Author Topic: Help Needed With New Mods  (Read 1658 times)

Offline RavenStarshine

• Nooboo
Help Needed With New Mods
« on: April 10, 2021, 03:57:03 AM »
 :-\ Hey everybody...

I'm really new to The Sims game series and Sims 4. I'm using a Mac {because Win 10 has too much clutterware!}. Just downloaded several items from MTS. All of those are .package files of course. But I've got a question for the modders here...

What is the other format used for saving mods {Finder in the Mac doesn't know what to do with .package files and pkg files and treats them as documents and }??...

Downloaded Sims 4 Studio and it's acting glitchy. Whenever I open it up...I get this error message thingie of "Cannot find Sims 4...please verify game path". Can someone explain how to fix that??

Asking because I'm going to need to figure out how to add interactions for my SIMs that aren't included in the game {including sign language} and I'm probably going to have to either make some adjustments. Or create a separate mod. Also. I'm going to need to make several food items for my SIMs that aren't included in the game...

And while I'm talking about food and eating...

I'm trying to figure out how to make all my SIMs hold the fork like this when using it to eat {see below}:

Any ideas??

Get back to me on this please,
Thanks!
Rocker :-\

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Help Needed With New Mods
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 08:57:18 AM »
Good morning RavenStarshine,

Here is the link over on the site that hosts Sims4 Studio, this will give you steps by steps on how to get the paths to your Sims 4 folder on a Mac.

This is one you might find useful Online Manual

Some mod files will pop up as a notepad when you extract them. If they do that, then just "copy and paste" the downloaded file to your mods folders.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.