Author Topic: The Sims 4 kits are coming. and other news of the day, I wish  (Read 3605 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
The Sims 4 kits are coming. and other news of the day, I wish
« on: February 26, 2021, 03:50:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1365062974570905602

We lack any real information. There was a leak showing three new packs that was of a new type kit. Instead of ignoring it as usual the powers that be confirmed kits are coming. As little official word has been given we lack details but they appear to be smaller than stuff packs. As the leaked titles are not official I will not spoil them here but Google is useful for this and so is a PM if that don't work. So it is official EA found a new way to take all my money. Not sure how I feel about that. We will be getting more news March 2. I will reserve judgment on this new way to milk me dry until then.

Secondly we got free stuff today. Free stuff good. I would like to express my appreciation for the gift. 21 new items from the sim mod community is a great gift. Here is the official twitch video on it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/928106050

Notice at the end of that video they leaked bunk beds are coming. This is huge news. I know many here have been wanting, no, more like demanding them for a while now. They are coming and they are coming for free. Free stuff good. Wanted free stuff is even better. Today I am happy with the news.   

Also in the video they mentioned they will start a viewable list of bugs they working on that the community are most interested in and that skin tone fixes for those not on a PC or Mac should come in the end of March.

One last thing, Carl put out a news video about this stuff. Since he doesn't put his videos on the forum I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54lkZClyjdM

I covered everything he did in his video in my post but I wish to support his channel and I am poor I share his content when appropriate to a discussion. Please watch, like and subscribe. Thank you @Carl for your YouTube channel, your sites, and this forum.

Also there was bug fixes today as will in the patch the free stuff cam in. Here is a link to a forum post discussing this.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32013.msg509381#new

Anyway what is everyone's thoughts on this news? I am excited about the feedstuff today and the bunkbeds that are coming. I always welcome bug fixes. More info is always welcomed. And I an withholding judgements on kits.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 kits are coming. and other news of the day, I wish
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 08:39:31 AM »
Thanks for the post! I, too, like free stuff, and I especially like the hats with ear flaps that we're getting. I don't think my male Sims will be happy about the kitty faces, but they'll have a choice -- do they want fierce headaches from the cold wind in winter or do they want to appear macho? (I'm looking at you, Alexander Goth.)

As for the kits -- I think they've been confirmed by EA by now, but we don't know the price. Less than a stuff pack, I've heard. I'm very much on the fence about the 3 packs we were shown, but I'm not against the idea of the kits -- we had something similar with the Store in TS3. Given the right pack (children and toddler clothing, for example), I would get one.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Free stuff is great but I do feel sorry for all the players who already own the cc that we are now getting for free. For people who don't know the cc we got has already been released by the cc creators previously. Bunk beds will be handy I do have to give them that and it helps to not have to fiddle about with platforms to create bunk beds but the Murphy beds were great in theory till we ended up with expensive death traps. So I will reserve judgement until they arrive

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
Unless a kit has something that's actually new-- like the bunk beds-- I don't see the point.  If it's just going to be stuff that's already in the game, just a new appearance... I can go to one of the many CC sites and download a mind-boggling amount of new stuff for free.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 01:32:05 AM »
@Brian_Z Well the point would be there are many who play on a platform other than PC or MAC and can't add CC. Also there are many, I used to be one, who do not want the upkeep and insatiability that can come with CC and mods. I know I have had CC break my game more than once. Plus some will just like an item and are willing to pay. CC is similar how many CC creators have Patreon accounts after all. Someone is a member on these accounts. Plus it looks like one of them does come with new game play, so I am guessing sometimes here will be something new. I am hoping no one buys stuff they don't want. I know also no matter what it is someone is wanting it.

Offline Meevee

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 05:05:25 PM »
I think these kits might be good ways for new players to dip their toes in the water of DLC's, since they may be skeptical of blowing $40 on an expansion pack right out the gate. However, they could very easily leave a bad taste in some players mouth depending on the amount of content we get compared to the price.

I just hope they don't make another digital currency like Simpoints again  ;)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »
Here is the release trailer.

https://youtu.be/Ei9Y3AFR0Rw

Here is the official site page.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/kits?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_ts4-kits-0103-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=67804&ts=1614726227332

They are live now and cost $4.99 US. What do you all think?

I may get the Bust the Dust one as it has game play, but $5 for a product with no game play seems too much given I play on a PC and can get nearly unlimited CC for free. Maybe these kits will go on sale. I would buy if they were $3 or less.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
I bought all 3 kits and here are my initial thoughts. Really liked the create a sim items from the fit kit I was a teenager in the 1990s so I can relive my youth. My daughter tells me that the 90s fashion is currently in so thats good too.
The kitchen pack has some cute items and I like that the cooker only costs 600 simoleons and is a food quality of 7 the next oven up cost 1050 and is food quality 4. Also oven and refrigerator are usable off the grid although the fridge us relatively expensive at 1700.
The vaccume cleaners are cute but I've seen people say they glitch with Sims hovering outside. I haven't tried the aspirations out yet.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 07:12:07 AM »
I have no sales resistance. I bought all 3, too. The bucket hat sold me on the clothing, and the kitchen stuff comes with really nice floor tiles (and everything else is pretty, too). And vacuuming looks cute. Finally Eliza Pancakes can have an aspiration that fits her personality.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:51 AM »
Carl released a video on these kits.

https://youtu.be/vVXpNoQ-Zik

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 09:22:22 AM »
Side note for the Dust Kit... Using the high end vacuum (from the pets expansion) seems to take care of the dust. I had a dust bunny put one down and hit run and the dust bunny went poof and the house was listed as clean and dust free.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
Someone should likely post the kit livestream.

https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/v/934393715?sr=a&t=463s

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 08:03:31 PM »
I like the idea, but none of these kits inspire me.

Spent a ton of money in the old shop. I was always baffled why they didn't do the same thing for Sims 4. But my bank account is probably happier.

anything