Author Topic: Career Rewards Exploit  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Mastah Burnz

• Nooboo
Career Rewards Exploit
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:24:14 AM »
Hi everyone. Not sure if this is something that people already know, but here we go anyway. I've just experimented a little and have found that you can obtain career reward items that you usually would not be able to - with no cheats or mods!

My method:

1 - Go into Manage Worlds and pick an empty lot

2 - Open up Styled Rooms in Build Buy Mode and choose the Heart of Darkness room (which would otherwise require reaching Level 10 of the Secret Agent career in the Villain branch)

3 - Select and then save the room to My Library

4 - Go back to my played family and back into Build Buy Mode, into My Library, and then simply place the room into my house (or rather, on the roof)

Unfortunately, a quick test afterward has shown that while I can now have the items within the room without ever being in the corresponding career (both of my Sims have only been Tech Gurus in this save, 1 in either branch), I can't clone them in BBM (PS4: Triangle button while hovering over an item). However, I'm still able to have and enjoy the items and move them into other rooms.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Career Rewards Exploit
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 06:36:13 AM »
Another way to do it is, you can just drop the command console and type "testingcheats on" and then type "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" and then all reward objects career based or not can be freely used in build mode. Your way works but as you point out has it's limits. This doesn't.

If the first part sounds harsh, it isn't ment to be. Sorry if it does. It is just an alternate way of doing what you are doing I find easier for me.

I never thought of doing what you suggested. It is clever. I do something similar with the gallery to cheat perfect plants in the game. I just never thought of doing it with game reward items. Interesting. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mastah Burnz

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 10:53:49 AM »
@scoed No offense taken. :)

I'm a new player playing on PlayStation 4, and at the moment, I wanna retain my ability to keep earning achievements. For PS4 players, using cheats disables achievements. I'm not big on the achievements, but I'd still rather keep my ability to earn them for now.

Like I said, it's likely that many people thought of doing this ages ago. Still, thought I'd share it a bit further; you never know the people who've never thought of it, and who's been helped from spreading it. And I'm glad it's worked on at least 1 other so far.  :D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »
I didn't know that about the console version of the game, as I am a PC player. Leaned something. You taught me something. Guess old dogs can learn new tricks after all. @Mastah Burnz thanks.

anything