Author Topic: Emotional Rollercoaster  (Read 12751 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Emotional Rollercoaster
« on: February 26, 2021, 05:46:57 AM »
Emotional Rollercoaster

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
This one will be short and sweet — your Sim has been given the task of keeping track of emotional whims for one week with the challenge ending on Week 2, Day 1 at 8 am. You can count each completed unique whim once. Whims that are the same but triggered by different emotions may be counted both times, e.g., "Make a friend" can count for both Happy and Confident. During the last 3 days, your Sim may invite other Sims to join the household and collect 2 points for each different emotion those Sims experience. You will not be able to control those Sims, though.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. Exceptions are noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one Young Adult — any life state.
  • Adding to the household is allowed only during the last 3 days of the Challenge (Week 1, Days 5, 6, & 7, starting at 8 am on Day 5). Once moved in, Sims may not move out.
  • Cancelling whims is not allowed.
  • If your starting Sim dies, that ends the Challenge. If another Sim in the household dies (must be unintentional), keep playing.
  • This challenge ends at Week 2, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

1 Pt. Whims — You get 1 point for each unique Confident, Energized, Flirty, Focused, Happy, Inspired, and Playful completed whim.

2 Pt. Whims — You get 2 points for each unique Dazed, Angry, Bored, Embarrassed, Sad, and Tense completed whim.

3DR (3-Day Rollercoaster) — For each different emotion experienced by Sims added during the last 3 days, you get 2 pts. Count each emotion only once. You can find out which emotions a Sim had by looking in the Stats section of the Information Panel.

Total — Add your 1 Pt. and 2 Pt. whims together with the 2 Pt. emotions for your Total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            1 Pt. Whims     2 Pt. Whims     3DR          Total
Nikitachi76110196382
LenaLJ74104196374
ratchie66108180354
Nandarelle75104174353
Delokkpsi5570146271
Eighty8Keys6158136255
math_chick6370118251
MarianT5346124223
Teresa5224124200
CynKuy5828102188
Metropolis Man5232102186
Noyo525042144
Gwenbear432840111
Ginj67101794

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Emotional Rollercoaster
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 05:52:30 AM »
2/28 — Changed length of event to one Sim week + banned cancelling whims.

3/2 — No intentional killing...

• If your starting Sim dies, that ends the Challenge. If another Sim in the household dies (must be unintentional), keep playing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:10:21 AM »
Wow, that's something new! Thank you!!!

As usual, a few questions from me right from the start:

- What about Rally the Troops this time?
- There is a new emotion of fear that came with the newest game pack. I don't see it being listed. So, should this game pack be disabled?
- Since we can't control those invited sims, should we just never switch to them at all, and count the emotions just by the changing color of their icon?
- I assume we can't cancel a whim if we get the one that we've already completed? We should just complete it again, but for no points, right?
- For the added sims, does "Count each emotion only once" mean counting between all three sims, or does each added sim has its own scoring? In other words, if we have 16 emotions, is the maximum score here 32 or 96?
- For the line above: do we count all 16 emotions (including Uncomfortable, Fine and Sleeping), or only the 13 that you listed for the initial sim?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 08:05:39 AM »
Nikitachi, I am glad you like the new idea. I have my own thoughts on some of your answers, but I will defer to Marian for now. This is her baby and she can chime in today.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:24:34 AM »
Wow, that's something new! Thank you!!!

As usual, a few questions from me right from the start:

- What about Rally the Troops this time?
Rally the Troops is okay.
- There is a new emotion of fear that came with the newest game pack. I don't see it being listed. So, should this game pack be disabled?
No. Fear isn't listed because it's like Fine and Uncomfortable -- there's no associated whim (darn!).
- Since we can't control those invited sims, should we just never switch to them at all, and count the emotions just by the changing color of their icon?
You could do that, or you can switch at the end and go to their information panel, the one where you see their traits, and click on the stats. Scrolling down, you come to their emotions. Count each emotion experienced once. You might see that the Sim has been Happy 20 times, but you count Happy only once.
- I assume we can't cancel a whim if we get the one that we've already completed? We should just complete it again, but for no points, right?
You can cancel whims, whether your Sim has experienced them or not.
- For the added sims, does "Count each emotion only once" mean counting between all three sims, or does each added sim has its own scoring? In other words, if we have 16 emotions, is the maximum score here 32 or 96?
Each added Sim gets its own score.
- For the line above: do we count all 16 emotions (including Uncomfortable, Fine and Sleeping), or only the 13 that you listed for the initial sim?
Good question. For the added Sims, I'd say go with what's listed in the stats. That would include Fine and Uncomfortable, I don't know about Sleeping. Assuming it's 15 emotions, the highest score you could get for the 3 Sims would be 90.

[/quote]
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »
Thanks Marian! Only one confusion left so far:

Good question. For the added Sims, I'd say go with what's listed in the stats. That would include Fine and Uncomfortable, I don't know about Sleeping. Assuming it's 15 emotions, the highest score you could get for the 3 Sims would be 90.

I think when I opened this panel in my game, there were 14, but I don't have Paranormal Stuff yet. Is Fear there as well? I didn't really want to buy this pack yet, but if Fear counts, I should think about it again.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
I have the Paranormal pack, and Fear was not added to the list in the stats.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »
I did not think about this beforehand, but there is the possibility that top players may post perfect scores. So, in that event does everyone feel that it might be best to also have players with perfect scores include a finishing time ...just in case we need to break a tie at the top?

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »
This sounds really fun and interesting!

Two questions:
-Do we count the 'degrees' of emotion as one? For example, do we count playful / very playful / hysterical as one emotion?[/quote]
playful, very playful, and hysterical all count as the same emotion. If in doubt, look at the colors.
-Can we use manage households to move people in at the end?
No, ask to move in.
As for the tiebreaker, does that only count for the last three days then?
Good question, and I'll say yes, because I don't know what a maximum score for the whims would be, either.
I'm not sure I would even know if I had the maximum score for the first part of the challenge. (I did find a list of emotional whims, but there have been many patches since that was made.)

Also, when I tried to search but didn't include 'Sims', the Internet provided me with this:
"Happiness is not to be achieved at the command of emotional whims"
Just so you all know.
Thanks -- but for this challenge it is.  ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 08:40:29 PM »
I did not think about this beforehand, but there is the possibility that top players may post perfect scores. So, in that event does everyone feel that it might be best to also have players with perfect scores include a finishing time ...just in case we need to break a tie at the top?

Yes -- for the 3 Sims added at the end. As Nandarelle pointed out, we don't know exactly how many emotional whims there are.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 04:14:41 AM »
I have a feeling that the starting sim will complete all possible whims much earlier than Week 2 Day 5... I don't think there are that many, especially given the fact that we can cancel any whims we don't want to complete, including duplicates.
Should we maybe think about something extra to do? For example, take into account the satisfaction points earned by the end of the game, and somehow including them into scoring.

UPD: Okay, so I've spent sime time testing, and there are only a bit more than one hundred of different whims. Since almost all the whims can be completed within just a few Sim minutes, 11 days is definitely way too much for this task. I have a few ideas of what could be done here:

1) Most simple: cut off the time for the whims (maybe making it Week 1, Day 5, 8 AM? so 4 days for the whims and 3 days for the emotions)
2) Disallow canceling whims (then, people will have to spend a lot of time repeating duplicate whims and that will prolong the gameplay)
3) Make a totally different scoring system, based on time rather than on count (for example, complete 100 unique whims, then invite other sims and make them experience all the emotions each, and stop the game when this task is complete)

What do you think?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
I like the idea of not being able to cancel whims and having to  repeat them. It adds some degree of luck and randomness to the game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:44 PM »
I like your suggestions, Nikitachi. Not #3, but #1 and #2. In fact - we could do both. What do you think, Marian? The challenge could be very short and sweet and end on Week 2, Day 1 and we could ban cancelling whims on top of that.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 01:55:23 PM »
I like your suggestions, Nikitachi. Not #3, but #1 and #2. In fact - we could do both. What do you think, Marian? The challenge could be very short and sweet and end on Week 2, Day 1 and we could ban cancelling whims on top of that.

Sounds okay to me. I went with the 3 weeks mainly because that was the length of the other challenges.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
I made the necessary edits. Thanks for the suggestions, Nikitachi.