Author Topic: Emotional Rollercoaster  (Read 12796 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Emotional Rollercoaster
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 04:28:31 PM »
 I am having a practice and despite owning nothing except a plot of land and a phone my Sim has decided what he wants what he really wants is a a beebox.  I am guessing that whim cannot be counted because it's not an emotional whim. But does the no cancelling rules count across all whims or just the ones that are triggered by emotions

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »
I am having a practice and despite owning nothing except a plot of land and a phone my Sim has decided what he wants what he really wants is a a beebox.  I am guessing that whim cannot be counted because it's not an emotional whim. But does the no cancelling rules count across all whims or just the ones that are triggered by emotions

Rachel

At least IMO the only relevant whims are emotional ones. I think players should be able to cancel other ones to progress a bit faster. Anyone disagree?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »
I don't know if this is relevant but emotional whims cancel automatically after a period of time if not complete Are we supposed to lock these whims until completed or just let them slide. Technically it's not cancelling and it does take up game time. Personally I found it irritating to be on my way to go take an angry poop only for it to get cancelled on me.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »
Personally I found it irritating to be on my way to go take an angry poop only for it to get cancelled on me.

Rachel

Then maybe simply locking emotional whims is the way to go instead of not allowing cancelling?

EDIT --

By the way, when I single out this sentence and make it bold...

Personally I found it irritating to be on my way to go take an angry poop only for it to get cancelled on me.

...it just makes all of the day's worries go away. Lol.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 08:06:28 PM »
Sorry, but you can't lock emotional whims. Not my rule -- the game's. Yeah, and I've had emotional whims cancel, too. What's worse, is you can lose one because you go to a different level of the emotion. But that's what makes it a challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 08:59:34 PM »
Marian I did not know that. To be honest I've never tried to lock them I just assumed they were lockable. You learn something new about this game all the time.

Rachel

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 05:18:08 PM »
Was there any clarification on whether we count different levels of the same emotions as different emotions. For example is mortified different to just being very embarrassed or is it all just under the embarrassed umbrella so to speak

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »
I asked this, and got an answer:

Do we count the 'degrees' of emotion as one? For example, do we count playful / very playful / hysterical as one emotion?
playful, very playful, and hysterical all count as the same emotion. If in doubt, look at the colors.

So embarrased and mortified would also count as the same emotion.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »
Thank you I must have missed that when I looked through the comments.

Rachel

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 01:41:29 AM »
I'd like to clarify a few points once again, please:

1) How many sims are we allowed to invite after Day 5? For some reason, in my early messages I wrote "3" (maybe it was a strange mistake, because now I don't see any restriction of three in the rules). But then, everyone else in the comments also spoke about three... So is it really just three sims, or up to seven?
2) How many emotions exactly are there in the statistics panel? Can someone please confirm that there are 14, not 15?

Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 06:24:05 AM »

1) How many sims are we allowed to invite after Day 5? For some reason, in my early messages I wrote "3" (maybe it was a strange mistake, because now I don't see any restriction of three in the rules). But then, everyone else in the comments also spoke about three... So is it really just three sims, or up to seven?

It's totally up to you, thus, the no restrictions in the rules. But, no one can be moved out.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 07:46:14 AM »
We can orchestrate Sims deaths right? Obviously I mean without directly controlling the Sims in question.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 11:26:42 AM »
We can orchestrate Sims deaths right? Obviously I mean without directly controlling the Sims in question.

Rachel

Nikitachi — I count 14 total emotions in stats.

Rachel - intentionally killing in this one is a no go. I'll make an edit.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
Is there a way to use the Simology panel for counting unique whims or will those need to be manually tallied?

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »

It's totally up to you, thus, the no restrictions in the rules. But, no one can be moved out.

Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. I also thought it was limited to 3 other Sims for some reason.

anything