Author Topic: Using Cheats on Console Without Consequence?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Mastah Burnz

• Nooboo
Using Cheats on Console Without Consequence?
« on: March 27, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
I've heard that in The Sims 4 on console the use of cheats will disable your ability to get achievements with that save file. I'm not obsessed with getting achievements at all, but would still like to retain the ability to do so. So, I was wondering if I could make a new game, use cheats for otherwise unobtainable items (Magic Realm portals, the spore machine in The Secret Lab), place them in a room which I upload to My Library, and then place it in my house in my normal, cheat-free game. Does anyone know if this would be a viable solution for getting those items without locking me out out getting achievements? Also, same thing for Sims created with cheats. Thanks in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Using Cheats on Console Without Consequence?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 02:46:23 PM »
It's my understanding that if you turn on cheats in a save you will loose access to achievements/trophies even if you turn the cheats off.

This is just for the save you are using cheats on. Create a new save without cheats and you will have access to the achievements/trophies.

Here is a thread that gives more details about it:

PS4 I used cheats but i want to earn trophies
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-I-used-cheats-but-i-want-to-earn-trophies/td-p/6867803
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mastah Burnz

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:22:51 AM »
MrsFlynn, Just to clarify: What I want here is to use cheats to spawn, for example, a Magic Realm portal into my game, and not have to worry about achievements being blocked. So, Save A is cheat-free, Save B is the cheater. Using Save B, I'll spawn the portal in, place it into a room which I save to My Library. Then, back in Save A, I'll place the room with portal from My Library, and enjoy the benefits of having my own portal in my house. This way, I'm hoping that my game will be fine, instead of detecting an item I could only have obtained from cheating and block me from achievements.

P.S. Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here (or at any later point), LOL.  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 01:39:33 PM »
It sounds like from what the AHQ thread you can save families and lots to the library and place them from Save B to Save A.

I don't have a way to test this, as I don't have all packs on the PS4, only base game. So you'll have to do the testing yourself.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this you might want to post in the AHQ thread I mentioned:

PS4 I used cheats but i want to earn trophies
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-I-used-cheats-but-i-want-to-earn-trophies/td-p/6867803

Sign in with your EA account and post your questions by clicking the reply button on any posts in that thread.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything