Author Topic: Likes & Dislikes  (Read 2252 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Likes & Dislikes
« on: May 27, 2021, 01:41:44 PM »
As I'm sure many people know, we got Likes and Dislikes in today's patch. Your Sim can pick as many as 20 over all from 3 categories: Color, Music, and Activity.

There are 11 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, gray, brown, and pink.

Music choices depend on what expansion packs you have. They did not include the music from Journey to Batuu.

Activities are actually skills, and again depend on what packs you have. I hope they tweak this a bit because archaeology is not included. Neither is logic, which admittedly is not an activity, but playing chess and using the observatory are.

I have some ideas about ways to use Likes and Dislikes, but I want to play around with them a bit first.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Likes & Dislikes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »
I've had some ideas about traits and likes ad dislikes:

Instead of filling a trait slot with the Music Lover trait, have your Sim like one or more of the musical instruments. Children can like the violin and piano, so you can get your child started early.

Instead of Loves the Outdoors trait, have your Sim like fishing and gardening.

We don't have a No Sense of Humor trait, but a dislike of comedy and mischief might work just as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 10:05:21 PM »
This is another one of those things that has potential, but is so limited in its implementation that it is just sad.

Personally, I have a favorite color. I don't have five favorite colors. That one just seems to be wanting.

I like a lot of different types of music, but how often does that come into play in Sims 4?

So that puts most of the onus on activities. I guess that's okay. But when I was reading a book about handiness, there was no buff. I guess because he was reading?

It just seems like gameplay that is tailored to the new game pack. Which is okay, I guess. But it's still less than meets the eye.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 07:39:26 AM »
I don't know that you'll always get a moodlet. My Sim who now likes handiness did have his fun rise while doing wood-working, which is a plus. I can't tell whether the fun would rise faster when reading a book because they always get an increase in fun while reading.

They do get a moodlet when doing something they dislike, and unfortunately, even if you try to make them dislike something you don't like, they will still do it. Making a Sim dislike mischief just means that they'll be tense about pranking the toilet.