Author Topic: 2021 Mid-Season Major: Pam's Memorial Baby Boomer Challenge  (Read 13972 times)

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
Re: 2021 Mid-Season Major: Pam's Memorial Baby Boomer Challenge
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 07:04:03 PM »
Adults:  4 * 1600 = 6400
Teens   1 *    800 =  800
Children 2 * 400 =    800
Toddler 1 *   200 =    200
Total = 8200

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 08:11:41 PM »
I am in week 3, so hopefully will finish tomorrow night.  This has been a lot of fun, so far. :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2021, 03:58:07 PM »
One of my Sims had his young adult birthday, but can't move out. The action simply keeps disappearing from his queue, even after repairing the game and clearing caches. His siblings had no such trouble.
May I remove him via manage households?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »
One of my Sims had his young adult birthday, but can't move out. The action simply keeps disappearing from his queue, even after repairing the game and clearing caches. His siblings had no such trouble.
May I remove him via manage households?

Yes.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2021, 12:22:41 AM »
So I forgot to check if my babies were good friends with both parents before aging them up - is that a fail? When doing some practicing earlier, every baby that I had was already good friends with both parents immediately after arriving home from the hospital. (Not sure if this is the default or the result of something I did. I don't play with babies much). But this time I completely forgot to check - probably because it was past my bedtime but I was keen to have the birth & age up the baby/babies before logging off for the night.

I can look in my previous save (made after the babies were born but before I aged them up) and as it turns out, they were both good friends with their parents at that point as per usual, but it seems slightly cheaty to look it up retroactively. What should I do? Just keep going, restart from that save after the babies were born, start over completely, DNF?

---

There are also a couple of other points I'd like some clarification on.

1) By "stay at home" you just mean that sim can't get any kind of job/career and they must have a family aspiration & family oriented, yes? It doesn't mean that the sim literally cannot leave the home lot? (The earlier answers about going to other worlds/the spa seem to indicate that leaving the lot is okay, but I'd like to be sure).

2) This part of the general rules: "Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Normal. "

Do I have to reset all options to default or just those four listed? I just discovered tonight that restoring the default settings with the button in the options menu will turn off the sims 3 camera and also uncheck "traditional social menu" and "show whims". I always play with these three options checked so I turned them back on - am I breaking the rules by using them? I doubt I could stand to play without the sims 3 camera to be honest. The camera and the social menu settings shouldn't really make any difference to gameplay anyway, but showing whims (or not) could have an impact.

---

Also, hello!  :)

I've lurked on these forums for ages, sometimes doing past challenges for my own entertainment. While I haven't participated in an active tournament before, I've still had many hours of entertainment from various challenges made for past Sims 3 & 4 tournaments. And there are still others that have caught my interest which I'll probably try at some point. So I'd like to thank the challenge team (past & present) for coming up with so many great challenges over the years!

(I thought about trying to participate in the tournament last year but what with being busy in real life and not having most of the packs yet due to being a very late adopter, it never ended up working out.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2021, 05:35:09 AM »
I can look in my previous save (made after the babies were born but before I aged them up) and as it turns out, they were both good friends with their parents at that point as per usual, but it seems slightly cheaty to look it up retroactively. What should I do? Just keep going, restart from that save after the babies were born, start over completely, DNF?

Since you went back and checked just keep going.

1) By "stay at home" you just mean that sim can't get any kind of job/career and they must have a family aspiration & family oriented, yes? It doesn't mean that the sim literally cannot leave the home lot? (The earlier answers about going to other worlds/the spa seem to indicate that leaving the lot is okay, but I'd like to be sure).

Correct. No job/career for the stay-at-home Sim, but they can leave the lot.

2) This part of the general rules: "Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Normal. "

Do I have to reset all options to default or just those four listed? I just discovered tonight that restoring the default settings with the button in the options menu will turn off the sims 3 camera and also uncheck "traditional social menu" and "show whims". I always play with these three options checked so I turned them back on - am I breaking the rules by using them? I doubt I could stand to play without the sims 3 camera to be honest. The camera and the social menu settings shouldn't really make any difference to gameplay anyway, but showing whims (or not) could have an impact.

You're fine with what you did. Whims are fine.

Also, hello!  :)

Welcome to the Tournament and good luck. :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2021, 09:52:13 AM »
The Whitings are done.

Young Adults Moved Out:  5 * 1600 = 8000
Remaining Children:
  • Teens:  2 * 800 = 1600
  • Children:  1 * 400 = 400
  • Toddler:  2 * 200 = 400
  • >>Total Remaining:  (1600+400+400) = 2400
Total: 8000 + 2400 = 10400

Tie Breaker (1st YA moved out):  17,730 minutes
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 12:15:27 AM »
I haven't played my Sims or been on the forums for awhile now. Not sure this was the best challenge to get back into the swing of things, lol! I am so done with toddlers.

Young adults moved out = 5 @ 1600 each for 8000
One teen left in house = 800
One child left in house = 400
One toddler left in house = 200

Does a pregnant mother count as infant? I assume not. Total points = 9400!

rokrchik

Offline PinkyPanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2021, 11:56:04 PM »
do you have to have seasons? how do you know its week 5? Also we do normal lifespand correct? or is it short for this challenge?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »
do you have to have seasons? how do you know its week 5? Also we do normal lifespand correct? or is it short for this challenge?

You do not need Seasons. The game clock at the bottom of the screen does not keep track of weeks as it did in Sims 3, so you'll just need to keep track manually. If you do have Seasons, then it's a bit easier because you'd go through each Season once starting with Spring and then your last day would be when you return to Spring.

Lifespan = Normal.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 10:35:19 AM »
YA moved out: 11 x 1600 = 17,600
Teens at home: 0 x 800 = 0
Children at home: 2 x 400 = 800
Toddlers at home: 2  x 200 = 400
Infants at home: 0 x 100 = 0
TOTAL: 17,600 + 800 + 400 = 18,800

Sadly, I forgot to write down the time my first YA moved out at. So, in case of a tie, let's assume I was the last :D

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »
This was a very fun challenge.
Young adults moved out 8 x 1600 = 12 800
Children at home 1 X 400 = 400
toddlers at home 1 X 200 = 200
Total score 13 400

Offline Maidenfine

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »
So, my score is. . . well, it's awful. But, I only recently started playing Sims 4 (instead of 2 or 3), and this is the first challenge in any Sims game that I've done, other than a Legacy Challenge. So I sucked at it. But I learned a lot and I may go back and try it again, just for myself to see what kind of score I could get when I know what I'm doing. Anyhow. On to the score.

YA Moved out: 3 x 1600 = 4800
Teens at home: 1 x 800 = 800
Children at home: 3 x 400 = 1200
Toddlers at home: 0 x 200 = 0
Infants at home: 0 x 100 = 0

Total Score: 6800

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2021, 06:28:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum, @Maidenfine .

--------------

This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon. Remember: this event is a Major, so it counts as two events. Also, don't feel like you have to play until the 5th week to post a score. If you cannot finish, then post a partial score. Let's see lots of participants for Pam. :)

Offline Heather3028

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2021, 09:06:20 PM »
I had lots of fun with this challenge!

YA moved out: 7 x 1600 = 11,200
Teens at home: 1 x 800 = 800
Children at home: 1 x 400 = 400
Toddlers at home: 1 x 200 = 200
Total = 12,600

1st YA moved out: 13,482 minutes

anything