possible interests, and yes, they continue to categorize furniture, etc. At least a couple of the wallpapers from the Decor kit showed up when I filtered for Boho style.

I like the pack because the gigs are entertaining. I would not give a Sim household that I play a purple and red kitchen, but if the Landgraabs want a new kitchen and their favorite colors are red and purple, that's what they get. My own Sims tend to live in rather bland, basic abodes, expensive beds being their chief luxury. Decorating other houses gives me a chance to use all the furniture that normally stays in buy mode.

Also, with Neighborhood Stories, having a Sim in the career gives me the opportunity to add toddler beds and pet food dishes to homes that need them.